Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

So I was just looking to see how much it would cost to purchase the first eight episodes of this season on Amazon, and weirdly enough it looks like all Warner Bros TV content is no longer available on Amazon for some reason.  I don’t know if this is a temporary glitch or something else.  I tried to find some news about it, but couldn’t come up with anything.  Has anyone heard anything about this? 

It looks like everything is still available through iTunes, at least for now, but I’d already purchased the first three seasons on Amazon and would kind of like to keep them in the same place.  

DC Universe is teasing season 1 of Krypton, but nothing for the CW shows.  Warner Media is also planning their own new streaming service which will likely subsume the DC app, plus have the WB library content like Casablanca, so in general I wouldn't be surprised to see that start to vanish from other services.

I can't buy any CW DC shows on Amazon either and I'm in the UK  and the DC streaming isn't coming here any time soon (Titans is elsewhere) and so not sure about if/when the WB streaming service will come here. Arrow 1-5 which is on Prime Video streaming is still available - for now. It might just be an Amazon/WB wrangling issue. 

50 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Arrow 1-5 which is on Prime Video streaming is still available - for now.

Odd.  It’s not available here in the US.  I still don’t see any news about it yet though.  I’m hoping they eventually resolve whatever the issue is.  I’m not expecting the shows to come to Prime, but to not even have them available for purchase?  That’s definitely strange.

Edited by Starfish35

I know they’re available on iTunes, but until a few days ago they were also available for purchase on Amazon, and now they’re not.  I purchased the first three seasons on Amazon; I’d rather not switch platforms if I don’t have to.   That’s why I’d like to know if this is temporary, or the new status quo.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

Yeah me too. Arrow is the only one that has ever been available on Prime here, and only once the season after it had finished airing. I checked and 1-5 is still available to watch but S6 is unavailable to buy just like the rest. Frustrating. I know everything is available to buy on other platforms but Amazon was definitely the most convenient to me and I thought they made quite a bit of revenue for the shows out of it so it's a little strange. 

• Love 1

I don’t watch The Flash, but in tonight’s episode, per the TVLine recap

Spoiler

* To bide his time spent in the Pipeline cell, Barry found himself oddly engrossed by Legend Mick Rory’s debut novel.

I wonder if he knows who wrote it? Never mind; apparently the answer is yes. :) 

Edited by Starfish35
10 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Which one was he reading, Uncaged Desires or Heatwaves: the erotic space opera? 

Uncaged Desires. Sherloque Wells thought it would be especially appropriate since Barry was stuck in a power-dampening cell because his phasing powers had gone haywire after his body was hyper-charged with dark matter during a recent villain encounter. Barry found it "surprisingly well-written."

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 4

Meanwhile I'm grumpy because I've liked Mick longer than Barry has AND I've been dying to read his books.  Yet Barry gets to read one before me.

On the other hand, maybe this is a hint that Warner Bros has hired a ghost writer and will publish Mick's work?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

How do they know mick wrote the book? He's using a pseudonym. 

It was specifically mentioned that the Legends had dropped it off. The really funny part was Nora saying, "you're reading Mick's book?" like she had met him and knew about it.

• Love 2

I like to imagine the Legends running around the multiverse, and throughout time, and are handing out Micks book to everyone they've ever met, or at any place that will sell or loan it out! Even on other shows, the Legends are my favorite part of the episode.

I was in a comic book store yesterday, and the guy at the desk said he saw that LoT had been cancelled. I basically had a heart attack before checking Caitys Instagram and seeing that she had mentioned the season finale, not series finale. Everyone in the store was very relieved, and we all got into a discussion on how LoT is awesome. Then I bought a copy of Crisis! It was a good evening.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Proteus said:

It makes no sense that anyone knows that Uncaged Desires is Micks book, even Mick. He just wrote  his first story and came up with his pen name.

Nora (Barry’s daughter, not Nora Darhk) called it Mick’s book, and she’s from the future. It’s possible in her time everyone knows Rebecca Silver is Mick Rory.

• Love 4
On 1/17/2019 at 12:49 PM, MarkHB said:

It was specifically mentioned that the Legends had dropped it off. The really funny part was Nora saying, "you're reading Mick's book?" like she had met him and knew about it.

Assuming this is Nora from the future, she might well have met him and known about it.

• Love 1

I am not surprised, but I'm pleasantly surprised that it hasn't been renewed for a final season. I do think that the network will be gracious to its superhero shows and give these shows a final season to conclude, so I think we'll see at least two more seasons of Legends. 

If they can give a show like Jane the Virgin or Crazy Ex Girlfriend a final season, why wouldn't they do the same with Legends? Either way, I'm super thrilled. 

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I am not surprised, but I'm pleasantly surprised that it hasn't been renewed for a final season. I do think that the network will be gracious to its superhero shows and give these shows a final season to conclude, so I think we'll see at least two more seasons of Legends. 

If they can give a show like Jane the Virgin or Crazy Ex Girlfriend a final season, why wouldn't they do the same with Legends? Either way, I'm super thrilled. 

I'm not going to even think about Legends being labeled as a final season anytime soon. It has a lot left in it.

• Love 2
Just now, Regalbegal said:

I am so excited, somehow LOT has managed to become one of my favorite shows.  

That's because this balls-to-the-wall insane show is such a breath of fresh air in contrast to the borderline-painful soap operas that The Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl have all become.  Legends got it right when it decided to embrace the over-the-top comedy and wear the craziness as a badge of honor -- like Gary's missing nipple!

• Love 12
5 hours ago, catrox14 said:

This is the best case for a crossover.

5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So happy to hear this news! Praise Beebo!

I need this to happen. Who do I have to donate money to for this to happen?!?

I’d give money to see Constantine meet Castiel.

• Love 6

Very happy to hear this!  It's well deserved and I look forward to more Legends of Tomorrow.

With the upcoming Crisis on Infinite Earths storyline next season, it's return never really should have been in doubt.  What happens afterwards remains to be seen.

So glad it's been renewed but it does raise a few questions?

- Will we keep characters like Constantine, Nora and Mona and if we don't, who will be added into the mix to replace them?

- How many episodes will it get?

- Will it keep it's Monday slot or be moved again?

20 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Apparently, from what @tv echo posted in the crossover thread, “final season” status hasn’t been decided yet. 

With all five DC Comics-inspired dramas already renewed for next season and its Ruby Rose-led Batwoman pilot fully expected to go to series, Pedowitz still believes there's room for more. "We haven't hit that saturation point," he said, noting that the network has yet to decide if all six dramas would be on the air concurrently. With Arrow renewed for its eighth season, Pedowitz is aware that some of the Greg Berlanti-produced DC shows are starting to show signs of age. "Things will age and we want to get the next generation of shows to keep The CW DC universe going for as long as possible," he said. Decisions about final seasons of any of The CW's fare - including Arrow - will likely come around May's upfront presentations to ad buyers.

Hollywood Reporter