Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

Maybe this leads to an on-topic unpopular opinion...I really don't care about behind the scenes drama.  If it weren't for social media, odds are drama, egos, discord, etc wouldn't be all that well known.  So to me, give me a good actor & I'll watch.  I mean, from what I've seen on Twitter, MM isn't somebody I'd want to hang out with, but I thought he made a decent Adam.

I wish this idea was more common, it would probably prevent a lot of unnecessarily arguments on message bords. As long as someone is doing their job their personal life isn't going to affect my opinion of their acting abilities or the character they portray. MM seems to be a difficult person to deal with but I still think he mostly did a good job as Adam.

I was a bit sad that Phyllis' character exited on such a lame note, though. That tumble down the stairs was RIDICULOUS!

I probably would hae rather seen her go off to prison for something instead of this. Falling down the stairs because of stupid ass Sharin? Really?

• Love 2

Ha pearlite, did you like my soap commentary or my culinary musings?

I was very interested in your Taco Bell review.  lol  It didn't look that good to me, but now I might try it.  And I only have to go around the corner!  (Your soap commentary was very good as well.)

My unpopular opinion? I liked Cricket but I do agree that she was on too, too much back in the day. I therefore hated Phallus from the moment she galloped her goat-smelling ass onto the scene. An over-rated self involved unprofessional line repeating wannabe. The only time I though she could halfway act a scene is when she was Sheila. Then she was on every phreaking day in every phreaking s/l. Ugh. Blerg.

I don't miss her.

• Love 3

Ha pearlite, did you like my soap commentary or my culinary musings?

Both! What's a sausage wrap crunch? What crunches--a battered sausage? Clearly Toronto is deprived of this...as well as waffle tacos. Taco Bells are mainly in mall food courts here or on fast-food strips. Do they put a waffle inside a taco? Enquiring minds...

Phyllis [pre-caricature MS] is such a missing quantity at this point--she put some acid into the mix. She alone occupied that territory, and at best, she was fearless. I might not have loved her, or even liked her a lot of the time, but I was always interested in what she'd do.

And the idea of MM being in a cusp area where social media are concerned struck me as dead-on, and typical of some social-media enthusiasts in his age-group I've met. They don't have the same gauges as younger users, go overboard, and then, in the case of academics in their early 40s, decide to turn their infatuation into courses of study. [Can we tell I think this is crap?]

Sadly, when Cricket returned, I did one of those reversals after decades of finding her insipid beyone words, and felt like I'd missed her.

• Love 1

I did like her as Phyllis, though, so count me in with the unpopulars. All that scheming and opportunism... I thought she played it well.

I loved her scheming and plotting. I loved when she owned her bad girl status. Trying to keep that wimp Nick happy hurt her fire. I didn't like her being all weak during that time. The show is lacking a bad girl or boy who owns being bad.. too many boring vanilla wafers for me.

• Love 1

I noticed on her twitter a while back (went there to see if she commented on the MM firing) she made an angry tweet about people who criticize writing should try to get in a room together and see what they come up with (I'm paraphrasing). The old "I don't need to do better because you couldn't" defense. Congrats to her on winning that award, I guess, but the defensiveness is grating. Didn't realize she was a Scientologist, but that explains using the Fort Hood shooting to take a swipe at psychiatric medicine.

I did like her as Phyllis, though, so count me in with the unpopulars. All that scheming and opportunism... I thought she played it well. None of the other characters have stepped up to the plate. Maybe this is where they were going with Kelly?

Frankly, I think any number of people could come up with better writing, all the way from fans to actual writers. Speaking of actual writers, the bar is set pretty high on tv series now, in general. This argument holds no water. Hell, I bet any number of us that have watched the show (YR) for any length of time could sit down in a room, bounce ideas around, and hammer out something better than what's being offered up. At least then there'd be some continuity, wrapping up of story lines in a logical way, and some respect for the history of the show. If you want a good example of how this can be done, see the new DALLAS. As for her own woeful web series, I don't buy that a ton of thought has went into it. It's just...flat. it's strictly amateur hour, and MS' so-called "star power" adds nothing to the show. She is a c-lister that folks know almost exclusively from YR, and once the novelty of seeing her in an episode of her web series wears off, they'll tune out. Now, had there been better writing, that may not be the case.

