Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Fashionably Fired Up

• Start Topic

(edited)

The cupcake decorating was mesmerizing!  I was enthralled watching the women plop icing onto ready-made cupcakes.  The bedazzling with jelly beans fascinated me, no end.

Imagine my delight when Ramoaner offered to donate her cupcakes to her doorman!  That poor doorman's family must have jumped for joy when they received that gift (along with the spit, hair and makeup that she deposited on the cupcakes).  Of course, it's not like they could catch anything, after all, it was not  like she rubbed the cupcakes in a mohair dress!

And those drinking glasses, where does one buy those glasses? The ones with the skinny lady in red stamped on them.

Applause, Bravo.

Edited by Crikey
  • Love 15

I thought one of the most amusing things about this episode is how they were sitting at Parkside and saying that John would fit right in. I guess that means he is a regular guy who eats real food and has a drink. And likes women and is not a rent boy or a poseur. The girls were acting as though they were in Safari Land and they couldn't roll down the windows because they might be eaten alive. I wonder if it was a bummer that they could only muster a bare flicker of interest when they walked past the bar. Must of been a little deflating doncha think?

Even funnier is that Dorito couldn't spit out the fact that John was Armenian and where that country is located and it's history. Every Armenian that I have ever met has been extremely proud of their ethnicity and will share about his heritage. Even over share until you are sick of it. Especially about the Armenian holocaust that even the bubble-headed Kardashians can talk about intelligently. This just indicates that Dorita and John is a contrived relationship and not the real thing. It doesn't smell right. 

• Love 7

I don't know, he just appears anti-intellectual,immature,and "low brow".

I agree.  My husband also agrees. Only Andy isn't the only one he's applying those adjectives to.  I can tell by the side eye I get whenever he catches me watching or participating here. LOL.

• Love 7

This unseen footage that is on the Bravo site is a perfect example of why no one can say that there is not much more interesting shit that they could be showing us. Lots of folks say that if Kristen or Heather want more camera time, they should film something more interesting.  Interesting to who?

This is from the latest episode and for the first time we really see Ramona talk about her marriage (and selling the properties) with the larger group.  It is a great conversation with interesting dynamics between Lu and Ramona, even to the point where Ramona almost "goes there" with Lu when talking about how hard it all is. Lu says she understands and Ramona says "no you don't", and you can see the words forming in her head that Lu's marriage was nothing like hers but she stops herself. Whenever I see footage like this I just scratch my head because why would they not leave this in?

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-711/videos?clip=2874158

Oh man that clip was a lot of fun. There WAS drama, but it was of the controlled, "I could understand WTF was going on" variety. Between that and Ramona ambushing her at the dinner with John, Lu actually comes across as the logical one in the argument. I didn't think she was being bitchy or getting in her usual digs, I think she was just pointing out the obvious next step to Ramona, who wanted to wallow and reinvent the state of her marriage. I've always thought it funny that Ramona liked to needle Luann on her marriage as being "for show," (which I'm sure it was to an extent) when it seems obvious Ramona's not above painting an inaccurate portrait about her own family.

As for Bethenny. I don't think the show would be better (or more popular) without her return. I just think Andy severely miscalculated the context in which we'd find her interesting. Sob stories don't really make her seem sympathetic. It's just tiresome. Her edit would have been more interesting with the business meetings and the Greek chorus commentary on drunken antics, less of the therapy sessions and reunions with abusive parents.

• Love 4

The cupcake decorating was mesmerizing! I was enthralled watching the women plop icing onto ready-made cupcakes. The bedazzling with jelly beans fascinated me, no end.

Imagine my delight when Ramoaner offered to donate her cupcakes to her doorman! That poor doorman's family must have jumped for joy when they received that gift (along with the spit, hair and makeup that she deposited on the cupcakes). Of course, it's not like they could catch anything, after all, it was not like she rubbed the cupcakes in a mohair dress!

And those drinking glasses, where does one buy those glasses? The ones with the skinny lady in red stamped on them.

Applause, Bravo.

Too funny!

• Love 2

They bitch about Bethenny all the time! This episode we got Kristen bitching to LuAnn about Bethenny. They were bitching about her to Dorinda at LuAnn's event. Heather us bitching about her in her TH. Seriously, Elsa called. Let it goooooooo!

