Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

I think Vanessa is putting on an act with the crying.  She is looking weak so she won't be a target.  But she is getting anoying with the crying for sympathy bit.  She keeps repeating the same things to everyone.

I'm guessing Jason and James got along well in their short co-HoH stint.  James nominates Jackie and Steve, Jason nominates Becky and John ... that doesn't look like one team should have an edge over the other in a BotB competition, does it? </sarcasm>

I'm glad, I like him and it should be bye bye annoying Jace.

It is, at least for now.  James has pretty much assured everyone who wants Jace out that he's going up, no matter what it takes.

But Audrey seems to be doing a stellar job of making herself the replacement nominee instead what with how badly she lost her cool when she and Da'Vonne apparently got into it over her possible betrayal.

(edited)

The only thing that's really obvious at this point is that Jace and Austin are terrible at this game. Like seriously clueless. 

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 2
(edited)

This is kind of awesome. Da mentioned to Austin and Liz that she can't trust Audrey? Or threw her name out there? And Liz almost threw a pillow which means she totally doesn't trust Audrey? And there's people going around saying things to other people? All I know is conversations and pillows were involved and this is already more interesting than anything from last year.

And Jason seems to be the key to everything. Who is Jason?

Edited by Katesus7

This Twin Twist is going to be over soon, isn't it? They must've swapped out the twins at some point after this conversation about Audrey's name coming up between Liz, Da'Vonne, Austin, and Jace. Da'Vonne was asking Liz if she remembered when Liz threw a pillow at her at some point in the conversation, and "Liz" covered badly. "Uh, no? I don't remember?" And then five minutes later: "Oh, I remember now!"

This has the potential for a house meeting. Hopefully. And Jace has the potential to blow up mightily. He really seems to get defensive when cornered or accused of something.

I can't keep up with the updates anymore. No idea what's happening. What I'm getting is that Audrey has an Amanda-like power over the house, but seems to have a harder time dealing with the paranoia, and and everyone's saying different things to everyone and spilling secret conversations and generally playing just for the sake of playing. And something about pillows. I'm guessing they might be going extra crazy because it's the first week, but if this keeps up then this season might be a brilliant clusterfuck.

Vanessa turns out to be the opposite of what I expected, but still the smartest player in the game by staying way outside of this mess.

• Love 2

I love the plan to backdoor Jace but these fools are already imploding. There is no way that they keep the plan the same until Thursday. I doubt they'll be able to keep it together through the veto ceremony. Maybe they'll still go with Jace but there is a lot of hard gameplay going on already and who knows what they'll talk themselves into and out of. One thing I do know is that there is no way the show will let Audrey go first.

Steve definitely won veto.

With this many people, there are always several off camera somewhere and I can't help but obsess about where they are and what they're doing. I'm sure it's nothing interesting, but I can't get it out of my head.

• Love 3

I turned on the feeds briefly this morning, and thought I saw James sleeping in a strange place that looked like the have not room. Could he be head of household and a have not? 

Also, has anyone seen any sign that Da'Vonne has recognized Vanessa?

(edited)

Also, has anyone seen any sign that Da'Vonne has recognized Vanessa?

So far, not yet.

So the apparent main alliance of the house right now has just named themselves "The High Rollers."  They are going to paint dice on their nails.

The core five are Da'Vonne, Audrey, James, Jason, and Meg.  They plan to use Jeff, Jackie, Clay, Shelli, and Steve as outsiders to use for numbers and to do their bidding, but not let them in on their plans and not make them real alliance members.  This puts them squarely against Becky, Liz (and her twin, Julia), John, Jace, Austin, and Vanessa.

So this pretty much confirms that the plan is still to backdoor Jace.  But this has also confirmed that he's going to be evicted, for sure, if something major doesn't happen.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 2

James got to pick have nots, and didn't pick himself. Maybe he just crashed in there for a while for some ridiculous reason? I can't imagine why anyone would choose to sleep in a dentist chair even for a nap, but whatever.

