Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: The Art Of Being A Cougar

• Start Topic

There are so many logical inconsistencies in Heather's argument. She consciously inserts her into a dispute that's entirely one-sided - and not really an active disagreement, but more of a miscommunication that may have otherwise passed unremarked upon - and is then butthurt and horrified when Bethenny doesn't respond well? Don't start no shit, won't be no shit, and there's really no reasonable circumstance in which appointing yourself as the spokeswoman for someone else's grievances isn't going to elicit pushback. Additionally, if a viewer approaches the argument from a context in which the fourth wall remains intact, then Bethenny can invite whomever she wants to her own birthday. If Bethenny invited Heather at Carole's suggestion/as an organic extension of socializing with Carole, then why isn't Heather scolding Radzi for not taking more initiative to include Kristen? Apparently someone did exclude Mrs. Taekman, and it wasn't Bethenny. Dorinda's umbrage makes even less sense since they interacted for literally - what? Less than ten minutes? And if one regards the conflict in terms of professional courtesy with respect to screen time opportunities, then Heather should remember that she specifically and intentionally excluded Ramona from an entire cast trip. Even if it was due to Ramona's behavior, why it it only Heather's prerogative to select the cast mates with whom she wants to participate in a semi-personal event? . . . I haven't been following the real time state of the cast's relationships, but I was slightly surprised to see how aggressively LuAnn was dogging Carole and Heather on Twitter tonight.

I agree with all that you say here, except this isn't eight random women.  These are eight cast members whose job is to interact with each other.  It would seem that Bethenny is only choosing to interact with part of the cast, which obviously endangers the job of those who aren't part of her little clique.

I think the England trip is a different situation, because it involved Heather's business.

• Love 16

. . . but why is the onus on her to finesse her response to Heather rather than on Heather to, you know, not appoint herself the arbiter of selective social customs among these women and instigate?

In that scene, Heather reminded me very much of Alex McCord delivering Bethenny's message to Jill. 

• Love 6

Glad Heather called B out for what she absolutely was to her in this ep -- a total insensitive bee-otch.  She was mean -- really, really, really mean.  OK, I get it, B.  You wanna make an impression.  But too much of this will get awfully tiresome, very quickly.  And the tide could turn against you, B.  Keep both Jillzy & Veevs in mind, hun.  You might wanna reign in this full-on insensitive bitchery just a wee bit -- or maybe even a helluva lot more than that.  I thought B was so intentionally nasty -- and in a way I don't remember seeing Moaner.

I agree that Beth was being intentionally nasty. This is the third or fourth time Heather has tried to stir up unnecessary conflict between B and another Ho-wife. I think being super aggro and dismissive with Heather was her way of saying, "you're barking up the wrong tree. I shoot messengers". Going forward, Heather may think twice about acting like a self-appointed ambassador for (faux) disgruntled Housewives.

• Love 21

I'll be honest.  If I were Kristen, and Heather called me up and said that everyone, except me, was at Beth's party, I'd feel left out.  HOWEVER, if I'd known that the invite was just thrown out the night before to only the Housewives in attendance at Beautique and told to, "ya know, bring someone" - in which Heather was Carole's plus one because Heather wasn't at Beautique - I'd feel less excluded by that.

Beautique is a terrible name for a bar.  Unless it's for the terrible kind of bar that it is.

• Love 11
I think being super aggro and dismissive with Heather was her way of saying, "you're barking up the wrong tree. I shoot messengers".

Heather is not the nicey-nice angel she's making herself out to be when she does interviews off the show (like on WWHL).  We've seen her twice in just the last 2 eps talk shit about both Sonja & Moaner behind their backs -- and both times to B   Interesting, both times B seemed to take note of what Heather was doing & wasn't interested in what Heather was saying.  Sure B is being a bitch, but Heather ain't so great either.

On WWHL, Sonja says her interns have 3.8 or 3.9 averages.  Man, guess that woulda left me out.  Altho I'm 20 years too late, but . . .

• Love 8

B was just a raging bitch tonight, of fact of which she is well aware. I like that she is just owning it in her blog. She absolutely has every right to invite the people she wants to have at her party.  They also have the right to feel however they feel about it. And IMO there is little comparison to what Heather did to Ramona when she didn't invite her to England. Everyone was coming to Heather and reporting that Ramona was all kinds of pissed off. I don't remember her ever making any of them feel like shit for reporting the big scoop. She listened to them, gave her extremely sound reasoning, and moved the fuck on. B was well within her rights to explain that she didn't know Kristen and didn't want her there, but why be so incredibly rude to Heather? I don't remember Heather telling her she was wrong, just giving her a heads up. 

