Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

I like lil’ Connor. Is he dramatic? Yes. Does he do bad things and manipulate people? Yes. Is he the spawn of Satan?  Nah. He’s a messed up kid that’s not being handled properly by his guilty overcompensating parents and this issue is being observed and commented on by Sharon in the show. Hopefully Adam and/or Chelsea get their crap together to set Connor on a better path soon, however, I don’t want him sent to boarding school. Having him onscreen and his relationship with Adam shown makes it less abstract and gives heft to the stakes for Adam to try to be better. Hard to be a complete asshole when your kid is staring you in the face. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, TobinAlbers said:

I like lil’ Connor. Is he dramatic? Yes. Does he do bad things and manipulate people? Yes. Is he the spawn of Satan?  Nah. He’s a messed up kid that’s not being handled properly by his guilty overcompensating parents and this issue is being observed and commented on by Sharon in the show. Hopefully Adam and/or Chelsea get their crap together to set Connor on a better path soon, however, I don’t want him sent to boarding school. Having him onscreen and his relationship with Adam shown makes it less abstract and gives heft to the stakes for Adam to try to be better. Hard to be a complete asshole when your kid is staring you in the face. 

fair point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Gudzilla said:

I almost always love Victoria's hair.

I almost always hate Victoria’s hair. She does have beautiful shiny hair (at least now after many years of dry, crispy, fried hair). However, the styling is so hit or miss or she’s always flipping her hair around her head/shoulders. What CEO of a “major international company” that you’ve seen photos of in the news has hair like that? Give me a break, hairdressers on Y&R.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I almost always hate Victoria’s hair. She does have beautiful shiny hair (at least now after many years of dry, crispy, fried hair). However, the styling is so hit or miss or she’s always flipping her hair around her head/shoulders. What CEO of a “major international company” that you’ve seen photos of in the news has hair like that? Give me a break, hairdressers on Y&R.

ones that got their jobs because daddy says so?

• LOL 7
On 12/31/2019 at 6:32 AM, JasonCC said:

I never would have said this in the early 90s when she ate the show--but I wouldn't mind seeing more Christine. 

I have to wonder...putting aside how much she ate the show, was she really that terrible of a "good girl" character? That was way before my time, but I know that the "good girls" I've had to suffer through during my twenty years of soap watching have either been holier-than-thou hypocrites like Taylor on B&B, sanctimonious AF like Lily (both Y&R and ATWT), or spineless pushovers like the current version of Hope on B&B...and I've never heard any of that about Christine, even from her biggest critics. She had lots of success as a model and then a lawyer (and a singing career in between? Is that how she met Danny?), but none of that was handed to her the way it has been for most of the brats on this show and especially B&B. The only time she truly lack any objectivity was when she was going after Phyllis for nearly murdering her all those years ago, and who can blame her for it?

I get the sense that she was just way overexposed but ultimately far from the worst character and she genuinely wanted to be a good person.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I have to wonder...putting aside how much she ate the show, was she really that terrible of a "good girl" character?

From what I remember, she wasn't that terrible of a "good girl" character so much as her goodness and perfection was shoved down our throats. I couldn't stand her then, but I like her now.  Plus, I think Lauralee Bell seems pretty nice.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

This isn't the article that I remember first hearing about EH and her hair but it does confirm that she doesn't want the hair people to mess with her hair. The article I read was years ago and she said she was a hippie off set and wanted that portrayed onset, as part of her character. It's an interesting article, with happy tidbits about co workers. I love that Melody Scott loves shoes!

Someone may have already posted this link, it is from 2018 I think.

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/icymi-amelia-heinle-interview/

i've always liked her hair. everybody doesn't need to have perfect hair. her hair is shiny and glossy and healthy. i like that.

• Love 8

I have to wonder...putting aside how much she ate the show, was she really that terrible of a "good girl" character? That was way before my time, but I know that the "good girls" I've had to suffer through during my twenty years of soap watching have either been holier-than-thou hypocrites like Taylor on B&B, sanctimonious AF like Lily (both Y&R and ATWT), or spineless pushovers like the current version of Hope on B&B...and I've never heard any of that about Christine, even from her biggest critics. She had lots of success as a model and then a lawyer (and a singing career in between? Is that how she met Danny?), but none of that was handed to her the way it has been for most of the brats on this show and especially B&B. The only time she truly lack any objectivity was when she was going after Phyllis for nearly murdering her all those years ago, and who can blame her for it?

You know that's how I remember her too--not as a syrupy annoying good girl really. I just remember perceiving--even back then--that she was in everyone's storyline in some capacity! Then my grandmother told me she was the boss's daughter and I was like "oh NOW it makes sense!" LOL

My fave in those years was Nina and her trashy mom Flo!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I think Nick is hot and I don't understand why he's called Banana Breath (although I don't understand the other nicknames either. )  

i think it goes back to the filthy drop cloth sex with ol' hammertoes.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

I think Banana Breath is a reference to Nick's more Neanderthal tendencies and attitudes towards the women in his life.  

