Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

Got it to work. Most people have nothing but good things to say about Vanessa's game. James, Becky and Meg were all bummed she didn't make it to the finals. They could be blowing smoke up my ass (especially Meg), but I believe them.

• Love 1

Hearing the were all rooting for Vanessa except for stupid Jackie who I fucking hated anyway is only making Van's loss in crapshoot harder to take! Like I know the woman didn't need the money, but I really really wanted her to take Liz and win, just optically and on principal, though I'd also love to have seen her take Steve so she could CRUSH him in the vote. 

• Love 5

James was rooting for Vanessa, apparently. Interesting.

That actually doesn't surprise me.  James got that it was a game.  Last week when he told Austin that Vanessa was just cold when she cut Austin with no emotion, I took that as he was impressed by the move.

• Love 8

And Liz just said she found out Liztin was their hashtag, and how awesome that was? Yeah, she might not want to look that up.

One thing I will give Jason, he gets it. All these people say they want to go on Survivor or Amazing race or " you never know" when asked by Jeff what their plans are. Jason basically said please, this was my dream, I'm getting back to reality, my job, and my parent's basement. Although to be fair, he HAS been out in the real world.

• Love 9

I've really enjoyed seeing all the Houseguests on the interviews.  Shelli was much more animated and bouncy than I remember.  Becky and Jason impressed me - I like that they've got a good view of what happened.  Audrey and James were great along with Johnny Mac and Meg.  

Austin was icky and still bitter about Vanessa.  Still waiting to hear from Steve and Vanessa.  

Why does Jeff only talk to them for about 3 minutes?  All the other people interviewing are getting about 10 minutes at least, it seems.

Still laughing at how you put that!  Surely they have exit interviews to prepare them for reactions don't they?

I always assumed they had someone prepare them but I think I saw a former HG say no, they basically just give you some paperwork and say bye.

Andy Herron jumped right on Twitter the day after and was instantly bombarded with hate, and he seemed shocked that people didn't like him. He spent the first 36 hours out of the house arguing with trolls.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 1

Yeah, Vanessa is the same outside the house. Explaining to Austin as Jeff holds a microphone to their face that she loves him, but she had reasons, and she's so sad, but she totally had Liz's back, and totally would've taken her to the end, and that showed how true she was. Still talking 100 words per minute, still being completely emotional. Can not stand her.

Oh, and 100% all of her tears were real, but only because of every 28 days things happened. No Vanessa, you cried WAY more often than every 28 days.

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 10

I saw the same interview that Katesus7 saw and I loved Vanessa!!!      

HA!  That's what makes the world go round, right? :)

(Although, yes, too much 'monthly' talk)

Steve and Vanessa were both wired and hyped and their brains are running a mile a minute.

Austin was lurking in the background while we're waiting for the Vanessa interview.  He wouldn't go away because Liz was still out there and he was waiting for her.  He sidled up to Jeff and started bugging/talking to him.  Then, before Vanessa was interviewed he hijacked that and while, yes, Vanessa was trying to explain why she evicted him Austin was just as much explaining why she was wrong and she didn't have to do that.   Ugh.

Edited by Vicky
  • Love 2

I finally finished watching. Did JMac's family not go? It was just him and Julie there, how sad.

I noticed that too, and felt bad for him as well.

Still laughing at how you put that!  Surely they have exit interviews to prepare them for reactions don't they?

I believe they may get a heads-up on any "hot button" topics which might come up - but with the exception of the F2 I think once the HGs' signatures are on the final closeout paperwork (stipend payment arrangements, NDAs, etc.), Production is pretty much done with them.

• Love 1

Damn, I can't believe after all that Vanessa sounds like she actually was a delusional loon. I was thinking/hoping that if she had been in the F2, she would dropped the excuses but yeesh. I was already glad for a Steve win and that helps. 

• Love 3

Thanks so much to everyone who watched the feeds and posted here.  You all make this show so much better than it actually is!

Yes, yes, yes! Ain't that the truth. I know it's the morning of, and most people are gone, but thanks so much, I ONLY watch the show for this forum. Y'all make my summer hilarious!!

