Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

I'm a sucker for romance.

I am too but those days seem to be long gone.. there is no romance..

another UO I despise Shick so much.. the thought of them together makes me fucking disgusted LOL

so they're now giving the established viewers what they want.

They are? I have been watching since 1977 and I am so frustrated with this shit show. Sally sucks and I think it bothers me more because she does  know the history of the show and how Bill Bell wrote.. she is the most boring of all.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, crosby777 said:

I have been watching since 1977 and I am so frustrated with this shit show.

By "what they want" I meant as in Sally re-establishing the show.  I totally understand the frustration, but for now I'll bear with the slower pacing because I was getting really sick of the former regimes dismissing the past as if it never happened, making the characters behave ridiculously out of character, etc.  I don't, however, think there's any doubt that this show (well any soap) will never be the same again.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 9

I like the expanded sets, and the improvement in quality overall. But when my recaps include Nick gets pelted with baby food. Faith plays chess, there's something wrong.

I've watched Y&R on and off all my life. There were years when I never bothered keeping up. I started watching again when Patty showed up to town and Colleen was killed and have been watching since. But, if things don't start getting interesting (and I'm not talking about Dylan playing Miami Vice, I might just stop watching again.

• Love 13
On 1/15/2017 at 0:27 AM, jewel21 said:

I like the expanded sets, and the improvement in quality overall. But when my recaps include Nick gets pelted with baby food. Faith plays chess, there's something wrong.

Which I think is the dividing line between Mal (aka Stephanie Forrester) and Sal (aka Whilemina Bell 2.0 Dear God in Heaven, what this show needs is more Cricket)

• Love 3

UO I am so not a fan of Mariah.. Cannot stand her.. she was great when she first came to town.. she had some substance.. now she is just sitting around kissing Sharon ass and it does not interest me.. CG was one of my fave kid actors but I am not feeling it for her acting anymore.

14 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

UO: Yes, he's wooden and hardly the best actor on the show, but Josh Morrow is a very hot man who has aged into his features. He is hotter at 40 than he was at 20.

I guess, but his character's actions make him very unattractive to me.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, JasonCC said:

UO: Yes, he's wooden and hardly the best actor on the show, but Josh Morrow is a very hot man who has aged into his features. He is hotter at 40 than he was at 20.

2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I guess, but his character's actions make him very unattractive to me.

Nick's past practice colors my opinion of him, too.

• Love 5
On 2017-03-08 at 7:05 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

Nick's past practice colors my opinion of him, too.

For me, with men, stupidity is the biggest anti-erotic force there is. And with JM and Nick, there seems to be lots to go around.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Lithogirl said:

I've never understood all the love Noah and Mariah get. I find both characters- and the actors who play them- beyond dull. 

I agree with you about Noah, he's basically a pretty cipher TIIC can hang any characteristics on that suits the s/l. CG on the other hand is a decent actor and could have a lot of potential if they ever gave her anything to do besides propping her ridiculous mother and play big sister to all the Newman brats.

• Love 9

So I don't know if this is true as ff'd through a bunch and just deleted a bunch of stuff from being away - show's that good - but somebody said there was an imposter Kay in scenes showing her - from behind I assume - writing the letter that Jill got.  And they pointed out (another board) the delightful continuity Grand Canyon in the fact that imposter claws was writing a letter in a living and on a set that Kay/Cooper never set foot on.  It's the new and improved and somewhat restored Chancellor set.  LOL.

Zombieturtle, re Philly... even as a UO:  RUN FOR YOUR #@$%in' LIFE!!!!!  

• Love 2
On 3/8/2017 at 4:11 PM, JasonCC said:

He always looked like a caveman who would drag a woman by her hair to a cave. I also like the monkey comparison on here. Maybe my dislike for the Newmans influences this. 

• Love 9

This show is so boring I could use it in place of my sleep aid. I not care that people have lengthy conversations about shit that happened in the way back, or that vintage flashbacks happen regularly, or that people are in different sets. It's all a big nostalgic nothingburger. As a longtime viewer, this ain't cutting it for me. I guess I'm just not the sentimental type.

• Love 1

It feels like the Gloria show again... and that's not good.  It could be good, if someone would tell Judy to dial it down a notch or ten, but  nobody will and she's category five in every scene.  Bores me.  When is renewal?  I bet this show isn't.  The ratings I read are tanking. 

• Love 1

Pamela Long, who gave Guiding Light some of its best years (creating Reva and Alexandra among them) wrote the Dolly Parton movie Coat of Many Colours, starring junior Gloria Faith, which is just saying... she's still writing... she used to write really good stuff.  This is a pointless observation.

• Love 2

My new UO...I would have sex with Billy every day & twice on Sunday before I would get within smell-range of Scott.  Blech, he looks filthier than Thorsten Kaye's Ridge Forrester!

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

My new UO...I would have sex with Billy every day & twice on Sunday before I would get within smell-range of Scott.  Blech, he looks filthier than Thorsten Kaye's Ridge Forrester!

