Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

I love how Sara dioesn't waste even a nanosecond wondering about how Nora is on the ship.  She just great her as a resource for getting Ava back.  And, yes, "woman the ship" is awesome.

Pics for #414 “Nip/Stuck”, and an updated description:

WHAT WOULD RAY DO? — With Constantine (Matt Ryan) missing, the Legends struggle to find a way to track him.  When Sara (Caity Lotz) hesitates to make a tough call, Rory (Dominic Purcell) steps up creating a wedge in the team.  Meanwhile, Ava (Jes Macallan) gives Gary (guest star Adam Tsekhman) the responsibility of handling the Bureau performance reviews for all the Agents.  Brandon Routh, Courtney Ford, Nick Zano, Maisie Richarson-Sellers, Tala Ashe, Ramona Young also star. David Geddes directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt & Matthew Maala (#414).  Original airdate 5/6/2019.

Source: DCLegendsTV.  Pics also available in the TVLine Season 4 Gallery.

C36C0E0F-51D8-44F5-8638-7F71A71BB509.jpeg

90FE10F2-55F3-4E0A-9A4A-894A0B095E1A.jpeg

EC9B4A7F-0FE3-4C16-B948-A3AFAB9A14C0.jpeg

AA44BCF6-BA07-4EBB-991F-611C9FF2C700.jpeg

A2AB7A48-7597-486A-8E67-1B736B8E96F7.jpeg

C3D387F6-2A0E-44D9-831F-92A993538D13.jpeg

E516D7D2-CAE8-4A6A-91CA-ACFFDE126DBC.jpeg

590805D1-F127-4ECF-8557-059700738E29.jpeg

16BEAA80-381C-46C1-8172-CB75EC56367D.jpeg

• Love 1

I was rewatching last night’s episode, and I noticed that Matt Ryan was credited as “Special Appearance by”.  Is that new, or has he been credited that way all season and I just haven’t been paying attention?  

13 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I was rewatching last night’s episode, and I noticed that Matt Ryan was credited as “Special Appearance by”.  Is that new, or has he been credited that way all season and I just haven’t been paying attention?  

He's been credited that way all season long.

They are really pushing this Nate and Zari thing. The scripted relationships are usually the ones I'm not interested in. They didn't even seem at all interested in each other last season or the beginning of this season. 

• Love 3

Nate and Zari are possibly the most forced romance this show has ever done. I like them both but not together.  Why does Nate even need a love interest with all that's happened with him this season.

• Love 3

Somehow I think (or maybe hope is more accurate) that by the writers acknowledging that it's forced - Sara making them go on a mission together, Nate and Zari being confused about it, Ava asking if she's willing to risk everything to put them together - that this will be the end of that relationship being pushed as romantic. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, shantown said:

omehow I think (or maybe hope is more accurate) that by the writers acknowledging that it's forced - Sara making them go on a mission together, Nate and Zari being confused about it, Ava asking if she's willing to risk everything to put them together - that this will be the end of that relationship being pushed as romantic.

Well, let's hope so.

• Love 1
On Saturday, April 27, 2019 at 11:22 AM, AngelKitty said:

Well, let's hope so.

Given Klemmer's enthusiasm for the pairing I think not. Even though Amaya is gone and living her life it would still be squishy to me to date a really good friend's boyfriend who were in love less than a year afterwards. It's even more forced than that Nate/Amaya pairing was. Meanwhile Ray and Nora have good chemistry, best BR has had on screen in the Arrowverse certainly,  and they probably won't happen. Sigh. I used to think everyone pushing them wad a sign the characters would say "no thanks" but now it's often a cheap way for the writers to get the viewers to agree. You know they want people to adopt Mona's ship names. I hate it when shows try to decide that, even with couples I like. And worse before the show even premieres.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Featherhat said:

they want people to adopt Mona's ship names.

Yeah, that’s interesting.  I’ve actually seen Steelhacker most often on Tumblr, not...what was it, Natari?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

Yeah, that’s interesting.  I’ve actually seen Steelhacker most often on Tumblr, not...what was it, Natari?

I prefer that to Natari but I haven't been looking around Tumblr. Shows increasingly have characters outright say that ship their friends (seriously do even the most hardcore of shippers say that IRL?) and pick ship names for them  Sometimes to say "you should love this couple" sometimes to mock fandom. A lot of the time the official SM accounts etc try and get them to use it which often leads the fandom to go with something completely different on purpose.

