Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

My Legends-withdrawal must be making me all schmoopy, but that was a really nice ad. Makes me remember how much I appreciate the lighter tone that LOT has compared to most "dark and gritty" shows. Also, how adorable is Caity Lotz? I say this as a straight woman, but I think that ad made me finally fall in love with her. The finger heart, the smile, those blue eyes... too cute!

Edited by Maelstrom
stupid autocorrect
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

I know it’s the CW but they’re all so pretty. I also appreciate that the cast itself is so diverse which goes well with the message.

They wrote Amaya's character out almost from the moment she was introduced, so I'm glad they found a way to keep Maisie Richardson-Sellers, that didn't require mental gymnastics or massive retconning.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, jhlipton said:

They wrote Amaya's character out almost from the moment she was introduced, so I'm glad they found a way to keep Maisie Richardson-Sellers, that didn't require mental gymnastics or massive retconning.

After dropping the Hawks (which made sense story wise), dropping Jax and losing Wally it would not have been a good look to lose Maisie, even if it makes sense for her character. I like Charlie and it’s fun watching her portray a completely different character.

• Love 3
(edited)

https://deadline.com/2019/03/legends-of-tomorrow-jes-macallan-return-series-regular-season-5-1202567993/

EXCLUSIVE: Time Bureau’s director is staying in office. Jes Macallan, who plays Ava Sharpe on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, has closed a deal to return to the superhero drama as a series regular next season.

Macallan joined the CW series at the beginning of season 3  as Time Bureau agent Ava Sharpe who was subsequently promoted to the head of the agency. Macallan herself was promoted to a series regular at the start of Season 4 with a one-year deal. She has now been extended with another one-year pact. Macallan’s  character has been a love interest for Sara (Caity Lotz) and was revealed to be a clone.

“Jes has a power to captivate in person as well as on screen,” Legends of Tomorrowexecutive producer Phil Klemmer said at the time of Macallan’s promotion to series regular last year. The series already has been renewed for Season 5.

Edited by Proteus
Added something
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/1/2019 at 9:35 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Interesting that they are keeping her season to season instead of locking her down long term. 

It's already the fourth season, so who knows how long "long term" would be.  Also, one of the things about LoT is that it maintains the flexibility to shift its cast from season to season instead just having the same group year after year.

Edited by johntfs
1 hour ago, johntfs said:

It's already the fourth season, so who knows who long "long term" would be.  Also, one of the things about LoT is that it maintains the flexibility to shift its cast from season to season instead just having the same group year after year.

I thought actors would still sign multi-year contracts with the obvious understanding that the show could be canceled before the contract is up. Like half of Arrow’s current cast signed on after season four. Have they been signing a new contract every season? It didn’t even occur to me that JM would have to sign again for season five. Last thing we need is another Sanvers situation.

On 3/2/2019 at 12:10 AM, BaggythePanther said:

I thought actors would still sign multi-year contracts with the obvious understanding that the show could be canceled before the contract is up. Like half of Arrow’s current cast signed on after season four. Have they been signing a new contract every season? It didn’t even occur to me that JM would have to sign again for season five. Last thing we need is another Sanvers situation.

I'd assume they have been.  As I understand it, when a show gets picked up from pilot status, they try to lock in their starting cast to a good 5-7 year contract.  People who join after that tend to get year-to-year contracts.

Meanwhile, what was the "Sanvers" situation?

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, johntfs said:

Supergirl season 2 featured a season long subplot with Alex Danvers coming to a later-in-life realization that she was gay and entering into a relationship with Maggie Sawyer, hence the #Sanvers ship name.  Fans loved it and were heavily invested, but the actress playing Maggie was only on a one year recurring contract and left for a full time leading role at the end of the season. There was intense social media backlash (toxic at times IMO) with some people accusing TPTB of betraying them and burying their gays when it was really a case of someone getting a better job offer and taking it.

Incidentally, Chyler Leigh absolutely killed it in the first part of the season when Alex was still working through things... Well worth watching.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, johntfs said:

I'd assume they have been.  As I understand it, when a show gets picked up from pilot status, they try to lock in their starting cast to a good 5-7 year contract.  People who join after that tend to get year-to-year contracts.

Yeah, Dom always posts that he signed a 7 year deal.

Courtney Ford apparently said over the weekend at the Vancouver con that she needs to re up as well for season 5. So it wasn't just Jes Macallan.

• Love 2

I’ve said that I thought it was a little weird that every episode in season 4 so far has had a reference to the fact that Ava is a clone. Based on this scene from the promo I’m glad it looks like the writers had a reason for it.

ETA: The second picture looks like a dance scene. This better be a dance sequence (I’m not asking for a whole episode, just one good dance sequence).