The interesting thing is that she kind of says something different about the "plus 1" in her blog.  She said this about the invites:

"The fact remains that I was new to the show, had just met everyone and had spent some time with Carole and Heather, so I decided to invite them to my birthday. I didn't know Kristen at all and wasn't going to invite her for the sake of a television show". 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 12

Carole's story about going clubbing made her sound like an idiot, but I'm mostly just disappointed she didn't tell it to any of the housewives that would have known to make a Kelly joke about gummy bears.

I know, right?  I haven't seen tonight's episode yet, but the first thing I thought when I saw the First Look was, doesn't this gummy-bear thing possibly explain a lot about Scary Island?  What if Kelly got a whole bag of the same kind of gummy bears Carole ate one of?  We may all owe that poor girl a big apology.  Just say no to candy from strangers.

• Love 7

I said it after watching the last episode, and I'm saying it again - something is wrong with Bethenny. She was always caustic and mouthy, but now she's that times ten. Whoever said she's like Ramona (or the old Ramona?) is dead on - rude, insensitive, socially inept, or at least not taking the temperature of the room.

Normally I'd agree that Kristen shouldn't be offended about not getting an invite to B's party.  But since it was a filmed event and the other returning housewives were there, I could see why she'd feel left out.  For job security reasons, she'd want to be included in as much as possible.

Exactly. It wasn't just a random dinner party - it was a cast party. One that was filmed for the show. That's why she invited Ramona - who she had just told she didn't like and didn't want to hang out with.

• Love 23

Dorinda's daughter is annoying as hell. I love my daughter too but there's no way I would let my adult daughter dictate who my boyfriend should be. If I was John I'd say see ya later to Dorinda, she treats him and talks to him like he's crap.

I'm all for older women dating younger men but I feel these young guys are only with Lu, Carole and Sonja to be on TV.

I love that Dorinda puts her daughter before a man, unlike so many women out there.  But the daughter is unreasonable.  Who wouldn't want their mother to be happy?  And if this man makes her mother happy, then her daughter should be happy. 

I think that Carole has an easy time dating younger men because a). she thinks she's younger than she is, and b). she has never had children.  A lot of women her age have sons in their late 20's and it's kind of gross to date someone your son's age. 

• Love 14

Bullshit to Bethenny's "It was the nature of the birthday, just like if I see you and I like you, just then come to the party." It was a set and seated dinner table with planned attendance.

PS And a shitty Skinny Girl bar!

ETA: I was also going to say that back when Heather didn't invite Ramona to England, it was her own business trip that she paid for and not a "Bravo" trip. Tonight, I'd bet that either Skinny Girl or Bravo paid for that dinner, or if Beth paid, that's why only 10 people were there.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 9

Those harsh black eyebrows have to go.

You can't walk down the streets of NYC without seeing those big bushy penciled in eyebrows on women in their 20's.  At least the housewives haven't tried to look younger by overdoing their eyebrows.

• Love 4

In that scene, Heather reminded me very much of Alex McCord delivering Bethenny's message to Jill. 

Except Heather's neck and chest did not get all red and blotchy, and she didn't stumble over her words like Alex did, LOL!!  :-)

• Love 10

Hey, am I alone here or is Moaner looking pretty fuckin' great?  The woman is almost 60 years old!

Man, Sonja, with all those young hustler boys at B's birthday party was really pretty gross.  They'll leave her high & dry once they find out she's living in a crumbling dump with no hot water & has no dough.  They're just probably looking to get camera time or trying to work Satan Andy for a gig or a Gucci wallet or cash.

I got the impression that the 2 guys/kids with Sonja were gay. The way they kept looking at each other and how closely they sat to each other at the table looked/read more than just friends IMO.

Glad Heather called B out for what she absolutely was to her in this ep -- a total insensitive bee-otch.  She was mean -- really, really, really mean.  OK, I get it, B.  You wanna make an impression.  But too much of this will get awfully tiresome, very quickly.  And the tide could turn against you, B.  Keep both Jillzy & Veevs in mind, hun.  You might wanna reign in this full-on insensitive bitchery just a wee bit -- or maybe even a helluva lot more than that.  I thought B was so intentionally nasty -- and in a way I don't remember seeing Moaner.

