Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

On 6/28/2019 at 5:01 PM, scarynikki12 said:

LOT may not be having a panel but it looks like they will be at Comic Con after all. I just put my name in the lottery for their autograph session. I'm now thinking they'll be there for interviews, surprise appearances at the other Arrowverse panels (either on stage or in the audience asking questions), or there's going to be a Crisis...something at the con that hasn't been announced yet. It may also be as simple as WB being aware that attendees will still rush to try and get autographs even without a panel and taking advantage of that love. They're bringing The 100 to do an autograph session as well so it may just be that.

Did they who is going to be at the autograph session.

(edited)
On 6/30/2019 at 8:16 AM, tv echo said:

That thinking is what got you into trouble in season four.

On 6/30/2019 at 6:40 AM, Sakura12 said:

Did they who is going to be at the autograph session.

I’d put money on Caity and Brandon being there. Especially as they originated on Arrow and it’s the final season.

ETA: Does anyone know when Legends starts filming? It seems like the other shows have started pre-production. So I’m curious if Legends is on a different schedule since it won’t premiere until mid-season.

Edited by BaggythePanther
  • Love 2
(edited)

From SDCC programming schedule...

https://comiccon2019.sched.com/event/RqI7?iframe=no

Friday, July 19 • 6:00pm - 7:00pm
TV Guide Magazine Fan Favorites 2019

Fandoms unite! The official magazine of TV returns to celebrate its 10th annual all-star, must-see event. Moderated by senior writer Damian Holbrook, Fan Favorites brings together stars from TV's hottest shows for a lively discussion filled with behind-the-scenes scoop, fan-encounter tales, and of course, 'ship talk! Panelists (subject to change) include cast members from Fear the Walking Dead, Lucifer, Legends of Tomorrow, and maybe even some surprise ones!

https://comiccon2019.sched.com/event/RqJw?iframe=no

Friday, July 19 • 8:00pm - 9:00pm
10 Points to Slytherin: Why Good Fans Love Evil Creatures

Get in touch with your dark side! Forget the boring heroes-fandom loves its villains. Loki, Harley Quinn, Darth Vader, The Joker . . . With their fascinating backstories, dangerous aesthetics, and devil-may-care attitudes, it's easy to see why many fans identify with the bad guys. But what does it say about you when you proudly claim allegiance to Slytherin House, the 501st, or Hydra? Adron Buske (Fictitious Podcast) and a group of writers and creators—including authors Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles, The Renegades Trilogy), Renée Ahdieh (The Wrath and the Dawn series, Flame in the Mist series), Keto Shimizu (Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow), Caitlin Starling (The Luminous Dead), and Shaun Barger (Mage Against The Machine)—will explore fan fascination with fictional antagonists.

https://comiccon2019.sched.com/event/RrcB

Saturday, July 20 • 12:30pm - 1:30pm
Intro to TV Writing: From First Draft to Getting Staffed

Moderator Spiro Skentzos (Arrow) and TV writers/showrunners Keto Shimizu (DC’s Legends of Tomorrow), Michael Narducci (The Vampire Diaries), Kira Snyder (Handmaid’s Tale), Michael Fuller (Locke & Key), and more discuss navigating the TV spec terrain, including beginner's mistakes, what they look for in a writer, and what it takes for you to write a killer spec that will stand above the crowd. There will be a huge Q&A component, so bring your questions.

https://comiccon2019.sched.com/event/RrgU

Saturday, July 20 • 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Diversity in Writing: Women Writers and Producers Take Charge in TV, Animation, Comics, Games, Online

Award-winning diverse women writers and producers will discuss creating stories with strong diverse female characters across TV, animation, comics, and games; they'll also address the importance of diverse representation, getting started in writing, and their career paths from writing to executive producing top shows. Panelists include Nicole Dubuc (Star Wars Forces of Destiny, Rebels; producer of Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy; winner of WGA Animation Writing Award), Denise Downer (Marvel's Avengers Black Panther's Quest, Power Rangers: Beast Morphers), Keto Shimizu (DC's Legends of Tomorrow, executive producer and writer; Arrow), Silvia Olivias (Disney's Elena of Avalor, producer and writer; Moesha), Anne Toole (Horizon Zero Dawn, WGA Video Game Award winner; The Lizzie Bennet Diaries), Joelle Sellner (DC Super Hero Girls, Sonic Boom), and Gloria Shen (Disney Channel's Amphibia).

