Type keyword(s) to search

Stupid Movies We Watch Over and Over and Over...

• Start Topic

Doc Hollywood.  I can never, ever pass that one by.  It's like a fond gathering of old TV friends:  I enjoy David Ogden Stiers as the mayor and Woody Harrelson as the "rival."  I still laugh at the George Hamilton cameo; and when in L.A. Hank thinks he sees a movies star, shakes his head and says, "never mind, it's only Ted Danson."  Everybody telling Michael J.Fox "nice pig."  Actually, it was a pretty good supporting cast all around: Frances Sternhagen, Bridget Fonda, Bernard Hughes, Eyde Byrde.

Definitely a guilty pleasure of mine.

• Love 3

I have seen Cry-baby more times that I can count. I've rented it numerous times and then bought the movie. I just rented it from the library and it is full of scenes I have never seen before. WTH? Weird that after so many viewings I see one that is totally different.

The 80s had some good ones. Lone Wolf McQuade and Delta Force...2 words Chuck Norris. Best of the Best Part 2, Bloodsport, Kickboxer. The Legend of Billie Jean as others have mentioned. Karate Kid 2 is one I watch over and over. I think its the music that pulls me in. Barry Gordy's The Last Dragon has one of the worst acting and plotlines I've ever seen. But I love it. So many great lines "Bruce Leroy." "You got the glow." "Who's the master? Sho Nuff!

• Love 3

The 80s had some good ones. Lone Wolf McQuade and Delta Force...2 words Chuck Norris. Best of the Best Part 2, Bloodsport, Kickboxer. The Legend of Billie Jean as others have mentioned. Karate Kid 2 is one I watch over and over. I think its the music that pulls me in. Barry Gordy's The Last Dragon has one of the worst acting and plotlines I've ever seen. But I love it. So many great lines "Bruce Leroy." "You got the glow." "Who's the master? Sho Nuff!

I avoided Chuck Norris like the plague, but all of those other martial arts films were viewed many times in this house. I'd add China O'Brien, Cyborg, Double Impact, and American Ninja 1 & 2. This is shameful, but I dig Karate Kid 3 because Thomas Ian Griffith is smoking hot in it.

Oh, no. I just remembered that Double Dragon exists! One of those films that I actively feel shame while watching, yet can't stop because it's so outrageously cheesy that it demands viewing. Kind of like Street Fighter.

The Last Dragon has one of the worst acting and plotlines I've ever seen. But I love it. So many great lines "Bruce Leroy." "You got the glow." "Who's the master? Sho Nuff!

I had totally forgotten that movie! My friends & I used to quote it because it was so bad it almost circled around to a weird kind of good.

Michael Bay movies are my crack cocaine. I know they are bad for me, and are probably killing a lot of my brain cells. Today I came across this video that explains my addiction. 

• Love 3

This has been a good weekend for me being able to watch these movies. Encore had the Independence Day marathon yesterday and got to see Armageddon today. Now I am pulling out my dvd copies of The Last Dragon, Balls of Fury, and Kung Pow. Yes I have copies of all those movies and even have the theme song from The Last Dragon on my ipod. Also when I was a kid my dad tried to use the Last Dragon as a life lesson for me. The whole you have look inside yourself for the master bit.

Now I am also looking at watching Best of the Best but I am not sure if it is an awesome movie or just so stupid it became awesome.

• Love 1

Return to Me 

Was working in the movie theater when this out.  People left so happy from that little movie.   Bought it when it came out on DVD.   Watched it when on a cruise.  It was in Spanish.  I don't speak Spanish but knew the dialogue by heart by then :)

Four Brothers. I mean, the movie is probably, objectively, absolutely terrible, but I love the movie and watch it every time it's on TNT, even though I own it. I have no idea why it holds such power over me.

I think what keeps the movie watchable despite its many flaws, is the chemistry between the 4 lead actors; you can buy their relationship, they're believable as (adopted) brothers

Four Brothers is one of my faves!! Also anything Michael Bay. I just want to see stuff go boom in the movies. I did see some more good ones this weekend: Code of Silence with my pal Chuck Norris and Running Scared with Gregory Hines and Billy Crystal.

