Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

That is a brilliant idea. No one reads the small print so you could get a lot of souls that way.

I’m really hoping that clip is the only time Zari and Nate interact this episode. I’m sure it won’t be but a girl can dream.  

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

I feel like the question is unnecessarily complicated. Did anyone get the answer right?

Nope, three way miss. No one even attempted to ring in.

By the way, it was a $2000 clue, and the category was called I Need A Superhero 

• Love 4

CW Live+7 Ratings for the week of April 22-28 (Top 40 Report)

• The Flash - 1.01, 2.835 million.
  •  Supernatural - 0.64, 2.162 million (Season 14 finale).
  • Jane the Virgin - 0.58, 1.337 million.
  • Supergirl - 0.54, 1.867 million.
  • Riverdale - 0.52, 1.415 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.48, 1.478 million (#412 - The Eggplant, the Witch & the Wardrobe).
  • Arrow - 0.45, 1.340 million.
  • Roswell NM - 0.42, 1.648 million (Season 1 finale).
  • Charmed - 0.38, 1.303 million.
  • In The Dark - 0.26, 1.050 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.20, 0.679 million.

Live+SD ratings for comparison:

• The Flash - 0.55, 1.628 million.
  • Supernatural - 0.30, 1.304 million.
  • Supergirl - 0.29, 1.139 million.
  • Roswell NM - 0.25, 1.027 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.24, 0.854 million.
  • Riverdale - 0.24, 0.710 million.
  • Jane the Virgin - 0.21, 0.583 million.
  • Arrow - 0.20, 0.705 million.
  • In The Dark - 0.19, 0.747 million.
  • Charmed - 0.18, 0.711 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.15, 0.490 million.

Links to ratings reports:

**All information from Programming Insider**

• Love 1

I’m annoyed that the Legends dressing up as the other heroes was spoiled in the mid-season trailer. The scene doesn’t even happen until the finale. It would have been a great reveal.

I’m glad to see the Legends in their outfits again. I understand why they don’t suit up as often as the other shows but I feel like there has to be a middle ground between once an episode and once a season.

• Love 1
(edited)

I would normally be upset but this season had been disappointing so I'm not that upset. I hope the extra time makes the write a better season 5. 

I'm wondering if this frees up CL to be in a few episodes of Arrow's final season. It appears she'll be in the crossover since White Canary was named in the news article that appeared at the end of the Flash finale. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

The Legends better be part of Crisis and I suspect they will be.  Crisis should be all hands on deck.  It wouldn't feel like the ultimate crossover without them.

I'm all right with them being held to midseason for two reasons.  One, that means we'll get an uninterrupted season.  No four month break.  Also, I think the back half of Season 4 was a decline for Legends and this will give them a chance to fix that.

• Love 1

They can only fix it if they recognize the problems, though, and I’m not sure they do.  ☹️

I know it sounds like I’m really down on the show right now.  I’m just frustrated and disappointed with how this season has turned out. But I’m not going to stop watching or supporting it anytime soon.  I just really hope they do better next season.  

And yes, I’m not going to be happy if they’re not part of COIE, but at this point I’m not getting my expectations up.

• Love 2

I'm not upset with the push to midseason since I kind of expected it ever since we knew Batwoman was coming. And frankly, I've been disappointed with the last 2 seasons, so the long wait is fine with me.

What I really hope is this means Caity gets to shoot multiple episodes of Arrow, crossover or not. I'm pleasantly surprised by the way she was written in the 2 episodes she was in. 

• Love 1

At a minimum we know Sara will take part thanks to Flash's finale. I assume everyone else will be too since they each contribute in their own way but it may be like Earth-X and only Sara (and, say Zari and Ray) gets a prominent role in the story while everyone else joins the final battle.

• Useful 1

My reaction: "What do you people [the CW] have against fun?!?"

I'm guessing that the season doesn't start until after Crisis, with the team plugged into that event. Come on, how about ten versions of Mick trapped in a room with each other, communicating by just growling?

• Love 2

I'm not sure why Caity would be apart of Arrow, Flash, or Crisis. She'll still be busy filming Legends.

I feel wiped out at this point. Im no longer looking forward to any of the CW shows. As disappointing as Legends has been this year, it deserved better than this.

2 minutes ago, lurker22 said:

And frankly, I've been disappointed with the last 2 seasons

I feel like the show’s high point (for me anyway) was the second half of season two through the first half of season three.  Beebo aside, I was already starting to get a bit frustrated during the second half of last season.  I do think the first half of this season was mostly stronger than the second half has been, but, yeah.  This season has been a disappointment in several ways. 😕  Here’s hoping they get back to basics next season. 