As for MS' Scientology, hey, she should believe whatever she wants. It is indeed a free country. I personally think the "religion" of Scientology is a load of bunk after reading DIANETICS years ago in university for a philosophy paper. Hubbard was a sci-fi writer, and a decent one. But when he ventured into "religious" territory, then it became suspect. Things become classless, however, when people start using things like the FH incident which you mention, "to take a swipe at psychiatric medicine" (quoting you here....I agree). Once again, people are free to believe what they like, but statements like that make people look at those that say them and go, "huh?". I'm sure there's an element of MS that uses Scientology connections to further her career, and no one can fault her for that, but when those in Scientology start stepping over the line of good taste, then maybe it's time to question if the association is worth it.

Lastly, yeah MS DID have a great run as Phyllis. It was just her last couple of years on the show which completely derailed the character she had built. The character of Phyllis moved over the years from a fringe character to a "main canvas" character, and MS' acting choices over the past couple of years almost made the character into a caricature. On one hand, MS moulded the character far better than the previous actress who played Phyllis, but in the same breath, it needs to be pointed out that she ruined the character with her hammy overacting near the end.

• Love 5

YAY!!! I feel the exact same. Chloe just lost her kid,, she has a reason to be a tad crazy. Sharin is crazy 18 years later so I am ok with Chloe being a little crazy a few months after.. Chelsea makes me sick.

Yes and many of us miss her. Phyllis is what is missing for this viewer. The show is filled with vanilla and needs some spice. MS as Phyllis brought that spice.

MS as Phyllis brought the character with jazz hands, "I did it for my fambhly" (sounds like Victurd), bad shimmying (Dr. Tim), hollering over other actors, "I WIN! I WIN!", suspect parenting, Dumpster Delight With Deacon, and more than a slight obsession with Sharin'. Less "spice" on an oatmeal show than odious turd in the punchbowl in the world of GC. When even Victurd has minimal tolerance for your character, well, you know the character is obnoxious.

My unpopular opinion here, speaking of character of The Golden Cooter, Sharin, is that her character is actually one of the most compelling on the canvas. Now, it took me a long time to warm up to the character, but she's actually the quite important to the series, I'm guessing to the chagrin of quite a few folks. She's the catalyst for what...like three important story lines? That being the case, her fall and progressive redemption (which we're in the middle of) is interesting. She's a flawed character, with her eccentricities, craziness, and baggage...much like Phyllis. It should also be mentioned that without her character, Phyllis would not have had such an effective foil, and would not have had the opportunities, story-wise, that she has. So in that respect, she is beholden to Sharin, I guess you could say. The two need each other, really. They're like Batman and The Joker!

• Love 1

canuck, the only part of your previous post that I disagree with is that they need each other. Not at all IMO. But an absolute and resounding YES to the rest.

Haha! Well, I guess you COULD argue that they don't need each other, P&E. I meant that they're such natural foils and adversaries that it makes sense to keep them at odds with one another.

• Love 1

I'd rather watch Sharon have another adversary.I do get the natural foils aspect but those "battles" got so tired after a while ( like 5 mins ). Now Nikki and Sharon are pure gold IMO especially when you know that the two ladies involved are great friends IRL.  It's still over Nick but I find it more entertaining. Jack and Victor will be fighting over who gets the dentures that day in the nursing home. They will end up as roomies!

• Love 1

I don't think sharin is needed at all and sc needs some acting lessons. I thini she is a very weak actress and pairing her with JM is stupid, he is weaker than sc is. MS made JM better, he is too weak to be paired with another weak one.

My unpopular opinion? I liked Cricket but I do agree that she was on too, too much back in the day. I therefore hated Phallus from the moment she galloped her goat-smelling ass onto the scene. An over-rated self involved unprofessional line repeating wannabe. The only time I though she could halfway act a scene is when she was Sheila. Then she was on every phreaking day in every phreaking s/l. Ugh. Blerg.

I don't miss her.