On WWHL tonight, a caller compared Bethenny's behavior, so far this season, to Jill Z's last season on the show and Andy was shocked/surprised by that comparison! LOL Bethenny had better watch her back.

• Love 8

I said it after watching the last episode, and I'm saying it again - something is wrong with Bethenny. She was always caustic and mouthy, but now she's that times ten. Whoever said she's like Ramona (or the old Ramona?) is dead on - rude, insensitive, socially inept, or at least not taking the temperature of the room.

As usual, you are so right. Something is so different about her. I am still holding out hope that she is going to pull it together. What I like about her is that she is able to admit when she is a bitch or out of line. She did it in her blog, and she also sent a Tweet to Andy that she was a little harsh (my words, not hers). I just cannot believe that B came on this show with any intent other than to repair the image she has damaged over the years. I think at the end of it all she is going to be the one who gets along with pretty much everyone (except maybe Kristen). 

• Love 4

I find it laughable that Sonja's so-called "date" had any romantic interest in her.  His motive was just to get on TV - or he was dumb enough to think she has any real money.   I immediately sense he and his "room mate" were more than that. 

Dorinda and her annoying boyfriend and her more annoying daughter.  No, No, No.

Edited by escape
  • Love 6

I love that Dorinda puts her daughter before a man, unlike so many women out there.  But the daughter is unreasonable.  Who wouldn't want their mother to be happy?  And if this man makes her mother happy, then her daughter should be happy.

Dorinda said her daughter has only met John about 2 or 3 times in 2 years, which means she really doesn't know him in order to say she doesn't like him, and yet Dorinda still gives her this vote. That's not smart thinking, because it sounds like the daughter doesn't like the guy because he's not her father (or stepfather), and of course no one will be. So it's a way of hijacking every relationship her mother might have.

Bullshit to Bethenny's "It was the nature of the birthday, just like if I see you and I like you, just then come to the party." It was a set and seated dinner table with planned attendance.

I know - she clearly said that in retrospect to justify her decision to exclude Kristen.

• Love 9

Dominik is hot... his "roommate"? Not so much. I do have to hand it to Bethenny, however, in restraining herself from throwing both of those men out. Who shows up to a party as a +1 with their own +1 in tow? I realize they're European and manners might be a little different, but I would have been mortified if I was Sonja. Bethenny, in typical fashion, bluntly asked the guy, "And who are you?" I thought that was fair. 

I don't really see why LuAnn needs to be kept abreast of who Carole is dating. So what he's LuAnn's private chef? Who cares he had previously dated LuAnn's niece? Last I checked, Carole is free to see whomever she chooses, as is this single 29-year old (who, if I'm being honest, looks kind of dirty... but to each their own!). 

Dorinda's boyfriend kind of makes my skin crawl, and I was thrilled that she put him in his place tonight. It's almost refreshing to see a HW actually lay into her significant other on screen, since most of these women demure to their men while on camera, no matter how atrocious they behave. Although she can be a little much, I find myself liking Dorinda more and more with each episode. The same cannot be said for her daughter and those eyebrows. Oof.

• Love 11

As usual, you are so right. Something is so different about her. I am still holding out hope that she is going to pull it together. What I like about her is that she is able to admit when she is a bitch or out of line. She did it in her blog, and she also sent a Tweet to Andy that she was a little harsh (my words, not hers). I just cannot believe that B came on this show with any intent other than to repair the image she has damaged over the years. I think at the end of it all she is going to be the one who gets along with pretty much everyone (except maybe Kristen).

Glad we agree! It really is so odd to see her behavior when, as you point out, her objective had to have been to repair her image, not damage it. And especially with all this "branding" she's evidently been allowed to do on the show - Skinnygirl everywhere! Who wants to aspire to be like Ms. Skinnygirl if the girl herself is so awful? If she's the expert at branding and marketing that she says she is, you would think she knows this. Which is why I think there's something wrong going on upstairs.

As another poster pointed out, a caller went after her bitchiness really hard on WWHL, and Andy was uncomfortable. Not what they had planned? At least she's bringin' it. That should be something.

• Love 7

Betheny tweeted this to LuAnn during tonight's episode, presumably regarding Heather T's attempted shit-stirring at the lunch:

User Actions  
Following

Bethenny FrankelVerified account
‏@Bethenny
You're fired up tonight countess. Truth be told, i felt that it was manufactured drama & we have enough real drama. @CountessLuann

While I agree Bethenny could have tempered her response to Heather, I think she's very astute at sizing the other women up quickly and has sensed behind Heather's smile is the tongue of a shit-stirring asshole and just wanted to shut her down as quickly as possible.

