Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

CW Live+7 ratings for the week of October 29-November 4 (Programming Insider):

• The Flash - 1.21, 3.138 million.
  • Supergirl - 0.72, 2.199 million.
  • Arrow - 0.72, 2.038 million.
  • Supernatural - 0.71*, 2.204 million.
  • Charmed - 0.69, 1.884 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.63, 1.820 million. (#402 - Witch Hunt)
  • Black Lightning - 0.63, 1.742 million.
  • Legacies - 0.60, 1.784 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.23*, 0.894 million.
  • Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - 0.23, 0.649 million*.

*Not listed in Top 40 report.

Riverdale and All American did not air on Wednesday, October 31.

Compared to the Live+SD ratings, Legends’ relative ranking did improve some in Live+7, though not as drastically as the prior week.  They went from #7 to #6 in the 18-49 demo, and from #8 to #6 in total viewers.  (Actually, Legends and Black Lightning are tied in the demo in this report, and we don’t know what the unrounded numbers were.)

Edited by Starfish35
Correction

I know the ratings are tanking because people want a superhero show and LoT has basically become misfits that time travel. That's why I'm enjoying it. I'm kind of tired of the gloomy superhero loner shows. I want to have fun watching characters I love in completely insane situations. That's what this show is giving me.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I know the ratings are tanking because people want a superhero show and LoT has basically become misfits that time travel. That's why I'm enjoying it. I'm kind of tired of the gloomy superhero loner shows. I want to have fun watching characters I love in completely insane situations. That's what this show is giving me.

I feel like there should be a way to reach out to people who may not necessarily be interested in a superhero show, but would enjoy something like LoT - a story with found family, time travel and wacky hijinks. Sometimes LoT reminds me of Leverage and that show had nothing to do with superheroes.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BaggythePanther said:

Sometimes LoT reminds me of Leverage and that show had nothing to do with superheroes.

Leverage!! ? I’m a sucker for found family/band of misfit types of stories, and Leverage is one of my all time favorites. It’s a very distinctive show.

• Love 6

From CW:

“Hell No, Dolly!” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

RIPPLE EFFECT — With Rory (Dominic Purcell) and Ava (Jes Macallan) at odds, Sara (Caity Lotz) tries to come up with a way for them to get along, but all is put on hold when a new magical creature attacks the Legends. Constantine (Matt Ryan) is forced to confront his tragic past but it could have devastating consequences for the rest of the team. Meanwhile, Mona (Ramona Young) has a crush on someone she works with and gets some advice from Nate (Nick Zano). Brandon Routh, Tala Ashe, Maisie Richardson- Sellers also star. April Mullen directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Morgan Faust wrote the episode (#407).  Original airdate 12/3/2018.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Miss Dee said:

Interesting. What puts Ava and Mick at odds, I wonder? Well, other than the fact Mick's entire existence is probably anathema to her, but what *specifically* is going to cause it?

Mick & Ava can both be prickly so it wouldn't take much. 

• Love 2

Mick and Ava have strong personalities and completely opposite ways of doing things.

I know we've only seen her in one episode so far and descriptions mean very little sometimes but I have no idea where they're going with Mona/Alaska apart from she's the new "young character" replacement.

12 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

Interesting. What puts Ava and Mick at odds, I wonder? Well, other than the fact Mick's entire existence is probably anathema to her, but what *specifically* is going to cause it?

There's a few potential issues.  The probable return of Nora Darkh (who may somehow end up joining the team) and Charlie, who went from threat/fugitive to team member, but both of those issues would likely be things Ava would take up with Sara, who is the actual team leader instead of Mick - unless Sara is away/unavailable/injuted/dead(briefly) for some reason and team leadership has fallen to Mick.  The most likely scenario for conflict that I see would be Mick going over Sara's head to try to get Constantine removed from the team, because Mick doesn't trust and Ava telling him to piss off because Constantine has been highly useful to the team against the magical fugitives' threat.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Proteus said:

From CW:

“Hell No, Dolly!” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

RIPPLE EFFECT — With Rory (Dominic Purcell) and Ava (Jes Macallan) at odds, Sara (Caity Lotz) tries to come up with a way for them to get along, but all is put on hold when a new magical creature attacks the Legends. Constantine (Matt Ryan) is forced to confront his tragic past but it could have devastating consequences for the rest of the team. Meanwhile, Mona (Ramona Young) has a crush on someone she works with and gets some advice from Nate (Nick Zano). Brandon Routh, Tala Ashe, Maisie Richardson- Sellers also star. April Mullen directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Morgan Faust wrote the episode (#407).  Original airdate 12/3/2018.

So Mona has a crush on Gary? He's the only Time Bureau person not otherwise mentioned. I have faith that the LoT writers can pull just about anything off and make it entertaining, but I'm not excited about that plot. A little bit of Gary goes a long way, and it's on the verge of wearing out his welcome...

I am excited to see what causes a Mick/Ava feud and how that plays out!

