Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Just when I thought my love for Jon Hamm had subsided this happens 

And this...

Those were pretty good. Even though he was in Man Men and Good Omens I always remember John Hamm from Lorelai's bad date in the Gilmore Girls after which both their parents especially their mother totally freaked out about Lorelai's refusing to go on a second date with. We never see the date only Lorelai telling Rory afterwards how he was really into cars and pilot's license or how John thought about the date. But given how his mother started it all makes me imagining John Hamm going crying to his mommy because Lorelai wouldn't go on a second date with him and his mommy calling her mommy. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

It looks like the insurance commercials upped their games!  I tend to enjoy the Geico home insurance ads, and this new one had me laughing.  It may or may not hit a little close to home. Watch the short trailer after the commercial for another little laugh.

made

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, cynicat said:

It looks like the insurance commercials upped their games!  I tend to enjoy the Geico home insurance ads, and this new one had me laughing.  It may or may not hit a little close to home. Watch the short trailer after the commercial for another little laugh.

made

Where you going for dinner 1987?! 😂 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Those were pretty good. Even though he was in Man Men and Good Omens I always remember John Hamm from Lorelai's bad date in the Gilmore Girls after which both their parents especially their mother totally freaked out about Lorelai's refusing to go on a second date with. We never see the date only Lorelai telling Rory afterwards how he was really into cars and pilot's license or how John thought about the date. But given how his mother started it all makes me imagining John Hamm going crying to his mommy because Lorelai wouldn't go on a second date with him and his mommy calling her mommy. 

Wasn't he going to fly them to a Bowie concert in his private plane? I don't care how boring he was, I'd go!

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Wasn't he going to fly them to a Bowie concert in his private plane? I don't care how boring he was, I'd go!

Yes, but he was too boring for Lorelai. It was a rare mature moment for Lorelai deciding not to go just to see Bowie. I'm not sure I could skip Bowie either. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, RedElf said:

I just saw an ad for Degree deodorant that had a sign language interpreter in the lower right corner,

Saw that last night for the first time, colour me impressed.

On 5/30/2022 at 2:49 AM, cynicat said:

made

I did laugh at that one, probably for the same reasons you did.

• Love 6

This airs a lot so I'm sorry if it's already been talked about but I just LOVE the Alexa commercial with the couple dancing to "I Only Have Eyes For You".  Its so sweet and the young man is just sooo handsome *swoon* Here is the extended version...

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

This airs a lot so I'm sorry if it's already been talked about but I just LOVE the Alexa commercial with the couple dancing to "I Only Have Eyes For You".  Its so sweet and the young man is just sooo handsome *swoon* Here is the extended version...

And one of the greatest songs ever.  So dreamy.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 5/29/2022 at 8:31 PM, Dirtybubble said:

Just when I thought my love for Jon Hamm had subsided this happens 

And this...

So one of the jokes about Flo and Jon Hamm is that the actress who plays Flo, Stephanie Courtney, also appeared in a number of episodes in season 1 of Mad Men. She played a switchboard operator named Marge. Marge was completely over working at Sterling Cooper. Most of the men at Sterling Cooper tended to ignore the switchboard operators. Operators didn't tend to get promotions. Marge's last line is about how she took the job with this ad agency hoping she'd find a husband and now she doesn't want anything to do with any of these men.

It's a slightly meta commercial.

Not as meta as Matthew Weiner sticking a 30 Rock joke in Mad Men. Ted orders an Old Spanish at a bar after the team pitches a campaign to a car manufacturer in Detroit. An Old Spanish is a fake drink made up for 30 Rock. It's red wine, tonic water, and olives. It's the favorite drink of Cooter Burger. Jon Hamm did a stint on 30 Rock. Additionally, Liz Lemon's mom worked at Sterling Cooper.

These Flo and Jon Hamm always crack me up on many levels 

• Useful 11
  • Love 2
(edited)

I love the new Liberty Mutual commercial with the Minions.   

I also really like the dancing BBQ in the Bush's Bake Bean commercial. 

I know it's really a movie tie-in, but the Geico commercial with hammering, and it turns out to be Thor, and family throwing hammers constantly is funny to me.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

Love the commercial for some prostate cancer drug where a middle age couple go to the beach to surf, and meet who I assume is one of their kids and their spouse and grandkids. Grandpa teaching the little girl how to stand on her board is a really nice moment. She's a cute girl, and seems to be really taking in what grandpa is saying. I hope she remembers that and this time with grandpa. 

• Love 5

I really like the Pediasure commercial where the mom is concerned with her little boy's growth. At the end another little kid is trying to reach something high up and the first little boy goes up and asks "Can I help?" He's just so sweet.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I really love Rebel Renee. She cheats at trivia and is outspoken at book club even though she hasn't read the book. I want to be friends with Rebel Renee.

Also, there's a commercial for Dove soap that's about 20 years old (I remember keeping an episode of The OC on my DVR forever just to watch this commercial whenever I wanted.). There's a little jingle, "what if we loved our skin? And let something or other in? We might even show off our toes! Take off our clothes! Let the world in! If we really loved our skin!"