TWO - you kill me!  I agree.  When MS' buddy LML took over it became the Phallus Hour, same with MAB.  I will thank JFP forever for putting that to an abrupt end.

Edited by Suby
  • Love 3

I don't think sharin is needed at all and sc needs some acting lessons. I thini she is a very weak actress and pairing her with JM is stupid, he is weaker than sc is. MS made JM better, he is too weak to be paired with another weak one.

While I'll agree with you that JM is a weak to middling actor, I'd be very hard pressed to think that the Nick/Phyllis relationship eclipses the Nick/Sharon relationship. Nick's a tool, yes, but the Nick/Sharon relationship has roots that the Nick/Phyllis relationship/pairing does not. In fact, I'll bet if you were to poll fans about who was the more memorable pairing, they'd vote Nick/Sharon. They have a longer backstory together, and longtime fans saw them grow up on the show together, and face adversity, ie. the Matt Clark arc, and the death of Cassie. Nick/Phyllis does not have that kind of depth.

Comparing Phyllis and Sharon and their respective relationships with Nick is like comparing Nikki's pairings with Jack and Victor. Yes, they got together, and yes, they were a couple, but folks remember Nikki's pairing with Victor waaaaay more than they do with her pairings with Jack. Same goes for Phyllis/Sharon/Nick. Phyllis is the "Jack" of the pairing; some people liked it, but many more people liked Nick and Sharon. Frankly, I think they're going back to the well one too many times with Nick and Sharon right now, but there's no doubting who the stronger pairing is, long term.

As far as SC needing acting lessons, she's hammed it up plenty as well, that's for sure, but past the "Newman Enterprises hostile takeover" arc of a year or so ago, I'd be struggling to find a comparative example for her to go head to head with MS' scenery chewing.

Edited by canucktvwatcher
  • Love 4

IA that SC hammed it up plenty during that s/l but I think that it was to show the character going off the rail mentally and a coping mechanism by the actress. That was such a POS s/l that SC chose to ham it up as a way to get through it. Apparently the cast had a blast filming it. Contrast that with the OTT hamming it up / scenery chewing/line stomping by MS as an attention seeking device and the differences are miles apart IMO.  

• Love 1

I don't agree at all. I think SC is weak at best. The bug eyes in every scene is a real poor acting choice. The same stunned look for every situation.. that is on SC not the character. I am sure it does not say now look stunned AGAIN. She does make JM look strong. I will give her that.. but 2 weak actors should never be paired together.. and right now the show is filled with almost ALL weak.

• Love 3

IA that SC hammed it up plenty during that s/l but I think that it was to show the character going off the rail mentally and a coping mechanism by the actress. That was such a POS s/l that SC chose to ham it up as a way to get through it. Apparently the cast had a blast filming it. Contrast that with the OTT hamming it up / scenery chewing/line stomping by MS as an attention seeking device and the differences are miles apart IMO.  

Not to mention another of MS' attention seeking devices - those flapjacks who took on a character of themselves - hee hee hee!

Carry on!

• Love 2

I probably would hae rather seen her go off to prison for something instead of this. Falling down the stairs because of stupid ass Sharin? Really?

Phyllis was constantly following Sharon around like a bitch in heat.  If she would have kept her huge snout out if it, she wouldn't have went splat down the steps. 

When Phyllis was a journalist *snerk* she was orgasmic over writing about Sharon.  Don't get me started on the undie shredding, lol.

Phyllis was an undiagnosed lunatic on the loose.  Good riddance. 

Maybe a re-cast can bring a purpose to Phyllis if it ever happens.

• Love 6

I don't agree at all. I think SC is weak at best. The bug eyes in every scene is a real poor acting choice. The same stunned look for every situation.. that is on SC not the character. I am sure it does not say now look stunned AGAIN. She does make JM look strong. I will give her that.. but 2 weak actors should never be paired together.. and right now the show is filled with almost ALL weak.