• Love 15

Wow, watching Princess Diana - I mean Dorinda at that dinner was like watching 50 Shades Of Drunkness.  At one point, I didn't have my reading glasses on......and I thought 'Oh, it's juicy joe!  Tre must be pissed.'  

I did like it when Dorinda used the hands to say "once they come out".  I laughed my ass off.  I did say, can you put my teen daughter back in....she needs some more baking or something.  

BeTHINey, stfu. 

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 5

I don't think Dorinda's problem with her boyfriend is that her daughter doesn't like him. The problem is that DORINDA doesn't like him.

She does, however, apparently like his idea about microchipping the expensive garments he takes in at the cleaners.

I think I'm getting a sniff of the reason Dorinda chose to join the cast this season.  Luckily for her, she does at least peripherally know some of those women, so she earned herself a spot on the show and an ability to hawk her wares.

• Love 8

Agreed about Bethenny. I think what we might be seeing about her is that she seems so impatient, so over this, meaning the show itself. While she signed up for it, thinking she could cash in and perhaps easily go through the motions, somehow her true feelings are showing. She is impatient with doing the show itself. It's as if she thought she could wedge it in between everything else she has going on in her life that actually has higher priority for her. It also shows in her eyes; they look strained.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 14
So what that she's in her 50s. Should she be sitting at home and knitting?

I hate that age shaming bullshit.

Nah, it's not age-shaming in the least.  I merely questioned why someone in their 50's would wanna hang in a club with 20-something kids doing drugs.  

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 15

Betheny tweeted this to LuAnn during tonight's episode, presumably regarding Heather T's attempted shit-stirring at the lunch:

While I agree Bethenny could have tempered her response to Heather, I think she's very astute at sizing the other women up quickly and has sensed behind Heather's smile is the tongue of a shit-stirring asshole and just wanted to shut her down as quickly as possible.

I agree that I think Bethenny is trying to avoid the obvious attempt to stir the pot. At the same time, she mentioned in her blog that the invites always tend to be something that will provoke drama, so she understood what she was doing when she did it. She was also the one asking what the deal was with Sonja when the gals came over for brunch, which was clearly giving the others an opportunity to talk about her. She seemed more than up for it.

There was a lot of press during filming that the others were initially surprised by B's reluctance to get involved in any storyline that she didn't want to become involved in. Anything that looked as if it was intended to cause drama for the sake of drama was a no-go. I don't know if that is wrong at all, but I can see how it could have been a bit shocking in the beginning.

• Love 9

Nah, it's not age-shaming in the least.  I merely questioned why someone in their 50's would wanna hang in a club with 20-something kids doing drugs.

You can age-shame someone without using the words. If that's what she's into, and if that's fun for her, then let her live la vida loca!

• Love 6

I guess Bethenny is coming from a place of bitter these days.  Or just from a place of bitchy.  Damn.  She is going to be painful to watch on this show this season. 

Still bored by all the boy dates.  

With whom was Heather saying she'd had a cerebral conversation?  Bethenny?   

Edited by izabella
  • Love 9

I agree with all that you say here, except this isn't eight random women.  These are eight cast members whose job is to interact with each other.  It would seem that Bethenny is only choosing to interact with part of the cast, which obviously endangers the job of those who aren't part of her little clique.

I think the England trip is a different situation, because it involved Heather's business.

Agree, it's silly of Bethenny to pretend she didn't get that this was for filming purposes. She hasn't seen Ramona or Lu in years, she wouldn't have invited them to a party if it wasn't for the show. Then again she was probably pissed no one congratulated her on making it through a birthday party without having a breakdown and locking herself in a closet.

The other difference between Heather not inviting Ramona and B excluding the two newer girls is Heather did that shit on purpose and was open about it. She didn't like Ramona and didn't want her there. Bethenny is just too disinterested to bother finding out who the whole cast are.

A part of me loves that these women are dating younger men, but the only one who doesn't end up looking pathetic and embarrassing about it is Lu. Carole with her clubbing and her ping pong, asking if taking off her jacket distracted her boy toy. Yes your bony breastplate is so sexy. I want to like her but she makes it impossible.

• Love 18

Dorinda saying there was conflict between her daughter (of the Addicted to Love eyebrows) and John was all kinds of shades of Vicki and the Brianna/Brooks rift.  I don't like repeats.  Also a repeat: the ping pong shit.  Carole hosted a ping pong charity event in S5.  Also a repeat: the snoozing.  Bethany is stealing Vic's go to move....so original.  Zzzzzzzz*snort*yawn.