Best I can tell, Jason said something to Austin as they were going out to play veto that got Austin suspicious. I don't know what it was, but I think it was the kind of thing people say when they want you to know that they know more than you do about something without actually telling you what it is. That seems to have somehow been the catalyst for whatever the hell has been going on all afternoon.

I think Vanessa is going to be fine for a couple of votes because several of these people are playing too hard too fast and putting huge targets on their backs. Austin and Jace seem to be annoying people, Audrey has already drawn too much attention with her nonstop game talk, Jeff thinks Jason is a mastermind or something- there are a lot of other targets people will be gunning for before her.

Anybody what was going on with how the house treated Steve before the feeds came on?

(edited)

Vanessa's whole career is built around strategic lying.  She is also tough as nails at the tables.  Putting forth the opposite of who she really is makes for inherent advantage.  Putting out a weak vibe to couch actual fortitude and strength is absolutely an advantage.  Sitting back and being the least threat is just smart game.

Of course, she may just be a nut case.  :)

But, if it was planned, it was brilliant and well-executed.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 4

Yeah, this alliance has no shot of sticking together because Audrey and Da'Vonne clearly do not like or trust each other at all. I just want Jace to be put up when Steve comes down. I don't even care who gets evicted between him or Jackie, but I think it would be a fun week of him being on the block.

Steve won with the word Trombonist. I think I love him a little.

• Love 2

James got to pick have nots, and didn't pick himself. Maybe he just crashed in there for a while for some ridiculous reason? I can't imagine why anyone would choose to sleep in a dentist chair even for a nap, but whatever.

With this bunch of mixed nuts, it might be the only room in the House quiet enough to catch a nap.

• Love 2

No, @BlackMamba, Grodner had nothing to do with Austin learning Da'Vonne's true profession. He said she slipped up in a conversation with him. Proving once more why it's pointless to lie about what you do outside of the house.

I refuse to believe he's that clever.

• Love 3

I refuse to believe he's that clever.

What's clever about having a functional set of ears?

Also - which is more likely?

1. Austin is that clever.
  2. Da'Vonne is that inept at keeping her own secret.

My money's on #2.

• Love 3
(edited)

Ah! Per Big Brother Leak, Jeff and Jackie might actually be part of the core members of the High Rollers. Clay, Shelli, and Steve remain as outsiders, though.

High Rollers: James, Jason, Meg, Audrey, Da'vonne.

Their Plus 1s: Shelli, Jeff, Jackie, Clay, John

Shelltown: Austin, Jace, Liz/Julia

No alliance: Becky, Vanessa, Steve

ETA: Alliances so far https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIeYG-FVEAADCwP.png:large

Edited by Chrissytd
  • Love 2
(edited)

I find it hard to believe Da'Vonne would slip up this early, without crazy stress and/ or alcohol. Not saying it didn't happen, just saying I'd be really surprised, and I don't trust Grodner. Hell, I don't trust Austin to pick up a hundred dollar bill much less an inadvertent misstatement. Also might be a tad paranoid.

Have either of you heard them talking about it more? Just curious about details and I can't watch for a bit. I don't know if the house knowing she's a dealer would hurt her, but everyone knowing she lied probably would.

I'm thinking Vanessa really did get choked up over homesickness and decided to roll with it, which seems like a poker champ-type thing to do - playing the hand you're dealt and all. Maybe exaggerated it, dragged it out a little longer to use it to her advantage.

ETA: finding it "hard to believe" Da'Vonne would slip up was over-stating it. I guess I'd just be surprised. But not incredulous.

Edited by Turtle

I find it hard to believe Da'Vonne would slip up this early, without crazy stress and/ or alcohol. Not saying it didn't happen, just saying I'd be really surprised, and I don't trust Grodner. Hell, I don't trust Austin to pick up a hundred dollar bill much less an inadvertent misstatement. Also might be a tad paranoid.