That's cool. SC does do a good " stunned", but I think I'd prefer that to MS' "intense". Woman looks like she's auditioning for a part in a SCANNERS film, hoping Sharin contorts and crumples under her mind power! MS doesn't do understated...ever. Everything is either "irritated", "attempted seduction/I'm SEXAY", "sweet talking to get what she wants", or "I'm hollering over you". MS' "acting choices" are rather limited. She's almost in ex-Sofia's league, but she's got two more moves than Sofia, which is not saying much. The difference with SC and MS is that SC will work WITH the script, not against it. Even the best actor in the world (which MS is most certainly not) will look like a buffoon when playing against what it set out on the page. It also appears that SC can work within the confines of the show and take direction. MS apparently could not, and was shown the door. Anyone thinking they're bigger than the show is a mistake, whether your name is MM, EB, or MS.

• Love 4

SC's bugs eyes are funny to me. Like, we get it Sharin is crazy.

...as opposed to MS' "I'm lurking outside your window and looking to recreate the bunny scene from FATAL ATTRACTION as I glare at you" eye popping extravaganza? Sharin's character apparently has a legit mental condition....how can you justify playing Supposedly Sane Phyllis giving people the Hairy Eyeball, and she's supposed to be fine?

Moderation is sometimes an actor's friend. Ever notice how people tune others out when all they do is holler? Hollering and intensity is fine, but it occasionally has to be tempered with quieter, more meaningful scenes. In her rush to portray Thy Holiness of the Righteous Hit and Run, Phyllis, as a rule breaking badass, MS did a disservice to Phyllis fans - she left the switch stuck on All Intense, All The Time. Variety is needed!

• Love 5

They are funny to me too but not in the HA HA kind of way. She does it in every scene. Too much botox maybe.

I take it you've not seen The Queen of Beethal Injection, Botox Betty herself, Kelly? Ain't no stopping that pharmaceutical train! Yowza!

• Love 1

Hey guys! Keep in mind that this section is for unpopular opinions. General discussion is open for talk about the show & if you want to talk about a particular character in depth use the specific character topic. If there isn't one for the character you want to talk about feel free to create one!

• Love 1

I'm glad there are fans of the show, and more power to you!

I honestly tried to give it a chance, and I watched all the eps available, but it was like watching paint dry. I find it hilarious that MS thought this would be the next big thing for her, though. The writing is worse than YR by a country mile, and as someone who enjoys wry humour, and indeed, humour in general, this fails abysmally. To each their own, I suppose.

And yes, I'm sure MS has enough money saved to last her awhile, but I predict she'll be doing soaps again. Because unless her web series hits big, which I find highly unlikely, she'll find that nobody really cares about her show. Praise from a few people ain't gonna pay the bills, and that award that she got from the Holiday Inn Web Series Awards isn't exactly making her the toast of Hollywood!

Nonetheless, it should be interesting to see what projects she chooses next. Very few soap actors/actresses can move between soaps and movies/prime time series.

What a marvelous post..every word is right on..love it!!

Okay, I will fess up with what is bound to be an unpopular opinion, but so help me god I cannot stand Cricket. I didn't like her from the get-go, when she became a maaaaadel. And decades later I can't stand her as the self-righteous assistant DA (or whatever she is).

It was fun to see her pop up every couple of years with Danny for an episode or two, if only to be reminded how much I want to strangle her. But that was my limit.

We can have Cricket now but we can't have Ashley? WHY.

OK I'll say it...I like Chloe, and I love when she goes off on Chelsea.  Is she a little crazy? Absolutely, she lost her very young daughter, and I am getting sick of the citizens of GC basically telling her she needs to get over it.  And to hear Chelsea boo-hoo because she lost Adam?  I guess Chloe should get over it so all attention could go to that hag.

So much word to this post.  I don't get why Chloe is catching so much shit for her behavior.  The woman lost a child in the most cruel way, it was a horrific death all the way up to the way she found out who killed her child.  Still, her grief is glossed over and treated like it's horrible.  We had to watch for months as Victoria and Billy boo-hoo-hoo-ed all over GC.  It was all about Billy and we rarely saw Chloe and when we did she was consoling everyone else, poor Victoria, poor Kevin.  What about Chloe?  Who was consoling her?  Even her grief was made all about Chelsea or Adam.   I got so sick of it and now I'm positively furious that EH's character is being written as some shrew who is being so cruel to poor Chelsea.  it just makes me hate Chelsea more.    Chelsea was nothing more than a Chloe knock off wannabe snarky fashionista, but imo EH does it better and the writers never gave her a chance.   I guess EH just wasn't smart, she should have  gotten engaged to a CBS exec. 