Return to Me 

Was working in the movie theater when this out.  People left so happy from that little movie.   Bought it when it came out on DVD.   Watched it when on a cruise.  It was in Spanish.  I don't speak Spanish but knew the dialogue by heart by then :)

One of my all time faves, don't think it's stupid in the least!  Maybe it belongs in this thread instead?

• Love 2

License To Drive is another stupid movie I'll watch whenever it's on TV.

Oh my God soooo many funny scenes in this movie. I will definitely watch this when its on.

• Love 2
(edited)

Drive Angry. Nick Cage at his batshit crazy best. The shamelessly gratuitous use of over the top 3D effects. And William Fichtner as the absolutely awesome Accountant.

Edited by xaxat

Drive Angry. Nick Cage at his batshit crazy best. The shamelessly gratuitous use of over the top 3D effects. And William Fichtner as the absolutely awesome Accountant.

Can he be any crazier than in Vampire's Kiss? I don't imagine it being possible. And while I'm thinking about him, Face/Off was hugely entertaining to me when it came out. I watched it so many times.

I will watch Clueless every time I see it on, no matter how far into the movie it is. It amuses me that different channels edit differently, so I sometimes see "new" scenes depending on which channel I'm watching.  This also happens with Hope Floats, another movie that I will watch no matter how far into the movie it is.

• Love 6

It doesn't come on very often (I'm watching right now), but when it does, I'm mesmerized about how stupid The Happening is.  It's supposed to be serious and suspenseful, but it's just stupid.  And Mark Walhberg and Zooey Deschanel just look and sound so stupid, it's...it's...stupefying! 

It's late at night, I don't have anywhere I have to be in the morning, and it's the perfect time to settle in for something cozy and girly. I've got a bowl of high-end ice cream. I've got some gorgeous laceweight hand-dyed alpaca yarn that I'm knitting into a delicate and complex shawl. And I've got the perfect movie accompaniment.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for Dodgeball.

• Love 6

Clue is one of my all-time favorites. There isn't a single line in there that isn't memorable. I find myself breaking out into the most random ones at time. "This is war Peacock!"

"I'm going home to sleep w/my wife!"

When 'Clue' came out in the theaters, the 3 endings were not shown together. You had to go to different theaters to see all 3 endings. Great marketing ploy.

In fact, many of the movies listed here are not stupid.

'Major League' (all of Harry Doyle's lines are quotable.)

'A Christmas Story'

'Fast Times'

'Return to Me'

Now Major League 3 would be a stupid movie, IMHO.

• Love 1

In fact, many of the movies listed here are not stupid.

That is why we have a thread that handles the not so stupid movies that we watch over and over.  ::giggle::

Yesterday, my daughter and I were playing around with the guide and found Legally Blond and it was only 5 minutes into it.  We laughed together! 

Two of my favorites star Julia Roberts, although I'm not a big fan of hers.  However, she was great in "Sleeping With the Enemy" and "Notting Hill".

Notting Hill is my favorite movie.

"It's as if I've taken love heroin, and now I can't ever have it again."

*melts*

• Love 2

I don't know if they're "stupid" necessarily, but they aren't really good, so I'm putting them here: I can watch The Bodyguard and The Preacher's Wife any day of the week.  I think I just like to hear Whitney Houston sing, with a side of in-their-prime Kevin Costner and Denzel Washington.

• Love 1

I have a few bad ones I love that I haven't seen here:

Oscar, which is a comedy with Sly Stallone. He doesn't really have to act funny, he's more the straight man for the insanity around him. Also has Marisa Tomei, Kurtwood Smith and Tim Curry. Basically, a movie about a gangster trying to go straight. Cracks me up every time- plus lots of quotable dialog. 

The Replacements, football movie with Keanu Reeves, Gene Hackman, and Rhys Ifans. Also great for quotes- my personal favorite being 'I'm gonna go sit with the deaf kid!'- used frequently!

Phantom of the Paradise, Brian DePalma movie staring Paul Williams, who also wrote the soundtrack(which is awesome); basically a 70's glam-rock opera.

Murder By Death, play by Neil Simon, similar to Clue but predating it by about a decade. Wonderful cast including Truman Capote, David Niven, Maggie Smith, Peter Falk and Alec Guinness.

