Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Bastet said:

Hearing Elton John's "Rocket Man" on the radio on the way home today reminded me how much I love this commercial of people bungling the lyrics:

"I told you it wasn't provolone" makes it art.

i had never seen this one but it is really a good fun one, should be used now in place of some of the current ones

• Like 2

I am digging the KFC commercial where the woman is singing/thinking "I got a big ole bowl for five bucks".  Something about her enthusiasm is very infectious, and I smile just watching her being so excited about her big ole bowl that she got for only five bucks.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Yeah but those bowls are gross.

4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Yeah, it looks like a big ol' bowl of probably stale leftovers.

I’ve not tried them and I agree they don’t look the most appetizing (and probably aren’t as big as they claim they are).  But she seems so happy about her bowl, I can’t help but be happy for her. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

PlutoTV is playing the bejesus out of this one, so I’m sure I’ll get tired of it soon:

“You could bring your in-laws to Vegas, but why would you?”

Husband and Father-in-law are arguing over who picks up the check. The fight escalates, so the whole restaurant is watching. The last line delivered by the Mother-in-law and the Wife’s expression  had me cackling. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

PlutoTV is playing the bejesus out of this one, so I’m sure I’ll get tired of it soon:

“You could bring your in-laws to Vegas, but why would you?”

Husband and Father-in-law are arguing over who picks up the check. The fight escalates, so the whole restaurant is watching. The last line delivered by the Mother-in-law and the Wife’s expression  had me cackling. 

I just saw it for the first time last night, and I cracked up, too.  "I can't believe you let your father pick up the check."  Unfortunately, I can't find it online to share.

I also love "You can bring your kids to Vegas, but why would you?" where the dad tricks the kid into saying he doesn't want to go with them by telling him all the food there is made of broccoli.  I normally find jokes about kids not eating vegetables quite tired, but he made me laugh.  (There's a long one where he also tells him there are dentists everywhere, but I like the one that's just about broccoli.)  That one I found:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
7 hours ago, Bastet said:

I just saw it for the first time last night, and I cracked up, too.  "I can't believe you let your father pick up the check."  Unfortunately, I can't find it online to share.

I also love "You can bring your kids to Vegas, but why would you?" where the dad tricks the kid into saying he doesn't want to go with them by telling him all the food there is made of broccoli.  I normally find jokes about kids not eating vegetables quite tired, but he made me laugh.  (There's a long one where he also tells him there are dentists everywhere, but I like the one that's just about broccoli.)  That one I found:

I stop and watch this one every time I see it. Something about both actors' performances just tickles me.

• Like 2
On 4/17/2023 at 4:41 PM, peacheslatour said:

Yeah but those bowls are gross.

I've had the bowls occasionally.  In the winter, on very cold days, the bowls are okay because they are served fairly hot, which is what I;m looking for if I need a quick lunch to warm up.  Few fast food places serve hot food.  Usually its barely lukewarm. They are okay, mashed potatoes, gravy, chicken, corn and a liitle cheese on top.  I've had worse.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

I've had the bowls occasionally.  In the winter, on very cold days, the bowls are okay because they are served fairly hot, which is what I;m looking for if I need a quick lunch to warm up.  Few fast food places serve hot food.  Usually its barely lukewarm. They are okay, mashed potatoes, gravy, chicken, corn and a liitle cheese on top.  I've had worse.

I'd probably ask them to omit the cheese, but otherwise they seem okay.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

There's just a sprinkling of cheese on the top.

The rest of the year I wouldn't be interested in ordering this (or even going to KFC.  I prefer Poprye's, esp. since they brought back Cajun Rice.)

• Like 2
5 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I'm not a fan of cheese and gravy together.  So I'd probably hate poutine. 😏

Yeah, I have no problem with the mashed potatoes, gravy and chicken but I would not want cheese in it, especially with corn.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Yeah, I have no problem with the mashed potatoes, gravy and chicken but I would not want cheese in it, especially with corn.

There's not enough of it on a KFC bowl to even notice.

