Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

(edited)

Audrey is a piece of work. She's sitting up here being a victim and boohooing. Then.finally she gets out of the shower and GAME TALKS WITH JACE. Then what is this racist stuff Audrey is trying to pin on Becky or Day. The girl is a mess.

Audrey was also coaching Jace on what to say to Steve, wasn't she?   I know I heard her say to include that Steve was suppose to be  the "Jason" for Da's "Danielle" or whatever.  I think she deserves some of the blame for that conversation. I'm not sure if she explicitly endorsed the tone, but she was laying the groundwork.

Shelli is a good friend to Audrey but she needs to take her emotions out of it. No one attacked Audrey on personal it was on game and game only.

Too bad there's nobody for Steve like that.  I don't think any of them would even ask how his day was.  So nobody else will know about that conversation besides worthless Austin.   Da nailed him last night saying that his size and stature is basically for show and that he could shut some of the nastier behavior in the house if he really wanted.

I also heard John laughing last night how Steve is just like "Ian".   I think a lot of them have that mindset, and it's one reason they don't want to include him.  I understand they look very similar, but  that's so shortsighted and just lazy.    

Edited by vb68
  • Love 3
(edited)

Have we ever confirmed what the story was involving Steve and a trashcan?  I feel like every conversation about Steve revolves around his creeping.  I think that seems to be the groups hesitation to include him in anything.  The perception is that he's always trying to eavesdrop on conversations and can't be trusted.  And I can't really blame them if they consistently catch him eavesdropping. 

Edited by MV007

Jokers hasn't posted an update since 12:59 am.  Anyone know what's happening?  I think I might need to find another update site.

There's a BB subreddit that has been really active, lots of people watching posting updates. It's a lot to keep up with, though, because it's moving pretty fast with all this insanity.

I think Steve saw right through Jace's bullying and knew that Steve's refusal to meaningfully engage in the conversation was making Jace just spiral more and more. Sadly, I suspect that Steve has been on the receiving end of other similar attacks. Weirdly, though, it kind of seemed like Jace was acting (not well) during most of it, which just makes no sense whatsoever, but it also seemed that Steve knew Jace was full of shit. And at the end of the conversation, Steve made sure to clarify that all he was promising was that he wouldn't tell people about their conversation. That told me that Jace's attack didn't take Steve's head out of the game, although I'm sure it hurt Steve to hear all of that.

John has been intentionally staying out of the drama, avoiding Jace and Audrey especially. His "floating" seems to be a conscious strategy choice at this point, and I can't disagree with it. With all this insanity going on, and all the alliance switching and rumor spreading, it'd be way too easy to accidentally talk yourself into trouble. If you're a likeable easygoing fellow, low profile is probably pretty smart. Steve has also tried to stay out of the way because he doesn't me the drama, and I think that's a smart move for him too- it'd be especially easy for folks to turn their ire on him. Becky seems to be a little more involved, but not by much.

At this point, I don't even know who is really allied with whom, or who might actually be thinking about savingJace versus blowing smoke. It's just too much to keep up, and if tomorrow night's vote is close, absolute pandemonium will ensue.

• Love 1
(edited)

Steve seems like a genuinely good and kind person, which is the opposite of Ian. Ian is a fucking douche of the highest order. I hate that comparison too.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 9

I saw Steve last night just standing near the steps and not saying a word. People were walking past him & not saying a word to him. He isn't really connecting with anyone. I'm not sure what he thought his time in the house would be like but I doubt he thought it would be this bad. Of course, if he won HOH everyone will be kissing his butt. At least, it would shake up the house.

• Love 2

I feel for Steve because he seems to be on the autistic spectrum, and it's not easy to be on the spectrum or to be around someone on the spectrum (if you don't have a clear understanding of what's going on). 

