Type keyword(s) to search

Say What?: Commercials That Made Us Scratch Our Heads

Lola16
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

And one for Uber Eats where a guy arrives to a BBQ with a bag of what I assume are outdoor cooking-related groceries.  Why does he respond to the host’s outstretched hand by very slowly genuflecting and kissing his fingertips?  I assume it’s an attempt at humor, but it far misses the mark with me.

It's the ridiculous premise that to remember something (whatever is in the bag) you forget something, like how to shake hands.  I hate this line of commercials, they are so dumb.

• Like 7
21 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

And one for Uber Eats where a guy arrives to a BBQ with a bag of what I assume are outdoor cooking-related groceries.  Why does he respond to the host’s outstretched hand by very slowly genuflecting and kissing his fingertips?  I assume it’s an attempt at humor, but it far misses the mark with me.

He forgot how to shake hands.

Yes, it is stupid.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, janie jones said:

I had forgotten that abomination existed.

On 6/30/2024 at 5:07 AM, Palimelon said:

I think I had the same expression as that kid in the commercial did for this one.

Callback to Seinfeld "The Voice" episode? Jerry anthropomorphizes his GF's belly button with a ridiculous voice. She finds out and breaks it off. Sorry, spoiler alert 🙂

• Like 3