Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

This does not give me high hopes for maturity and realism in the Ray/Nora storyline.

So Mick is still writing Garima into existence for sex stuff? That's...not healthy. Which: it's Mick, I get it, but I would be far more comfortable with both of these romances if I knew the writers would eventually address how creepy it is for Ray to be falling for the idealized Nora in his head instead of the real warts-and-all Nora, and Mick to be knocking boots with a literal dream girl instead of a real, imperfect woman.

• Love 4

I'm more curious as to whether Mick tags along on the mission to 1856 New Orleans, since Sara knows that it would be Mick's worst nightmare, given how much he hates puppets. And good luck to Charlie and Zari trying to blend in in antebellum New Orleans society!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

This does not give me high hopes for maturity and realism in the Ray/Nora storyline.

So Mick is still writing Garima into existence for sex stuff? That's...not healthy. Which: it's Mick, I get it, but I would be far more comfortable with both of these romances if I knew the writers would eventually address how creepy it is for Ray to be falling for the idealized Nora in his head instead of the real warts-and-all Nora, and Mick to be knocking boots with a literal dream girl instead of a real, imperfect woman.

The most interesting thing about Ray and Nora is that they're both falling for idealized versions of each other.  There's a neat little scene in the X-Files episode, "Humbug" in which Gillian Anderson's Dana Scully and guest star Vincent Schiavelli's deformed Lanny encounter each other in the morning.  Each is wearing clothing that's a bit loose.  So each is revealing to the other a normally hidden bit of anatomy.  For Scully it's her cleavage, for Lanny his odd tumor.  And both characters try to get better looks without letting the other know that's what they're doing.  It's an interesting meditation on human curiosity.on the desire we have to see... a little bit more. 

The interesting bit with Ray and Nora is that Ray desperately wants to believe that there's good inside of Nora and Nora desperately wants to believe that Ray is right about that.  The problem is that Nora wants to be "good" for Ray, but she needs to be "Good" for herself.

With Mick there's something else going on.  The big question about Garima is:  Is she sentient?  Is there a conscious mind inside that 3-boobed body?  There's a 2012 movie called Ruby Sparks which is billed as a "romantic comedy-drama" but functions on certain levels as a "romantic horror" movie.  In it a male writer creates his perfect girlfriend and because she is a writer's creation, he can alter and edit her as he chooses.  This leads to a horrifying scene in which he demonstrates this power that he has over her.  I have to wonder if Garima is going to be a 3-boobed Ruby Sparks.

• Love 5

Exactly. There are creepy ramifications to both of these romances if they're meant to be accepted by the audience as they're being written right now.

On the other hand, if the writers are fully cognizant of these issues and plan to address them in due time, I'm okay with this as setup. They're doing an excellent job with Avalance, so I have hope (for now).

Ok there's a new sneak peak with the horror movie doll, I'm definitely going to be watching (and sleeping) with all the lights I own on. 

Yeah I'm really not sure where they're going with Ray and Nora. They do have chemistry and I liked their early interactions but right now it is problematic. I hope they do plan to address it. Same with Mick and Three Boobed Warrior Princess. If she's sentient does she have a choice or not because Mick is her creator? I don't think they'll go full Ruby Sparks but it would be nice to know they're thinking of these things apart from the funny. 

• Love 1

Unrounded finals for last week (source)

Here were the unrounded FINALS for the CW shows last week (Nov. 26-Dec. 2):

The Flash ............................ 0.641
Arrow .................................. 0.447
Riverdale ............................ 0.445
Supernatural ....................... 0.415
Supergirl ............................. 0.352
Black Lightning ................... 0.323
Legacies ............................. 0.319
Legends of Tomorrow ..... 0.302
Charmed ............................ 0.295
All American ...................... 0.254
Dynasty ............................. 0.190
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend ............ 0.167

Edited by Starfish35

CW Live+7 Ratings for the week of November 19-25 (Programming Insider):

• The Flash - 1.26, 3.269 million.
  • Supergirl - 0.68, 2.104 million.
  • Charmed - 0.63, 1.824 million.
  • Arrow - 0.62, 1.812 million.
  • Black Lightning - 0.61, 1.778 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.60, 1.747 million. (#405 - Tagumo Attacks!!!)
Edited by Starfish35

Nick Zano warned everyone on Twitter today to be ready for "maximum insanity" on Monday, and he wasn't kidding.  Just when I think this show couldn't be any more off-the-wall bonkers, I get proven wrong -- and I'm here for all of it!