• Love 5

I have seen Kelly but we were talking about Sharin. SO that is who I am talking about. Sharin and her poor acting choices and her weirdo bug eyes.

My point was that she is MUCH more botoxed than Sharin'.

I gathered that you don't care for Sharin' and her bug eyes. I dunno though, I think Nana Jazz Phyllis has her beat with those "I look like one of the aliens from the tv series V who is secretly a reptile but the people of Earth have no idea" eyes. That shit is TERRIFYING!

When Countess Von Flatjacks used to go off the rails, it looked like an outtake from MOMMIE DEAREST, and she was channeling Joan Crawford!

• Love 5

Okay, I will fess up with what is bound to be an unpopular opinion, but so help me god I cannot stand Cricket. I didn't like her from the get-go, when she became a maaaaadel. And decades later I can't stand her as the self-righteous assistant DA (or whatever she is).

It was fun to see her pop up every couple of years with Danny for an episode or two, if only to be reminded how much I want to strangle her. But that was my limit.

We can have Cricket now but we can't have Ashley? WHY.

You're not alone on this one. Albino Eyebrows' holier than thou schtick needs to be trotted out sparingly. I never cared for her either, but when Tenuous Grasp On Reality Recipe Phyllis, in a crazed rage, tried to Death Race 2000 her and Paulie, I felt bad for her. Then she recovered and was as insufferable as ever. Blah, blah, blah, I'm crusading for truth, justice, and the American Way.

The only time Crocket needs to show up is in an 80's montage with Danny Suckalotti and a big-haired Lauren. That, or when Danny's latest Remember My Hit Song/I Need Money For New Hair Plugs tour rolls through GC. Her marriage to Chief Paulie Bigpeen has been of no substance or consequence thus far.

Assley the Ice Princess is a much better alternative. I'd much rather have her hand wringing and Abby-chiding than Pisstine's "I told you so" horseshit.

But hey, that's just me.

Edited by canucktvwatcher
  • Love 4
BRAD CARLTON?  He was like a cigar store Indian in a speedo!

lol! DD couldn't act worth shit. He got to the point that he could be wooden Brad  (I can't top the cigar store Indian in a speedo) in scenes where he didn't really have to emote. But when he did, he was ridiculous. The character was useful because he wasn't a Newman or an Abbott and so he could be paired with the women of both families. Plus he would sometimes side with Jack, sometimes Victor. So, that gave him some flexibility.

But I really thought he was weak. I was shocked they killed him off. But mostly I didn't care.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 1

So much word to this post.  I don't get why Chloe is catching so much shit for her behavior.  The woman lost a child in the most cruel way, it was a horrific death all the way up to the way she found out who killed her child.  Still, her grief is glossed over and treated like it's horrible.  We had to watch for months as Victoria and Billy boo-hoo-hoo-ed all over GC.  It was all about Billy and we rarely saw Chloe and when we did she was consoling everyone else, poor Victoria, poor Kevin.  What about Chloe?  Who was consoling her?  Even her grief was made all about Chelsea or Adam.   I got so sick of it and now I'm positively furious that EH's character is being written as some shrew who is being so cruel to poor Chelsea.  it just makes me hate Chelsea more.    Chelsea was nothing more than a Chloe knock off wannabe snarky fashionista, but imo EH does it better and the writers never gave her a chance.   I guess EH just wasn't smart, she should have  gotten engaged to a CBS exec.

I think it's the terrible writing that they've foisted on EH. They have her mentioning Delia At. Every. Single. Turn. Like I said, it's a tragic arc, but they're writing the character of Chloe into a corner by having her lash out so much. Once again, moderation.

That being said, folks do need to cut the character of Chloe some slack. This would be a life-shattering event for anyone. And to be fair, EH hit it out of the park after Delia's accident in those hospital scenes. Some of the most depth I've seen from her character, and further proof that if the character was written better and had opportunities, she could soar. Instead, she, and lots of other folks, are used to prop up Chelsea.