It's not uncommon for DR to drop nuggets or drop questions in the DR session. Sure they wont out right tell you but after the last few seasons how they was crafty at saving their favs I put nothing past them. Austin could very well be their Frank. JMO.

Da'Vonne has shown nothing to me as being someone who would never make a screw-up. She's already lost her cool a few times. That said, sure, of course I could believe the diary room screwing her over, as well. 

Audrey really, really is a lot like Amanda. She even has that sort of thing where she seems to have an ego based on her confidence that the show must be giving her a great edit, like Amanda believed (due to the show picking her to be the one who told Aaryn to turn down the racist dial from a 12 to a 4). 

• Love 6

It is painful to watch Audrey and Da'Vonne even talk to each other at this point. They are both trying to sell something the other is clearly not buying, but neither one want to blow up the alliance yet, they just want to boot the other one as soon as possible. It makes for an extremely passive-aggressive dynamic.

I was a fan of Da'Vonne, but she is over playing just as much as Audrey right now. It's shaping up to be an epic showdown.

Meanwhile, I know absolutely nothing about Vanessa, John, Becky or Shelli. They are ghosts in this house right now for me.

(edited)

Meanwhile, I know absolutely nothing about Vanessa, John, Becky or Shelli. They are ghosts in this house right now for me.

That's a great thing for them. I have a feeling a lot of the "ghosts" and Steve as well will make it pretty far.

They are all observent they saw all the shennaingns going on today, they know they are all working together. Maybe some of them at working together but they aren't all dramatic so we aren't getting them on the feeds.

Edited by SiobhanJW
(edited)

Did anyone else catch Audrey knowing Vanessa went to Duke when none of the other HGs had heard Vanessa say anything about it? Things that make you go hmm. Plus Audrey saying flat out that she's playing Derrick's game. I smell producer interference and it's making me sick.

Even sicker than Jason thinking Duke is in Connecticut.

Edited by delicatecutter
  • Love 3
(edited)

I caught both of those.  I had to eyeroll Jason on at that.  But I thought Vanessa had probably mentioned Duke.  Now I'm wondering.

I'm genuinely surprised at how Clay is playing.  I didn't expect him to be so shady.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1

Da'Vonne's already considered the possibility that Liz is a twin. 

Kind of hard not to, right? "Remember that thing you just did?" "No." "What?" "Oh, I mean, oh, uhmmm...yeah, yeah, I remember it now."

• Love 3

Audrey's game is going to sink like the Titanic. She has formed an alliance with everyone. Now she has one with Vanessa. She stated in her talk with Vanessa there is one person she lost trust in (DaVonne).

It's like Audery is mixture of Amanda and Devin. She hasn't stopped making alliance deals and talking game all day.

Hope Jason and DaVonne have her figured out though.

• Love 1

Amanda's worthless strategy carried her pretty far... (Regrettably and disgustingly)

I don't think anyone will pick up on twins twist for at least two weeks. Even though they're all in heightened awareness looking out for twists now that they know they're coming, there are enough people playing super hard and enough crazy happening that I think the twins will be fine for a week, if not several. I doubt anyone notices any slight differences in them; they're thinking about saboteurs and America's player and Team America. At most, a few of them might think about the "secret couple" twist bc of Jeff/ Jackie. I doubt the twin twist is even on their radar.

Audrey trusts a new alliance every hour. It will be fun when she wins HOH while the BOTB is going on.

Now shes running game on Shelli. Shelli is probably going to be that person this year people will want to take to the end. Shes dingy but if you want the easy win that's who you take normally.

Kind of hard not to, right? "Remember that thing you just did?" "No." "What?" "Oh, I mean, oh, uhmmm...yeah, yeah, I remember it now."

This is why they need to explain the logistics of this twin thing. How do the twins have to "get found out" for it to count? Do you have to call the person out? Tell the diary room? Get the entire house to believe it? What?

From the feeds, I really hope Day gets over her irrational Steve dislike and forms an alliance with him, Vanessa, and Johnny Mac. They seem like a good foursome that could go far. 