I'll give Carole a wide pass on going "clubbing" and getting sick, because it was f'in Halloween, and where I'm from, EVERYONE does Halloween, from kids to grannies.  If it were some random Tuesday night, it *might* be weird.  But Halloween is when you get your party on and candy (even the legit kind) is passed.

A couple of y'all mentioned the call into WWHL re: Bethany acting like Jill and Andy/Sonja playing it down and early Bethany fatigue.  I suspected someone from this board got in!  I hope so. :)  I have Beth fatigue, and have had since the promos.  I just do not like her or her products.  But I do think Heather was stirring the pot on the Kristen issue.  From what we were shown (and they didn't break the 4th wall on this), Kristen was mildly miffed, not hurt.  I think Heather was trying to bait a hook and Beth wanted to shut it down.  However, there were far more economical and non psychotic ways to go about it.

And to be a total RH, I'm going full "WHO DOES THAT?!?!?!" to Beth's command to dance on the tables at her party.  (A) Not safe; (B) Not sanitary; ( C) Disrespectful to the hosting facility.

• Love 14

I think my addiction to these shows has me less annoyed with Bethenny's behavior than some people seem to be.  Drama over not getting invited somewhere is tired, though I do appreciate the lightness of it following the unyielding vortex that was Beverly Hills.  Drama over someone's attempt to shut down the drama, all of which has to play out without referencing the cameras and the impact that has on everyone's behavior, is something I'm genuinely enjoying, in this moment anyway.

Also, I'm totally with her on the nicknames.  Call someone what they want to be called, or swap out for "mama" or something.  It's not hard. 

Ramona's on track to do this season what Luann did last, which could be fun if she steals Bethenny's image rehab attempt (I feel like there can only be one).  I had a moment where I wondered if she was medicated before, either by herself or her husband, because she seems like a fresher person who's actually connecting to others.  Or...has she just been sober so far?

Dorinda's a weird one, in that she's carrying a lot of solo storyline despite being brand new.  And, I'm not minding that.

I liked Kristen last year so I feel a twinge of...I dunno, pity, that she's thus far excluded- Heather even took her fight from her.  They should've just let her go...unless she really brings it as time goes on. 

• Love 8

I don't think Dorinda's problem with her boyfriend is that her daughter doesn't like him. The problem is that DORINDA doesn't like him.

Have they had a scene together where they weren't bickering or actually fighting?  They can't get through ordering damn dinner without getting into it.  Why are these two people together?

From Bethenny's twitter mentioned above:

Truth be told, i felt that it was manufactured drama & we have enough real drama.

There was a lot of press during filming that the others were initially surprised by B's reluctance to get involved in any storyline that she didn't want to become involved in. Anything that looked as if it was intended to cause drama for the sake of drama was a no-go.

The only drama I saw tonight was the drama Bethenny created by being so shitty to Heather.  Granted Heather should stop sticking her honker in everyone's business, but Bethenny's reaction was just stupid and childish.  If she doesn't want to be a part of gratuitous drama she should consider not starting any. 

• Love 11
And to be a total RH, I'm going full "WHO DOES THAT?!?!?!" to Beth's command to dance on the tables at her party.  (A) Not safe; (B) Not sanitary; ( C) Disrespectful to the hosting facility.

That was the height of dumb.  Not only are they wearing heels they can barely walk in, but that kind of stuff is only fun if it happens organically.  Having a drill sergeant scream at you to climb on a table or chair and dance, mutherfucker, dance! on command is the opposite of fun.

• Love 23

"Sensitivityship"?

As a previous poster said, Heather said "sensitivity chip," famously made a term when Jennifer Aniston said Brad Pitt was missing one.  

It seems BETH (suck it!) is going the same route as Nene.  She seems to have that "I'm rich, bitch" attitude, and couldn't care less about people who can't do anything for her.  The fact that she can afford a $4.2 million apartment on her own when just a short time ago, she was living in a tiny apartment with a man who didn't seem to care about her (the bald Jason), plus her other various successes, she's gotten a little big for her britches.  

Was Leah Black channeling Cruela de Ville?

• Love 9

Carole's story about going clubbing made her sound like an idiot, but I'm mostly just disappointed she didn't tell it to any of the housewives that would have known to make a Kelly joke about gummy bears.

Of all people, Sonja mentioned it in her blog!