• Love 3
On 12/2/2018 at 2:28 PM, legaleagle53 said:

I'm more curious as to whether Mick tags along on the mission to 1856 New Orleans, since Sara knows that it would be Mick's worst nightmare, given how much he hates puppets. And good luck to Charlie and Zari trying to blend in in antebellum New Orleans society!

As @Lugal said, blacks were treated better in New Orleans than anywhere else in the South (and better than many places in the North).  Blacks were assumed to be Free rather than the other way around, and were fairly integrated in NO society.

• Love 3
On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:27 PM, legaleagle53 said:

Nick Zano warned everyone on Twitter today to be ready for "maximum insanity" on Monday, and he wasn't kidding.  Just when I think this show couldn't be any more off-the-wall bonkers, I get proven wrong -- and I'm here for all of it!

LOT takes your "Elseworlds" and says "yeah that's just a normal episode for us come see the real "Elseworlds", and it's awesome because we know and love every single one of our characters!"

• Love 3

The show got on AV Club's Best TV of 2018 list at number 21.  Really enjoyed the write-up for it:

There are destructive forces at work in the world, pillars of darkness that threaten to tear down the spirit, fracture communities, and sour all life’s sweetness. Faced with such a force, the B-list superheroes of DC’S Legends Of Tomorrow did what all such teams do when an unconquerable foe rises: They fused, like Voltron, to become a giant, lethal version of a Tickle Me Elmo knockoff called Beebo who, by the way, was also once a Viking god. What makes Legends one of television’s purest giddy pleasures isn’t merely its willingness to take the weirdest, silliest, most entertaining paths onto which it stumbles—though it always does, and god bless it. It’s that all that silly weirdness springs from the emotional lives of its characters, a gang of rogues and misfits who’ve embraced the idea that they’re destined to screw things up for the better. In doing so, Legends Of Tomorrow has managed to succeed where so many other superhero shows have failed: It argues, most winningly, that people can’t be shoved into boxes marked “good” or “evil,” and that it’s utter foolishness to assume that a noble cause can’t also be a damned good time. [Allison Shoemaker]

I actually think they nailed why this show works as well as it does.  It isn't just the wacky hijinks or far-out moments; which, don't get me wrong, are certainly awesome in their own rights; but how a lot of the craziness comes from the characters themselves and how they react to whatever insanity is sprung on them.  Despite the goofiness and hilarity, I actually think that this show is the best out of the D.C. line-up, when it comes to actually writing their characters and having them react naturally (in their own way!), instead just being shoved into saying or doing things to make plots or stories work.  I honestly can't think of many times where I ever felt like someone was written out of character or did something they normally wouldn't.  I think that is why it has easily become my favorite.

Now if only more people would watch it...

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 8

The Monday ratings seem to be delayed for some reason, but here are the unrounded final Live+SD numbers for last week (link):

Here were the un-rounded FINALS for the CW shows last week (Dec. 3-9):

The Flash ..................................... 0.688
The Flash special (Sunday) ......... 0.665 [Elseworlds Part 1]
Supernatural ................................ 0.490
Arrow ........................................... 0.458
Legacies ...................................... 0.390
Riverdale ..................................... 0.388
Legends of Tomorrow ............ 0.313
Black Lightning ............................ 0.303
Charmed ...................................... 0.298
All American ................................. 0.243
Dynasty ........................................ 0.150
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend ...................... 0.119

Lol yeah. Would be interesting to see what the half-hours look like (whether people tuned out at the second half or not), but they didn’t get posted today. Never mind, here they are (link):

Arrow ............................................... 0.747 ... (0.760 ... 0.735)
Legends of Tomorrow ...................... 0.417 ... (0.446 ... 0.387)

Edited by Starfish35

CW Live+7 Ratings for the week of November 26 - December 2 (Programming Insider):

• The Flash - 1.22, 3.225 million.
  • Riverdale - 0.89, 2.280 million.
  • Supernatural - 0.75, 2.390 million.
  • Arrow - 0.73, 2.117 million.
  • Supergirl - 0.71, 2.262 million.
  • Charmed - 0.62, 1.780 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.62, 1.763 million. (#406 - Tender is the Nate)
  • Black Lightning - 0.58, 1.692 million.
  • Legacies - 0.57, 1.738 million.
  • All American - 0.40, 1.176 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.26*, 0.895 million.
  • Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - 0.26, 0.676 million.