I know this personally, as a close family member is on the spectrum.  That person got the short stick in that they were born to young first-time parents with few resources, not a lot of family help for various reasons; and when finally diagnosed were placed in a special- ed program where the staff were poorly trained and had never worked with a child with high-functioning autism.  At least that was the diagnosis then, it's changed over the years and now it's just "on the autistic spectrum".  The goal was to push that kid through school, then get them on disability and in a group home.  They were never expected to learn to drive, hold a job, have friends, form romantic attachments, marry, have children, etc.  Despite everything, my family member drives and holds a job.  The rest hasn't happened, and I think it's because many people are not aware of how to deal with people who have social problems.

Steve has made it into college, in a challenging program.  He might have friends on the outside, but in the Big Brother house he's totally alone.  He's thanked people who nicely explained to him when he was doing something that bothered other people.  I can't see him making it to the end, but if just a couple people tried to be his friend he could make it a few more weeks.  He probably did hide in a trash can to eavesdrop, the hamsters are always trying to find a way to do that.  But he got caught.  He's tried to hang around on the edges, but the trash can episode has clued everyone in to the fact that he doesn't eavesdrop well.  Even if he stopped trying to overhear other conversations, he's marked.  I bet that if he got up in the night to go to the bathroom and was so sleepy he didn't even notice if anyone else was awake, he'd be accused of creeping around.  He's marked, and it's just a matter of time before he's gone.

The episode with Jace last night made me angry.  Other people knew that Jace was going off on Steve, even if they didn't know what Jace was saying.  No one could have gone there and broke it up?  They could have said that Steve was needed in the DR, and Jace didn't hear it over his ranting and raving.  They could have told Steve they needed someone to judge some silly competition, like who makes the best shadow puppets.  They could have simply sat down with Steve and been a supportive presence.

No one helped Steve, which seems stupid to me.  Steve isn't a power player, he's just hanging around until he's voted out.  He belongs to no alliance, so why would anyone get mad at you for helping him when he's being beat up by the guy everyone wants out of the house?  Helping Steve would simply make sure Jace had one less vote and possibly a vote in your favor if you're next on the block.

• Love 3

I think the way Jace went after Steve was horrible, but I also think it's not out of line for BB antics. People get attacked pretty regularly. Steve handled it well albeit differently than I or probably most others would have. Steve is a grown man who knew what he was getting into when he signed up and has even said that improving his social skills was a main objective for signing up. I'm not at all defending Jace, just saying that I think Steve is not as fragile as we may think, and he has absolutely studied up on the game and probably wouldn't have been surprised to be on the receiving end of some hateful shit. That said, it does pain me to watch everyone walk away when he walks up to a group and was definitely terrible to watch that Jace conversation. But overall, Steve seemed to hold up under it better than others have under similar attacks. Hell, Audrey has been absolutely falling apart since being called a liar and she hasn't even been ostracized quite as much.

• Love 2

Granted, I've made it a more personal issue for me when it comes to Steve, and I admit I could be way off base with my suspicions about why he seems to be so socially awkward.

He said he went on BB to get help with his social skills?  That doesn't sound like a good idea to me, but that's just me.  BB is about forming alliances, lying, spying, cheating if you can, and the one who does it best gets the big bucks.  If Steve wanted to improve his social skills, he would probably be better served by going on some kind of Outward Bound thing.

As for Audrey, I think she came in expecting problems.  I read something where she said she decided she'd (paraphrasing) have to play hard from the beginning because she was trans gender. 

Whereas Steve might have come in thinking that if he studied the tactics of the game and he'd pick up social cues along the way, Audrey seems to have come in in full battle mode.

Steve studied the game and chose to be in stealth mode.  Audrey also studied the game, and came in with a whole different way to play.  It's not working out well for either of them.

Maybe both Audrey and Steve came to BB looking to learn more about how to fit in to the 'norm', and hopefully get some money on the side.  There's no way I'd put myself in that situation without some kind of payoff.