There is no way that Heather bitches about Beth more than Beth bitches about Heather. Any time Heather's name is brought up, Beth has something negative to say about it. I thought that the way that Heather handled the thing with Beth having to leave T&C early was nice. She basically said that she was sorry she could only stay for 3 days, but that they would make sure she had a great time and send  her home with a raging headache. Not overly "in her business" or clingy at all, but Beth had something bitchy to say about it in her TH. Something about how Heather was calling attention to her situation by merely speaking these words. She runs out of a room hysterically crying, but anyone who says anything afterwards is all up in her business. Notice at the Italian restaurant at dinner Beth did it again? Beth is basically telling Ramona that she is enabling Sonja a little bit. Ramona agrees and said that Heather had given her a booklet about Al Anon. Beth's comment: "why am I not surprised". Here she is talking about Sonja and how she needs help, but has to trash talk Heather for trying to offer a solution. Beth talks about Heather at least as much as Heather talks about her. 

• Love 22

There is no way that Heather bitches about Beth more than Beth bitches about Heather. Any time Heather's name is brought up, Beth has something negative to say about it. I thought that the way that Heather handled the thing with Beth having to leave T&C early was nice. She basically said that she was sorry she could only stay for 3 days, but that they would make sure she had a great time and send  her home with a raging headache. Not overly "in her business" or clingy at all, but Beth had something bitchy to say about it in her TH. Something about how Heather was calling attention to her situation by merely speaking these words. She runs out of a room hysterically crying, but anyone who says anything afterwards is all up in her business. Notice at the Italian restaurant at dinner Beth did it again? Beth is basically telling Ramona that she is enabling Sonja a little bit. Ramona agrees and said that Heather had given her a booklet about Al Anon. Beth's comment: "why am I not surprised". Here she is talking about Sonja and how she needs help, but has to trash talk Heather for trying to offer a solution. Beth talks about Heather at least as much as Heather talks about her. 

The B  in The BisBack doesn't stand for Balance, yanno.  ;)  lol

• Love 9

Maybe, although Bethenny talking about Heather is way more entertaining to me than Heather mommy talking Bethenny. Cattle prod up my ass is right. It's certainly more entertaining, in my view, than Kristen's whiny voice.

• Love 3

Right. I mentioned it not too long after the show aired last night, and it still makes me roll my eyes. I mean, Bethenny was literally telling Ramona what she felt was going on in her friendship with Sonja and being quite adamant about it. However, the moment (the moment!) Bethenny heard that Heather had shared an opinion about Ramona's enabling of Sonja, Bethenny went for the snide comment.

• Love 19

Ramona saying she'll give the cupcake to her doorman and how they said John would fit in at Parkside is a manifestation of how these women think of the working class. 

After playing with food, they want someone to foist it on so Ramona dismissively coins her doorman and the others nod their consent. They wouldn't eat those cupcakes, the doorman however is welcome to it.

• Love 11
(edited)

Not an exciting episode, and all I'm left with is my continuing strong dislike, cause I don't wanna say hate, of Ramona.

After that last scene with Ramona attacking Kristen, I guess I'm too sensitive or whatever, but I swear for the life of me, I just cannot fathom how anyone can ever be friends with Ramona. I just don't see any redeeming qualities, ever. I go back and forth "loving" and "not loving" :) various housewives every season of every RH franchise I watch, but with her, it's just total dislike every season. And I'm not a fan of Kristen's, but I really thought that attack was totally uncalled for. I wish whenever one of these women was on WWHL, someone would call in and ask how anyone can be friends with Ramona for real, because I seriously don't get it. And I also love how far up Bethenny's ass she is this season because they're "going through the same thing". I'm curious to see how long that lasts.

I still flashback whenever she's rude like that, to an episode many seasons ago when she was interviewing a young woman for a position at her company, and then proceeded to tell her what bad skin she had and how she needed to do such and such to correct it. If I recall she also insulted her clothing. I still remember the look on that poor girl's face.

Bethenny's crying at the drop of a hat is too much. Heather can be annoying but I do see her point of you don't know how to handle/deal with someone like that. Walking on eggshells.

Someone upthread mentioned about the Skinnygirl cookies being on sale at Marshall's - never tried those, but that Skinnygirl Lime & Salt popcorn is the one of the most godawful food items I've purchased. And that's saying a lot. It smells like Fruit Loops when it's popping, then when you eat it, it has the most disgusting artificial lime taste. Ugh. And I returned the rest to the store. Yes I did. Cause some of us aren't worth millions of dollars and "homeless"! I live on a budget so $4 for a box of popcorn I was going to throw in the trash wasn't happening.

Lastly as much as I like Luann, a minor thing that always bugs - her son's name is "Noel"....I've never heard that name pronounced the way she says it for a guy's name. I've always heard it pronounced like "knoll", not like "Noelle" which is a girl's name.

Yes, this is the minor crap I fixate on when not too much happens in an episode.

