Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

Also @PEACHESLATOUR I don't think you're off about Nikki and Victor. I would like to see them together without being gross too. Nikki should be a lush (low level, not this intervention crap. But they will never do that), having affairs with hot young men on the side, and speaking truths about her husband and how she puts up with it because she likes being Lady Newman.

I would love to see that too.

And hey, I'm the guy who liked the Dirty Tan Sofa version of Billy!

I did as well. He was no Billy Miller but he was worlds better than Buttbiscuit.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Burgess Jenkens was the actor's name and he was fired.

I read that at first then this a bit later on. Sorry I forgot his name. Should have taken the time to look it up before replying.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I read that at first then this a bit later on. Sorry I forgot his name. Should have taken the time to look it up before replying.

Don't feel bad.  I liked the guy and I STILL called him Dirty Tan Sofa.

• Love 6
On 12/20/2017 at 11:20 PM, boes said:

I'm the guy who liked the Dirty Tan Sofa version of Billy!

He is by far my favorite Billy!

Very unpopular...I like the "previouslies" at the beginning of each episode.  :)

• Love 4

I too prefer the "Previously..." under the new regime to spoilers. 

I think Reed, Maddie, Charlie all in all were good SORAS moves. CK/Lily's youth aside, they don't come across at 27 year olds playing teens (whatever the actors' real ages are, I don't know). Only mistake was NOT doing a SORAS on Faith to the same bracket while she was at summer camp. That little girl grates on my last nerve.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 4
On 1/25/2018 at 8:20 AM, JasonCC said:

I think Reed, Maddie, Charlie all in all were good SORAS moves. CK/Lily's youth aside, they don't come across at 27 year olds playing teens (whatever the actors' real ages are, I don't know). Only mistake was NOT doing a SORAS on Faith to the same bracket while she was at summer camp. That little girl grates on my last nerve.

Lily's age is the only thing that bothers me about the twins as well.  I've seen sentiment that Mattie looks as old as Lily, but I couldn't disagree more, I totally buy her as a HS student.

NOBODY grates on my nerves like that damn kid who plays Faith!

• Love 6

The actors playing Mattie and Charlie are 20ish. I think Charlie looks 17 but Mattie looks older to me. And no way does CK look old enough to have 17-year old children. That really was a baffling decision and there's no way to fix it unless they hire an older actress to play Lily. (Because they're sure not going to deSORAS the twins now that they've had so much storyline.) Maybe they'll send the twins away to college for a few years and leave Lily looking like the young mom of an infant...

• Love 7
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:19 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

The actors playing Mattie and Charlie are 20ish. I think Charlie looks 17 but Mattie looks older to me. And no way does CK look old enough to have 17-year old children. That really was a baffling decision and there's no way to fix it unless they hire an older actress to play Lily. (Because they're sure not going to deSORAS the twins now that they've had so much storyline.) Maybe they'll send the twins away to college for a few years and leave Lily looking like the young mom of an infant...

On that note (and don't know if this is unpopular or not) I think that if they were to slightly de-SORAS someone it should be a recast Summer. HK was no great shakes as an actress, I have no attachment to her, and she always seemed a little old to be a teen model or whatever the hell she was when she was initially given the SORAS treatment,. Was she even in high school? I guess to amend what I said above is that Reed, Maddie and Charlie worked as a SORAS (for me, in spite of poor CK being too young) because they clearly stated they were in school and given TEEN plots. I think a SORAS is wasted when they hire a 28 yr old actor and just give them ambiguous ages with jobs and hanging out at Crimson Lights. There's time enough for that in a few years, milk some true teen drama first (under aged drinking, virginity lost, dating, playing one parent against another et. al.).

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 8

DeSORASing Summer would make some sense given how hard they're trying to make grandma Phyllis seem younger. If they don't bring in a teenaged Summer then I bet they'll let Phyllis have another baby. There have been several pointed conversations of late where Phyllis has been kinda wistful about pregnancy while also claiming she'd never want to go through it again. Giving characters babies usually seems to make them read as younger. I just hope if she does get knocked up it isn't by Billy. The last thing that idiot needs is another kid.