• Love 2

My point was that she is MUCH more botoxed than Sharin'.

I gathered that you don't care for Sharin' and her bug eyes. I dunno though, I think Nana Jazz Phyllis has her beat with those "I look like one of the aliens from the tv series V who is secretly a reptile but the people of Earth have no idea" eyes. That shit is TERRIFYING!

When Countess Von Flatjacks used to go off the rails, it looked like an outtake from MOMMIE DEAREST, and she was channeling Joan Crawford!

This is the funniest SyPhyllis hate I've read in ages! Gawd, how I miss the posts that Stick Insect Spittle Talker would inspire.

Thank you!

This is the funniest SyPhyllis hate I've read in ages! Gawd, how I miss the posts that Stick Insect Spittle Talker would inspire.Thank you!

You're welcome! MS' Intensity Without Quarter wore thin after a while. There's only so much "I'm saying my lines with so much intensity it appears I am passing a boulder through my urethra" that viewers can stand. Whoa, Sally! DIAL. IT. BACK!

• Love 2

I found MS, saggy lopsided freely swaying, never in a bra, hanging down to her navel tits way more distracting than SC's eyes.  It's been said by Sharon Case herself that as soon as she found out that her character was supposed to have a mental illness that she would incorporate strange looks or behavior.  This is a deliberate acting choice by her.   MS otoh never alerted us to the fact that her tits would be used at every turn to assault or gross out viewers or that she would be brushing them up against JM at every turn.  I guess we were supposed to find her alluring when she would stoop over to let a young Kyle peer through the deep low valley of her rapidly aging cleavage.  Thank JEEZUS her face, her snout and her tits are gone. 

That bovine Phyllis in a coma is the gift that keeps on giving.  

There's only so much "I'm saying my lines with so much intensity it appears I am passing a boulder through my urethra" that viewers can stand. Whoa, Sally! DIAL. IT. BACK!

Well there was one episode where she screamed so loudly it was as if she were passing a boulder through her urethra, it was when she lost her blueberry.  Lawdy that was the most embarrassing piece of shit I have ever witnessed on a daytime soap.  I can't even imagine what the cast and crew thought when MS was writhing around on the floor screeching her head off.   Clearly this woman never did her research on miscarriages.  

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 3

You're welcome! MS' Intensity Without Quarter wore thin after a while. There's only so much "I'm saying my lines with so much intensity it appears I am passing a boulder through my urethra" that viewers can stand. Whoa, Sally! DIAL. IT. BACK!

Bwahaha! What a way to start the day!! Thank you canuck :D

Yelly McYellerson lost me every time she opened her gob. I was so distracted by all of her acteen choices that I used to just roll my eyes and plug my ears.  When your co-stars are giving a very obvious side eye on camera, you should know you've crossed the line but MS refused to get the memo. Phallus can stay in her coma for good and Jack can move on to someone who won't dickjump should the opportunity present itself..

• Love 1

But, but, but..... Lamplighter. You mean to tell me you don't miss Brad's whistling S's?? 

Honestly, I'm not sure I ever heard him speak.  When I said my original FF I wasn't making it up.  The only time I liked him was when he Bradsicled.  Heroic and off the show.  Win fucking win.

Some people upthread have mentioned an acting choice of shouting over others.  I have noticed that kind of thing happens in a lot of scenes, where we have 2 characters talking at the same time & one tries to talk above the other.  I can't stand when they do that, I can't understand what either of them are trying to say!  I can't say I necessarily noticed it happens in scenes with the same actor(s), so I wonder if it's some kind of directing choice so the conversation "sounds natural." 

Edited by ByTor

When I am talking about the shouting over others I'm not talking about how it can and does occur in normal conversations. I'm talking about certain actors repeatedly shouting their lines in some sort of attempt to give emphasis where none's really warranted or when they trample over their scene mate's lines deliberately. You can tell when this sort of thing happens because the one actor will look at the other with a major WTF look. 

I thought Chelsea's grief was authentic and sad in the beginning, and that she got the short end of the stick compared to Billy and all his wallowing and support he got. It was after she kidnapped a baby and can't get why anyone still has a problem with that (like one week later) that is started getting hard to take. 