Edited by parrotlover
  • Love 10
(edited)

Yep. She shops where she wants to shop and wears her hair like she wants to wear it. Every woman should feel free enough, and be comfortable with themselves enough to do the same thing.

I do.

Why do women have to dress a certain way after a certain age? I'll be 50 in a few weeks and I wear whatever the hell I want to wear. My outfit today was a pair of jeans and a Kid Rock concert t-shirt. Who cares?

We should be able to dress how we want to dress at any age.

I'm not going to run out and buy a bunch of pantsuits because I'm 50. Women like Carole should be applauded for doing what they want, in my opinion.

I have to stop reading the NY thread. The age shaming gets to me.

ITA with this in theory; however, Carole hasn't put into practice this totally confident spirit you're talking about. She had the chance to own it and was all, "ME? Quelle horreur!" when Lu said, "That's Sonja young." If she owned it the way she owned being a shitstirrer, it's harder to say anything about it, like what happened with B.

I loved Ramona's hair and glowing skin post-workout. 

Dorinda, living up to her reputation, just gets it: "I was like that for awhile: 'I'm fine. [fuck you].' You can be defensive when you're hurting."

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 4

Eh, Kelly was condescending, illogical and air-kissy. I don't think Bethenny disliking her was just because Kelly was "young" and "pretty," and there's plenty of other reasons to see why they didn't mesh, so it seems reductive to just say Bethenny was jealous/threatened by another hot young thing.

And Bethenny was right about one thing: She DIDN'T like Kelly, and she never tried to hide that fact. Whereas Jill totally gaslit her about the state of their friendship, so I don't think they're really comparable.

• Love 10

I agree motorcitymom65. It is fascinating and baffling when it comes to perception. For instance, I don't understand why it would NOT be interesting to take peeks at/into Heather's job and volunteer activities. She is not just a spokesperson but actively deals and delves into her "works". And please, this is not an indictment against BETHenny. I just find Heather a bit more emotionally balanced and interesting.

• Love 11

It's a big deal because they have schedules too, and children who need child care for trips, and because they all worked to get this trip scheduled so it would be convenient for Beth.  Now, Ramona is telling them Beth has a problem with those dates and they should change them.  Yeah, I'd be pissed.  And then Beth says no, no, you don't have to change the dates, I'll just leave early.

Kristin, I think, even said at first, oh well, guess we can go without her and it will just be the seven of us.  She seemed fine, until Ramona stirred up trouble about changing the dates for Beth.

When did B suggest that the dates be changed? I didn't catch that. What I heard was that she said she didn't want to be gone that long because if some recital and visitation, so she said she would just go for a few days instead. But of course that won't be good enough for Heather or Kristen. Is anyone forcing them to go for the entire trip? I doubt it. As I said, on most trips some join up late and others leave early. I don't understand the big deal. If Heather or Kristen had conflicts, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem leaving early. 

• Love 7

When did B suggest that the dates be changed? I didn't catch that. What I heard was that she said she didn't want to be gone that long because if some recital and visitation, so she said she would just go for a few days instead. But of course that won't be good enough for Heather or Kristen. Is anyone forcing them to go for the entire trip? I doubt it. As I said, on most trips some join up late and others leave early. I don't understand the big deal. If Heather or Kristen had conflicts, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem leaving early. 

They were kind of speaking in code, but I think the implication was that everyone had rearranged the pre-set-upon production dates for the trip, in an effort to accommodate Bethenny's schedule with Brynn. And then once everyone had agreed upon the new dates, it turns out Bethenny is going to bail early because of another event involving Brynn. 

I can see how the other women would be annoyed at constantly having to shuffle their schedules for B, only to have her back out at the last minute. Although I wonder if by season's end they finally figured out that RHONY is not a democracy, and Bethenny will always be at the top of the totem pole (for better or worse), so getting resentful about it is futile.

• Love 8
(edited)

Those cupcakes looked good until they started "decorating" them. Globs of jelly beans and candy -- ugh. Reminds me of the one "messy cookie" we were allowed to make when we were kids decorating cut-out cookies for Christmas. And we were kids.

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 4

[Heather] basically said that she was sorry she could only stay for 3 days, but that they would make sure she had a great time and send  her home with a raging headache. Not overly "in her business" or clingy at all, but Beth had something bitchy to say about it in her TH. Something about how Heather was calling attention to her situation by merely speaking these words. She runs out of a room hysterically crying, but anyone who says anything afterwards is all up in her business.