• Love 1

Can't make up my mind if Sonja's date was sugar momma (or more likely daddy) hunting at boutique, a high end escort or just another run of the mill escort from rentboy.com.

One think Sonja lacks in spades (aside from $) is shame. Bringing your newly met lay from last night to a birthday party is gross.

This is the first time I have not like Bethenny. Everyone is entitled to their emotions. Feelings happen and they're valid.

Dorinda's bf is no prize. His repulsive personality matches the repulsive exterior.  What does she see in him?

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 5

The more I see of Dorinda's daughter, the more I can't stop comparing her to the character "Hatchet-face" from the Johnny Depp movie, "Cry-Baby."  FUGLY.  It's not just her eyebrows that are harsh; it's her whole look and make up style in general. And Countess called those bushy caterpillars beautiful?  Um, NO.

What kind of a name is Dorinda, anyway?  It constantly makes me think of Doritos.  I'm not sure why the producers thought she'd be a good addition to the cast or better yet, why they felt they needed to add anyone else when Bethanny was returning.  Dorinda adds nothing to the show for me.  If anything, she's taking up time that could be better spent on the other ladies.  Not that they're all so overly fascinating, but at least I'm used to and committed to watching their b.s. already.

In the coming attractions when Dorinda goes off on John at dinner about her daughter, it seemed like John was saying something aggressive about her daughter.  Instead it appears that Dorinda was the aggressor in the conversation and being overly sensitive and mouthy.  Not good.

What's funny is that I totally thought he was saying to her, "Maybe I should call your daughter."  Which I could understand why Dorinda would tell him to back the fuck up. I thought it was a total slimeball thing to say, especially to someone you've been dating for 2 years.  It wasn't until tonight with the closed captioning that I see he said that she should call her daughter.  Well, hey, passive aggressive remarks aside, he sort of did have a point.  Dorinda's daughter is technically an adult; she shouldn't dictate her mother's dating life or life in general.  Unless the guy is a philanderer and/or abusive in some way, her daughter needs to let her mother do her thing in the dating world.  The co-dependent nature between Dorinda and her daughter is a bit much.

Oh, and newsflash, Dorinda: millions of young girls around the world have lost their step-fathers/father figures and even their own fathers and have survived, grown up, and moved on to lead productive lives instead of mooching off of their widowed mothers for years.  If she's still that emotionally broken by it, get her to a therapist and help her stand on her own two feet ASAP.

• Love 9

That said, Bethenny needs to remove the California redwood-sized stick from her ass.  The way that she speaks to people is unreal. 

Redwood-sized and full of twunt bugs. Seriously, what's her damage? It's as if she gets off on being offensive and making others uncomfortable.

Did Beth somehow know Kristen more when she previously invited her to her home for brunch? Please. She knew that excluding Kristen from her birthday thing would be brought up at some point, and had her nodding-off move ready for when it did.

I'm just not gettin' why she's doing this stuff.  Hey, I'm not saying she can't or she's too old.  Why would she want to?  

She's not dead, there's a cute guy involved, and she's having fun. Why wouldn't she want to?

Dorinda and John sure aren't sugarcoating their relationship. Which is cool, I guess. It worked for OC's Shannon and David.

More Jim!

• Love 7

London versus a dinner are apples and oranges in my opinion. I have friends of friends in my social circle that I a don't know but would invite to a birthday party to get to know them doesn't mean I will invite them on an international trip. Also, other than the housewives (plus hanger ons) and Frederick and his husband the only other guests at the party appeared to be B 's assistant and one other dude. This wasn't a random thrown togethe and I think that was what Heather was referencing without breaking the fact that these parties are thrown together by Bravo. B acting like Kristen and Dorinda were just random people she didn't know and not people on a cast of a show she was filming was ludicrous.

One thing I did love is that B came in and said "how should we do seating arrangements?" And Sonja, the first to arrive stated that she wanted to sit next to B but in the end B was sitting several people away and Heather was sitting next to her.

I don't like John but he is not the one who brought up her daughter. They were talking about going into business together and Dorinda said her daughter might not like it he said was does the business aspect of their relationship has to do with Hannah.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6

Agreed.  Bethenny has always struck me as a great combination of being very bright and very present.  That girl does not shut off without manually flipping a switch.  She's a navigator, and she does it mid-conversation, mid-emotion, mid-object.  You could see her do it with Dorinda (who I think has a similar talent) while they were hashing out D's own self-admitted superficial resentment around B's bday.  While I actually don't mind Heather, I don't think she has this social and verbal agility.  She only has a few notes and one of those notes is to passive-aggressively remind another alpha that she's offended some beta. Pleez.

