Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

I just figured the bill came from the cleanup that arises from their time-saving. They are a chainsaw after all. They themselves may not be expensive, but when you and all your fellow Time Bureau agents are rebuilding the Berlin Wall when it was knocked down at the wrong time and chasing dinosaurs out of L.A. and flashy-thinging boatloads of innocent bystanders, you're probably racking up quite a bill that is directly attributable to the Waverider and her crew.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

I just figured the bill came from the cleanup that arises from their time-saving. They are a chainsaw after all. They themselves may not be expensive, but when you and all your fellow Time Bureau agents are rebuilding the Berlin Wall when it was knocked down at the wrong time and chasing dinosaurs out of L.A. and flashy-thinging boatloads of innocent bystanders, you're probably racking up quite a bill that is directly attributable to the Waverider and her crew.

I could accept that explanation. 😂

From TVLine’s TV Questions column today (link):

11 | What do we have to do to get The CW/Warner Bros. TV to release Mick’s novel from Legends of Tomorrow? (Also, ahem — a Beebo plush is still at the top of our holiday wish list.)

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, shantown said:

I think it's interesting that Mick, Sara, and Ray - our only three remaining originals - are the only three in their superhero gear. 

Well, to be fair, they're the only ones who really have "superhero gear."  John Constantine is in the suit that is his "costume."  Leaving aside the one episode last year ("Phone Home") where they all dressed up in full superhero duds, most of the other Legends wear normal clothing or period outfits.  Even Mick and Sara do that.  Ray generally only wears his "superhero outfit" when he needs to be "super" because his suit is what gives him his "powers."

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, johntfs said:

Well, to be fair, they're the only ones who really have "superhero gear."  John Constantine is in the suit that is his "costume."  Leaving aside the one episode last year ("Phone Home") where they all dressed up in full superhero duds, most of the other Legends wear normal clothing or period outfits.  Even Mick and Sara do that.  Ray generally wears his "superhero outfits" because his suit is what gives him his "powers."

And most of the time, even Ray wears normal clothes or period outfits.  He really only wears his power suit when he has to function as the Atom.

• Love 1

Agreed, johntfs. I was more thinking along the lines that the show has been moving away from the superhero angle, but when it started they were all some sort of costumed metahuman/vigilante. Now their powers come more from magic, or amulets, or just a combo of brains/fight training. It's weird to see Ray, Sara, and Mick in their superhero costumes when they really never wear them on the show anymore.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, johntfs said:

Well, to be fair, they're the only ones who really have "superhero gear."  John Constantine is in the suit that is his "costume."  Leaving aside the one episode last year ("Phone Home") where they all dressed up in full superhero duds, most of the other Legends wear normal clothing or period outfits.  Even Mick and Sara do that.  Ray generally only wears his "superhero outfit" when he needs to be "super" because his suit is what gives him his "powers."

Nate has his Citizen Steel “superhero outfit” and up until now he was wearing it on every promo poster. I find it interesting that they’ve transitioned him to regular clothing, but are still using a picture of Zari in a superhero outfit she wore once last season as part of the crossover.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Thanks for the preview, Starfish! Though why would the Legends need money to pay for period costumes - I thought Gideon fabricated everything they need right on the Waverider. *sideeye*

Same here.  I have a feeling this is going to  annoy me.   The clothing fabrication thing was established back in S1 - I don’t see any reason to retcon that for a budget joke.

• Love 4

Yeah, Gideon fabricates anything physical they need, including food (Rip would have starved to death in Doomworld  otherwise).   I don't think it's been stated, but logically she should be able to fabricate any period currency as well.   If they had to rely on funding, how did they operate in season 2 (no Time Masters and no time Bureau) and season 3 (when they weren't working for the Time Bureau).   The whole thing makes no sense.  I know it's the goofiest stepchild of the comic book shows, but this is still too much of stretch.  

• Love 4

My sister had a friend whose mother kept a bunch of dolls all over their house, I picked her up at the door once and never did that again.  One or two dolls are okay, a whole bunch of dolls are a big nope from me. Lol.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Maverick said:

Yeah, Gideon fabricates anything physical they need, including food (Rip would have starved to death in Doomworld  otherwise).   I don't think it's been stated, but logically she should be able to fabricate any period currency as well.   If they had to rely on funding, how did they operate in season 2 (no Time Masters and no time Bureau) and season 3 (when they weren't working for the Time Bureau).   The whole thing makes no sense.  I know it's the goofiest stepchild of the comic book shows, but this is still too much of stretch.  