I laughed way too hard when Bethenny said this. She ran away crying at Luann's photoshoot, but no, that didn't attraction attention in her mind. It's Heather mentioning the trip in a positive way that calls attention to her. Bethenny is a nut and I don't feel bad for saying that. I am convinced that Bethenny made up her mind before filming that she was not going to like Heather and Kristen and as such, no matter what they do, no matter what they say, she was going to react negatively. I don't like Heather's insistence on 'fixing' things, but I also think she's in a no-win situation, Kristen as well.

When Bethenny cried and said 'I promised I'd never miss anything', re: Brynn's recitals, I just had to roll my eyes. This is life, Bethenny. Oddly enough, you are in an amazing position where you don't have to work and can afford to miss a day at the office to sit front row at your daughter's recital The average parent cannot do that. Bethenny has no idea how blessed she is.

They were kind of speaking in code, but I think the implication was that everyone had rearranged the pre-set-upon production dates for the trip, in an effort to accommodate Bethenny's schedule with Brynn. And then once everyone had agreed upon the new dates, it turns out Bethenny is going to bail early because of another event involving Brynn. 

That's how I understood it. I think this just all speaks to a bigger issue that the other ladies can't say out loud - Bethenny can do what she wants and when someone says anything about it (even nicely!), she melts down and then they look like assholes. 

• Love 17
I laughed way too hard when Bethenny said this. She ran away crying at Luann's photoshoot, but no, that didn't attraction attention in her mind. It's Heather mentioning the trip in a positive way that calls attention to her.

Beth is reminding me of Kim Richards with this bullshit.  Kim gets high, is obviously out of her fucking mind on camera, and blames the other Ho's for talking about her being out of her fucking mind on camera.  As though we wouldn't have had any idea she was out of her fucking mind unless the other women hadn't said something.

We see Beth having a meltdown, but she goes out of her mind when someone says a word to her about it while she is still wiping away her tears, as though we wouldn't notice the meltdown if the others didn't mention it.

• Love 14
(edited)

First, it was Ramona, not Heather/Kristen, that suggested a change in their travel plans to once again accomadate Bethenny, even though ALL of the other HW's scheduled this for Bethenny to attend from the get go. They are not at fault, Ramona is and Bethenny is for not bringing up Bryn's recital in the first place when plans/dates were being set. All Kristen did was ask Bethenny about what Ramona told them so they could all be on the same page. Heather only said that she could not reschedule so if the date was changed, she could not/would not go. Heather also said, after Bethenny did her mandatory boo hoo'ing, that they would make sure Bethenny had fun before she left. The only ones that made a big deal about this were Ramona and Bethenny, not Kristen or Heather.

I have to wonder if the 9 day trip was 1 of the many trips she took with her then live-in BF!

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 23

This unseen footage that is on the Bravo site is a perfect example of why no one can say that there is not much more interesting shit that they could be showing us. Lots of folks say that if Kristen or Heather want more camera time, they should film something more interesting.  Interesting to who?

This is from the latest episode and for the first time we really see Ramona talk about her marriage (and selling the properties) with the larger group.  It is a great conversation with interesting dynamics between Lu and Ramona, even to the point where Ramona almost "goes there" with Lu when talking about how hard it all is. Lu says she understands and Ramona says "no you don't", and you can see the words forming in her head that Lu's marriage was nothing like hers but she stops herself. Whenever I see footage like this I just scratch my head because why would they not leave this in?

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-711/videos?clip=2874158

How do you expect Bravo to show interesting things when Beth has Skinny Girl shit to sell!  Duh. ;)

• Love 17
(edited)

It is if they have to rework their schedule to accommodate her's only to find out she is not going to fulfill her end of the deal. Not that they are making a big deal of it. They are trying to discuss it, the reaction to this discussion is the big deal. Ramona's flipping out on Kristen, Bethenny's breakdowns. Those are what I find puzzling but whatever. 

I don't get this. When did they bitch about her highness? Questioning something and bitching are not the same thing.

Bethenny and her fans are determine to victimize her despite reality. 

What was lost on me was last year Kristen went way overboard demanding Aviva go on a trip in spite of a doctor's letter.   This year as soon as she hears Bethenny has a conflict she was thrilled at the idea that there would be only seven.  Kristen has been pretty vocal about eight being too many, well last year there were seven and she lost her opportunity to make an impression.  Kristen's other fatal error is when she was with Ramona last season and Ramona gave her flowers and apologized she then got mad because Ramona did not want to sit around and listen to her insults of getting go to the "why" Ramona threw the glass.  Simple you silly bitch Kristen - you kept splashing her to get a reaction (Kristen's words not mine).  Now Kristen decides it is of the utmost importance she be involved in the trip planning  - - - why?  Does she really think production would rearrange the schedule if it didn't suit her.  Kristen has 24/5 nannies, parents who live close and a husband.  Her rearranging schedules is of little importance.  If they had to find a date that accommodated all the women and their husbands and children's social schedule the plane would never get off the ground.

