Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

Trivia questions, because I am too lazy to Google it.  Ronan had two names, correct?  His undercover and real one?  What was his other name, and which was the real one?

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of his names LardAss McPicklePuss?  Or was that just one of the pet names SyPhyllis called him after dumpster sex?? 

He was such a "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today" sort of guy.

• Love 3
(edited)

Bwhahaha! LardAss McPicklePuss is completely accurate but we called him Morose McLipless.

That's too perfect!  Perhaps "Morose" was his baptismal name, and "LardAss" was his confirmation name?

Ewwww.......I remember him from AMC, playing the younger brother of Ryass Lamery.  When they "cut the bad out" of his character on that show, it was completely unfair that all that "bad" ended up appearing in Genoa City some years later.  I swear that he didn't leer at SyPhyllis as much as he sized her up as a lunch menu, wondering if she'd taste better smeared with cream cheese.  I think the actor never understood what "looking hungry" really means in acting.

Nina deserved SO MUCH BETTER.  At least she had Chance - and her mom jeans.

Edited by boes
  • Love 2

UO:  I did not like Billy Miller.  I would ff thru him (and of course, Kane).  I though his hamming it up all the time was a complete turn off.  I haven't watched since they killed Delia - I could not go thru all that depressing stuff - and just never came back.  But I do keep up, and when BM left, there was such an outcry, while I'm thinking, who cares?  Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I did not start rewatching this show til about a year ago, and I didn't like Billy Miller AT ALL.  Until he left.  Then I didn't like David Tom, because he was so miscast.  But I came to realize that I don't like Billy ABBOTT.  lol   Both actors have been good at making me not like him.  I still feel like DT is miscast just because he can't compete in scenes with Victor or Stitch.  Not actingwise, necessarily, he's just the wrong type.  I think his acting has been very good with Chloe and that whole crazy storyline.  I hope he gets something else, because it's not his fault they miscast him in this role.

• Love 1

I did not start rewatching this show til about a year ago, and I didn't like Billy Miller AT ALL.  Until he left.  Then I didn't like David Tom, because he was so miscast.  But I came to realize that I don't like Billy ABBOTT.  lol   Both actors have been good at making me not like him.  I still feel like DT is miscast just because he can't compete in scenes with Victor or Stitch.  Not actingwise, necessarily, he's just the wrong type.  I think his acting has been very good with Chloe and that whole crazy storyline.  I hope he gets something else, because it's not his fault they miscast him in this role.

BM was grotesque to me when he first appeared, with his rictus grin and constant mugging, He was nearly as painful for me to watch as MS. The only time he was tolerable to me was when he first hooked up with Victoria but that quickly faded into Baby Rabies and Victor -angst. I'm not enjoying DT either but for different reasons. Hopefully the nuBilly will be better.

• Love 1

BM was grotesque to me when he first appeared,

Me too.  I remember being particularly skeeved out when he slept with Sharin' the night before he was to marry Chloe.  Wasn't Sharin' Chloe's maid of honor or some shit?

• Love 1

You're right, he did have much more chemistry with Sharon.  Though, she tends to have chemistry with everyone.

It could still happen, I guess!  And it wouldn't be all that icky.  Nick losing another woman to another half-brother...

UO:  I just came to realization that I'm really starting to like Allpurpose Park. It's pretty and more elegant than most of these "billionaires" houses. I think I might need professional help..

Yeah, Red Claws Memorial Park is growing on me, too. The set is getting lots of use, which is good. Even the hokey "city" transition shots are getting better, and add some believability (well, as much as you can have in a soap) to the proceedings. Maybe, just maybe, if the show doesn't get cancelled, they'll invest in more sets.

Sets that they can give us a break with? The GC Anything-But-Athletic Club, The New Newman Ranch That Smells Like Old People (The Newman Raunch), and Griftea's Lair.

• Love 1

UO:  I just came to realization that I'm really starting to like Allpurpose Park. It's pretty and more elegant than most of these "billionaires" houses. I think I might need professional help..

And...not really a spoiler...we now have exteriors of A/P Park!

No need for Ian or Sharon's shrink--you're just afflicted with good taste.

• Love 1

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of his names LardAss McPicklePuss?  Or was that just one of the pet names SyPhyllis called him after dumpster sex?? 

He was such a "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today" sort of guy.

lol - Ronan did chunk out.  Must have been all the burgers and onion rings he and Phylthy engulfed. He was almost never shirtless - always in the black tank top of virility.  LardAss Liver-Stealing PicklePuss would be a good moniker.

It was Deacon that Phylthy bent over the dumpster.  He was working at Glo Worm (IIRC) and waltzed into the alley swinging a fresh bag of garbage.  Right at the same time Granny Von JIzzHands was trolling the alley then it was hi-ho Greenie Away!

• Love 4

It was Deacon that Phylthy bent over the dumpster.  He was working at Glo Worm (IIRC) and waltzed into the alley swinging a fresh bag of garbage.  Right at the same time Granny Von JIzzHands was trolling the alley then it was hi-ho Greenie Away!

I don't know when I'm going to stop laughing at this.  The show may suck, but it sure brings out the best in the viewers. 