• Love 6

I'd be up for Dummer being de-sorased right out of existence.  

Funny how nobody seems to miss "the future of the Newmans" once she fell into that sinkhole in, Bali, was it?

• Love 14

i kinda wish they would just kill the dummer character off....

the only reason hk was hired was because jfp was like her second mother....the second mother thing was something hk said, when she got her emmy for her role as dummer i think it was....

same with ra, he was also on the same show hk was only played her boyfriend on it.  it was jfp previous gig before coming to y&r.

• Love 6
On 1/31/2018 at 6:10 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

DeSORASing Summer would make some sense given how hard they're trying to make grandma Phyllis seem younger. If they don't bring in a teenaged Summer then I bet they'll let Phyllis have another baby. There have been several pointed conversations of late where Phyllis has been kinda wistful about pregnancy while also claiming she'd never want to go through it again. Giving characters babies usually seems to make them read as younger. I just hope if she does get knocked up it isn't by Billy. The last thing that idiot needs is another kid.

Phyllis was no spring chicken when she had Summer...back when Daniel himself was grown and married. Just...*eye twitch*

• Love 9

Phyllis was no spring chicken when she had Summer...back when Daniel himself was grown and married. Just...*eye twitch*

To be fair though, that was largely a function of the age of the actress. GT is eight or so years younger than MS and certainly not old enough to have a kid who's in his 30s. Nothing against GT but bringing her on as Phyllis just screwed up Phyllis' history almost completely because of the age of Phyllis' kids. Bringing on HK to SORAS Summer didn't help either. The main reason Summer exists is because of the death of Mariah's twin Cassie. If Mariah's in her late 20s then Summer should at best be slightly older than Faith. And now they can't/won't fix the mess because of that idiot Billy...

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 7

I hated when they recast Diane Jenkins with "Carly" who was about half the age of the character. They had her boink Nick - ! And then they killed her. A giant waste of a talented actress and a giant waste of an historically rich character. Two soap crimes. And IIRC, both actresses were available - the real Diane Jenkins and the second actress to play her. Either would have been preferable.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Love 13
On 2/2/2018 at 7:34 AM, SweePea59 said:

I hated when they recast Diane Jenkins with "Carly" who was about half the age of the character. They had her boink Nick - ! And then they killed her. A giant waste of a talented actress and a giant waste of an historically rich character. Two soap crimes. And IIRC, both actresses were available - the real Diane Jenkins and the second actress to play her. Either would have been preferable.

Oh God, was that a complete waste. But then, that's the takeaway from MAB's legacy; she wasn't afraid to dip into history, but then she would kill them off once their purpose was served. 

And the Carltons ?? Don Diamont dodged a bullet with Brad being killed off. No matter how trash his current story is on B&B, it could not be worse than anything he'd have been subjected to with Jill or Mal.

• Love 10

i hated the way they killed beorge off... beorge is brad and his real identity of george kaplan...major rolleyes.

made him a navy seal then killed him off by drowning.

can't forget the reliquary storyline and the nazi's he killed with his killer thighs..

i liked him best when he was snarking and getting the best of phyl..of course she was played by jazzhands at the time tho.

• Love 10

REALLY unpopular opinion, LOL: I hate that Cane's kid is an afterthought to practically everyone.  This poor kid is fighting for his life offscreen with Cane more concerned about reuniting with Lily.

Bring back Cane's mother Genevieve (Genie Francis) to take care of her grandson and do a slow burn of putting her with Jack. I liked them together and it was stupid she was villified and dumped and Colin gets to resurface every few months and play grandpa.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Bring back Cane's mother Genevieve (Genie Francis) to take care of her grandson and do a slow burn of putting her with Jack.

I was going to say "HUH???" then realized this is unpopular opinions...you win! :)

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

REALLY unpopular opinion, LOL: I hate that Cane's kid is an afterthought to practically everyone.  This poor kid is fighting for his life offscreen with Cane more concerned about reuniting with Lily.

