Type keyword(s) to search

Kelly File: Duggar Interview Part 2 2015.06.05

I think the Duggars thought viewers would applaud their making Josh pay for his own therapy, but instead everyone is giving a collective WTF?! He did horrible things, but he was a minor and his parents were legally responsible for him. I wonder if Social Services was privy to this little gem when they were fawning over what aaah-maaaayyy-zinngg parents JimBob and Michelle were.

• Love 7

I'm not going to bash Jessa for not comforting Jill. I grew up with an indifferent mother.  I am not a jump to your side, give you a hug, kind of person.  However, I am very sensitive, and cry daily over some sentimental commercial/movie/etc.  I try to maintain control by holding myself rigid, which, I guess, could come off as aloof.

As for the tears...both of these ladies are hormonal -- either because of current pregnancies or post-pregnancy.  I remember how my emotions were all over the place...so, while Jill shed tears...a lot of it, I would put down to hormones.  And I wouldn't put it past the parents to have put her in that position, exactly for that reason (tears to elicit sympathy for their cause).

I couldn't understand what they kept talking about, saying things are getting twisted.  What's getting twisted? The reports are factual.  It is what it is.

The way they kept looking at each other for words/guidance/whatever....to me, that lent an air of...uncredible-ness to the whole thing.  Like, I couldn't trust what they were saying, even when they could say it.

The whole thing made me angry.  They'll miss the show if it doesn't continue.  They'll miss the the $$$ and perks.

• Love 8

I hope Josh is starting the first chapter of his tell-all where he throws these Lying Liars who Lie under the bus. He should just say he was a perv and that his parents and sisters are lying about it now so they can keep their show. I'd have more respect for him than I do for his parents and J & J if he did that. I would also rather hear from Jana- who doesn't have a spin-off in the works.

• Love 10

The interview went as I thought it would. I never expected Jill and Jessa to speak out against their family. I never thought they would say anything different than Jim Bob and Michelle. If they forgave Josh and he had to earn back their trust that is fine. They should feel however they want to feel about it all, and not let Jim Bob, Michelle, or the public tell them how they think they should feel.

• Love 2
(edited)

''This "people are out to get us" business is crap.''

Of course it is. From the beginning of this which goes back years, there were people who were insiders who were the ones emailing, calling, posting online.

The Duggars know it too, but their warped brainwashed weak minds are programmed to accuse all people their beliefs say are evil.  

The ONLY time in both interviews when the parents and daughters got upset and spoke off script is when they talked about who outed them.  Rapid speech, Michelle's real voice, spewing out their hate.

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 13
(edited)
The only thing I did agree with was Jill saying how the media publicizing the story was traumatic all over again. I can completely understand that. Nobody wants the entire world to suddenly find out they were molested by a family member. That's just not the kind of private info you want printed in a tabloid, regardless of how long ago it happened.

I was surprised by how much I felt for them and agreed with them on this point as well.  I don't agree that this was part of the "liberal agenda," and my eyes pretty much rolled all the way in the back of my head when they started talking about the exploitation of women (Maybe one day they will realize they are part of a lifestyle that inherently exploits women and girls, their wombs, and their domestic labor.  Maybe...).  And I understand that pretty much every legal expert who's weighed in on this has come out and said that the report was released legally.  But I don't think it was *right* that it was released.  While compliance with the FOIA request may have been within the *letter* of the law, I don't think it was within the *spirit* of the law to release a document in which underage molestation victims were so easily identifiable.  I think that their anger on this point is real and understandable.

But, yeah...otherwise, this went pretty much as I expected.  Softball question, sound bite, sound bite.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Edited because my eyes rolled into the back of MY head, not THEIR head.  

Edited by ladle
  • Love 10

I think we'll hear from Josh. I think right now he's being forcibly prevented from speaking, because even Camp Duggar has to know that he'd inevitably be an ass, and (more importantly) not follow their chosen narrative. Josh likes to improvise; Josh thinks he's smart. Josh also likes attention, a lot. I don't know how long they'll be able to hold him down. I think at some point either he'll give an interview independently, or he'll act out in some other way that will get him attention. Like a half-assed suicide attempt -- the kind that isn't meant to succeed.

They helped him build up his inflated ego and his monstrous sense of entitlement. I doubt they can keep it contained forever.