https://comiccon2019.sched.com/event/RrhJ?iframe=no 

Saturday, July 20 • 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Tropetastic: How to Write and Subvert Tropes

From tired to wired, problematic to plucky, tropes have always existed in character arcs, plot devices, and even character types. Panelists Ray Utarnachitt (Legends of Tomorrow), Sarah Kuhn (Heroine Complex), Jeane Wong (Arrow), Nilah Magruder (Marvel Rising), Jenn Polish (Lunav), and Valerie Complex (Black Girl Nerds) will discuss how to use and develop tropes in writing, from subverting harmful tropes in nuanced ways to using clichéd tropes with a refreshing new voice. Moderated by C. B. Lee (Sidekick Squad series).

Also...

ANNOUNCED AUTOGRAPH AND SIGNING SCHEDULE FOR SDCC 2019
by Lisa McDowell  July 6, 2019
https://sdccblog.com/celebrity-entertainment-autograph-signing-schedule-sdcc-2019/

WARNER BROS – Booth #4545
*All WB signings are TICKETED – Lottery sign-up for all WB signings are through the Comic-Con International Exclusives Portal which closes for entries on July 9, 2019.  Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change. Additional information on  signings will be provided as news breaks.*
Friday, July 19
DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Proteus said:

I don't know how to embed tweets but Courtney Ford responded to a comment on Twitter & said she'd be at SDCC for LOT.

Just get the URL for the Tweet (off the browser bar or using the share link on a phone) and paste it, like this...

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, shantown said:

No Tala or Maisie in that photo, sinking my anticipation even more

One of Legends writers responded on Twitter to people worrying about castmembers not in the photo & said to be calm because it's just the first day of filming.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Proteus said:

It sucks that Mona is there. I was hoping they'd get rid of her between seasons. My hopes for next season are sinking lower & lower. 

More than once, the writers have managed to change my opinion on characters that I originally didn’t like. I’m willing to give the writers till at least mid season to improve her character, as long as she doesn’t take over the show again.

• Love 4

I ended up being okay with Mona (Would have liked more Charlie instead) but I hope next season they're not using so much of the special effects budget turning her into to the werewolf thing. Since I binge watched the season instead of in real time it just seemed like it happened way too much. I miss Steel and Atom. 

(edited)

I wonder how much of the special effects budget they were actually using, since a different actress plays werewolf!Mona.  Some, obviously, for the transition, but it might not have been that expensive   - not like, say, the Steel effects or the Atom suit. 

Regardless, I do agree that the less we see of “Wolfie” the better. 😕

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, festivus said:

I ended up being okay with Mona (Would have liked more Charlie instead) but I hope next season they're not using so much of the special effects budget turning her into to the werewolf thing. Since I binge watched the season instead of in real time it just seemed like it happened way too much. I miss Steel and Atom. 

The special effects used when she transitions is pretty bad itself (but I guess not so bad on a tv budget tho) so I wouldn’t mind them doing off camera transformations but just add the sound effects to let us know that she is. Saves the budget that way. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, birdsflyinghigh said:

I wouldn’t mind them doing off camera transformations but just add the sound effects to let us know that she is. Saves the budget that way. 

I mean, having some characters just be completely off camera all the time would help the budget too

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

They are all doing some kind of action except for Arrow. I love that Sara punches through glass. 

There's some spoilers in the article. I'll post the interview in the spoiler thread. 

• Love 2
(edited)

How EW got those super Arrowverse covers for Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and more
By Sydney Bucksbaum July 17, 2019
https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/17/story-behind-arrowverse-covers/

One challenge came when it was time to shoot Lotz’s individual cover, as White Canary doesn’t have as iconic comic book imagery as the other Arrowverse characters for inspiration. So the team was free to come up with a fresh, new idea.

“Something I’ve always wanted to see someone do is punch through glass and it seemed like a cool choice for her,” Wild says. “That’s actually sugar glass [in the photo] which is frequently used in TV and movie production. Caity had worked with it before but had never punched through it.”
The photo team thought they would have to layer two photos together to make Lotz’s cover work: one of her punching the air and another of the already-cracked sugar glass panel. But after punching through a smaller test panel to figure out how much power to pack behind her fist, Lotz decided to actually punch the glass for the photo to have her cover turn out as authentic as the others.