Edited by Featherhat
added a bit
  • Love 2
On 4/26/2019 at 8:35 PM, Oreo2234 said:

Nate and Zari are possibly the most forced romance this show has ever done. I like them both but not together.  Why does Nate even need a love interest with all that's happened with him this season.

Its apparent hes the character that has to be banging someone every season. The Magical Stud that out of nowhere can get a Woman who had no interest in him before suddenly want him after pretending to be his GF and a BS "Sexually Charged" tie straightening moment SMH

• Love 1

Oh dear lord.  This quote from the tvline interview:

The first episode of May Sweeps — titled “Egg MacGuffin” and airing Monday at 8/7c “is sort of the culmination of the Nate and Zari romance that we’ve been teasing for quite a while now,” showrunner Phil Klemmer shares.

Is just... whut?  Teasing for quite a while?  The Nate/Zari thing came out of nowhere like two episodes ago!  This is such a gaslight.

• Love 3

From CW:

DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

“Terms of Service” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

SELLING THEIR SOULS — With things getting out of control, Sara (Caity Lotz) and Ava (Jes Macallan) concoct a bold plan to take back the Time Bureau.   But when things go awry, Zari (Tala Ashe) and Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) must work together to discover what Neron is planning.  Elsewhere, Constantine (Matt Ryan), is given a tough choice on who to save from Hell.  Ramona Young, Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano and Courtney Ford also star.

April Mullen directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Ubah Mohamed (#415). 

Original airdate 5/13/2019.

SOURCE: 

CW

Uhgg I don't care about the Time Bureau. I hope we drop it next season or limit their involvement in the overall story. 

This season has been so meh and that's because the focus is not on the Legends working together. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

This season has been so meh and that's because the focus is not on the Legends working together. 

Yeah this whole "magical creatures" thing meant more focus on the creatures and less on the characters - but the characters are the main draw here. It was funny and felt relevant at first (the unicorn, Tagumo) but I don't think it makes enough sense to support an entire season. I am curious what the reason for having to time travel in season 5 will be and hope it's a return to a team focus more. 

• Love 1

Is it bad that my first thought was ‘I hope those two guys will be getting rid of Mona’?

I thought this was supposed to be a Charlie/Zari plot, why is Nate there? Normally I’d be all for him helping to save Ray but I just want Nate and Zari to spend some time apart. 

Looks like Gary doesn’t stay evil for long.

• Love 2
(edited)

So Nurons plan was to become Elon Musk? 

At least they are all on the ship. Maybe we'll finally get to see the Legends again. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

I feel bad for Ramona Young when reading this. I just wish the character were better conceived. From her Twitter:

·

2h

#LegendsOfTomorrow I am aware that Mona gets a bad rep sometimes. I just want to say that i love the and respect the show and all the fans. I hear what you hafta say. If u give me the chance. Ill continue to do better, bcuz i really care.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I feel bad for Ramona Young when reading this. I just wish the character were better conceived. From her Twitter:

·

2h

#LegendsOfTomorrow I am aware that Mona gets a bad rep sometimes. I just want to say that i love the and respect the show and all the fans. I hear what you hafta say. If u give me the chance. Ill continue to do better, bcuz i really care.

Yeah I hope no one is directing hate at her directly. I’m sure as a person she’s just fine. It’s the character that’s awful and unnecessary, which she has no control over. Lots of people want the character gone no matter how great the actress may be, which has to be tough for her to read 

• Love 3

CW Live+7 Ratings for the week of April 15-21 (Top 40 Report)

• The Flash - 0.99, 2.727 million.
  • Supernatural - 0.68, 2.113 million.
  • Jane the Virgin - 0.58, 1.375 million.
  • Supergirl - 0.52, 1.699 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.51, 1.566 million (#411 - Séance and Sensibility)
  • Riverdale - 0.50, 1.437 million.
  • Arrow - 0.47, 1.357 million. 
  • Roswell NM - 0.43, 1.612 million.
  • Charmed - 0.41, 1.278 million.
  • In The Dark - 0.24, 0.986 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.23, 0.737 million.

Live+SD Ratings for comparison:

• The Flash - 0.47, 1.356 million.
  • Supernatural - 0.35, 1.284 million.
  • Supergirl - 0.29, 0.995 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.27, 0.978 million.
  • Roswell NM - 0.24, 0.930 million.
  • Riverdale - 0.24, 0.799 million.
  • Jane the Virgin - 0.24, 0.686 million.
  • Arrow - 0.22, 0.715 million.
  • Charmed - 0.18, 0.666 million.
  • In The Dark - 0.17, 0.637 million.
  • Dynasty- 0.16, 0.551 million.