• Love 11
(edited)

I watched neither interview because I don't have cable, so I, like many others, thank all of you for your recaps and insights. My jaw just keeps dropping lower and lower. It seems like the interviews were  nothing more than Jim Bob and Michelle publicly going completely off the rails, desperately trying to convince themselves and everyone else that Josh is 100% today and the victims are happy-go-lucky God-girls skipping through the clover patches of forgiveness. The desperation to publicly save face and convince themselves (more than anyone else, I think) that it's all hunky dory is just sad and disturbing. The only radical conservatives that I've seen come out in full support of this disaster are Huckabee and Palin, not exactly the brainiacs of the movement, and in any case I'm sure that the "support" is politically motivated in terms of what they think will generate public support for their campaigns (like I said, not brainiacs.) Everyone else, ultra conservative, ultra liberal, fundamentalist Christian, Catholic, Jewish, atheist, etc etc etc is just as disturbed and disgusted as I am. What in the hell were they thinking? Don't they have ANYBODY close to them who talks sense?

From what I have seen here and elsewhere online, Jill and Jessa were heavily coached and coerced into everything they said. I have no doubt that they were happy to do it, that's how they've been raised, they're doing what they genuinely believe is right and I'm sure there is at least an outward sense of righteousness that they're clinging to. I can understand that. Who knows what's going on inside. Probably not even they do. Jim Bob was probably standing three feet away giving them the glare of forgiveness. Someone made the excellent point that Jill and Jessa were the carefully-chosen, married, "godly" victims paraded out for this interview because nobody else could be 100% trusted. Least of all Josh. Can you imagine his pudgy red face all indignant about the librul media and agendas and persecution and "I mean lordy, I forgave myself years ago!" shit? Even Megyn Kelly would have a hard time not throwing up.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 15

You can tell when Jessa had a hard time regurgitating the script because she'd stall and say "like".

"He’s very subtle anyway. Like, he knew in his mind, ‘My actions are wrong and I have bad intentions.’ But he was very sly, like, ‘The girls didn’t catch on.’ Like, you catch the girls sleeping, a quick feel or whatever… Or like, in the situations that happened where the girls were awake, they weren’t aware of what was happening. It was very subtle… It wasn’t a horror story.”

I didn't watch because I had a feeling this would be a trainwreck based on the first interview, and based on y'alls comments it was.

IMHO, if you read between the lines of Jessa's quote, even though she is publically supporting the family message, she is throwing a whole lotta hate and shade at old Josh.  Maybe it is just my wishful thinking, but I hear ."...Josh, you pathetic dick, you can even get molestation right.  Loser, you ruined the gig for all of us!" 

Jessa's entire persona screams "I am not a victim!  Josh will not screw this up for me!"

Hate can carry you a long way...and in Jessa's case, maybe, one can hope, it can carry her straight out of Duggarville and the insanity all of these kids have endured.

Jessa may be uneducated and inarticulate, but girl has gumption and game - GO Jessa!

Jill, not so much...as many posters have alluded to, Jill seems to be in sensory overload. And rightly so. Again, only MHO, she is in full blown crisis.  I hope Derrick and his family will get her some professional help, cause God knows her lame ass, "Christian" perfectionist parents probably won't.  

Man, I loath Jim Bob & Michelle for warping those girls, and I myself am normally a pretty forgiving Christian. They emotionally abused them, and killed their spirits, and then Josh steps up to the abuse plate and puts the cherry on top with sexual abuse. Yeah, Josh is one sick puppy, but consider the source.

Thanks for all posters that watched and reported so I didn't have to.  I think it is time for me to walk away from this hot mess and go back to the reality tv world and the "safeguards" of the Housewives. 

• Love 12

I wish I could of been a fly on the wall after the interview was over as we all know the rest of the family and Grandmom were around the dining room table hearing the whole interview. I would of loved to hear all their thoughts about what was said.

• Love 4

Jill also added a comment to the effect of "and sometimes it's higher"; so 100%?

Jesus. Watching Jill try to cope with concepts like statistics is kind of horrifying, and kind of hilarious. It happens in 2/3 of families and sometimes it's higher? That makes no sense. She has no actual understanding of what she said.

• Love 9

Jesus. Watching Jill try to cope with concepts like statistics is kind of horrifying, and kind of hilarious. It happens in 2/3 of families and sometimes it's higher? That makes no sense. She has no actual understanding of what she said.