• Love 1

LOT being midseason probably means that they won't start shooting until the fall. I'd actually prefer they keep their normal shooting schedule and have the season done by the time it airs like they do with non-network television but I doubt it. This will free up the actors to shoot Crisis and any guest spots on the other shows (while I also want to see Sara on Arrow my guess is that the main goal would be to help set up Crisis and remind viewers that LOT is still to come).

13 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I feel like the show’s high point (for me anyway) was the second half of season two through the first half of season three.  Beebo aside, I was already starting to get a bit frustrated during the second half of last season.  I do think the first half of this season was mostly stronger than the second half has been, but, yeah.  This season has been a disappointment in several ways. 😕  Here’s hoping they get back to basics next season. 

As a Sara fan, Season 2 was my favorite, because there was a very clear arc for her from the beginning to the end. Plus, she had awesome fight scenes almost every episode with different, cool weapons. There wasn't any clear arc for Sara in S3/4, other than finding/keeping a love interest. Phil Klemmer's interviews about Sara were almost exclusively about how she was getting a love interest. And she barely fought in S3/4 (though the death witch fight was pretty cool).

As a casual fan, I enjoyed both seasons. But like Arizona Robbins once said on Grey's Anatomy, they were like "candy, eat it and forget about it" kind of episodes for me. So I wouldn't have given much more thought to them after they aired. My bar is set way, way lower for shows I'm a casual fan of.

I do want them to get away from the magical stuff and go back to time traveling and historical figures though  because I think that's where the Legends are the most effective and interesting.

• Love 3

Sara is most likely in Crisis since White Canary was in the news article that was shown on the Flash. 

If they knew they were part of the crossover this year then the schedule would've included the crossover. 

CL filmed the Invasion and Earth X crossovers while filming Legends. If she plays a bigger part, she'll just have a reduced role in a Legends episode. Which is easier then before since she barely does anything now. 

Sara probably won't get much of a storyline in Crisis but hopefully she'll have some awesome fight scenes. 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, lurker22 said:

As a Sara fan, Season 2 was my favorite, because there was a very clear arc for her from the beginning to the end. Plus, she had awesome fight scenes almost every episode with different, cool weapons.

Yes, season two was definitely the best for Sara.  I would like to move back to that.  I do think season three had some great Captain Lance moments though, particularly in the first half, and I enjoyed that.  These days it feels like we’re not even getting much of that. 😕

• Love 1

I hate The Legends as Time Bureau agents. I hate that bureau as a centric part of the show. 

I hate Mona as a centric part of the show. She needs to go with Magic. Wolfie is altogether bad. 

And Yes there hasn't been a good fight all season. It's all chats, a few pushes and characters being knocked into the air. That's the part I hate the most. We haven't just lost the superheros, we have lost true choreographed fight scenes. 

I don't have an issue with Legends being mid season. I think it has hold its own returning from the break. 

Although I probably won't add Batwoman to my viewing. I only watch Arrow and Legends. I'll catch up with The Flash. I do watch Black Lightning but on Netflix.

• Love 4

I've been okay with this season, even with Mona and Gary being Gary. I look forward to the episodes because I know that I'll be laughing. And with Gotham bowing out, LoT should be the de facto "don't give a fuck" comic-based series on TV.

• Love 2
(edited)

TV Line has more info:

https://tvline.com/2019/05/16/arrowverses-crisis-on-infinite-earths-crossover-schedule-legends/

The Legends of Tomorrow might not return with Season 5 until the year 2020, but they will be a part of the Arrowverse’s next crossover.

The CW president Mark Pedowitz announced on Thursday at the network’s Upfront presentation that the “Crisis on Infinite Earths” team-up event will be told in five parts over two quarters — meaning, it will start in December and then conclude early in the new year, following the midseason break.

TVLine has since confirmed with sources that the five shows taking part in the crossover will be Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman (which premieres this fall) and Legends. Three of the five parts will air in December, and the other two — including an episode of Legends, which this year premieres at midseason — will follow in early 2020. (It is unclear at this time what the second show airing its crossover episode in the new year will be.)

Edited by Proteus
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

It sounds to me like LoT’s first episode of season 5 will be part of COIE. So I’m curious to see how this season ends.

Yeah, the timing makes it seem like the finale will lead directly into COIE, and then season 5 will spin out from that.  But the upfronts season synopsis makes it sound like

Spoiler

there will be a cliffhanger

leading directly into season 5, so I don’t know where COIE fits into that scenario.  Hopefully we’ll get more info next week after the finale.

CW Live+7 Ratings for the week of April 29-May 5 (Top 40 Report)

• The Flash - 0.97, 2.624 million.*
  • The 100 - 0.61, 1.690 million (Season 6 premiere).
  • Jane the Virgin - 0.58, 1.315 million.
  • Riverdale - 0.51, 1.356 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.50, 1.482 million (#413 - Egg MacGuffin).
  • Supergirl - 0.45, 1.576 million.
  • Arrow - 0.40, 1.261 million.
  • iZombie - 0.40, 1.158 million (Season 5 premiere).
  • Charmed - 0.30, 0.991 million.
  • In The Dark - 0.20, 0.772 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.17, 0.597 million.