And I have never taken offense at this nickname for Dickolas, even though I rightly should.

gerard butler banana GIF

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I think Banana Breath is a reference to Nick's more Neanderthal tendencies and attitudes towards the women in his life.  

I think you're right, Snaporaz.

I always thought that we should use the translation from PigLatin for Nicholas as his nickname, but "Lights His Own Farts On Fire For Fun" was just too long a name to catch on.  Kinda too Klassy for him, too.

More's the pity.....

• LOL 13
On 1/7/2020 at 8:50 AM, JasonCC said:

You know that's how I remember her too--not as a syrupy annoying good girl really. I just remember perceiving--even back then--that she was in everyone's storyline in some capacity! Then my grandmother told me she was the boss's daughter and I was like "oh NOW it makes sense!" LOL

My fave in those years was Nina and her trashy mom Flo!

She really did eat the show back then to the point that a fed-up Terry Lester left.  But she did come off as the holier-than-thou saint even at a young age.  And also whiney. She was young, blond and beautiful with a successful modeling career and all the men crushing on her (if memory serves, she had not 1, not 2, but 3 guys chasing her one summer!)  Quit fucking whining!  It didn't help that Lauralee was (and is) a pretty terrible actress. It was embarrassing watching her to pretend to cry with totally dry eyes when you had MTS and EB turning on the waterworks and snot in a nanosecond. She still can't cry for shit. And OMG, I still can't get that cringe-worthy embarrassing scene with her and newly-found dying mother Jessica singing that "Me and You Against the World" out of my head.

I also felt they wrote in the rape storyline to make her more sympathetic (usually they save that trope for the "bad" girls ala OLTL's Marty so they can turn into heroines). I wasn't buying it. I mean, of course, I felt bad, but it didn't make me insta-love her. I mean, heck, I still criticize Phyllis most of all for not getting the job done when she mowed down the Bug all those years ago. LOL.

And don't get me started on her still swapping spit with Scott when she had a thousand red arrows pointing to him being her half-brother. 

I much preferred scrappy, wrong-side-of-the-tracks Nina. And I preferred Paul with Nina.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

I don't mind Theo either, compared to Kyle anyway. Kyle IMO is a self-entitled twerp who was born on third base but thinks he hit a home run. And his body is weird to me, like it was made in a factory. Theo OTOH, is a sold hunk of meat with friggin' huge hands! 😻 Now I don't like what he seems to be pulling with Lola and I think he needs to get some counseling about his obsession with Kyle. I feel like the right woman could help him clean up his act, literally and figuratively. Lola's probably not that woman though. Maybe Jill or Nikki, because they've been around the block many times and can handle a wannabe bad boy like Theo. I would not wish Phyllis on him, Sharon and Victoria are too fragile right now, and Abby's got her hands full with PC4 (plus they're kind of related, no?).

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Maybe its not as unpopular as I thought? I like Theo too. I mean, maybe not "like" the character at all times....but I want him to stay on the canvas. He's pretty hot too--especially in the opening credits!

They need to do more nods to his Brooks pedigree, though, I think Jill should end up being his confidant (surrogate mom) for that reason.  Or maybe even a one-time-only Cougar roll in the hay that then transforms into "now we are buddies--thanks for the fuck". She can identify with being "kinda a...." (Abbott, Chancellor, etc...).  I mean, even Theo haters have to admit HE IS BETTER THAN CANE!

Theo is one of the few characters that looks great in the credits! Nikki/MTS needs to do a new credit photo shoot, even if it comes out of her own pocket. Her opening montage pic makes her look dowdy AF.

Sacrilege: the old Newman ranch was dated and tacky. Not agreeing with HOW they got rid of it--and in the vintage episodes I feel nostalgic for sure (BLUE PLATE! MIGUEL!)--but it's time had come. 

I kind of want to start a board for the Y&R sets discussion? I'm (weirdly) into that. Anyone else?

Edited by JasonCC
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, JasonCC said:

Sacrilege: the old Newman ranch was dated and tacky. Not agreeing with HOW they got rid of it--and in the vintage episodes I feel nostalgic for sure (BLUE PLATE! MIGUEL!)--but it's time had come. 

I kind of want to start a board for the Y&R sets discussion? I'm (weirdly) into that. Anyone else?

I agree about the old ranch set.  It looked like Laura Ashley threw up and died in there, and a long, long time ago, at that. Plus, it always looked so dusty.

JasonCC, I think a thread about the sets could be fun!

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, JasonCC said:

Maybe its not as unpopular as I thought? I like Theo too. I mean, maybe not "like" the character at all times....but I want him to stay on the canvas. He's pretty hot too--especially in the opening credits!

They need to do more nods to his Brooks pedigree, though, I think Jill should end up being his confidant (surrogate mom) for that reason.  Or maybe even a one-time-only Cougar roll in the hay that then transforms into "now we are buddies--thanks for the fuck". She can identify with being "kinda a...." (Abbott, Chancellor, etc...).  I mean, even Theo haters have to admit HE IS BETTER THAN CANE!