Thorsten Kaye was just as bad when he was on AMC.  He looked like an oil spill come to life.

He cleaned up much better long ago on OLTL.

• Love 4

So in the motherlode of UOs I have no problem with Phyllis and Billy.

There.  I said it.  I don't particularly care for them together, either, but I have to ask:  why is the hatred so visceral for them?  Is the characters?  Is it the actors?  Is it poor old Jack?  I don't ask to argue but I'd love to understand.  I'm not even sure Yvonne Zuma got it as bad as these two.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Big Blue Plate said:

There.  I said it.  I don't particularly care for them together, either, but I have to ask:  why is the hatred so visceral for them?  Is the characters?  Is it the actors?  Is it poor old Jack?  I don't ask to argue but I'd love to understand.  I'm not even sure Yvonne Zuma got it as bad as these two.

For me, the pairing doesn't work because the characters' histories say it shouldn't work.  Billy and Phyllis never had any use for each other and barely tolerated each other at the best of times.  Phyllis did nothing to endear herself to Billy while she was taking Lucy away from him and Victoria.  The whole affair seemed like a cheap, inorganic way to re-create the John/Jack betrayal with Jack/Billy.  But above all, for me, it is JT.  I just can't stand him one thing about him, and that started the day he woke up from his first coma.  I can't explain why, though...he just annoys the crap out of me and I admit my hatred of him may be irrational!  I actually like GT and wish they could find something else to do with her.    

• Love 13

Thorsten Kaye was just as bad when he was on AMC.  He looked like an oil spill come to life.

No he didn't! How dare you! You take that back! ?

Heh, I loved TK back then and don't recall ever having any "issues" with his perceived personal hygiene. This oil spill thing seems, IMO, to be related to his taking the role at B&B. It's been my theory that he's had an issue playing a male fashion designer and has been doing everything he can to be as unlike Ronn Moss' sorta fey (again, IMO) version of Ridge as possible.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

No he didn't! How dare you! You take that back!

Heh, I loved TK back then and don't recall ever having any "issues" with his perceived personal hygiene. This oil spill thing seems, IMO, to be related to his taking the role at B&B. It's been my theory that he's had an issue playing a male fashion designer and has been doing everything he can to be as unlike Ronn Moss' sorta fey (again, IMO) version of Ridge as possible.

Me respect your feeling.  But I always thought Zach Grayson had a certain ..... let me call it 'sheen' to his appearance that made me think malaria had come to Pine Valley.   But Myrtle loved him and that tempered things for me a bit.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

No. There is no sheen on Zach Slater:

9H4e3Ky.jpg

Now Billy Abbott OTOH makes the Exxon Valdez disaster look like someone just got a little too generous with the WD-40.

Oh, he does look good there!   Miles and miles better than the ButtBiscuit, always.

Edited by boes
12 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

For me, the pairing doesn't work because the characters' histories say it shouldn't work.  Billy and Phyllis never had any use for each other and barely tolerated each other at the best of times.  Phyllis did nothing to endear herself to Billy while she was taking Lucy away from him and Victoria.  The whole affair seemed like a cheap, inorganic way to re-create the John/Jack betrayal with Jack/Billy.  But above all, for me, it is JT.  I just can't stand him one thing about him, and that started the day he woke up from his first coma.  I can't explain why, though...he just annoys the crap out of me and I admit my hatred of him may be irrational!  I actually like GT and wish they could find something else to do with her.    

This is pretty much my view here, snap.

So I'll just go immediately for my irrational response to JT. Can't stand him, never could, on the few occasions when I ventured into Port Charles. At best wooden, with an acting-school portrayal of something like sincerity. And since I'm a bugger about syntax and speech, the actor's goofs occasionally make JM sound like a Rhodes Scholar. And that's scraping the finish off the bottom of the barrel.

As I've said elsewhere, I'm fairly fond of GT, and I didn't expect to like her. At first, when she was in viper-mode, I wasn't too taken by her--just figured anything was better than Operating Thetan Stafford. But I enjoy her now. What I don't find is any sense of HAWT in her scenes with JT. Dead-bust to me.

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, pearlite said:

As I've said elsewhere, I'm fairly fond of GT, and I didn't expect to like her. At first, when she was in viper-mode, I wasn't too taken by her--just figured anything was better than Operating Thetan Stafford. But I enjoy her now. What I don't find is any sense of HAWT in her scenes with JT. Dead-bust to me.

This has killed me.

Yes, I really like GT. She seems like she cares and actually thinks about what she is doing. She's not constantly acting like she's trying to provide material for a showreel that can get her booked onto a pilot for a prime time slapstick sitcom.

I find the Scientology stuff really interesting. I like Sharon and SC, but I'm saddened to hear that she's a Scientologist. I've checked the courses that she's done online, and it appears she has taken as many as MS and for around about the same length of time. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

For me it's a combination of the characters, the disastrous recasting of Billy in the form of the odious JT and the complete denial of the characters history. Jack doesn't enter into it for me. JMO.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

why is the hatred so visceral for them?