Well knowing that Jill got her education around that dining room table I can't say I'm surprised that she can't quote statistics properly. Also, if we limit the pool to only Gothard families maybe there IS a much higher likelihood of incest/abuse among the children. It's just very sad (and sickening) that those numbers might be anywhere close to correct. 

• Love 2

Josh will never be paid to speak publicly again.  He'd be lucky to get a spot on a celebrity boxing show against Danny Bonaduce.

I was actually thinking, earlier, how interesting it would be to see almost any one of the Duggars plonked down in a season of "Dancing with the Stars"....

• Love 3

I was actually thinking, earlier, how interesting it would be to see almost any one of the Duggars plonked down in a season of "Dancing with the Stars"....

Well, if Bristol Palin could do it......

• Love 4

One of the victims is still a minor, so I'm guessing that may be part of the reason she wasn't interviewed, i guess they just decided to allow Jessa and Jill be the spokespeople.

Here's what I don't understand, how both Megyn and the Duggars are going on and on about how evil the media is, while doing a media interview. I mean, I get that they have a right to tell their side or what they were told was their side, but if the media is as bad as you say, then why not just walk away? And as far as Megyn is concerned, it's all the evil media, but you sure did swoop right in to get your interview, and without this interview I would still not know who you were.

I don't know what to say about this interview, I don't really want to criticize them because I do agree that regardless of how much was dealt with prior to all of this coming out, it is in a sense a revictimization, so I don't want to take that lightly, but I also don't think they did anyone any good with their interview by minimizing the pain of being molested. If they really are ok and have moved on, then good for them, but I guess I would feel better if they fessed up to it being scary, hurtful, creepy, violated... Whatever they felt, but that they worked through it vs how they are saying it really wasn't a big deal.

I think, even more important, the other two daughters who were molested were definitely awake and aware of what Josh did to them.  Jill and Jessa have plausible deniability.  The other two would have to claim not to remember it because they were too young, but we know both were at least 5.  They'd also have to claim that, despite the fact that their parents had supposedly spoken to the whole clan more then a year before they were molested, warning them about good and bad touch, that neither one of them had any idea that their brother was doing something wrong when he put his hand in their pants and fondled them.  We know this was direct skin to skin touching, even the parents admit that.  How could anyone believe then that these girls, who had supposedly been fully educated and warned about molestation, ha no idea what he was doing and were completely unaffected by it afterwards?

• Love 8
(edited)

I think we'll hear from Josh. I think right now he's being forcibly prevented from speaking, because even Camp Duggar has to know that he'd inevitably be an ass, and (more importantly) not follow their chosen narrative. Josh likes to improvise; Josh thinks he's smart. Josh also likes attention, a lot. I don't know how long they'll be able to hold him down. I think at some point either he'll give an interview independently, or he'll act out in some other way that will get him attention. Like a half-assed suicide attempt -- the kind that isn't meant to succeed.

They helped him build up his inflated ego and his monstrous sense of entitlement. I doubt they can keep it contained forever.

I imagine that right now there are press people camped out at every location they think Josh might be, just waiting to ambush him.  If he doesn't visit a plastic surgeon, change his name and move his family to Argentina, he's going to have to say something sooner or later.He'd be better off giving an interview that he's prepped for.

For both of these girls, the molestation happened quite literally half a lifetime ago. I would have been perfectly fine with them saying they didn't really remember what happened or what they said to the police. Of course, I would also have been perfectly fine respecting their right to privacy by keeping quiet and not self-identifying. The only people who have "re-victimized" them are their parents.

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 5

The costumers would quit.

• Love 20

Well knowing that Jill got her education around that dining room table I can't say I'm surprised that she can't quote statistics properly. Also, if we limit the pool to only Gothard families maybe there IS a much higher likelihood of incest/abuse among the children. It's just very sad (and sickening) that those numbers might be anywhere close to correct.

Well yes, the 2/3 measure is horrible and the idea that it might be higher -- I don't even have an adjective for that. But I'm still shaking my head over poor Jill who thinks she's making their case stronger, while demonstrating that she doesn't even know what a statistic is. If it happens in 2/3 of families, then that's how much it happens, overall. There is no "sometimes."