• Love 10

You can age-shame someone without using the words. If that's what she's into, and if that's fun for her, then let her live la vida loca!

The reason you see less and less older people at certain types of clubs is that people typically outgrow them.  I remember right after having my baby at age 26 and going to a club with my 20 year old sister and her friend.  I felt old and disoriented.  Clubs are fun for awhile but it's usually a phase of life you leave behind at a certain age.  I think Carole's story with the vomiting, etc, pretty much confirmed that she felt out of place and it wasn't the most enjoyable time she's had in awhile. 

• Love 4

I really don't care for Ramona at all, but I'll be damned if I didn't find her adorable in a couple of her talking head segments tonight, particularly the one where she said she was technically single.

Yes, Ramona, you are...you go, girl, get yourself some!!!

• Love 12

Just to piggyback off of what someone pointed out: Carole was at a club on Halloween. Plenty of folks of varying ages go out to parties and clubs on that night. It's interesting to be perturbed by Carole's mention of going to a club when the last episode was literally of these women going to a club that LuAnn suggested. 

I don't really see why LuAnn needs to be kept abreast of who Carole is dating. So what he's LuAnn's private chef? Who cares he had previously dated LuAnn's niece? Last I checked, Carole is free to see whomever she chooses, as is this single 29-year old (who, if I'm being honest, looks kind of dirty... but to each their own!).

Yeah, I'm not getting this big to-do about the fact that Carole is dating--gasp!--the guy who cooked some meals for LuAnn. I know that the guy is her niece's ex-boyfriend, and I'll get back to that, but LuAnn's Twitter feed last night was off the wall. She was being a right asshole to Carole and Heather (while also, from time to time, tweeting in third person so that's even more strange). During one of those asshole tweeting moments, she mentioned: 

Luann de Lesseps @CountessLuann  ·  9h 9 hours ago

One should know: you don’t pick up people who work for your friends.

Is that a real rule or a bitter ass Countess rule? And by tweeting THAT, LuAnn makes it seem that this is the issue and not that she's mad that this guy who once dated her niece is now dating Carole. I can only hope that LuAnn's niece has moved on otherwise I'm going to start thinking that the girl is still pining away for this guy, and LuAnn has taken up her niece's cause as though it were own.

Oh, and if this "Don't pick up people who work for your friends" thing is an actual rule, then why did LuAnn sex up Pirate Johnny Depp? Wasn't he an employee at her friend's St. Barth's nightclub establishment?

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 8

I honestly don't think Kristen was that mad. A little offended, yes, but genuinely upset? No. I feel like Heather escalated the situation to a level that was unnecessary by even bringing the situation to Bethenny. I do think that for the sake of the show, Dorinda and Kristen should have been invited since all of the other HWs were. I don't buy for one second that this was a private birthday party. I think it was a Bravo event. None of the guests were close friends of Bethenny from what I could see.

• Love 10

She is impatient with doing the show itself. It's as if she thought she could wedge it in between everything else she has going on in her life that actually has higher priority for her. It also shows in her eyes; they look strained.

Agreed.  She's often impatient with her cast mates.  During the sushi dinner I saw the strain in her eyes. Like, listening to anyone talk, except herself, was painful.  Which I think is normal for her on a good day but she just seems exhausted to me. 

Someone a few pages back asked, if she's happy being a workaholic and spreading herself too thin (skinny?), why she should stop?  Exhaustion might be one reason.  Even rock stars cancel concerts when they've worn themselves down.  And Bethenny is no Madonna.

• Love 7

Heather, I totally see you.

Heather is much more subtle than Bethenny but she definitely knew what she was doing. She is trying to engage Bethenny in some discord with other HW while pretending to be all caring and just a sweet messenger. Messengers get kill JS.

Heather is the one who brought to Kristen's attention the fact that she was not invited and harped on it. There was absolutely no need for her to do this but she did it anyway. Kristen didn't seem all that upset about it until Heather mentioned that she was the only one not invited. There was also absolutely no need for Heather to give any "heads up" to Bethenny about anything, Bethenny can handle herself and if Kristen had an issue with her she would have handled that in her own time.

I am with Bethenny on the fact that she spotted what Heather was doing since the moment Heather made that announcement that she had something to tell her and shut it down, was it the most tactful way? no, but it was Bethenny's way.