Bethenny acted once again like a lunatic.  Kristen inability to figure out if Page 6 is running stories about your castmates' marriage, divorce, custody issues and bankruptcy it is a safe bet the person whose marriage, divorce, custody issues or bankruptcy is fodder for the tabloids is under some pressure.  The fact they haven't confided in you has more to so with either don't know her (Bethenny) or you and your idiot husband have belittled them (Sonja and Ramona).  You can't waltz into the Reunion full of confidence and be part of the take down party then wonder why these women won't film with you.  Kristen wanted the world to think she was pretty and dumb.  After seeing her last night on WWHL she is no longer all that pretty but she is keeping the dumb crown.  I don't know why Kristen though it a good look for summer was a long sleeve satin yucky green jacket with a see through net skirt that showed off her underpants.  She looked like something that had crawled out of the swamp complete with shiny scales.  The pretty is fading she is just another tall woman with prominent features who can't decide who her peers are or what makes her look good..   Enough with the daily blog chronicle what you are wearing.  I could not believe she asked the shoe sales person photograph her size 14 feet in those marginal shoes.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6
(edited)

I thought Carole's 'Trouble' shirt was cute.

A matching shirt for her boyfriend! ;-)

475393deafdeb3fae2cd752062d252a1.jpg

Sob stories don't really make her seem sympathetic. It's just tiresome. Her edit would have been more interesting with the business meetings and the Greek chorus commentary on drunken antics, less of the therapy sessions and reunions with abusive parents.

Absolutely.  Her sob story this season is turning off the fans she had left.  I don't think she's getting a good edit at all.  She's getting loads more screen time but I think it's hurting her.  Some were speculating that when Andy was reshooting recently, it was to cast Beth in a more sympathetic light and that these crying scenes are what were re-shot.  But maybe the new scenes have LESS Bethenny in them because he sees, now, that all this sobbing isn't doing her any favors.  Works for me. 

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 18

I laughed way too hard when Bethenny said this. She ran away crying at Luann's photoshoot, but no, that didn't attraction attention in her mind. It's Heather mentioning the trip in a positive way that calls attention to her.

Personally, if I'm ever in a situation where someone gets so upset that they break out in tears and run into another room, I am certainly not going to bring up the issue that upset them as soon as they composed themselves and came back in the room. Let. It. Go.

I like the way Carole handled the tears, she ended up getting Bethenny to laugh about something else.

• Love 8

I think the only thing that would make Beth happy is if Heather and Kristin never spoke to her at all.  If I were those two, that's what I'd be doing.  Not that Beth is ever happy with anything.

Personally, if I'm ever in a situation where someone gets so upset that they break out in tears and run into another room, I am certainly not going to bring up the issue that upset them as soon as they composed themselves and came back in the room. Let. It. Go.

I like the way Carole handled the tears, she ended up getting Bethenny to laugh about something else.

Then how are they to know about changes to scheduling their trip if they just drop the discussion because Beth melts down, which she does constantly?  Only Beth and those she chooses to confide in are relevant regarding schedules?  Why is Beth the one controlling everything including who is told about schedules?

• Love 16
(edited)

Then how are they to know about changes to scheduling their trip if they just drop the discussion because Beth melts down, which she does constantly? Only Beth and those she chooses to confide in are relevant regarding schedules? Why is Beth the one controlling everything including who is told about schedules?

But they established they weren't changing the dates. Ramona asked if they should, Bethenny said she didn't want/need them changed. Bethenny was never asking to have the schedule changed. It seems Heather realized this as the comment was about Bethenny leaving early, no date change. Edited by shoegal
  • Love 6

Perhaps some of these Rhs would find it more palatable to think of the scheduling changes and such as being done for Bryn, and not Bethenny.  Little girl just wants to spend time with her mom. I get that.  

But anyway, I have no problem making accommodations for friends who have to do something, anything, for their kids. Kids come first. Reality show or no.

• Love 9
It's a big deal because they have schedules too, and children who need child care for trips, and because they all worked to get this trip scheduled so it would be convenient for Beth.  Now, Ramona is telling them Beth has a problem with those dates and they should change them.  Yeah, I'd be pissed.  And then Beth says no, no, you don't have to change the dates, I'll just leave early.