Lives in my head rent free. I seriously sing this little jingle (messed up words and all) several times a week. For 20+ years.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
On 6/25/2022 at 10:24 PM, hiisa said:

I really love Rebel Renee. She cheats at trivia and is outspoken at book club even though she hasn't read the book. I want to be friends with Rebel Renee.

I really want to know the question that Rebel Renee stealth Googled.  The answer may be Cleveland, but was it something real easy like "the Cuyahoga River..." or bit more niche.

3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I really want to know the question that Rebel Renee stealth Googled.  The answer may be Cleveland, but was it something real easy like "the Cuyahoga River..." or bit more niche.

"What American city is the home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?"

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

"What American city is the home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?"

That question is on par with anything having to do with the Cuyahoga River catching on fire.  I was thinking something along the lines of Eliot Ness and the Torso Murders or a nod to the significant architecture like the Guardians of Transportation on the (Bob) Hope Memorial Bridge or the Arcade or West Side Market or a deep cut like the House of Wills, or a nod to all the movies filmed in Cleveland like A Christmas Story or a few of the Avengers movies where Cleveland stood in for New York, Washington D.C. and Berlin (I believe).

10 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

"What American city is known as 'the mistake on the lake'?" 😉

Cleveland never rocked.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Colleenna said:

"What American city is known as 'the mistake on the lake'?"

When I worked for General Electric (that had a facility in Erie, PA), the saying was "Dreary Erie, the mistake on the lake".

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I love the Wendy's commercials with the goofy young employee and the manager.  They had one during the NCAA tourney with retired NBA star Reggie Miller.  Now they have this one for the breakfast sandwiches.  Both of these actors are great.

• Love 2

I can't quite find the right category for this, but it's something that makes me laugh so I'll put it here. 

While multi-tasking and not watching,  I heard the commercial for Knix leakproof underwear.  As I was pondering how that works, I heard a booming voice then say:  "7-day old tuna casserole".  

It had changed to the new Hefty commercial and I wasn't aware. Best transition ever.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

I like that commercial because for once they used a song appropriately since Every Breath you Take is a song about stalking.  I'm not sure if Duck Duck Go is legit (especially with a name like that) but they get points for their ad development.  

• Like 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Maverick said:

I like that commercial because for once they used a song appropriately since Every Breath you Take is a song about stalking.  I'm not sure if Duck Duck Go is legit (especially with a name like that) but they get points for their ad development.  

I use them instead of Google. Firefox includes them in the pull-down menu of search engines so you can choose a default. I get the results I need/want and don't get targeted ads.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 7/3/2022 at 3:04 PM, Maverick said:

I use DuckDuckGo instead of Google. I got tired of googling something and suddenly getting bombarded with ads and emails about what I was googling. (Example: I might learn that someone I know has a condition I've never heard of.  I would Google to understand,  then start getting ads/emails. ) Made it very clear that Google is a stalker. 

So yes, DDG is legit.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

I use DuckDuckGo instead of Google. I got tired of googling something and suddenly getting bombarded with ads and emails about what I was googling. (Example: I might learn that someone I know has a condition I've never heard of.  I would Google to understand,  then start getting ads/emails. ) Made it very clear that Google is a stalker. 

So yes, DDG is legit.

That's good to know. I always wonder if DDG was. I don't know much about that stuff and don't know anyone who does. 

3 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

That's good to know. I always wonder if DDG was. I don't know much about that stuff and don't know anyone who does. 

Very easy to download as an add on to your browser, just use google ( 🤣🤣) to find it & you should have an easy time installing it. I use firefox for a browser & it was one click & done.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, Colleenna said:

(Example: I might learn that someone I know has a condition I've never heard of.  I would Google to understand,  then start getting ads/emails. ) Made it very clear that Google is a stalker.

I once had an email exchange with a neighbor who taught special needs kids. He said it had been a rough day and he needed a glass of bourbon. We started discussing our favorite brands of bourbon. Next thing I knew, Gmail was giving me ads for Alcoholics Anonymous.  So not only is Google a stalker, it's judgmental about it, too.  That's when I bought my own domain solely to have control over my email. It's under $50 a year and well worth it.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Jon Hamm's unrequited love for Flo is my new commercial obsession (best part: his own reaction when he blurts out "Hand!"), and I want to see many, many more. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

God bless Chris Meloni and God bless Ryan Reynolds.

I was just getting ready to post this.  I died watching this.  The cherry on top was the voice over at the end.  It was only missing the sound effect. 

• Love 5

Jon Hamm's unrequited love for Flo is my new commercial obsession (best part: his own reaction when he blurts out "Hand!"), and I want to see many, many more. 

Yes! Makes more of these and fewer Liberty Mutual commercials!

• Love 2
On 7/12/2022 at 6:10 PM, rubaco said:

I always crack up at those.  They make me remember that the actress who plays Flo was on season one of Mad Men as one of the telephone operators.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1