“She punched through that with no problem, like a boss,” Wild says. “She liked it and was down to do more so we got a bigger piece, directed her so she didn’t obscure her face and she was such a champ. She punched through it multiple times and she was a rockstar. We got a cool shot where she punched through it and it created this unique web of glass cracks and that was it. It was so graphically interesting and it became one of my favorite covers. It was like breaking the glass ceiling as a bisexual superhero.”

The Arrowverse In 30 Seconds: Cast Explains The DC Universe | Entertainment Weekly
Published on Jul 17, 2019, by Entertainment Weekly

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
On 7/17/2019 at 12:35 PM, Proteus said:

Caity posted this message with it:

I got a copy in the mail . . . Ruby Rose cover. I was disappointed, since I think Sara is the best Arrowverse hero.

• Love 1
(edited)

Saw a tweet saying Lotz, Routh and Purcell will be interviewed for SDCC Friday morning.

ETA: I'm on vacation and got my days turned around, LOL.

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

Saw a tweet saying Lotz, Routh and Purcell will be interviewed for SDCC Saturday morning.

That's weird. Keto said their press day is tomorrow.

While Sara is my favorite character, Ray and Mick are further down the list. But I’ve got a soft spot for the original three. I hope they get some scenes together this season.

And I still can’t believe Caity Lotz/Legends got an EW cover. I’m so used to the show being left out I wouldn’t have been surprised if Legends didn’t get a cover.

• Love 2
(edited)

Beebo got an EW cover the digital download only. It looks like the new EW writer who wrote the Arrowverse article is a fan of Legends.  Maybe that's why the show is getting more recognition now. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 6

Caity was on the Fan Favorites panel where she reunited with former costar Ben Feldman, gave Amell a hug when he was the surprise guest, chatted back and forth with pal Candice, and confirmed she’s directing episode 5 in a couple weeks. 

989A06A5-62E0-4B50-B56E-4FD810FCD597.jpeg

• Love 4

Oh, Cameron had his own pics on his Instagram.  It seems that he and his gf literally walked around Comic-Con as Nightwing and Batgirl.

Here's the new CWVerse promo for those who haven't seen it...

• Love 2
(edited)

This July 19 panel included CL and CP, with surprise guest SA - I haven't watched the entire video, so I don't know if there are any spoilers...

FAN FAVORITES PANEL // Comic-Con 2019
Published on Jul 23, 2019, by fandomnessa

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

THE FLASH CROSSOVER CRISIS: GREEN ARROW'S PERFECT SHOT Will Launch of Trilogy of Prose Novel Crossovers
Tommy Williams  July 26, 2019
https://geektyrant.com/news/the-flash-crossover-crisis-green-arrows-perfect-shot-will-launch-of-trilogy-of-prose-novel-crossovers 

In the spirit of the Arrowverse’s annual crossover events, a trilogy of crossover prose novels is being released. The first is The Flash Crossover Crisis: Green Arrow’s Perfect Shot and it is written by Barry Lyga. As you might be able to guess from the title, this novel will feature the Flash and Team Arrow having some fun.
As mentioned before, Green Arrow’s Perfect Shot is merely the first book in a trilogy. Future books in the series will include Supergirl, Superman, and the heroes from Legends of Tomorrow. You will be able to purchase Green Arrow’s Perfect Shot on August 13 with an MSRP of $13.99. Pre-orders are now available on Amazon.

Amazon U.S. link:
https://www.amazon.com/Flash-Arrows-Perfect-Crossover-Crisis/dp/1419737384/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=the+flash+crossover+crisis&qid=1564252606&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Edited by tv echo

It's been announced that the Legends portion of the crossover will premiere on 14 Jan 2020 (Tues) at 9 pm. On TVLine, it also says that "Legends‘ installment of “Crisis” is considered a special episode, and is not its season premiere."

So a few questions - 1) is this a one-off scheduling on Tues and Legends will move back to Mondays after (before?) the crossover, and 2) if this is not its season premiere, does the actual season premiere happen before or after 14 Jan, and 3) will it be related to whatever happened in the crossover?

• Love 1