I think the difference is, Bethenny is divorced (or getting one) while Kristen and Heather are married to the fathers of their children. So when they get back, they'll for sure 100% get to see their kids. But Bethenny has to split time with Jason, so taking the full trip might be a lot harder on her than others. Does that mean they should all rearrange their schedules? Absolutely not. And I don't think Bethenny wants/expects that (although Bravo might), but her worries about the situation explain why she keeps getting emotional. 

Personally, I think Ramona is more at fault. It seems like she is going OTT to try and accommodate Bethenny, when accommodations don't even need to be made. 

• Love 10

Luann was unnecessarily bitchy in that clip.  Plenty to snark on there.  But it doesn't take me much.

I don't think she was particularly bitchy.  Ramona asked for opinions and Luann gave hers.  It just wasn't what Ramoaner wanted to hear and thereby set her off on the entire history of the houses, her relationship with her daughter, and the ghosts of Christmas past.  Don't ask if you don't want to hear what people think.

I do think Ramon's attack on Kristen was producer-driven.  Kristen did nothing at all.  It was nonsense.

Hated the Trouble shirt.

RHNYC is a job.  If Bethanny wants to stay home with Brynn, quit.  Otherwise, do what you're supposed to do.  It's what the rest of the world has to do. 

• Love 15

Perhaps some of these Rhs would find it more palatable to think of the scheduling changes and such as being done for Bryn, and not Bethenny.  Little girl just wants to spend time with her mom. I get that.  

But anyway, I have no problem making accommodations for friends who have to do something, anything, for their kids. Kids come first. Reality show or no.

Idk... I get a strong suspicion that had it been Kristen or Heather who were asking for special accommodations for their kids, as opposed to Beth, WWIII would have broken out.  Both amongst the ladies and perhaps here on the PTV too!

Hey Bethenny - I see you.

Remember at the Season 3 reunion, when Bethenny called Jill out for the real crime:  she said Jill tried to recruit other Housewives not to film with Bethenny that season.  (We were all so young and innocent then.)  It was so scandalous, and Jill admitted it - and Ramona said that production intervened to make sure Ramona DID film with Bethenny.  Jill then said, well, I learned that trick from you, Bethenny, saying that at the start of Season 2 Bethenny had tried to recruit the cast not to film with Kelly.  Bethenny admitted that, flat out saying to Kelly, "So what? I didn't know you."  

This is what Bethenny does.  She ices people out when she doesn't like them.  She was threatened by Kelly - whether she admits it or not - because she didn't want another young, good looking woman on the show.  Now she comes back and who does she ice out?  The other successful business woman, and her sidekick.  

She's following the same playbook, but a little bit more sophisticated.  She hosts events - but doesn't invite them.  She doesn't attend their events - and she knows since she is the star and the storyline of the year, if Bethenny doesn't show up, Heather and Kristen won't get their stuff on camera.  She cuddles up to the old girls, and she throws a bone to Andy's BFF Carole, but she is making damn sure that Heather and Kristen are shoved aside.  She won't have anyone who could be competition to her on the show.

I see you, Bethenny.  And I'm not surprised.  I'm a little disappointed that Ramona and Sonja have so thoroughly gone along with it, happily throwing Heather and Kristen aside in their eagerness to be on Bethenny's good side.  And I am WAY disappointed that Satan Andy and Bravo are letting it happen, down to not permitting Heather and Kristen to join in the pre-season publicity tour with the other wives, and not giving them equal time on WWHL, in addition to not giving them their own narrative on the show.

I see it.  I see you, Bethenny.  I know what you're up to.  

I just needed to repost this.  Because it's TOO good.  Like, hello bulls eye!

• Love 14

ITA with this in theory; however, Carole hasn't put into practice this totally confident spirit you're talking about. She had the chance to own it and was all, "ME? Quelle horreur!" when Lu said, "That's Sonja young."

To be fair, Adam is 30. Sonja would NEVER date a 30 year old, so Luann was totally being snarky when she said that. Sonja likes them either just out of high school, or just before they go into an old age home. So, I didn't blame Carole for being offended by that. 

• Love 5

I will explain it, BTW it was meant tongue in cheek. Bethenny was told to not wear her four year old's pajamas by a judge.. She had previously done this and tweeted a picture of herself in them. A family law judge told her to not do that again.

Kristen wrote a blog, the youthful one, on the show and attacked Ramona about her age and being age appropriate. My point was if you have the principals age shaming the RHs people who are commenting about someone's attire being too youthful is pretty much in line with these women on the show do to each other..