*Not on Top 40 report.

On 12/13/2018 at 11:46 PM, jhlipton said:

I **LOVE** your art but you need to do waaaaaay more LoT!!!  Best show in the Flarrowverse!

I can’t take credit for these. I can barely draw stick figures. It’s a guy named Lord Mesa and I follow him on Instagram. He sells these pieces so I’m not sure if sales have anything to do with which shows get more attention.

• Love 1

Here were the un-rounded FINALS for last week's CW series (Dec. 10-16):

Arrow ............................. 0.774
Supergirl (Tuesday) ....... 0.772
Supernatural .................. 0.428
Legends of Tomorrow . 0.414
Riverdale ....................... 0.404
Black Lightning .............. 0.354
Legacies ........................ 0.322
All American .................. 0.245

Source

CW Live+7 Ratings for the week of December 3-9 (Programming Insider)

• The Flash (S) - 1.34, 3.508 million [Elseworlds Part 1].
  • The Flash - 1.30, 3.233 million.
  • Riverdale - 0.85, 2.136 million.
  • Arrow - 0.81, 2.236 million. 
  • Supernatural - 0.80, 2.368 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.63, 1.782 million. (#407 - Hell No, Dolly!)
  • Legacies - 0.61*, 1.826 million.
  • Charmed - 0.57, 1.668 million.
  • Black Lightning - 0.56, 1.567 million.
  • All American - 0.36*, 1.063 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.22*, 0.814 million.
  • Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - 0.19, 0.542 million.

*Not on top 40 report. 

I’m not sure when the report for December 10-16 will be out, due to the holidays, but I’ll keep an eye out for it.

• Love 1

Live+7 Ratings for the week of December 10-16 (Programming Insider):

• Arrow - 1.29, 3.462 million [Elseworlds Part 2]
  • Supergirl (S) - 1.27, 3.529 million [Elseworlds Part 3].
  • Riverdale - 0.90, 2.283 million.
  • Supernatural - 0.73, 2.228 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.67, 1.843 million. (#408 - Legends of To-Meow-Meow)
  • Legacies - 0.58, 1.764 million.
  • Black Lightning - 0.58, 1.702 million.
  • All American - 0.37, 1.047 million.
Edited by Starfish35

Voted one of io9's 10 best shows of 2018

Every time someone asks us whether they should watch Legends of Tomorrow, they always get the same answer: “Why the hell aren’t you watching it already?!” The first season of Legends of Tomorrow may have been so-so, but the CW DC show has quickly grown into one of the coolest superhero tales on TV, largely because it’s a show that knows how to have fun. Legends doesn’t care when it pokes holes into its plot or contradicts itself—hell, it embraces its own absurdity. It brings fans into an experience that isn’t always logical, but is always entertaining and makes them feel part of something special. Come on, the third season ended with a demon fighting a giant blue knockoff of Tickle Me Elmo! Truly, there’s nothing greater in this world.

• Love 8

New Matt Ryan interview. He mentions some potential spoilers:

http://sciencefiction.com/2019/01/07/matt-ryan-constantine/

Here's what he says about the shows scheduling:

While Ryan and the rest of the cast of ‘Legends’ wrap shooting season 4 on January 25, fans of the show won’t see new episodes until April. According to Ryan, it’s just a scheduling thing with the CW and fans shouldn’t get worried.

“From what I’m hearing is that it’s all fine, it’s just scheduling issues they’re having for whatever reasons, which is above my pay grade and I don’t really know,” Ryan said. “But it seems that everyone at the studio loves the show and it looks like, hopefully, it’ll get picked up for season 5. I can’t see why it wouldn’t be.”

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 5

The critics love the show, so hopefully that is kept in mind as well.

All the hero shows were feeling to samey to me. Aren't we over dark and gritty, yet.  I like LoT because its not like the rest of them. LoT shows the fun and ridiculous side of being a super hero. LoT deals with serious issues as well, but makes it so it's not a complete downer all the time. 

John is a lot like Oliver (and all the other heroes) with acting like an ass to push people away in a dumb attempt to keep the safe. Unlike the other shows the Legends don't care and will still help because that is what a team does. Plus they have all acted like asses at one point and tried to do their own thing and the team rallied behind them. They don't judge. 

• Love 5