4CC4BF83-3FB6-4862-A22D-3173C9F9C41B.jpeg

55A77C87-3DC4-41A6-B441-B0AEC5F81250.jpeg

Edited by BaggythePanther
ETA a second screenshot from the promo.
  • Love 4

From CW:

Press Release

DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
“Lucha De Apuestas” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

BELIEVE IT OR NOT — When the Legends hear that Mona (Roman Young) has let a fugitive go, they must head to 1961 Mexico City to clean up her mess.  Mona tries to convince the Legends and the Bureau that the people responsible for releasing the fugitive were some mysterious Men in Black and not her.  With no evidence to back up her theory, the Legends must decide if they should trust her and go against the Bureau.  Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano) and Zari (Tala Ashe) go on a recon mission to find out what Hank (guest star Tom Wilson) might be hiding from everyone.  Caity Lotz, Matt Ryan, Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell, Jes Macallan and Maisie Richardson-Sellers also star.  Andrew Kasch directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Tyron B. Carter (#409).  Original airdate 4/1/2019.  

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Proteus said:

Mona tries to convince the Legends and the Bureau that the people responsible for releasing the fugitive were some mysterious Men in Black and not her. 

So I guess she's not dead!

On 3/14/2019 at 3:35 PM, Proteus said:

From CW:

Press Release

DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
“Lucha De Apuestas” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

BELIEVE IT OR NOT — When the Legends hear that Mona (Roman Young) has let a fugitive go, they must head to 1961 Mexico City to clean up her mess.  Mona tries to convince the Legends and the Bureau that the people responsible for releasing the fugitive were some mysterious Men in Black and not her.  With no evidence to back up her theory, the Legends must decide if they should trust her and go against the Bureau.  Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano) and Zari (Tala Ashe) go on a recon mission to find out what Hank (guest star Tom Wilson) might be hiding from everyone.  Caity Lotz, Matt Ryan, Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell, Jes Macallan and Maisie Richardson-Sellers also star.  Andrew Kasch directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Tyron B. Carter (#409).  Original airdate 4/1/2019.  

I was born in 1961.  Please don't accidentally erase me from the timeline, Legends!  😞

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

I was born in 1961.  Please don't accidentally erase me from the timeline, Legends!  😞

That’s Barry Allen’s job.

CW recently released the season finale dates and Legends’ finale is scheduled for May 20th. That seems really soon. And then we go into what will probably be a five month hiatus (assuming season 5 starts in October).

• LOL 1

Description for #410 “The Getaway”: (link)

WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH? — When Hank (guest star Tom Wilson) commandeers the Waverider in 1973, the Legends find themselves on the run in an RV after kidnapping the President who is only able to tell the truth.  With the help of Constantine (Matt Ryan), they discover the reason that none of them can lie making for an uncomfortable family road trip.  Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano) and Zari (Tala Ashe), with the help of Nora (Courtney Ford) and Gary (guest star Adam Tsekhman), work together to find out what Hank is really up to.  Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Jes Macallan and Ramona Young also star.  Viet Nguyen directed the episode written by Matthew Maala & Ubah Mohamed (#410).  Original airdate 4/8/2019

• Love 2

A Sara, Mick and John team up to go after Mona and the Kaupe, that should be fun. I hope there is drinking involved. Lol

Also Legends not being able to lie should be a fun episode as well.

This show needs to be on now. I have so many shows to watch on April. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 7

I thought it was Ray, but maybe it is Gary.  

“We should have done the crossover.” Lol.  And “franchise superheros”? 🤨 I hope it makes more sense in context, because they’re getting just a bit too free with the third fourth-wall-breaking for my taste.  But otherwise it looks just as delightfully insane as always.  I’m so glad the hiatus is almost over. 😁

Edited by Starfish35
🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

“We should have done the crossover.” Lol.  And “franchise superheros”? 🤨 I hope it makes more sense in context, because they’re getting just a bit too free with the third-wall-breaking for my taste.

You mean fourth wall? But they held back from making Ray Superman, so it could be worse. 

These writers have no fucks left to give. It seems like they’re addressing some of the criticisms the show gets (where are the costumes, why no superhero suits, this isn’t a real superhero show) in a ridiculous way. Typical Legends. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Is that Gary dressed as The Flash??

I’m pretty sure it’s Gary. They probably let him do it because his name rhymes. I just noticed that Gary is in the season 4 Flash suit. Even the Legends prefer the look with the chinstrap.

• Love 2

That was such a great trailer! I am so excited for this show to start! The writers for this show really seem to have found the right mix of comedy, drama, time travel science fiction, supernatural monsters, and superheroes. I think it might be my favorite right now.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

I better get a "Dammit, Gary!" while he's in the Flash suit, if those writers want a "Demolishing the Fourth Wall" award.

All I want is a "Run, Gary. Run!"

• Love 3

I need a show like this and The Orville to bring me back up after that disastrous season of Doctor Who. 😀

13 hours ago, AngelKitty said:

That was such a great trailer! I am so excited for this show to start! The writers for this show really seem to have found the right mix of comedy, drama, time travel science fiction, supernatural monsters, and superheroes. I think it might be my favorite right now.

You go Gary!!!

• Love 1
On 3/25/2019 at 1:07 PM, Proteus said:

2 minute trailer:

I just got a chance to watch it... Ray's ridiculous "Let us prepare ourselves to wrestle!" is probably phrased that way because Michael Buffer actually has a trademark on the phrase, "Let's get ready to rumble!"

• Love 3