Edited by shantown
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, shantown said:

So Mona has a crush on Gary? He's the only Time Bureau person not otherwise mentioned. I have faith that the LoT writers can pull just about anything off and make it entertaining, but I'm not excited about that plot. A little bit of Gary goes a long way, and it's on the verge of wearing out his welcome...

I am excited to see what causes a Mick/Ava feud and how that plays out!

If Mona's got a crush on Gary, she's going to be in for an awfully big disappointment when she finds out that he's just not hard-wired that way!

14 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

If Mona's got a crush on Gary, she's going to be in for an awfully big disappointment when she finds out that he's just not hard-wired that way!

I think Gary is bisexual. In "I,Ava " he made several comments showing that he has/had a crush on Ava.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Proteus said:

I think Gary is bisexual. In "I,Ava " he made several comments showing that he has/had a crush on Ava.

That doesn't mean anything.  Back when I was in denial about being gay (even to myself), I knew several girls that I thought I had crushes on.  It turned out to be purely intellectual attraction, nothing physical in the least.

7 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

That doesn't mean anything.  Back when I was in denial about being gay (even to myself), I knew several girls that I thought I had crushes on.  It turned out to be purely intellectual attraction, nothing physical in the least.

I just think the show sees Gary as bisexual since he told Sara he's had dreams about a lot of naked Avas as well.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Proteus said:

I just think the show sees Gary as bisexual since he told Sara he's had dreams about a lot of naked Avas as well.

I will note that overall Gary's interest seems a bit more male-oriented (ogling naked Ray and having an affair/hookup with Constantine) than female oriented.  That said, perhaps Gary's interest in Taco Monday had more to do with the bringer of the Tacos (Mona) than the tacos themselves.  That all said, Mona seems to have been food girl for a while and she doesn't seem super shy.  Figure if she was hot for Gary, she'd have let him know.  It's possible her crush will be on Nate - or even Ava.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Of course Caity knits, because she is awesome. Also, how is Brandon Routh so handsome, and how do I forget how handsome he is?

To say nothing of what a powerful actor he is. I'm really glad that the show has been emphasizing Ray so much this season, because it means that Brandon has been getting a LOT to do to show off how good an actor he is.  And I missed most of Nora's storyline last season, so I'm looking forward to seeing Brandon and Courtney play off each other. Brandon said that they love to inject little inside things from their marriage into their scenes together -- I'll have to watch carefully and see whether I can tell when they're NOT acting!

• Love 2

I really liked how this article about Nora rarely mentions Ray. I didn't realize how much restricting her to Ray's story was bothering me until reading this, where it seems clear she's getting her own story and relationships to other characters as well. I'm looking forward to this much more now.

• Love 2

In what might be a first, Arrow and Legends got exactly the same unrounded preliminary rating. (Source)  I don’t expect that to hold in the finals, but it’s still interesting. (Final unrounded numbers will be out next week.)

Arrow .......................................... 0.304 ... (0.327 ... 0.281)
Legends of Tomorrow ................ 0.304 ... (0.312 ... 0.297)

Final (rounded Live+SD) ratings for last night.

846FAEA9-91E3-43F7-9A70-38272A5DE0EB.png

Edited by Starfish35
Correcting spelling

From DCLegendsTV:

Legends of Tomorrow Cast Previews Nora Darhk’s Return

This was previewing last night’s episode, but it’s still interesting, I think.

Last week, we spoke with Courtney Ford, Brandon Routh, and Matt Ryan about the events of tonight’s show and what it might mean for Nora to be using magic again.

“I think it’s really frightening for her, and it is something that she struggles with because her magic is tied to her father and even though she had such incredible love for her father, that relationship was also dysfunctional and she received a lot of pain from it as well. The world received a lot of pain from Damien Darhk,” Courtney told our group of reporters. “So right now Nora’s trying to figure out who she is without her father’s influence and without Mallus’ influence.”

“It’s absolutely frightening,” Ford continued, telling us that Nora is trying to “go straight,” so to speak, not using magic and just being a regular person. “It’s frightening and it’s confusing and she doesn’t know who she is. I think maybe all of us have felt that way at some point in our lives. It can feel very unsettling to not know your place in the world.”

“If I use any magic at all, is it just what Constantine warns her about? Is it just ‘vroom’ down that road? Or can you still be good? Can you still kind of be a complicated ally and use some magic? How much is okay? How much can she tolerate? It’s also kind of addictive, that kind of power that she had,” she explained.

Photos for #406 “Tender is the Nate”. (DCLegendsTV)

Biff Tannen gets to travel through time with the good guys for once in the Monday, November 26 episode of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow which is called “Tender is the Nate.”

Here’s the description; a newly-released gallery of photos from The CW follows.