• Love 3

I hate Victoria. She's lucky Billy stayed married to her after all the crap her father pulled and her always forgiving the old fart.

I can't stand her either.. she is a whiny spoiled brat. I really am not a fan of AH. I think she is horrible and looks such a fucking mess all of the time.

• Love 2

lol - Ronan did chunk out.  Must have been all the burgers and onion rings he and Phylthy engulfed. He was almost never shirtless - always in the black tank top of virility.  LardAss Liver-Stealing PicklePuss would be a good moniker.

LOL, I so love this post!! Every word is spot on!!

• Love 1

remember being particularly skeeved out when he slept with Sharin' the night before he was to marry Chloe.  Wasn't Sharin' Chloe's maid of honor or some shit?

Oh come now.. sweet wonderful kind perfect sharin doesn't do shit like that. LOL

Bwahahaha!!! Ah, Phallus' Dumpster Delight! Does that make her Deacon's Dumpster Diva? Geez, all these characters are gone....back then, not very long ago, it was an embarrassment of comedy riches!

Ronan = Sir Rosis of Pillsbury?

• Love 3
(edited)

Ronan = Sir Rosis of Pillsbury?

Canuck - I am dyeen here.

Speaking of pop n' fresh dough, Nikki was busting out of that leopard print number today.

Edited by Suby
  • Love 1

Canuck - I am dyeen here.

Speaking of pop n' fresh dough, Nikki was busting out of that leopard print number today.

Yeah, every time she rocks that leopard skin print, it's an event! Meh, I don't mind it. MTS looks pretty good for her age, she's got curves, and she's all out of fucks to give about what people think regarding her wardrobe choices. I mean, leopard skin prints wouldn't be everyone's choice, but if she's down with that, more power to her! :)

• Love 2

I am about 3 days behind after skipping most of last week so I have not been treated to Nikki/animal print UGH/need another size or just another outfit---I am figure challenged on a good day but I often notice they dress Nikki HORRIBLE, especially when she minces steps which I assume is due to a bad back--I get it-----she is not the only one but really--UGH--I have battled body issues most of my life (too short, no waist, often overweight, bad ankles etc) but many of my friends (of the thin persuasion) say I know how to dress and how to hide what should be hidden---3/4 length coats and sleeves, nothing that stops at the waist because there is none--watch out for sleeveless etc and LOOK IN THE MIRROR FROM ALL ANGLES----from what I see this is never done with NIkki and sometimes Avery --Sharon and the rest of the size nothings it does not matter but to everyone else especially in front of a camera it DOES---

• Love 1

My unpopular opinions are:

1. I have loved and enjoyed Joshua Morrow since the moment he came onto my screen as Nicholas 20 years ago. Nick can be a bonehead and he often makes ridiculously stupid decisions, but I will always always root for him because of my appreciation for Joshua.

2. I hate CK as Lily and wish they would bring back Davetta Sherwood.

3. Cane needs to go bye bye.

4. I would be ok if Eric Braden left the show for 6 month or so. I don't hate Victor, but I do think the character needs a break.

5. I don't miss Billy Miller at all. He was horrendous as Billy Abbot.

• Love 1

I found both Billy Miller and David Tom horrendous as Billy recently. 

I hate Lily with a burning passion and CK can't act worth a damn.

I like Melissa Ordway as Abby though the months of obsessing over Mariah long before she was in town was annoying. I never bought Marcy/Emmy Rylan as the daughter of Ashley and Victor.

I always hated the character of Chloe partially because EH was beyond miscast to me. I couldnt stand her constant smug looks and botoxed face. I never brought Chloe as a fashionista or a vixen. 

I hate Nikki Newman and was actually hoping Cricket would bitch slap her when she was constantly crying in Paul's arms over Dylan.

• Love 3

I never understood the antipathy toward Tammin Sursok.  I thought she was fine.  I thought she did quite well in the Crystal Lake scenes.  It's Muhneyesque in its proportions. 

If there were an unpopular opinion sweepstakes, I believe you'd be declared the winner!  Truth be told, I quite liked her as well, and I thought she was the prettiest of the Colleens.

• Love 1

Who do you guys think was the best Diane Jenkins?

Alex Donnelley all the way! I was so thrilled when they brought her back, too! To me she's the real Diane. She's always been one of my faves on this show period.

If there were an unpopular opinion sweepstakes, I believe you'd be declared the winner!  

I'd say liking Tammin Suresux is even more unpopular than liking Yvonne Zima! 

And now I have to go wash my keyboard after typing those names.

• Love 1
(edited)

Susan Walters was my favorite Diane.  Alex Donnelley was good too, though.

Maura West was a terrible miscast.  I watched her entire run on ATWT and while she was certainly a decent actress, I always thought she was overrated.  Good but not as great as I heard people say she was.  For all intents and purposes, she had only ever played Carly in her entire career, and I was curious to see if she had a range wide enough to play a character who was quite different.  She did a decent enough job, because she didn't play Diane the same way as Carly, but she never made me forget or stop missing the other Dianes.

Edited by Aquarius
  • Love 1