They submitted it as period clothing because it was too complicated to explain to the government that it was actually for whatever raw material Gideon uses for fabricating that had been used up and needed replenishing over the course of the last  three years?  That's how I'm going to fanwank it.

• Love 4

DCLegendsTV has the pics for next week’s episode, #407 “Hell No, Dolly!”

RIPPLE EFFECT — With Rory (Dominic Purcell) and Ava (Jes Macallan) at odds, Sara (Caity Lotz) tries to come up with a way for them to get along, but all is put on hold when a new magical creature attacks the Legends. Constantine (Matt Ryan) is forced to confront his tragic past but it could have devastating consequences for the rest of the team. Meanwhile, Mona (Ramona Young) has a crush on someone she works with and gets some advice from Nate (Nick Zano). Brandon Routh, Tala Ashe, Maisie Richardson-Sellers also star. April Mullen directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Morgan Faust wrote the episode (#407). Original airdate 12/3/2018.

AB1AB402-DD00-43FC-9855-D0AE7760E95D.jpeg

6F1BF7D0-4D73-4982-A848-C8DFB857ECB4.jpeg

97B15842-4A68-471F-B4BE-33CA53A8041D.jpeg

62A8A562-4F2A-4176-9CE3-32337B0883D0.jpeg

03132D92-731A-41A2-B30A-1EDCB527A81D.jpeg

BAB6006F-4044-4C49-80D3-E561E3C2AB77.jpeg

95F26A85-986F-4581-8F7C-C730214CF36F.jpeg

43805DC7-25C0-4E3F-8C85-D202BDBE22D0.jpeg

1B3172A8-BB7C-40AC-BB9C-3EEEC03FD21A.jpeg

F583003A-839C-49C5-81E2-043892CF9741.jpeg

63C8A245-F8DD-4102-821B-680A01B3911E.jpeg

3D97CAD2-6E8B-4815-BA5F-4CB4801E519D.jpeg

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3

Charlie and Ray look especially nice in their period clothes this week! I wonder if this episode is partially a reference to Robert the Doll, a super creepy supposedly haunted doll that allegedly terrorized a family in the early 20th century? Of course, that was Key West, and not New Orleans, but this doll even looks like Robert the Doll! 

CW Live+7 ratings for the week of November 12-18. (Programming Insider)

• The Flash - 1.28, 3.230 million.
  • Riverdale - 0.87, 2.259 million.
  • Supernatural - 0.75, 2.334 million.
  • Arrow - 0.67, 1.939 million.
  • Supergirl - 0.65, 2.117 million.
  • Charmed - 0.62, 1.835 million.
  • Legacies - 0.57, 1.740 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.56, 1.652 million.  (#404 - Wet Hot American Bummer)
  • Black Lightning - 0.55, 1.589 million.
  • All American - 0.40*, 1.120 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.28, 0.899 million*.
  • Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - 0.27, 0.623 million.

*Not on Top 40 report.

From CW:

RROW
“Legends of To-Meow-Meow” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

IT’S THE RIGHT THING TO DO — After Constantine (Matt Ryan) breaks the cardinal Legend rule, you can’t change the past, he, along with Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) and Zari (Tala Ashe) try to deal with the ramifications without telling the rest of the Legends.  Even though Zari encourages them to just fix the problem, Constantine and Charlie are determined to find another way, but only continue to make things worse.  Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano, Ramona Young and Jes Macallan also star.  Ben Bray directed the episode written by James Eagan & Ray Utarnachitt (#408).  Original airdate 12/10

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Proteus said:

From CW:

RROW
“Legends of To-Meow-Meow” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

IT’S THE RIGHT THING TO DO — After Constantine (Matt Ryan) breaks the cardinal Legend rule, you can’t change the past, he, along with Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) and Zari (Tala Ashe) try to deal with the ramifications without telling the rest of the Legends.  Even though Zari encourages them to just fix the problem, Constantine and Charlie are determined to find another way, but only continue to make things worse.  Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano, Ramona Young and Jes Macallan also star.  Ben Bray directed the episode written by James Eagan & Ray Utarnachitt (#408).  Original airdate 12/10

With that title, there's gotta be cats involved and as an avid cat lover, this could turn out to be my favourite episode yet.