BTW it is not lost on me how surprised and dare I say "dissapointed" Heather and Kristen seemed when they learned that Bethenny and Ramona had quickly gotten over their petty argument and were on good standing again and had a good time at Boutique.

IMO that is one of the things that I am liking most about this season of RHNY, the petty fights quickly blow over and something else happens, I hate when a whole season or several episodes linger on and on and on about some stupid and silly fight that can get resolved in two seconds, not everything needs and apology and a meeting to talk about, sometimes you just acknowledge that it is what it is and keep on moving like Bethenny and Ramona did.

Bethenny and Ramona managed to get over their argument and all without saint interventionist Hether, I wonder how was that possible?

• Love 12

Guess I'm the only one who actually likes Bethenny. Then again, I only started watching this franchise last season and she wasn't on it, so this is the first I'm seeing of her. I really hated her whining in the first episode about being "homeless" and a few other things she's said/done that annoyed me, but overall I think I like her, mainly because she reminds me somewhat of myself- a sarcastic brunette with no time for BS. At least that's what I see. But again I don't know what she was like on past seasons.

IMO Heather was trying to stir the pot and make Kristen's feelings seem like more than they really were. B probably knew this so she shut it down right away. It's refreshing IMO to see one of them spot that BS from a mile away and shut it down. Otherwise we'd have to hear for the entire season about #BirthdayGate, like last season's #BookGate.

• Love 9

Good Lord, this is the year of the cougar! Sonja, Luann, Carole. Who's next? Ramona starts dating Noel? 

No, seriously, more power to them if they're happy, but sometimes it is a little odd to watch. Carole recounting her first date with Adam brought me back to when I was 16 and puked in a dude's van. No way I'd still want to be living like that at 50. It makes me tired just watching her. But hey, to each her own. Although, I must insist that there  is no need for a "screwing" emoji. No one needs to know that. Really. 

The new girl shine is wearing off of Dorinda quickly. The only thing I liked about her this episode was the fact that she refuses to get a new phone just because newer ones exist. If the old one still works, why trade it in? That's so like me. I JUST got my first smart phone a few weeks ago, and only because the camera was giving out on my old feature phone. 

But anyhow, other than that, she's a whole bucket of yuck. I really hate the way she treats John. First of all, I understand that her child will always come first. But she is letting her child run her life! Who asks their daughter if it's okay if they go into business with someone? That's just insane. So she was the one who BRINGS Hannah into the entire conversation, and then gets mad at John when he uses that against her. Granted, it was a bit petty, but he was hurt. I get it. We haven't heard much from Hannah on the whole thing, but my guess is that she's not going to like anyone Dorinda gets serious with, because it's not her father. That's a valid way to feel, but she's going to have to get over it. If Dorinda insists on catering to her daughter like this, she's just going to wind up old and alone. 

And I also don't like how Dorinda compares to John to her late (perfectly fine terminology) husband. She did it at dinner with the girls AND she did it to John's face! That is just so uncool.(And Lulu insists that we all be "cool"!) Don't make John live in that dude's shadow. Yea, I really don't see this relationship lasting that long. And it looks like John is a bit of a flirt who really pushes boundaries....so maybe it's for the best from both sides. 

Also, Hannah with her "Fudgy the Whale" comments? Get the fuck outta here. I hope she gives birth to 6 kids back to back and is never able to lose any of the baby weight. What a little snob. 

Ramona and her dog in the restaurant? No. Just no. 

I'm finding it hard to believe that I ever liked Bethenny. I mean, I used to really enjoy her! Now she is just constantly caustic and condescending and it's just uncomfortable to watch. FTR, Invite-gate was pretty stupid. I was with Kristen's nanny - "Who cares?" However, I can understand her being a bit hurt when she hears basically every cast member was invited except for her. I don't think she was making a big deal out of it. It was more like, "Hmmm, that's weird. I wonder if it was something I did?" Natural reaction, and I really hate how Bethenny thinks she can just invalidate someone's feelings. "That's ridiculous!" To you, maybe. Your inability to empathize is concerning. It wasn't a big deal, until Bethenny made it a big deal. All she had to say was, "Oh okay, I didn't mean anything by it. I'll be glad to tell her that if she brings it up" and move right along. But instead she launched into another one of her "Everyone and everything is boring me" tirades, and ruined the entire dinner. She is just incredibly dismissive, and it's not okay. I thought Heather handled herself very well and I'm interested in seeing them go toe-to-toe in the future. 

• Love 16