Someone asked if they used yesterday's chicken in them & the answer is sometimes as most of it goes into their chicken pot pies which is why both can be unavailable.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

What about elotes? That's roasted corn on the cob with butter, sour cream or mayonnaise, chile powder, salt, lime, grated cheese.  I can't think of anything tastier.

38 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

There's not enough of it on a KFC bowl to even notice.

Someone asked if they used yesterday's chicken in them & the answer is sometimes as most of it goes into their chicken pot pies which is why both can be unavailable.

The cheese is just a sprinkling of grated cheese. (I think its there for the color)  But they make the bowls as you watch so you can probably say no cheese.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1

Just saw a Geico commercial where the lizard tries hot wings, my wife thinks it's really funny because he repeats everything I've said for years whenever she makes anything even slightly hot, especially the "my lips are burning part". Absolutely spot on.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

All of the discussion about the KFC bowls is making me really want one now.  I am taking a kid on a road trip for a soccer tournament this weekend.  KFC is my favourite road trip fast food (and unfortunately, the rest of my family's absolute least favorite).  I'm thinking we will be making two stops for lunch.  I am absolutely determined to get my "big ole bowl for five bucks"!

• Like 3

I'm probably a party of one here, but I laugh every time I see the latest Wendy's ad with the two workers (skinny blond guy and black mustache guy) singing 'Bad Boys'. Dumb, but funny.

OTOH, I know it's been discussed to death, but the Lume woman! My God, how does she know 98% of the people who buy her crap use it on places other than armpits??!!!

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

OTOH, I know it's been discussed to death, but the Lume woman! My God, how does she know 98% of the people who buy her crap use it on places other than armpits??!!!

Because she tells them to!

• LOL 10
On 4/19/2023 at 1:51 PM, proserpina65 said:

The one currently running is mac and cheese and chicken and cheese, so definitely lots of cheese. 

(edited)
15 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

The one currently running is mac and cheese and chicken and cheese, so definitely lots of cheese. 

It seems like, as with chicken sandwiches, once one fast food joint added mac and cheese, all the others had to also.  Then they start adding things to the mac and cheese to supposedly stand out.

Edited by Tom Holmberg
  • Like 4
16 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

That would be okay as long as it doesn't have the mashed potatoes and gravy.  Those are the things I don't want with cheese.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Just saw the Feliway Optimum commercial. I've heard of Feliway but I was laughing at the cat who looked stoned. Yeah, he's calm all right. 😼

I had to rewind to look again, and it uses a diffuser. I'm not sure I want to breathe in aerated cat pheromones. Will it make me not want to scratch the sofa or pee on pillows? What a bummer.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
17 minutes ago, nokat said:

Just saw the Feliway Optimum commercial. I've heard of Feliway but I was laughing at the cat who looked stoned. Yeah, he's calm all right. 😼

I had to rewind to look again, and it uses a diffuser. I'm not sure I want to breathe in aerated cat pheromones. Will it make me not want to scratch the sofa or pee on pillows? What a bummer.

Well, all I can say is I’ve been using this or something similar off and on for years, and I’m totally chill with it 😉

• Like 5
  • Wink 3
  • LOL 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, nokat said:

I tried the Feliway years ago, because even after being fixed, my Boo sprayed the slider in the kitchen and the window covering. I didn't see much improvement and  finally stopped it. It probably wasn't the "Optimum" of today, but it just didn't work for us.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Useful 3

It worked wonders for us. I had had a giant leak & workmen were in and out for DAYS, not to mention the dehumidifiers and fans going 24 hours a day. Even chill Bosco was weirded out, so I put them in the bedroom with food in one corner, litter boxes in the opposite corner and a Feliway Diffuser. I slept next to the diffuser and it didn't change my behavior, but Stella & Bosco mellowed out a bit.

THEN the flooring guys were coming, so I boarded them for 5 days. Joanne, the kennel manager, said Stella hid under her blanket the whole time. When I got them home, we did the Feliway again & the cats calmed down.

When I went into the hospital for a week, my late brother & SIL took my cats home with them, along with their beds, food, boxes, and Feliway.  I didn't get the diffuser back. Carmen's cats liked it too much, even Shithead Noah.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1