I thought Chelsea's grief was authentic and sad in the beginning, and that she got the short end of the stick compared to Billy and all his wallowing and support he got. It was after she kidnapped a baby and can't get why anyone still has a problem with that (like one week later) that is started getting hard to take. 

• Love 1

Chloe's grief is understandable but they have made her so unlikeable that it's hard to have any sympathy for her. I really try but seeing her lash out at EVERYONE repeatedly is just grating. And her basically refusing to get any help doesn't help either. It's like she wants to drag everyone down with her. 

• Love 1

You're not alone on this one. Albino Eyebrows' holier than thou schtick needs to be trotted out sparingly. I never cared for her either, but when Tenuous Grasp On Reality Recipe Phyllis, in a crazed rage, tried to Death Race 2000 her and Paulie, I felt bad for her. Then she recovered and was as insufferable as ever. Blah, blah, blah, I'm crusading for truth, justice, and the American Way.

I cheered during the death race (and booed when Cricket survived). And then the idea of someone that vapid (and I mean vapid even by soap opera standards) working for the Justice Department drove me crazy. Now all she does is show up in Paul's office to talk about how he's working late. Oh yeah, and she worked a deal for Fen. If you haven't seen it, look for Lauralee Bell's Lifetime movie. It was shit-tastic.

Brad Carlton may have been a cigar store Indian in a speedo (hee), but I miss the old days when GC had people who weren't all executives or business owners. The hired help seduces an Abbott heir with poor self-esteem... that was good. I dunno. Maybe I'm just nostalgic for the 80s version of Y&R.

Chloe has worn out her welcome with me, and that's sad because I like EH. They're writing that character into the ground. Taking a pair of scissors to the final look at the fashion show? C'mon.

That MS miscarriage scene was nuts. Miscarriage = paralyzed from the waist down. Okey-doke.

Edited by glowlights
  • Love 1

That bovine Phyllis in a coma is the gift that keeps on giving.  

Well there was one episode where she screamed so loudly it was as if she were passing a boulder through her urethra, it was when she lost her blueberry.  Lawdy that was the most embarrassing piece of shit I have ever witnessed on a daytime soap.  I can't even imagine what the cast and crew thought when MS was writhing around on the floor screeching her head off.   Clearly this woman never did her research on miscarriages.  

It sure is!  YAY!

Oh my the Blueberry debacle.  That was off the charts - not in a good way.  Best of all the phone was 6 inches away - ah the hilarity!

• Love 5

What was the point of having Bug and Paul get married? I immediately have to FF all their scenes because she's so annoying. 

I suspect Ms. Bell wanted to get back into acting part-time, like a hobby, now that her kids are a bit older. And based on her name she was of course able to pull strings at Y&R. So now we're stuck with this non-character in a non-marriage. FF, FF, FF, FF, FF...

• Love 1

More unpopular opinions,  As much as I loved Michael Muhney's Adam Newman, he was not the show.  Same for Billy Miller.   Yes they were both great but there was a YR before them.  Contrary to popular belief among some, they didn't make YR #1.  That status was carried by those who came before them.   

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 7

Absolutely Trip. As I've stated before, after 40 years of watching, I've had a lot of favs leave which has been disappointing. However, the sky didn't fall and the show has gone on successfully without them. I've even found new characters to root for.  If I hadn't, I wouldn't still be watching and enjoying. Yes, enjoying!  There is always a lot to bitch about no matter what you are watching ( well unless it GoT  or Vikings ) but we're talking a daily show with a ton of dialogue etc. It can always be better but it sure could be worse as well. It has been worse in the past. The worst would be for us to lose our show to cancellation.

• Love 6

The simple truth is, Bill Bell and his brilliant mind is what made YR #1. The fact that it remains there, is nothing more than the goodwill attached to his name and legacy and the beloved characters he created that are still there,  Jill, Victor, Nikki, Jack, Nick, Sharon just to name a few. This is clearly evidenced by the shitfest it has become now and no amount of fantastic acting can cover that up.  I don't care how many MM's or BM's you bring in, the show is not what it once was. 

• Love 5