Theo is one of the few characters that looks great in the credits! Nikki/MTS needs to do a new credit photo shoot, even if it comes out of her own pocket. Her opening montage pic makes her look dowdy AF.

I'd love a thread about the sets!  I'm weirdly into that sort of thing, too.

That blue plate at the Newman Ranch is a classic!

**and I don't hate Theo.  Unfortunately, I feel the writers have done him wrong.  They don't know what they want him to be, so at times he's ignorant, others he's downright devious, and then other times he's someone you feel sorry for.  They just need to pick a lane for him.......and maybe try sticking with it for more than one episode.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I thought Big Blue Plate was in the Abbott dining room?

Speaking of which, where is our BigBluePlate?

It was sent to the country to run free, along with Tucker's Coral.

• LOL 6
12 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

With poor little Humphrey and whatever the name of Delia's dog?

No, along with Zapato I & II, they're in the lounge at the Retired Animal Talent Home, bitching about losing their SAG cards.

• LOL 7

Regarding not liking Theo, for me it's his appearance that's a turnoff and I wonder if the writers want him to look oily on purpose.  I could like him a lot better if he got a haircut and wore suits that fit properly.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Today it's not the pack leader of my herd of UOs--he's always there for my distaste for Sharon Newman. It's one of the older UO pups that I don't hear much from--I'd nearly forgotten him, the little scamp. I can't stand, and never could, Heather Tom. In any role. I'm more or less alone in my fondness for Amelia H, so I always consider her Victoria.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Today it's not the pack leader of my herd of UOs--he's always there for my distaste for Sharon Newman. It's one of the older UO pups that I don't hear much from--I'd nearly forgotten him, the little scamp. I can't stand, and never could, Heather Tom. In any role. I'm more or less alone in my fondness for Amelia H, so I always consider her Victoria.

Can I sit here with you? I feel exactly the same way.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Always! You don't need to ask!

We'll sit out in the sun [sunny in TO today] and watch the UOs frisking around in the front yard.

Wow! I always thought Tom was universally adored, so I kept my mouth shut.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Always! You don't need to ask!

We'll sit out in the sun [sunny in TO today] and watch the UOs frisking around in the front yard.

Wow! I always thought Tom was universally adored, so I kept my mouth shut.

Not by me, I never thought she had the rich girl vibe that AH has.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, pearlite said:

1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

We might need a bigger table.  Heather Tom, for me, is the Soupy Sales of soap actors.  I know I'm supposed to find her entertaining, I'm supposed to find her really good, but all the while I'm watching, I keep hearing the Looney Tunes theme playing in the background.

That's all, folks!  Really, that's all.

To add to the UO pile - Scott Reeves isn't even talented enough to be a speed bump.  He must have been the original inspiration for ButtBiscuit Prime.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, pearlite said:

I can't stand, and never could, Heather Tom.In any role.

You're not alone.  I couldn't stand her kissing that damn bottle of perfume and it became the trademark.  She doesn't strike me as a sexy, perfumed type.  Too smug and domineering.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I'm not a fan, either, of Heather Tom as Victoria.  It's funny that @boes would post the Loony Tunes music!  When I see Heather Tom, I think of Daffy Duck!

That goes for her brother, too, who played Billy for a time.  Don't like him, either, although I don't think of Daffy when I see him.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
Just now, lovemesomejoolery said:

I'm not a fan, either, of Heather Tom as Victoria.  It's funny that @boes would post the Loony Tunes music!  When I see Heather Tom, I think of Daffy Duck!

That goes for her brother, too, who played Billy for a time.  Don't like him, either, although I don't think of Daffy when I see him.

No, he's more of a Tweety.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, boes said:

We might need a bigger table.  Heather Tom, for me, is the Soupy Sales of soap actors.  I know I'm supposed to find her entertaining, I'm supposed to find her really good, but all the while I'm watching, I keep hearing the Looney Tunes theme playing in the background.

That's all, folks!  Really, that's all.

To add to the UO pile - Scott Reeves isn't even talented enough to be a speed bump.  He must have been the original inspiration for ButtBiscuit Prime.

It's getting to be a crowded picnic table here. I hope somebody makes a good potato salad!

Scott Reeves--mostly I can repress him, but seeing him on the other day's "classic" ep, I remembered how much I loathe his beady-eyed, non-reactive little self.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Not really a true UO but I have a lot of trouble with the nicknames and have no idea who is who when they are used.

I feel the same way.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm sorry, you guys. I'll try to put their real names in parentheses.

Or just have a thread entitled "Who are these Idiots?" with the nicknames and real names, so we can just look them up when we forget.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Buttbiscuit, Nostrils: Billy

Banana Breath/Boy: Nick

Olive Oyl, Mop: Victoria

Drinki: Nikki

Grampire, Prick, TGVN, The Mustache: Victor

Tight Pockets: Paul

Bug: Christine

Grifty/Gaspy: Chelsea

Chipmunk: Kevin