SHOCKED BUT NOT FORGOTTEN — When Hank Heywood (guest star Tom Wilson) confronts Ava (Jes Macallan) about the spending habits of the Legends, Nate (Nick Zano) steps in to try and smooth things over by inviting Hank on to the Waverider. The Legends then show Hank what they do by visiting 1920s Paris, trying to capture the newest Fugitive. Meanwhile, Mona (Ramona Young) is trying to make a good impression with Ava, but her over eagerness gets her and Ava stuck in a cell instead. Caity Lotz, Matt Ryan, Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell, Tala Ashe and Maisie Richardson-Sellers also star. Dean Choe directed the episode written by Phil Klemmer & Matthew Maala wrote the episode (#406). Original airdate 11/26/2018.

E3EE02F9-9C0D-4CD1-A0C5-B2A2E820346C.jpeg

44174BE4-46DB-49A3-B5D7-8B64F6C89866.jpeg

F30BA7B5-E41D-43F3-BB93-CDA880D25BFB.jpeg

C37FDE18-B13E-48B5-8FF1-52089599AE8C.jpeg

EB29EBBC-9A48-4616-B9BF-E013307FCB56.jpeg

49BA51CF-4289-43B7-A6FA-1C930906B4FB.jpeg

8E474D8A-47FC-4545-9C77-9E4E9E8B2B6F.jpeg

F75127A1-9941-46C0-AD58-815C92DEE962.jpeg

DD7ACD7C-5635-4643-9387-D1476FA1ED3D.jpeg

5E905FDC-DB92-4694-B415-A9A4090BAEA7.jpeg

2DE69DC6-1B10-4FCD-9485-8EACD69868E2.jpeg

ABECEAF9-0BF8-46C1-A1D8-30E85FCB1CF3.jpeg

• Love 2

I love that they’re still keeping up the Zari + food motif. 😄  I noticed it in this last episode with the big bowl of popcorn and then here with the pizza boxes.

Also, Nate finally meets Charlie.  Wonder how that’s going to go. Apparently not terribly, judging from the pics, but I wonder if someone will get a chance to fill him in before he runs into her on the Waverider.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Since when do the Legends get a budget from the TB?

Well, this is one of the things I’ve been trying not to think too hard about, because TV, but yeah.  The idea of the Time Bureau being a department of the US Federal Government is something I’ve had a bit of a hard time swallowing since it was introduced.  I just can’t imagine Rip setting it up that way.  And what exactly is costing so much?  It’s been stated, within this very season even, that the Legends don’t get salaries.  My impression was the Gideon manufactures whatever clothes and food they need.  So, other than maybe fueling the Waverider (and I’m not sure what kind of energy it runs on), how is it possible for them to run up a nine-figure deficit?

Maybe the episode will explain all that.  But still. 😳

Here are the CW unrounded FINALS for last week (Nov. 12-18):

The Flash ............................. 0.622
Riverdale .............................. 0.440
Supernatural ........................ 0.414
Arrow ................................... 0.395
Legacies .............................. 0.341
Supergirl .............................. 0.325
Charmed .............................. 0.290
Black Lightning .................... 0.277
Legends of Tomorrow ...... 0.273
All American ........................ 0.265
Dynasty ............................... 0.212
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend .............. 0.150

Source

Edited by Starfish35
2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Also, Nate finally meets Charlie.  Wonder how that’s going to go. Apparently not terribly, judging from the pics, but I wonder if someone will get a chance to fill him in before he runs into her on the Waverider.  

2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Are they having a pizza party for Nate to meet Charlie. 

I'm guessing that those pics are from the end of the episode, after they've gotten themselves out of their latest escapade and are back on the Waverider making peace with one another. After all, Constantine and Mick are within closest proximity to each other with no hints of violence. Just my two cents though, I'm probably wrong because who knows with this show!

Also, Sara looks great in 20s fashions. The costuming and makeup dept are really knocking themselves out this season with the team's getups, especially the women's.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

I'm guessing that those pics are from the end of the episode, after they've gotten themselves out of their latest escapade and are back on the Waverider making peace with one another. 

I agree - that’s probably an end-of-episode scene.  

• Love 1

CW Live+7 Ratings for the week of November 5-11 (Programming Insider):

• Riverdale - 0.94, 2.519 million.
  • Arrow - 0.70, 1.983 million.
  • Supergirl - 0.67, 2.125 million.
  • Supernatural - 0.65, 2.208 million.
  • Charmed - 0.65, 1.818 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.61, 1.793 million. (#403 - Dancing Queen)
  • Legacies - 0.55, 1.740 million.
  • All-American - 0.46*, 1.163 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.25*, 0.868 million.
  • Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - 0.22, 0.582 million*.

*Not on Top 40 list.

The Flash and Black Lightning did not air new episodes on Tuesday, November 6.

Compared to the Live+SD ratings, Legends improved from #8 to #6 (out of 10 shows airing) in the 18-49 demo, and from #7 to #6 in total viewers.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Since when do the Legends get a budget from the TB? Sara specifically said Nick didn't get paid a couple of eps ago. Maybe she and Ava worked out an expenses budget for things Gideon can't do? Sacrilege!

What powers the Waverider?  I'm assuming it's some super-rare, super-expensive (in 21st century Earth) fuel.  Just by going through time in a ship the Legends could end up running up a huge bill.