For me it is a number of things:

• the writers of this relationship did not pay any attention to history.  Phyliss took Lucy away from Billy/Victoria and that caused a lot of bad feeling [hatred].  No way are they going to find true love with each other.
  • the age difference.  it's as if the writers can't count.  Billy is closer to Phyliss' son Daniel in age.  Squicky.
  • the actor playing Billy.  He doesn't bring enough any charm to the character-which the character must have to survive.  It's the only way he can get his family/wife to clean up his messes.  (Billy Miller set the bar.)
  • the actress playing Phyliss.  She doesn't look/act dumb or needy enough to fall for a whiner like NotBilly.
  • the writers totally ignoring the story of Jack and Phyliss and their recovery from a harrowing experience.  That would have been a story!  And Philly could have evolved out of that, if putting them together was really needed.  Phyllis not wanting to be with Jack because it reminded her of Marco would have been a plausible (psychological) reason to start up with Billy if he was trying to be a good BIL, comfort her, one thing let to another.  Instead, their relationship is about mutual hate of Victurd for a business deal!
  • Letting NoteverBilly get away with being  whiny, pushy, stupid with money but demanding Jack give it to him anyway, drunk manchild who I guess we, the viewers, are supposed to root for.  That's a negatory for me:  don't watch/don't root.

That's all I can think of now-when they change the Philly story and bring back Billy Miller, I might tune in.

• Love 16

Amid all the breathless speculation about the reincarnation of Adam, I'm here in the UO folder as a skunk in the rose garden. Feel free to read no further.

I could effing care less if Adam is reborn, recast, retreaded, reaffirmed, reiterated, whatever, as played by anyone you can think of. I only found the character marginally diverting and an understandable fit in the canvas when he was played by Chris Engen. He was dark, miserable, and had a whole box of axes to grind; he was Hope's genetics gone wrong, or Charles Boyer in Gaslight in convenient single-serving size.

To me, the character is not a key element in the show; he's one tone in the Newman spectrum, and that's all. And no one's done that particular shade of grey particularly well.

Some of you may remember my extreme distaste for Mr Show himself, MM, so I won't go into detail. His portrayal owed everything to Roger Howarth's, MEK's, and perhaps Terry Lester's work, only blown out to an ill-judged extreme. You, sir, were not James Franco either.

OtherAdam I found bland and just another Ken-doll off the soap assembly line. I don't care if he's a big hit now, this is my time to bitch.

Aaaaand, yes, I do feel just a tad better for that rant, now that you mention it.

• Love 10

His portrayal owed everything to Roger Howarth's, MEK's, and perhaps Terry Lester's work, only blown out to an ill-judged extreme.

And Jon Hamm and Bryan Cranston's work given that near the end he was trying to compare Adam to Don Draper and Walter White. RME.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, pearlite said:

Amid all the breathless speculation about the reincarnation of Adam, I'm here in the UO folder as a skunk in the rose garden. Feel free to read no further.

I could effing care less if Adam is reborn, recast, retreaded, reaffirmed, reiterated, whatever, as played by anyone you can think of. I only found the character marginally diverting and an understandable fit in the canvas when he was played by Chris Engen. He was dark, miserable, and had a whole box of axes to grind; he was Hope's genetics gone wrong, or Charles Boyer in Gaslight in convenient single-serving size.

To me, the character is not a key element in the show; he's one tone in the Newman spectrum, and that's all. And no one's done that particular shade of grey particularly well.

Some of you may remember my extreme distaste for Mr Show himself, MM, so I won't go into detail. His portrayal owed everything to Roger Howarth's, MEK's, and perhaps Terry Lester's work, only blown out to an ill-judged extreme. You, sir, were not James Franco either.

OtherAdam I found bland and just another Ken-doll off the soap assembly line. I don't care if he's a big hit now, this is my time to bitch.

Aaaaand, yes, I do feel just a tad better for that rant, now that you mention it.

I get it.  I'm not a fan of the character, and after the "steal Sharon's baby, burn fetus in fireplace" the character should have been done.  Coming back from that?  No, not for me.  That went beyond cartoon villainry with no return ticket.  

So if he must return, let him be that Senor Wences head in a box puppet.

• Love 8

Thanks for the Senor Wences reference, Boes,  it always tickles me!  Sawright, sawright..  I think the box's name was Johnny, because everytime I hear the name Johnny, I always say it the way Wences used to.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, boes said:

I get it.  I'm not a fan of the character, and after the "steal Sharon's baby, burn fetus in fireplace" the character should have been done.  Coming back from that?  No, not for me.  That went beyond cartoon villainry with no return ticket.  

So if he must return, let him be that Senor Wences head in a box puppet.

And, despite mass-preference to the contrary, I'm just not sure I'd launch into a white-hot affair with someone who absconded with my baby. Naw, just don't think so.

• Love 7