Live+SD Ratings for comparison:

• The Flash - 0.48, 1.369 million.*
  • The 100 - 0.30, 0.865 million.
  • Supergirl - 0.28, 1.051 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.28, 0.905 million.
  • Riverdale - 0.24, 0.703 million.
  • Jane the Virgin - 0.23, 0.603 million.
  • iZombie - 0.22, 0.726 million.
  • Arrow - 0.18, 0.637 million.
  • Charmed - 0.17, 0.584 million.
  • In The Dark - 0.14, 0.502 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.11, 0.392 million.

Links to ratings reports:

*The report has this episode listed as a rerun (R), but I’m fairly certain it was not.

**All information from Programming Insider**

It's weird seeing Legends near the top weren't the closer to the bottom for the first half? Which i thought was slightly better. But I guess others are enjoying the second half. 

(edited)

Well, it has dropped some.  They got a 0.71 for the premiere (in Live+7).  I think it’s just that some of the other shows have dived more than Legends has.  I know Arrow has dropped more than 50% in the Live+7 ratings from the beginning of the season.  And Supergirl dropped from a 0.54 last week to a 0.45 this week - don’t know what’s going on there. 

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

I don't normally count premires those are always higher. Legends has stayed pretty steady during its run after the initial drop off. That's probably why it gets picked up.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3
(edited)

Season-to-date:

• #401: Live+SD - 0.32, 0.996 million.  Live+7 - 0.71, 2.031 million. 
  • #402: Live+SD - 0.32, 0.943 million.  Live+7 - 0.63, 1.820 million.
  • #403: Live+SD - 0.26, 0.859 million.  Live+7 - 0.61, 1.793 million.
  • #404: Live+SD - 0.27, 0.899 million. Live+7 - 0.56, 1.652 million.
  • #405: Live+SD - 0.29, 0.907 million. Live+7 - 0.60, 1.747 million.
  • #406: Live+SD - 0.30, 0.973 million. Live+7 - 0.62, 1.763 million.
  • #407: Live+SD - 0.31, 0.934 million. Live+7 - 0.63, 1.782 million.
  • #408: Live+SD - 0.41, 1.097 million. Live+7 - 0.67, 1.843 million.
  • #409: Live+SD - 0.25, 0.917 million. Live+7 - 0.54, 1.656 million.
  • #410: Live+SD - 0.29, 0.947 million. Live+7 - 0.52, 1.575 million.
  • #411: Live+SD - 0.27, 0.978 million. Live+7 - 0.51, 1.566 million.
  • #412: Live+SD - 0.24, 0.854 million. Live+7 - 0.48, 1.478 million.
  • #413: Live+SD - 0.28, 0.905 million. Live+7 - 0.50, 1.482 million
  • #414: Live+SD - 0.26, 0.937 million.  Live+7 - 0.46, 1.507 million.
  • #415: Live+SD - 0.26, 0.987 million.  Live+7 - not yet available.

Looking at this, it does look like it has been remarkably steady in Live+SD.  The Live+7 ratings have taken a hit since the break though - not sure what to make of that.

Edited by Starfish35
On 5/17/2019 at 12:22 AM, Starfish35 said:

Yes, season two was definitely the best for Sara.  I would like to move back to that.  I do think season three had some great Captain Lance moments though, particularly in the first half, and I enjoyed that.  These days it feels like we’re not even getting much of that. 😕

I hardly remembered what Sara did in S3, other than the asylum episode and the Death witch episode. My expectations were set much lower for S4 after S3, but it can still be frustrating to watch sometimes.

On 5/16/2019 at 8:09 PM, BaggythePanther said:

My biggest worry is that the writers didn’t know they’d be pushed back to mid-season and wrote the finale with the assumption they wouldn’t have to deal with COIE until episode 8 or 9.

I think there's zero chance that that happened.  Given what they already learned logistics-wise from CoEX, I'm sure that Greg, Sarah, the individual showrunners and Pedowitz had already sketched out how things were going to work back when they were working up Elseworlds.

I also wonder about Black Lightning.  Obviously the show itself won't be in the crossover mix, but that show has also historically been very vague about which Earth it's set on with random mentions of Supergirl, etc.  I'd personally love to see the Pierce family fighting alongside the others.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MarkHB said:

I also wonder about Black Lightning.  Obviously the show itself won't be in the crossover mix, but that show has also historically been very vague about which Earth it's set on with random mentions of Supergirl, etc.  I'd personally love to see the Pierce family fighting alongside the others.

Responding in the Crisis thread.

• Love 1