• Love 1

I have a few bad ones I love that I haven't seen here:

Oscar, which is a comedy with Sly Stallone. He doesn't really have to act funny, he's more the straight man for the insanity around him. Also has Marisa Tomei, Kurtwood Smith and Tim Curry. Basically, a movie about a gangster trying to go straight. Cracks me up every time- plus lots of quotable dialog. 

The Replacements, football movie with Keanu Reeves, Gene Hackman, and Rhys Ifans. Also great for quotes- my personal favorite being 'I'm gonna go sit with the deaf kid!'- used frequently!

Phantom of the Paradise, Brian DePalma movie staring Paul Williams, who also wrote the soundtrack(which is awesome); basically a 70's glam-rock opera.

Murder By Death, play by Neil Simon, similar to Clue but predating it by about a decade. Wonderful cast including Truman Capote, David Niven, Maggie Smith, Peter Falk and Alec Guinness.

I always though Oscar was far better that people gave it credit for.  It's just silly.  

Another one I thought of  - Night of the Comet.  I love that stupid piece of crap.   

• Love 1

Murder by Death as a stupid movie?  Them's fightin' words!

• Love 5

I love this movie!  I swear, there was a time where TBS was playing it at least once a weekend and I watched every time.

• Love 1
(edited)

OMG, I don't know how many times I've watched The Replacements. It's amazing the way most of the comedy still holds up after all this time.

Clifford Franklin: "The football's like a one-man cold to Clifford Franklin. Clifford Franklin's the only man catchin' it, Clifford Franklin's the only man comin' down wid it."

I also love Eurotrip. The scenes at the Vatican are insane.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1
The Day After Tomorrow. I've seen it multiple times & I find it emotionally manipulative & formulaic, but I still watch it. I think some of the disaster shots are pretty impressive. It's on AMC tonight & they're doing the extra notes on the screen with facts about the movie. I can't quit watching. I think I may be the one who is stupid.
  • Love 1

I'm with you about The Day After Tomorrow. It's not a great movie but something about the cast and special effects makes it stupidly one to watch whenever it is on. My now 82 year old aunt and I watched it back in the movie theatre when it came out and as she ages (regular old age memory issues) it's one movie that she still remembers and will watch for a bit when it is on. So I guess that's the soft spot for it. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I have a couple - both of which make me feel vaguely ashamed.

The Rock - which I saw in the theater when it came out and will still stop and watch whenever it comes on (like say, last night)

Beauty Shop - in my defense, this film does feature one of my favorite Kevin Bacon performances ever

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 3
Bring It On and all its sequels. Each film is sillier than the previous ones, but I love the gymnastics.

For me it's specifically Bring it On: All or Nothing. I have no excuse. It just sucks me in every time. 

The Rock - which I saw in the theater when it came out and will still stop and watch whenever it comes on (like say, last night)

The Rock is one of those movies I catch in the middle of the night and despite it's ridiculousness, I find myself getting really into it

• Love 1

Yesterday, my daughter and I were playing around with the guide and found Legally Blond and it was only 5 minutes into it.  We laughed together!

When I sat down to watch this  movie for the first time, I thought it was going to be stupid. But it was surprisingly well-written, and Reese Witherspoon's performance was awesome, as usual.

• Love 3

Where do hate watch movies fit in? I wasn't sure if I should start another topic or if it fits in here?

At any rate---the Twilight movies were on this weekend so I felt compelled to watch them. Tonight my 12 year old son sat and watched some of the movies with me. He said he couldn't not watch. He just came out of his room to ask me a question and I told him to not think about it too hard because they are stupid movies based on stupid books and that he'll just hurt his brain trying to make sense of it all.

I can't be the only person who hate watches movies?

The Mighty Ducks, all 3 movies they were apart of my childhood so I always have to watch them for the nostalgia feels.

Side Note: I bought all 3 movies at the store for a couple of dollars this weekend.

• Love 1

@Loriro Which one is All or Nothing? Is that the Solange one? 

Bring it on again. All or nothing. In it to win it. Fight for the finish. One of them has Christina Milian, and I think Hayden Panettiere is somewhere in there too. (Not Googling it because I would rather talk it out with you all)