Me personally, I don't care what anyone wears, except I really, really hate ripped jeans on anyone and I did think Carole Trouble shirt was pitiful, regardless of her age. It just seems she is screaming for attention.

Yes, I know all of that, I just didn't see how it related in any way to what I said.

• Love 2

I personally don't think Heather did anything wrong. It's not normal to not acknowledge when someone bizarrely breaks down during a non-antagonistic discussion. All Heather said was that they will make sure the trip is fun for Bethenny even if she's just there for a few days. I don't even like Heather, but I am not going to act like she's done anything to Bethenny in this instance to justify Bethenny's snark. Like I said before, Bethenny made up her mind that she wasn't going to like Heather and that's that.  Honestly, if I were the other ladies, Bethenny's histrionics would be met with an eyeroll.

• Love 17

Lastly as much as I like Luann, a minor thing that always bugs - her son's name is "Noel"....I've never heard that name pronounced the way she says it for a guy's name. I've always heard it pronounced like "knoll", not like "Noelle" which is a girl's name.

As a French speaker I had to comment on this--Noel is a fairly common French name and LuAnn is not mispronouncing it. The French have several names where both masculine and feminine forms which are pronounced identically although spelled differently (ie. Noel/Noelle, René/Renée). If you've heard the name pounced "knoll" it was likely an Americanized bastardization of the name.

• Love 8

I think the only thing that would make Beth happy is if Heather and Kristin never spoke to her at all.  If I were those two, that's what I'd be doing.  Not that Beth is ever happy with anything.

Then how are they to know about changes to scheduling their trip if they just drop the discussion because Beth melts down, which she does constantly?  Only Beth and those she chooses to confide in are relevant regarding schedules?  Why is Beth the one controlling everything including who is told about schedules?

Heather already did that at Ramona's party, she "hi" to Bethenny and walked away and Bethenny called her cold! There is no win for either Heather or Kristen with Bethenny, none IMO.

But they established they weren't changing the dates. Ramona asked if they should, Bethenny said she didn't want/need them changed. Bethenny was never asking to have the schedule changed. It seems Heather realized this as the comment was about Bethenny leaving early, no date change.

By the time Bethenny answered that question she was already in melt down, boo hoo, mood. Ramona started that crap and Bethenny played along. Neither Kristen nor Heather did/said anything wrong to or about Bethenny, it was all Ramona and Bethenny being idiots IMO.

• Love 13

Idk... I get a strong suspicion that had it been Kristen or Heather who were asking for special accommodations for their kids, as opposed to Beth, WWIII would have broken out.  Both amongst the ladies and perhaps here on the PTV too!

I truly don't. In fact, I'd guess that over the years, HWs with small children especially, would have routinely adjusted schedules to accommodate kids, because it's just such an every day occurrence.(In my world it is anyway)  I think it's only this year that it's been made an issue, and only with respect to Bethenny, for whatever reason.

• Love 6

It's not normal to not acknowledge when someone bizarrely breaks down during a non-antagonistic discussion.

I didn't think it was bizarre, it was pretty clear to me that Bethenny broke down because she's having a hard time personally, going through a contentious divorce and adjusting to split custody of her young child. She's clearly in some emotional turmoil...and doesn't want to "cry it out" with Heather, like Heather wants.

• Love 7

I didn't think it was bizarre, it was pretty clear to me that Bethenny broke down because she's having a hard time personally, going through a contentious divorce and adjusting to split custody of her young child. She's clearly in some emotional turmoil...and doesn't want to "cry it out" with Heather, like Heather wants.

IMO, it's bizarre and I will stick to that. Bethenny is going through a tough time...she's not the only one. Normal people going through an emotionally difficult period wouldn't sign on to a reality show that requires a serious time commitment. Bethenny chose to do it and will be criticized accordingly. So I'll agree to disagree.

• Love 15
(edited)

I think the difference is, Bethenny is divorced (or getting one) while Kristen and Heather are married to the fathers of their children. So when they get back, they'll for sure 100% get to see their kids. But Bethenny has to split time with Jason, so taking the full trip might be a lot harder on her than others. Does that mean they should all rearrange their schedules? Absolutely not. And I don't think Bethenny wants/expects that (although Bravo might), but her worries about the situation explain why she keeps getting emotional. 

Personally, I think Ramona is more at fault. It seems like she is going OTT to try and accommodate Bethenny, when accommodations don't even need to be made. 

This idea that Heather and Kristen should have no issues with scheduling conflicts due to Bethenny because they are married and have access to their kids whereas Bethenny doesn't is absurd. Reading between the lines, it seems they should feel guilty for their marital success and have no ground to question the divorcee about anything simply because she is divorced. The hypocrisy and entitlement of this sentiment makes me dislike Bethenny when I started out being neutral about her.