Bring back Cane's mother Genevieve (Genie Francis) to take care of her grandson and do a slow burn of putting her with Jack. I liked them together and it was stupid she was villified and dumped and Colin gets to resurface every few months and play grandpa.

Not unpopular with me. Using a premature child to prop a stanomania couple? Crap, I say.

And Genie! Absolutely--she was amusingly gothic in her house set, and she'd be fun with Jack.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

I was going to say "HUH???" then realized this is unpopular opinions...you win! :)

Awww she wasn't THAT bad. The writing for her was poop. They twisted everyone to make Cane look good. And he sucked so much they really had to make everyone else suck in comparison.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, TobinAlbers said:

Awww she wasn't THAT bad.

I wouldn't say bad, I just don't think there was any purpose to having her.  I really did not like her with Jack though...I felt like they were just thrown together because they were both available to be coupled at the time.  I thought as actors they had no chemistry at all.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I wouldn't say bad, I just don't think there was any purpose to having her.  I really did not like her with Jack though...I felt like they were just thrown together because they were both available to be coupled at the time.  I thought as actors they had no chemistry at all.

I don't even remember her with Jack, not one glimmer.  I like Genie, enjoyed her AMC stint many years ago, despised Luke and Laura but that was because of the odious Geary.  Her Y+R run was sort of a waste, IMO, but then anything and anyone Cane-related is a waste for me.

And Colin can never resurface again as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Anytime Kevin appears, I reach for the remote; cannot stand the character.  I had hope when he went to another soap..Days of Our Lives?

You and I both.  He's set to start appearing on Days pretty soon.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Speaking of which, have he and Jill divorced yet?

No, he's accompanying her on her bucket list tour of the world.  We last saw him, I think, when he met Juliet and blathered some sort of encouragement and advice to Cane.  Man annoys me to no end.

• Love 6

I have a major UO: you may file this one next to my fondness for Ashley...

I don't mind Gina Tognoni as an actress. Let us now separate the actress from the role--besides, this Phyllis is pretty distinct, awful and strangely motivated as she may be, from MS' Phyllis. And I really loathed Operating Thetan Stafford.

But I kind of enjoy GT.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, pearlite said:

I have a major UO: you may file this one next to my fondness for Ashley...

I don't mind Gina Tognoni as an actress. Let us now separate the actress from the role--besides, this Phyllis is pretty distinct, awful and strangely motivated as she may be, from MS' Phyllis. And I really loathed Operating Thetan Stafford.

But I kind of enjoy GT.

I enjoy hating her so I guess I have that going for me.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 3
Just now, NinjaPenguins said:

I have always liked GT as an actor. Get Phyllis away from Buttbiscuit and I may even warm up to her character again.

I was a fan of GT all the way back to her days at OLTL.  When she first came on as Phyllis, I really liked her in the role, and especially with Jack.  It's this new romcom Phyllis I cannot stand.  But her rabid attacks on Chelsea are right in character for Phyllis.

• Love 13

I have no issues with GT in the role of Phyllis. In fact, I thought she rather seamlessly took over the role. However, I hate all her cheerleading for Philly and how she's riling up stans. Her job should be to act, not dictate story.

• Love 8

GT can be good, I liked her with Jack before the Marco crap but since ButtBiscuit she's got all the charm of one of Dickolas' carefully cultivated dingleberries - part of the Newman Coat of Arms, I believe.

She's certainly not as horrific as the Stafford was, not even close, but for me that's similar to arguing that Gingivitis is worse than crotch rot.

And unless Rom Com is supposed to inspire thoughts of homicide, hers is a fail IMO.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Flame away but I wanted Victor to kick the shit out of JT.

I'm all for it.  JT deserves it and so much more.

Then can Jack kick the shit out of Victor?

• Love 14
On 1/31/2018 at 9:50 AM, boes said:

I'd be up for Dummer being de-sorased right out of existence.  

Funny how nobody seems to miss "the future of the Newmans" once she fell into that sinkhole in, Bali, was it?

Soras her back to embryo 

• Love 7

I think they should keep the latest Kyle around. He's pretty on the eyes and a decent actor, better to just work with him and keep him in GC. This character needs to be front and center.

• Love 1