:-)

Josh will never be paid to speak publicly again.  He'd be lucky to get a spot on a celebrity boxing show against Danny Bonaduce.

I'd watch that. ;-)

• Love 5

The only people who have "re-victimized" them is their parents.

No, I am going to disagree.

The police report even redacted makes it crystal clear who Josh's victims were (with the exception of number five) and Michelle and Jimbob did not participate in making that public and that IS where the re-victimization starts.

Now are Michelle and Jimbob behind the interviews? Yup. Are the girls under extreme pressure to smile and say to the media how they're cool with Josh because Jesus? Yup - and all that re-victimization is on Jimbob and Michelle. But if for no other reason than money, I don't think Michelle and Jimbob ever wanted their daughters molestation status publicized.

• Love 9

Yep. Josh and Anna, with abundant photos of their cute children. Round three.

I've had a lot of up close and personal dealings with people who have fallen down the cult rabbit hole and can't climb out. They see their value as being martyrs for a higher truth that others cannot understand. They paradoxically suffer from the physical, emotional, financial, and other abuses that being in a cult entails and display a sense of entitlement for being chosen for this calling. Cults are hierarchies; those in high positions have the most hubris and those on the low ends have the most suffering. Josh is a grown man in ATI. He wants to fight back against the enemies that have unfairly (in his mind) attacked him and his family. He will have the narrative down, however, before his controlling father will allow this to happen. Giving an interview, certainly, is the last thing that poor, frightened Anna wants to do. She will put on her game face and do it because she sees no choice. 

• Love 5

I hope Josh is starting the first chapter of his tell-all where he throws these Lying Liars who Lie under the bus. He should just say he was a perv and that his parents and sisters are lying about it now so they can keep their show. I'd have more respect for him than I do for his parents and J & J if he did that. I would also rather hear from Jana- who doesn't have a spin-off in the works.

Agree. Wouldn't it be something if Josh is the one who confesses everything. In my dreams I wish Jana would talk and have the spinoff after deprogramming, but I don't think that will happen.

Jessa and Jill are following procedure for abuse ala Gothard ATI or whatever that chart is. They are able to access social media now. Jessa has 165,000 followers and she follows 12 people. They only want information to travel ONE way. What are they afraid of?

It boggles my mind that an interview would have so many things incorrect or outright lies and the interviewer wouldn't point them out. The bogus statistics, the discrepancies regarding the police report all make me think that FOX was not interviewing them, but rather just giving them air time.  

• Love 5
(edited)

I did not watch it on Fox but caught it on Dr. Drew.  I had no idea of all the years and occurrences.  I will say this, mom and dad Duggar were rolling out the years and the occurrences and what took place.  While this was being rolled out, I was yelling at the tv, "It is escalating!".  I was surprised to find out the Josh himself told them on more then one occasion of his acts.  I think he wanted help and he got none.  For the parents to trivialize over the clothes under the clothes, parts of the body etc is way off.  It seems to me that the youngest victim was the last victim and she was victimized on a number of occasions in different parts of the house.  Like he was chasing her down.  I guess the family closet does not work after all.  To be so caught up in a cult that the only people you contact are in the cult and they all have their own issues with molestation, is crazy.  The parents did know one legal term - parents are not court ordered mandates.

My views:

• To rewrite childhood for an offender is crazy and shows your girls they just don't matter.  No more hide and seek for that game is made by the devil himself.  Kids learn not to trust anyone.
  •  
  • All the kids are victims even Josh.  He could have gotten help but received none.
  •  
  • Josh was probably molested himself and instead of seeking actual help for the whole family nothing was done.
  •  
  • The girls are brainwashed and I did not know that Jill will install the "safe guards" in her own home.  Shocking and sad.

I have to sum up and say that Michelle and Jimbob looked like idiots who only went to 2nd grade.  Their lack of knowing one iota of anything about any part of this scandal is a story unto itself.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 7

I've only just brought myself to watch some of it. I do think that when Jill talked about having "safeguards" in her household, she was referring to the Gothard system of having kids confess every thought and deed to their parents, and not so much about having locks on the door. Not that any of that is normal.

What the hll is wrong with Megyn Kelly's nose?