• Love 1
(edited)

Luckily, Jace looked like an even bigger douce "yelling" at Steve. I'm sure he'll be all "I was kidding" when he's sitting with Julie and in his exit interviews. If no one can have anything in common with Steve they should at least use him as a vote. Someone, should have interrupted the Jace interrogation of Steve. Everyone seemed to be in the HOH. Did anyone know that they were having their "discussion"?

Edited by ByaNose
(edited)

I hope Jace gets at least a few boos from the audience on his exit.

I hate the Steve/Ian comparison too, especially because Steve went out of his way to comfort Vanessa during her meltdown last Thursday night. He referred to hugs as "the best things in the world." I should think Ian would find hugs to be a particularly unpleasant ordeal (hugs with Britney being a big exception).

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 3

I think Ian could take some offense as well to the comparison.  Whatever, you think of him he was at least a player with some game.  Steve is a non-entity at this point.

• Love 1

As horrible as all the things Jace were saying to Steve last night in the Hammock Room (I need a new name for that since they took the hammock out), it played out like a bad soap opera. The extreme zoom-in close ups of both of them, the pauses for effect and the bad lines coming out of Jace, you could practically hear the cheesy music playing in the background. It went on for far too long but I don't think Steve was that affected by it. I don't think it was his first time at the Bully Rodeo and there were a few moments where I thought he might smile or laugh over Jace's crap. He didn't need saving, he conducted himself really well. I still hope someone gave him a hug afterwards and I wish the cameras would have followed him because I would have loved to see what he was going to do or who he was going to talk to. But really, he couldn't have handled Jace's bullshit any better than he did. 

The hiding in the garbage can incident was before the feeds came on, but Austin has referred to it at least twice that I heard. All I heard was that Steve hid in the garbage can (in the storage room?) to overhear a conversation or just hope to overhear a conversation and he got caught. They just use it whenever they talk about how "shady" Steve is and how he tries to eavesdrop. 

Anytime yesterday, when the topic about flipping the house came up, I figured that Jace would shoot himself in the foot with his bad speeches to HGs about why they need him to stay. Like when he talked to John the night before and told him that John needed Jace to stay because Jace is more competitive than John is. The only way he can ask for votes is to insult the other person's gameplay it seems. I guess I'm as psychic as Audrey is when it comes to this season.

I also heard John laughing last night how Steve is just like "Ian".   I think a lot of them have that mindset, and it's one reason they don't want to include him.  I understand they look very similar

I don't think they look at all alike. I get that both of them are considered "geeks" but the physical resemblance is nil. 

I'm worried the bulk of all this recent drama isn't going to make it into the TV episodes. The season is so bogged down with extra competitions, twin twists and BB Takeover shenanigans we'll be lucky to get a fraction of anything that happened with Audrey or Jace.

• Love 2

I hope Jace gets at least a few boos from the audience on his exit.

I hate the Steve/Ian comparison too, especially because Steve went out of his way to comfort Vanessa during her meltdown last Thursday night. He referred to hugs as "the best things in the world." I should think Ian would find hugs to be a particularly unpleasant ordeal (hugs with Britney being a big exception).

And Ian had Asperger's.  He worked with this condition very well and became a loved and admired player.  

I'm worried the bulk of all this recent drama isn't going to make it into the TV episodes. The season is so bogged down with extra competitions, twin twists and BB Takeover shenanigans we'll be lucky to get a fraction of anything that happened with Audrey or Jace.

Oh, there's no way to fit all of this into a one hour show tonight and part of the live show tomorrow. This is going to be another one of those seasons where the live feeds and the broadcast shows differ wildly in what they show. It's probably going to look like two different games, just with the same players. I expect Audrey to get a good edit, but it'll be interesting to see what narrative they go with.

