Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

Good thing I've never mentioned that I hate wine!  (While I love Pepsi almost more than my child, I don't drink that any more since I gave up sugar.  Water with a bit of OJ mixed in for me please! {weird juxtaposition with all the OJ talk tonight})

I don't know who Abigail Spencer is, but the direction she was given to announce that category made her really annoying.

Battle of the Bastards was SO GOOD.

1 minute ago, Mumbles said:

What was up with that Abigail Spencer person doing all the mugging and annoying gesticulating? I am going to look up who she is now.

Thanks, I just always assume I am the only one who does not "get" things on the Emmys! 

1 minute ago, Mumbles said:

What was up with that Abigail Spencer person doing all the mugging and annoying gesticulating? I am going to look up who she is now.

I only know her from Mad Men where she played Sally's teacher who of course Don slept with. 

• Love 1

I imagine Thrones will win Best Drama.  I'm rooting for Mr. Robot myself but Thrones is one of my favorite shows and has a legitimately great year this year, particularly the season finale.  Much better than last year's overrated season.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, OriginalCyn said:

You're always welcome to sit at my table (I've been getting a little lonely all by myself, lol.

Thank you! So have I. :) As it is I find myself unable to watch SNL anymore or any of the Late Night Talk Shows. Thank God for my DVR.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, bjork said:

Please win, Rami.

I think he is the only actor I am actively rooting for.  There were a lot I wanted to win but he's the only one where I may throw something if he doesn't.  He was a revelation. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Good thing I've never mentioned that I hate wine!  (While I love Pepsi almost more than my child, I don't drink that any more since I gave up sugar.  Water with a bit of OJ mixed in for me please! {weird juxtaposition with all the OJ talk tonight})

I don't know who Abigail Spencer is, but the direction she was given to announce that category made her really annoying.

Battle of the Bastards was SO GOOD.

I can forgive you for not liking wine because you love baseball (even though it's THAT team...)

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, SpikeGal said:

Uh...guys? I should tell you all this now...and get it over with. I'm voting for Donald Trump. Yes, I am a Trump supporter...and I mute out any and all jokes about him because I WANT a Hillary joke!! I'm sick of all this one-sided stuff. Hillary is worse, I hate her...but of course no one will dare make fun of her.

So, what I want to know is...am I still welcome here? Or will you throw me out for voting for Trump? Because I am NOT changing my mind. My mind is made up, I am voting for Trump, I will not change it...am I still welcome here? Can I still be here...or will you throw me out?

You're still welcome here, as long as you remember that political discussion is strictly verboten on this site because it never ends well.

• Love 17

Definitely rooting for Rami for his amazing work.  He should win it but somehow I have the feeling he won't.

Though I certainly wouldn't object to Matthew Rhys winning.  He was ridiculously ignored by the Emmy Awards for the best three seasons for his stellar work.

• Love 6

Though not a fan of Game of Thrones, I'm rooting for Peter Dinklidge. I just love him. He's so amazing, I'm glued to the screen whenever he comes on.

1 minute ago, legaleagle53 said:

You're still welcome here, as long as you remember that political discussion is strictly verboten on this site because it never ends well.

Gladly. I just wish that rule applied to THIS show!

• Love 1
Just now, SpikeGal said:

Though not a fan of Game of Thrones, I'm rooting for Peter Dinklidge. I just love him. He's so amazing, I'm glued to the screen whenever he comes on.

Same here--but I wish they'd chosen a different episode for his Emmy reel.  The one where he was talking to the dragon would've been much better.

Maggie Smith?  Seriously?  WHY?

1 minute ago, Neeners said:

This part is boring. Let's talk more about Kyle Chandler!

Here's one, who remembers Joan Cusack's short lived sitcom "What About Joan" with Kyle as her husband?  Pretty much the only reason I tuned in.

• Love 4

Of course, it was going to be Dame Maggie Smith.  At least Downton Abby is done, right?

At least Miguel won.  That would have been the only category where a different outcome would have pissed me off.  He managed to make that episode look just as good, if not better, then some big-budgeted blockbusters.

• Love 4

Guess I need to watch GoT.  I'll start with these episodes.

1 minute ago, wallflower75 said:

There's a part of me that wishes the director of "The Door" had won, because the end of that episode tore my heart out...but I knew that it was going to "Battle of the Bastards."  There was no way it wasn't winning the directing award.

I'll be the lone GOT hater. I'm incredulous that it keeps winning. I feel it's Emmy-stasis, that phenomenon that happens once something wins it wins every year, deserved or not.  I was pleased with how different (for the most part) the start of the show was, and now it's rut time again.

I know I'm in the tiniest of groups of GOT haters, and I wish so much I could love it again, but it's just so. bad.

• Love 12

One of many upsides to no Downton Abbey is no more Maggie Smith. 

I was hoping Lena would win this year.  I'm not looking forward to the King's Landing scenes with the Mad Queen next year on GoT.  Her loss this year makes more Emmy bait scenes inevitable.  I'd rather have more time spent up north with Jon, Sansa, and friends and wherever Dany is with Tyrion, Oleanna, and the Sand Snakes with less time in King's Landing.

• Love 2