• Love 3

I watched neither interview because I don't have cable, so I, like many others, thank all of you for your recaps and insights. My jaw just keeps dropping lower and lower. It seems like the interviews were  nothing more than Jim Bob and Michelle publicly going completely off the rails, desperately trying to convince themselves and everyone else that Josh is 100% today and the victims are happy-go-lucky God-girls skipping through the clover patches of forgiveness. The desperation to publicly save face and convince themselves (more than anyone else, I think) that it's all hunky dory is just sad and disturbing. The only radical conservatives that I've seen come out in full support of this disaster are Huckabee and Palin, not exactly the brainiacs of the movement, and in any case I'm sure that the "support" is politically motivated in terms of what they think will generate public support for their campaigns (like I said, not brainiacs.) Everyone else, ultra conservative, ultra liberal, fundamentalist Christian, Catholic, Jewish, atheist, etc etc etc is just as disturbed and disgusted as I am. What in the hell were they thinking? Don't they have ANYBODY close to them who talks sense?

From what I have seen here and elsewhere online, Jill and Jessa were heavily coached and coerced into everything they said. I have no doubt that they were happy to do it, that's how they've been raised, they're doing what they genuinely believe is right and I'm sure there is at least an outward sense of righteousness that they're clinging to. I can understand that. Who knows what's going on inside. Probably not even they do. Jim Bob was probably standing three feet away giving them the glare of forgiveness. Someone made the excellent point that Jill and Jessa were the carefully-chosen, married, "godly" victims paraded out for this interview because nobody else could be 100% trusted. Least of all Josh. Can you imagine his pudgy red face all indignant about the librul media and agendas and persecution and "I mean lordy, I forgave myself years ago!" shit? Even Megyn Kelly would have a hard time not throwing up.

Here you are. You can watch the full interview yourself on Youtube.  Enjoy  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAJ_dupJr7U

I've only just brought myself to watch some of it. I do think that when Jill talked about having "safeguards" in her household, she was referring to the Gothard system of having kids confess every thought and deed to their parents, and not so much about having locks on the door. Not that any of that is normal.

What the hll is wrong with Megyn Kelly's nose?

Some Suami's are said to have a 'third eye' but I think Megyn Kelly has a third nostril.  wut up wit dat?

• Love 4

I take the "Joshie paid for his own counseling" line as continuing the "tender heart" narrative. He felt so bad he wanted to take full responsibility for it. The fact that said counseling cannot be proved and his lack of income are to be ignored.

Josh came back from "rehab" a changed person according to Jessa. Then he must've really been a dick before since he cracked the "double dating" joke about Jana and John David chaperoning him and Anna well after this happened. O.o

As for Jill and Jessa being trotted out for this interview, never ever forget Jim Boob's damaged Christmas bicycle story. The molested girls are not "pure". The other two girls are "damaged goods", but these two are safely married off so we can expose them. So. Much. Hate.

Finally, I don't recall as much sympathy for Anna "Chickadee" Cardwell when she was "outed" as the victim in the Honey Boo Boo nastiness. Was it less offensive to people because of the "white trash" factor? She hurts just as much.

Very good point about HBB's sister Anna. All I've seen of HBB have been brief glimpses while surfing the dial, and TLC commercials for it. But the leghumpers do need to explain why the Duggars deserve privacy, consideration and a chance to start over, and the HBB family didn't. As far as I know, none of the Boo-Boo family have been bashing LGBT individuals, working for hate groups etc.

I take the "Joshie paid for his own counseling" line as continuing the "tender heart" narrative. He felt so bad he wanted to take full responsibility for it. The fact that said counseling cannot be proved and his lack of income are to be ignored.

Josh came back from "rehab" a changed person according to Jessa. Then he must've really been a dick before since he cracked the "double dating" joke about Jana and John David chaperoning him and Anna well after this happened. O.o

• Love 4

and where is Grandma.....

I sincerely hope that they don't trot her out to speak about this.  She's had enough of her precious golden years stolen by her charlatan family and their skidmarks.

Speaking of family, I've been wondering what Miss Cathy thinks of this crap.  As if that poor lady isn't going through enough right now.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm really surprised Kelly didn't address this point.  I also do not understand why Michelle and Jim Bob acted as though it were a good thing that they required Josh to pay for his own health care.  It mostly left me wondering if they force their other kids to pay for health care.  Like, will Josie need to reimburse them for her lengthy hospitalization or for that ambulance ride she took when she had a seizure?  