• Love 1

Re the twin twist, I was looking at the cast page on CBS' Big Brother site and noticed something interesting about the links for each houseguest. Before Jackie and Jeff showed up, the links were numbered 215040 - 215053. Then Jackie and Jeff's links were numbered 215056 and 515057, respectively. Numbers 215054 and 215055 are unaccounted for. Making a big guess here, could there be two sets of twins and two more people will eventually be added to the cast list?

• Love 2

If Audrey is booted soon, then I just hope that the reason is accurately shown to be her extreme overplaying.  I don't want a very special episode in which every borderline, maybe intolerant remark they can find is shown out of context to paint all of the houseguests as transphobic assholes.

• Love 1

It's not uncommon for DR to drop nuggets or drop questions in the DR session. Sure they wont out right tell you but after the last few seasons how they was crafty at saving their favs I put nothing past them. Austin could very well be their Frank. JMO.

Well, we all know that Grodner has a thing for wrestlers.

• Love 2
(edited)

From the feeds, I really hope Day gets over her irrational Steve dislike ...

I was reading up on last night and I think I know now why Dae hates Steve so much. Apparently, he said something homophobic before the feeds turned on. It seemed to really bother Jason, who is Dae's closest friend and ally.

Now, multiple people have talked about this, so I do believe it happened. But, considering Vanessa seems so protective of Steve, I imagine what he said was more of an ignorant comment rather than something malicious.

ETA: Just read that Steve said yesterday that what he said was not ok and he's trying to make up for it.

Edited by peachmangosteen

Jason was talking about the Steve comment and said he (Jason) had a friend that died and that's why the comment upset him so.  Jason also said he knew BB would never air the comment.

Also about Steve, before the feeds went live he hid in a trash can to eavesdrop.  If this is true,well that is the most epic use of a trashcan in BB history! (sorry Amanda)

This is a touchy subject (and I am not a MD) but anyone else getting Aspergers vibes from Steve?  Not saying he has it just have noticed he fits the profile in some ways.  

ABout Austin knowing Da'Vonne isn't a teacher.  Most teachers, especially 2nd grade teachers don't use curse words and drop the N word like that.  They make an effort to eliminate these words from their everyday speech so they don't use them in the classroom.  Plus,she would care more about it being shown on endless youtube videos.   Plus she's been asking for a deck of cards and miming dealing them.  It doesn't take a masters degree in medieval romantic literature to figure it out.

• Love 9

This is a touchy subject (and I am not a MD) but anyone else getting Aspergers vibes from Steve?  Not saying he has it just have noticed he fits the profile in some ways.  

Asperger's isn't really considered an official diagnosis these days. While it's possible that Steve could possibly be somewhere on the autism spectrum (no one will ever know for certain unless he discloses it), not all socially awkward people are on the spectrum. I grew up being extremely shy and it worried my parents a bit but I started college part time at 13 and then full time at 15 and to a large extent I grew out of my shyness. I was never diagnosed as being anywhere on or near the autistic spectrum. I am still somewhat reserved/shy when I'm around new people but I seem to be able to override it in a business environment.

Regarding why Da'vonne may have an issue with Steve, I didn't see anything about the homophobic remark on the feeds myself, but if multiple people in the house are talking about hearing him say it, even if it was just him being socially unaware, I guess it could have happened unintentionally on his part. What I did see on the feeds was Audrey talking to Steve about how other HGs were bothered by the fact that he was always up and walking around. I think they may have thought he was trying to pull an Andy from BB15 and eavesdrop on everyone? From what I gathered from the convo between Steve and Audrey, James and Jason seemed the most put off by this behavior and he tried to tell them that he was only doing it because he needed to move around - there wasn't any hidden agenda. From the way Audrey replied, it sounded like James and Jason weren't convinced by this explanation.

Also, I heard they have ants already! Da'vonne was complaining about being bitten by something and she mentioned that it may have been the ants. Given the way that house looks already, it is going to be amazing if they don't end up with roaches or worse before too long.

• Love 1