I hope the "making things worse" involves millions of cats.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Proteus said:

After Constantine (Matt Ryan) breaks the cardinal Legend rule, you can’t change the past,

Though to be fair, have any of the Legends not broken that rule at this point?

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

With that title, there's gotta be cats involved and as an avid cat lover, this could turn out to be my favourite episode yet.

Agreed on all counts.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

That would be awesome. 😸 But poor Ray!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Totally cool with that.

8 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

No argument from this corner.

Episode pics for #408 “Legends of To-Meow-Meow”, posted by DCLegendsTV and TVLine.

T’S THE RIGHT THING TO DO — After Constantine (Matt Ryan) breaks the cardinal Legend rule, you can’t change the past, he, along with Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) and Zari (Tala Ashe) try to deal with the ramifications without telling the rest of the Legends.  Even though Zari encourages them to just fix the problem, Constantine and Charlie are determined to find another way, but only continue to make things worse.  Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano, Ramona Young and Jes Macallan also star.  Ben Bray directed the episode written by James Eagan & Ray Utarnachitt (#408).  Original airdate 12/10/2018. 

2F767180-378E-498F-BF05-5669B810AC3E.jpeg

2269823E-CE0F-4B5A-A1B7-880CB0306797.jpeg

038C84D0-86BB-4E14-A441-1E0AEF8DF8BF.jpeg

1C31A14C-E681-42DE-8FFF-6F2C0DD4FFFB.jpeg

906AAE8F-2152-4B47-A41C-245C7B3383D1.jpeg

A8FE3ED0-5854-4EDC-9CBF-8497B456A426.jpeg

C5F5385F-D725-49E1-AEF5-90A8AF344E69.jpeg

418433EF-3163-42B7-AA9E-B8CD86D507AA.jpeg

9DDE68EC-8A55-44C6-84C4-FBE6E0B5A630.jpeg

E69DAF80-6C79-4DA0-A012-A4CB3F009401.jpeg

72961771-A413-47B3-BEEF-CBBE5081005A.jpeg

1B584345-E966-491B-9866-B666036DE0BA.jpeg

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

From TVLine’s TV Questions column today (link):

4 | How did the Legends of Tomorrow rack up “$1.7 million in wardrobe expenses” if the series’ pilot established that the Waverider has a costume fabricator? (Even if we’re talking fabric costs, that’s at most $1,800 per costume across 60 episodes/missions, based on two wardrobe changes each for a crew of eight.) Also, why was Charlie bothering to talk like Amaya if Hank had never met Amaya before? And whose Hemingway was more fun: Legends‘ or Timeless‘?

• Love 2
On 11/15/2018 at 9:34 PM, Miss Dee said:

Interesting. What puts Ava and Mick at odds, I wonder? Well, other than the fact Mick's entire existence is probably anathema to her, but what *specifically* is going to cause it?

I think it's probably Mick's writing.  I suspect that the "Uncaged Desire" book that Nora was reading based on Mona's recommendation was written by Mick and published under a pseudonym.  The bit about a love between a prisoner and a guard reminds me slightly of the situation between Ray and Nora.  If Mick is drawing inspiration from his teammates, he might have written a really hot sex scene between two blond female characters named "Eva" and "Sari."  Figure once Ava reads that (after Mona pushes it on her) and sees the author is perhaps named "Mike Rary" she'll "Oh My GOD!" and move to shut down the books getting published.  Mick will be angry at her thwarting his efforts to become the Arrowverse version of E. L. James and there's your conflict right there. 

• Love 2

CW unrounded finals for November 19-25 (Source).  The Wednesday-Friday regular lineup did not air due to the Thanksgiving holiday.

The Flash ....................... 0.567
Supergirl ......................... 0.327
Arrow .............................. 0.307
Black Lightning ............... 0.301
Legends of Tomorrow .. 0.294
Charmed ......................... 0.238