And with all of this going on, once again they're not going to be showing anything to do with Have Nots, other than the room and maybe the occasional slop comment so why even continue to have HNs? It adds nothing to the game and all it does is make people sore, bitchy and lethargic. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Becky and Shelli look alike. John and Clay look alike. And Liz sort of looks like Becky and Shelli. 

Production always tries to bring a cute and coy edit to the HGs they like. So I think they will keep Audrey's edit lighthearted instead of bringing some dire and cuckoo drama into the scene. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
(edited)

As further proof as to how disliked Steve is in the house, Austin told Vanessa a few hours ago that he's almost tempted to target him next so more entertaining people don't leave before him.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 1
(edited)

Clay just asked Shelli to prom with some pieces of what looked like lunch meat spelling out "PROM" and a question mark made of honey below it. The hamsters are having a prom tonight.

ETA: I've only been watching the live feeds for a few hours and Jason's laugh is already really annoying me.

Edited by Scout Finch
(edited)

Austin better take Steve's name out of his mouth. He's not there to be entertained and his credibility for me is shot with being besties with Jace.

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 2

I'm so proud of this cast for getting out by far the grossest person in the first week. Each individual piece of his personality would be reason enough for me, but as a full package, he's unbearable. I wonder if Becky will integrate more next week, since she clearly openly loathes him. I know when I'm around someone I can't stand I tend to hide also.

• Love 3
(edited)

Audrey has taken to her bed in a headscarf and sunglasses, and is basically milking it as much as she can, in the hopes that people will come in and sympathize with her plight. Jeff was in there for a long while, trying to get her to understand that the problem is her constant game talk. He suggested a few times that she should get up and hang out with everyone, but she'd rather stay and feel sorry for herself. At one point she said something to Jeff about how perhaps she'll just stay there and die in her bed. Drama queen much? Jeff's patience finally ran out and he got up to leave but said he was her friend and she could always talk to him about her problems. She said that if she had any personal problems, now she knew who NOT to go to, meaning Jeff. 

ETA: Oops, it was apparently Clay instead of Jeff. And to quote: "If you are telling me to to just lay in my bed and die in it, then okay."

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 1

Audrey's at it again.  She asked Jace is he'd blame everything on Jeff, then she told James that Jace said that Jeff spilled the beans about the stupid song.  She also wants to be let back in the group (secretly) because no one would expect it.  She really needs to go.

House meeting called.

6:16pm PST cam 3

Gooo Vanessa ask Day to prom and she rapped

Audrey's at it again. She asked Jace is he'd blame everything on Jeff, then she told James that Jace said that Jeff spilled the beans about the stupid song. She also wants to be let back in the group (secretly) because no one would expect it. She really needs to go.

House meeting called.

She's rewriting history. Poor girl.

John and Becky, the two quietest people in the house, do appear to be a twosome alliance.  They were listening to Taylor Swift together earlier together and firmed up their agreement to keep Jackie over Jace tomorrow.  In addition, they're also each other's prom dates tonight.

John was apparently talking some game with Jackie, too, but the feed decided to switch to some boring Austin/Liz conversation.  Either way, glad to see John and Becky are preparing for the future in this game.

• Love 1

And to quote: "If you are telling me to to just lay in my bed and die in it, then okay."

What an amateur.  My mom would have added "And won't you be sorry when I'm gone?"  And then she would have thrown in that I'm the one killing her, because she's dying of a broken heart.  And perhaps something about how that nice boy who lives down the street always treats his mom so well, and why am I so ungrateful after all the sacrifices she's made for me?

• Love 19
(edited)

James doesn't like Jeff. That was actually the smartest Audrey has played all week putting that in his head. Now James is wound up. Hilarious.

Audrey currently sitting at the kitchen table eating cookies, wearing sunglasses with a towel on her head like she just got out of the shower. Spoiler: She didn't take a shower.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 2

I took a shower and come back to find Audrey still trying to mind fuck James. My god.

I missed the "mind" I'm your post and got really grossed out for a moment.