Anyhow, as others have mentioned, thanks to everyone here for another fun season - the boards are always a lot more fun than the show itself. This is one of the only reality show that I watch (and the only reality competition show that I watch) because the feeds are a game-changer, as I'm fascinated in the spin and all of that, and this is just unvarnished game, which I love (for the most part - grrr, Derrick and Vanessa with the increasingly common "lie to the fans" strategy) and I love talking game with everyone here.

Totally me too Brian. I look forward to BB just to sign onto the feed watchers observations here.

And Liz just said she found out Liztin was their hashtag, and how awesome that was? Yeah, she might not want to look that up.

One thing I will give Jason, he gets it. All these people say they want to go on Survivor or Amazing race or " you never know" when asked by Jeff what their plans are. Jason basically said please, this was my dream, I'm getting back to reality, my job, and my parent's basement. Although to be fair, he HAS been out in the real world.

Katesus, what Liztin really means, I HOPE, is that Liz will find out the distaste the public has for Austin and hopefully help her snap out of HER Stolkholm Syndrome.

Also, that comment about Jason's reality check makes me like him a lot more.

Again, I thank everyone who watches and posts here. Y'all are the rock stars! (Take that Austin!)

• Love 3

I finally finished watching. Did JMac's family not go? It was just him and Julie there, how sad.

You mean on the show as the credits were running?

The only families allowed in the audience during the finale were the Final 3. Everyone else's families were at hotels watching the show together. I did read somewhere Johns brother flew out not sure about his parents. Shellis siblings were there as well. I also read that Megs parents were there (I'm assuming she didn't know because in her interview with Jeff she said she wanted to call her Mom as soon as she was done doing interviews) James two friends flew out as well, the one who was running his Twitter account and another one I guess this year they didn't pay for any of the Jury members families to come out, I guess they had in the past paid for one person to come. Not this year.

I read on Twitter that Jeff apparently told Austin in front of Liz that he was hatred. And that he just wanted to give him a heads up because he dealt with the same thing when he left. (He apparently said this on his periscope after the show on his way to the airport because he had to get back for work today)

Edited by SiobhanJW

I read on Twitter that Jeff apparently told Austin in front of Liz that he was hatred.

I know you have a typo in there, but it is amazing that it works just as well the way you typed it!!:)

Edited by pennben
  • Love 5

Well, now that Nashville is nostalgic, so am I:)  If we all end up here next year let's create a thread "While You Were Sleeping" or something like that where we tally big news as it happens.  I was just commenting in another thread about how Vanessa is going to walk out to a country where gay marriage is the law of the land.  And I was thinking about all that has happened this summer.  I think it would be fun to have a thread like that to ponder how much the HGs missed (and occasionally we missed here and there) when we get to the end of the road next year.

• Love 4

So I read an article that stated as per live feeds, Liz told Steve the producers helped her with one of the clues in HOH Part 2.

Does anyone have any more information on this?

Apparently, Liz got stuck on a question and insisted that she wasn't there for it (pre-Julia coming in the house). Eventually, a producer came over the loud speaker and had to tell her that she was definitely in the house then.

Thank you, Ceeg. Oh. I can see that happening. I'm not sure I would qualify it as help, though.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2442456/big-brother-17-finale-spoilers-producers-could-have-a-hand-in-helping-vanessa-win-it-all/ (I can't seem to do a link on my tablet.)

The article states that Liz still got the question wrong. Based on what we saw, both Liz and Steve got all questions right. I would've been more interested in seeing the screwup instead of, say, Steve reminding us the motto of the show and talking in hashtags.

Thanks everyone for all the fun posts this summer.  For some reason I just couldn't get into the show or the feeds this year, but nonetheless I have high hopes for next year.  And as always, I enjoy coming here to see what the rest of you have to say about the hamsters and, of course, production.  

I want to add my annual (well, first TWOP and now here) heartfelt goodbyes to everyone! I know there's a lot of disappointment right now, and I totally get it, but I really thought this season was the strongest one in many years. Last year the discussion for 2/3rds of the season was would anyone, ever, ever mention Derrick as someone to actually nominate for eviction. It never happened. Two years ago was filled with a bunch of racists and horrible people. Three years ago, Rachel won! Well, that's probably mostly just me hating that.

This has always been my favorite thread in my favorite forum for my favorite guilty pleasure show. I love all y'all (I am SUCH a Texan) and can't wait to disagree with every opinion you have next year!!

• Love 15