Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, cmahorror said:

He also had a short-lived series, Something Wilder, years ago. There was a story on this site about it not long after he passed away.

His last couple of acting projects were all on television as well.

3 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

I love this song but I honestly don't know what it's about....something personal that Leonard Cohen went through. I just appreciate it on that level.  It amazes me how often I hear it at memorial services or even weddings, and nobody can explain what it means or why it's appropriate for the occasion.

Also a love-making scene in "The Watchmen".  Riffing on "Archer"... Uh lyrics, people !

• Love 1

Random comment: my fave Garry Marshall moment is him playing the network exec in Soapdish.  

"The D word David, drastic". He was equally awesome as the boss in Never Been Kissed. 

I believe the singer was Ellie Golding.  

No, that was Tori Kelly - two very different singers. 

Fuck Yeah Rami!!!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, bmoore4026 said:

God, so many people who starred together on the same shows dying in the same year.  That's so tough.

That song was sung beautifully.

That's what I was thinking as I watched.  I'd forgotten that Fred Thompson died in the last year--when he came up, I thought, "That's two DA's from L&O."

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Alan Rickman was also on a Masterpiece Theater episode - Song of Lunch - with Emma Thompson.

He starred in Something The Lord Made, about the first heart transplant.

GO RAMI! What a revelatory performance!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Thought the "In Memorium" was well done.  Love "Hallelujah."   I had forgotten so many -- and many memories  from my youth.  Sigh.

Yea all the losses this year and death of my best friend a month ago has me feeling old. And I'm a millennial. 

• Love 1

You guys beat me to it but a few more:

Anton Yelchin = Huff, Criminal Minds, law and order

Muhammad Ali = Different Strokes, touched by an angel

Alan Rickman = A heap of HBO movies

Natalie Cole = Sesame Street , dancing with the stars, the X factor, PBs great performances

David Bowie = Extras, Bing Crosby Christmas special 

Gene Wilder = Will and Grace 

Prince = New Girl

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 3

Rami Malek!!   Hell yeah!  And I love that everyone seems legitimately happy for him in the audience.  Go Rami!

I loved that they apparently couldn't find a clip of Kyle Chandler in Bloodlines, without having to bleep him out.  Seriously, everyone on that show has a potty mouth!

• Love 4

I don't watch Mr. Robot but I sure wish my husband would catch up and clean up the DVR.

I also don't watch any of the shows in this lead actress category, but I do know that Tatiana is a sentimental favorite. Hate her dress though.

Edited by mojoween

Fuck me!  Tatiana Maslany fucking won?!!  I can't believe it finally happened!  And she apparently was unprepared and had to pull her speech up on her phone.  For a second, I was wondering if she was playing Pokemon Go at the Emmys!

As far as I'm concerned, Rami and Tatiana winning have already made the night!

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Ms Lark said:

Tatiana!!!! Wow, double upsets. I am so incredibly happy for this one, she has totally deserved it for years!!!!

I don't think Rami was an upset. He was the heavy favorite based on most critics' list. I do hope they keep this fresh faces streak going and award Black-ish Best Comedy and Mr. Robot or The Americans Best Drama. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

Great for Rami Malek but sad of Kyle Chandler.

While we're at it, could we give Rami Malek an award for Until Dawn.  He was great in that, too.

At least Kyle does have an Emmy for Friday Night Lights.

I'm rooting for Matthew Rhys next season.

Thrilled over Rami's win.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

Fuck me!  Tatiana Maslany fucking won?!!  I can't believe it finally happened!  And she apparently was unprepared and had to pull her speech up on her phone.  For a second, I was wondering if she was playing Pokemon Go at the Emmys!

As far as I'm concerned, Rami and Tatiana winning have already made the night!

Not super unusual using a phone to hold a script and such.  Watch your local newscast on live shots in the field.  The reporters aren't holding their phones on camera because they are expecting a call.

• Love 2