Bethenny's failures is not their fault and the inconveniences that goes along with those failure  should not be their burden to bare. If they are being made to feel either, they sure as hell should be able to speak up without feeling like unfeeling bitches.

It should be repeated that neither Heather or Kristen have made a big fuss over this inconvenience. However, you wouldn't know that given how Bethenny reacts when it is brought up. Or Ramona did last night.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 19

IMO, it's bizarre and I will stick to that. Bethenny is going through a tough time...she's not the only one. Normal people going through an emotionally difficult period wouldn't sign on to a reality show that requires a serious time commitment. Bethenny chose to do it and will be criticized accordingly. So I'll agree to disagree.

In my view, "normal" people don't sign up for a reality show, period.

• Love 6

Hey, guess what?  Was just on line at Marshall's today (discount chain here) & what did I see by the registers?  Bags & bags & bags & bags of SkinnyGirl cookies -- marked down to $4.99 each.  I saw peeps in front of me picking them up, making just-smelled-poop faces & putting them back down.  What were they?  Peanut butter & sea salt wafer cookies.  Ew & blech.  Oh my goodness, does that sound vile or what?

Those "yummy treats" made it to my Marshall's in SW Florida. I saw people making the "smelly poo face" too. Ha Ha Ha
  • Love 7

Yeah I don't care if Carole shops at f21.

Whoever said that the f21 in NYC are hot and humid was not lying! I went on a short vacation to NYC a couple years ago with my sister and 16 year old niece and of all places she wanted to go to was f21. Like there isn't one in every mall in every town in Ohio. Any way, they were so hot and sweaty, I had to walk out. Just horrible, plus everything in there made me itch.

Thank you! Now at least I know I'm not crazy. SO HOT AND HUMID. 

This wasn't as fun sober as it has been the past few weeks while drinking, but it was still entertaining enough.  I genuinely enjoy the creep of production in all the drama around Bethenney.  They arranged their schedules because of her, I totally get why they're pissed off- especially since odds are, absent something massive, production would bail when Bethenney did.  Heck they had an entire segment tonight where people were talking about something we theoretically could have seen (Sonja at da club) since, y'know, they're being filmed, and at least 4 of the cast were present. 

I'm really confused by why we did not get to see this scene. Sonja being plastered and making out with every man in sight sounds like something that Bravo would be salivating to get on film, so I wonder if it's possible that they didn't film it for some reason? I just can't imagine that they wouldn't show it if they had it since it fits in perfectly with the narrative and leads us so nicely into the T&C intervention. It makes no sense.

I don't think she was using "bros before ho's" conversationally; she was just trying to make a pun. I think "Toes before ho's" is funny.   This is partly why I watch RHONY - you don't get any attempts at witty jokes in the OC!

Of course it was ruined by Beth having to explain it to obtuse Ramona.

I actually thought B having to explain it to Ramona made it even funnier. Wth is wrong with Ramona? So, so much.

• Love 3

As a French speaker I had to comment on this--Noel is a fairly common French name and LuAnn is not mispronouncing it. The French have several names where both masculine and feminine forms which are pronounced identically although spelled differently (ie. Noel/Noelle, René/Renée). If you've heard the name pounced "knoll" it was likely an Americanized bastardization of the name.

Interesting - I've never heard that before, but I can tell you it's definitely not just an "Americanized bastardization" of the name, because Rex Harrison's son who was also an actor, Noel Harrison, pronounced his name "knoll" and he's British.

• Love 2

No. She just wants to cry it out in front of Heather. Should Heather notice or show sympathy, she is a callous bitch who Beth feels "is inside her skin". I guess she should just look at her coldly and say nothing and that would make Beth happy. I would love to see that, but according to Beth's blog, last night was the last time we will see Beth cry this season. Can I get an Amen?

• Love 19

In my view, "normal" people don't sign up for a reality show, period.

Can't be said enough.  They ALL have that very speshul quality/defect (you choose) that propels them to sign on the dotted line in the first place.  That could be the root of why I always start out disliking them and they have to earn my 'like'.  Don't I look fab in royal Ramona Blue? 

• Love 3

No. She just wants to cry it out in front of Heather. Should Heather notice or show sympathy, she is a callous bitch who Beth feels "is inside her skin". I guess she should just look at her coldly and say nothing and that would make Beth happy. I would love to see that, but according to Beth's blog, last night was the last time we will see Beth cry this season. Can I get an Amen?

Only if it includes the reunion shows as well  ;)

• Love 5