Links to ratings reports:

*All information from Programming Insider*

Will post the prior two weeks soon, but wanted to post the most recent report first.

CW Live+7 Ratings for the week of April 1-7 (Top 40 Report)

• Supernatural - 0.71, 2.173 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.54, 1.656 million (#409 - Lucha De Apuestas).
  • Jane the Virgin - 0.52, 1.221 million.
  • In The Dark - 0.30, 1.223 million (Series Premiere).
  • Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - 0.24, 0.665 million (Series Finale).

• Supernatural - 0.33, 1.249 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.25, 0.917 million.
  • Jane the Virgin - 0.23 - 0.610 million.
  • In The Dark - 0.22, 0.867 million.
  • Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - 0.15, 0.499 million.

*All information from Programming Insider.  Reruns and special programming not listed.*

• Love 1

CW Live+7 Ratings for the week of April 8-14 (Top 40 Report)

• Supernatural - 0.70, 2.227 million.
  • Jane the Virgin - 0.63, 1.434 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.52, 1.575 million (#410 - The Getaway)
  • Roswell NM - 0.38, 1.486 million. 
  • In The Dark - 0.25, 1.049 million.

• Supernatural - 0.44, 1.480 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.29, 0.947 million.
  • Roswell NM - 0.21, 0.826 million.
  • Jane the Virgin - 0.21, 0.610 million.
  • In The Dark - 0.17, 0.724 million.

*All information from Programming Insider.  Reruns and special programming not listed.*

• Love 1
(edited)

From CW:

“Hey, World!” 

SEASON FINALE — While on a mission to find Ray (Brandon Routh), Constantine (Matt Ryan) and Nora (Courtney Ford) discover Neron’s evil plan.  Nate (Nick Zano) convinces the Legends to think outside the box and suggests a dangerous plan to unite magical creatures and people to save the world.  Caity Lotz, Dominic Purcell, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan and Ramona Young also star. Kevin Mock directed the episode written by Phil Klemmer & Keto Shimizu (#416).  Original airdate 5/20/2019.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1

Sounds from RY that she'll be staying around next season, though the theme (better won't) be magic based on the changing themes every season. RY  isn't the problem, she's doing fine with what they want the character to be. It just so happens that character is the LOT equivalent of the "quirky (bit manic) Pixie Dream Girl." LOTHAS never been at its best with romantic pairings and Mona is almost exclusively involved with them in one form or another.  Then there was too much of her too soon and decrease of the Legends together. A naive younger character is okay but they piled on too much with her. It happens with Ray a lot as well but BR can pull it back more. I don't care about her Konane pain, I hate the idea of Nate/Zari so her shipping of it is annoying ( and it's always cringy when writers ape fandom on screen whatever the motivation). I don't like that the team ends up treating her with kid gloves either.

I kind of assume Constantine won't be a regular next season if magic isn't around. Do we have anything specific about that yet?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Featherhat said:

I kind of assume Constantine won't be a regular next season if magic isn't around. Do we have anything specific about that yet?

Take it with a giant grain of salt, but I saw a tweet from someone who attended a comic con and talked to Matt Ryan. They said Matt would be coming back next season and TPTB are also interested in a Constantine show. Unfortunately I can't find the tweet now. There's another tweet that said Matt said next season would be 13 episodes instead of 16. Again, don't know how true that is.

I really hope we don't get yet another season of magic when we already have 2. I want to see Sara actually get to fight and be the kickass Sara Lance I remember her to be.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, lurker22 said:

Take it with a giant grain of salt, but I saw a tweet from someone who attended a comic con and talked to Matt Ryan. They said Matt would be coming back next season and TPTB are also interested in a Constantine show. Unfortunately I can't find the tweet now. There's another tweet that said Matt said next season would be 13 episodes instead of 16. Again, don't know how true that is.

I really hope we don't get yet another season of magic when we already have 2. I want to see Sara actually get to fight and be the kickass Sara Lance I remember her to be.

I don't buy most of that and I did see people posting what this fan claimed (The fan has made false claims before of what they've said they've been told) MR said back in March. There's no way he'd know episode order that early.

Anyway, here's a cute picture:

• Love 2