I just don't get the school of thought on having a child pay for their own treatment.  anyone have an explanation for this?

Other than "Hey, it's the Duggars..." I got nothing. Been watching from the beginning but am still amazed at the odd things I learn about them. This is just one more. If it's actually true that Josh paid for his own "treatment", I might add. Someone else posted that she has the feeling another shoe is going to drop, and increasingly I'm beginning to feel that way myself. 

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 6

You know, I'm not all that concerned about Josh. I don't mean that I'm not concerned because I want bad things to happen to him or anything like that. I mean that I'm not concerned because I don't think he's capable of the level of introspection that would lead to the kind of breakdown you're describing. He's been raised as the "precious" oldest son of a highly patriarchal family in a highly patriarchal system. Basically, it seems like his whole life he's been brought up to believe that he's the second (only to JimBob) most important member of the family and that everyone else is, to an extent, there to serve him. To me, his smugness is a sign that he's internalized that message and, at some level, really believes it. I could see him being angry about this, and maybe even embarrassed. But I just don't think he's self-aware enough to be ashamed or depressed about it.

Agree. Josh has had years to compartmentalize this, rationalize this, basically forget this. With all the Crown Prince support he's received from his parents, I'm fairly sure he sees this as a "glitch" of his own and has pretty much set it aside. I agree that he's probably not self-aware enough to be humiliated or despairing of this.

• Love 6

After this Duggar saga, I am convinced that truth is stranger than fiction. I never really watched the show, but loved the forums, so become more involved. I pictured JB and Michelle as harmless dolts and liked most of the kids especially the older and the little girls. Now I am just sad. How any parent regardless of their religion believes that one gender is more valuable than the other is beyond my imagination. I wrote TLC and said I'd never watch any remake/reboot of the show and would boycott sponsors. Time for the Duggars to disappear. I wish them all well, even Josh.

• Love 12
JoanArc, on 06 Jun 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

Jessa explicitly stated there weren't any other big family secrets, so you can bet there are. You know how the mob moves buried bodies, to cover their butts? I'm sure Jim Bob is doing the equivalent.

But don't worry, they're not TV people. Says Jessa, in perfect makeup, into a camera, in the house perfectly setup for filming, next to her sister, who's holding  a script.

What was the supposed significance of that, anyway? "We are not a TV family, we are just a family on TV".

Yeah, you guys are just regular folk.

• Love 7

What was the supposed significance of that, anyway? "We are not a TV family, we are just a family on TV".

To say that the show isn't important, and cancellation would be no big deal. An obvious lie.

• Love 5
(edited)

I sincerely hope that they don't trot her out to speak about this.  She's had enough of her precious golden years stolen by her charlatan family and their skidmarks.

Speaking of family, I've been wondering what Miss Cathy thinks of this crap.  As if that poor lady isn't going through enough right now.

Miss Cathy has gone through so much, and she doesn't deserve having to wonder if her grandchildren are safe around their mom's family.  Grandma - nothing's been stolen from her, and she's as big as a charlatan as the rest of her family. She may even be the ringleader

Jessa explicitly stated there weren't any other big family secrets, so you can bet there are. You know how the mob moves buried bodies, to cover their butts? I'm sure Jim Bob is doing the equivalent.

But don't worry, they're not TV people. Says Jessa, in perfect makeup, into a camera, in the house perfectly setup for filming, next to her sister, who's holding  a script.

I know Jessa isn't a very affectionate - verbally or physically - person, and that's her prerogative, but the first thing that flashed my mind when Jill was trying her best to muster up some whiny tears, wast "Jessa won't move an inch to comfort Jill, because it might mess up her hair."

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 10
JoanArc, on 06 Jun 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

To say that the show isn't important, and cancellation would be no big deal. An obvious lie.

But it's a MINISTRY, so it must be important!

• Love 5

Jill and Jessa may genuinely believe they're okay with the show being cancelled, but they'll be in for a rude awakening when Daddy Duggar starts tightening the purse strings. Jill and Derick choose to be dependent on Boob, while Jessa and Ben ARE dependent on Boob. A generic Associates Degree doesn't mean squat in today's job market and it would take years for Ben to get a ministry off the ground. It's a good thing they took that European honeymoon before the shit hit the fan, because those days are over.

• Love 19