I really don't want Day or Audrey to go anywhere for awhile. They are comedy gold!

• Love 1

Interesting. BB was a little slow with the fish, and I heard Liz and Austin discussing the "serious" tennis shoes they got, apparently for the HOH. They now assume it's something athletic, and the fact that they went on lockdown pretty early today makes me agree. But surely not endurance this soon, with this many people? Maybe some random crapshoot requiring firm footing?

I don't know, but I'm intrigued. The prom nonsense bores me, so I have to take the crumbs where I can get them.

(edited)
As for Audrey, I think she came in expecting problems. 

Yep and it's sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy if she creates the problems herself. It doesn't look like they cast a single stereotypical bigot this year. She may have been counting on that and it enabling her to play the victim. Instead, she has to manufacture the drama.

Please, someone, hand this woman a hand mirror.

Exactly. It makes you wonder whether she's even watched the show before. It's one thing to try to make alliances with everybody in the house but you need to do it individually or in small groups. She has no finesse. I hope the producers cast her because they knew she'd be a loose canon because otherwise, yeesh.

If Steve wanted to improve his social skills, he would probably be better served by going on some kind of Outward Bound thing.

Right. If you wanted to learn how to swim would you jump into a pool full of piranhas?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1
(edited)

HOH has to be something intense because the "beefcakes" have been working outside for a really long time and making a lot of noise. Speaking of the beefcakes, I adore this cast for constantly talking about production, and for figuring out that the monitors are generally zoned out but listening for key words like "diary room" or "production" or whatever and so instead they try using code words like "journal." Sure, the fish-button guys won't be fooled for long but it's been hilarious how much these people talk about production stuff. Also hilarious how much they just don't GAF.

I'm weirdly excited for the prom and I don't even know why. I've had a blast with all the game drama the last few days, but I've also really enjoyed all the fun stuff of today. Audrey still won't stop talking game for even a minute and James is still creepy as all get-out, but for the most part these people are fun.

ETA: about Steve- his plan to improve his social skills is kind of working. He's fitting into conversations a little more naturally, he hugged Liz earlier, he had some great jokes today, and now he's looking and feeling great for prom. Is he awkward? Hell yes. Is he watching and trying to learn from the social behavior of everyone else? Also hell yes. I've seen a few times today where he's stopped himself from answering the question he just asked or quit using that interrogation-like way of asking people about themselves. Different from even a couple of days ago. Plus, MAKEOVER!!

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 2
(edited)

Heh.  I couldn't believe Clay was frying bacon in the skillet without a shirt.  That's a big NO in my book.

I don't need to see anymore of Liz/Julia and Jeff practicing.  I'm going to hear that chant in my head all night. Ugh.

Edited by vb68

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I just now realized how big Austin is. Tall, buff- he's just a really big guy. Clay is a decent sized guy yet looks small next to Austin. Jason and John next to him are comical. James Is a Honey, I Shrunk the Kids situation.

• Love 1

This is quite a dated reference, but if there are any other oldsters like me, prom-Steve is giving me flashbacks to Grant Shaud when he was Miles on Murphy Brown.

And I do mean that as a compliment.

• Love 6
(edited)

Yes, I've been watching for the last couple of hours and snickering about Audrey's sulking. People keep wandering in and out of the room and completely ignoring her! I didn't have an opportunity to watch the feeds for most of the evening so I was worried about having missed the house meeting fireworks. Although I've watched BB from the very beginning I've never shelled out for the feeds until now; I think I can spare the six dollars. Over the years, I've been so grateful for those who have sacrificed their time to faithfully post about what happens on the feeds.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 2

I really enjoyed the talent comp. I don't even know who I am anymore. I literally laughed out loud, and I am so ashamed. But I like this cast. They actually know about the game, they're not horrible people, and they have some fun. Tonight was a blast to watch. I'm maybe actually enjoying watching this instead of hate watching it?

• Love 5