Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E19: Broken Arrow

MostlyC
  • Start Topic

Roy. :*)

It's been so long since this show surprised me in a good way.

So, death toll:

Fern

This was a good ep? A bit too much at times, but...I enjoyed it.\

ETA: Ooops about Thea

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6

So does this confirm Roy is going to be on the Titans show? otherwise i can't imagine why they'd do this.

That was a decent episode.

Felicity almost saying "I love you", plus a bunch of other stuff she tried very hard to not say in order to avoid admitting her feeling for Oliver and in the way actually admitting them by not saying.. (it's been a long two days)

Ray realizing where Felicity hearth lays.

and Roy almost dying (I was so annoyed that I was ready to blast my Facebook feed).

Oh and Oliver "is there any chance you two are related" to Felicity about ray.. your green is showing Queen and it ain't in your Arrow suit.

and minimum buckles, couldn't we have just reversed the roles and send buckles away?

Also... I didn't want to believe they'll kill Thea.. to resurrect her. it's just... well we all sort of foresaw it. hopefully whatever change that will happen to her will be a good one. but.. yea it's a tad boring. but i'm also exhausted so...

Next week looks like fun.

ETA: oh yea the Fern. Felicity poor face when they knocked Fernie... I can only imagine how poor Sally feels seeing her lover being knocked down like that

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 5

Holy shit. That was epic.

Poor Roy, poor Thea! Girl put up a better fight than Oliver.

Rays time on the flash did him good, he didn't annoy me a single time.

Stephen's acting has gotten so much better as the seasons have gone on.

Hi Cisco, bye Cisco!

So is Roy gone for good, or will this mess be cleaned up by the end of the season?

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 5

Right now all I can do is take a deep breath and thank the show runners for a) not killing Roy and b) proving that Team Arrow is pretty darn smart and capable.

I actually enjoyed all the Ray/Oliver stuff too.

• Love 12

Well, that was certainly unexpected.  Ra's did pay off the blood debt, but damn, was not expecting that.

I love geeky dorky Ray, Oliver should have given him a high five.  Ray just needs to visit Central City more to hang out with his science bro, Cisco.  They were great together last night, and were still awesome together tonight in just one scene.

I was hoping Roy was going to say maybe he should form a new team, as a hint to Teen Titans.

• Love 5

So help me, I really liked that episode.  I was ready to condemn it after Roy's death but they legitimately surprised me when it was revealed that he was alive.  Great job on that one.  I hope he'll be spinning off to the new show because otherwise I have no idea why you'd want to lose Colton Haynes as he and his character have improved by leaps and bounds this year.

Really liked Roy in this one too.  His aggravating Oliver was funny, as was that high five.  Nice cameo with Cisco, whom he worked well with yesterday.

Loved watching Thea try to fight Ra's.

The metahuman Jake Simmons looks a lot like a young Peter Capaldi.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 1

Who's next, Show? Baby Sara??

This episode had me crying, which, well, it's been a while since I felt strongly enough to cry about on this show. So, the writers managed to do that.

Ray was tolerable and I  even felt a bit for him at the end.

Matt Nable; man, I hope he's squirreled away with friends. If fans weren't happy with him before, tonight's not going to help. *g*

Praise Lyla!

I need to gather my thoughts better.

• Love 1

That was a good episode. Colton did a really good job, I was surprised.

OG TA for the Win! Seriously perfect, every single scene was great. O/F, O/D, O/R, O/F/D, O/F/D/R...so good

I knew the Roy death was a fakeout, too shady he didn't see him die. But they surprised me with F/D/R coming up with it together.

Loved the goodbye scene and I do think Roy is gone, probably because of that movie rumor.

I count 3 wins on my prediction,

thea mostly dead (we knew lp was coming)

roy fake death

Fern killed but found in rubble (I'm counting this one)

Sally and Akio alive were my wrong guesses (thought both were toast).

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

I thoroughly enjoyed that??? WOW Arrow, well played :p 

• YES! Roy didn't die! :') BUT NO! THEA?!
  • ALSO How in the world can Thea and FElicity stand next to one another and not talk? 
  • The Olicity was strong in this one. I loved it. I just wish Felicity broke up with Ray. I mean, come on. IT'S TIME. 
  • I hope Felicity doesn't cheat. But I'm also more skeptical about whether or not the sex scene is real. Hmmm
  • Poor Fern :(
  • I'm hating Quentin Lance. And I hate that I'm hating him
  • Laurel was in this episode for like a minute and I didn't even notice she was gone. IMO she was fine this episode. She works best as a lawyer
  • Ray was okay? I still don't like him. But he's best when he's interacting with other people
  • HELLZ YEAH Felicity saved herself. 

Scene I laughed at the most?

tumblr_nmvievIavv1sjxzs0o1_400.gif

I fucking LOVE John Diggle. 

• Love 19

Solid good episode!

Sad to see Roy go, but glad it was a twist and he wasn't dead. So does this mean he's off the show or going to the spinoff with Ray too? Hopefully there's a way if he's not going to the spinoff that he can return.

Ray's enthusiasm was great, really liked him with all the "team" stuff. He's fun to watch. Oliver helping him and talking him through also was great on Oliver's part. Enjoyed all the Ray/Oliver more than Oliver being an ass to Diggie etc...

Seeing Cisco at the end was great! Wasn't expecting that.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

• I'm hating Quentin Lance. And I hate that I'm hating him

I may have yelled "Fuck you, Captain Lance!" at the TV when he implied that Roy's death was Oliver's fault.  Maybe the police should work on setting up better prison security.

• Love 20

That was A damn Good Episode. I was scared they were gonna kill Roy AND Thea. Poor Thea! I know she's back next week but man oh man. Ray was likeable and loved Oliver fighting for him and being like a mentor. I liked Felicity almost saying "the man that I love". And I'm glad Ray saw where her heart lies. Loved Felicity fighting back against Deathbolt.

• Love 6

Amazing episode! Minimum Laurel was great. I'm sorry but you can clearly see that character doesn't add anything. Her saying above the law is funny considering how much she's used the law to bend in her way.

Original Team Arrow all the way. Why they have to make the good episodes at the end of the season?

• Love 8

I think that was on purpose, so that the police could only arrest Roy and they could do their plan without any interruptions.

That was on purpose. But it's ridiculous that they were able to isolate his and wipe down everyone else's.

• Love 2

That was good. Thank goodness.

I've really come to enjoy Roy throughout this season, and I was totally bummed when I thought he was dead.. Colton Haynes has never been the best actor, but I thought tonight was some of his best work. I'm sad that it seems he has left the show, but glad Roy is still alive so he can pop up in the Arrow-verse from time to time. 

The Oliver and Ray combination was comedy gold, and I wish they had tapped into it way sooner instead of isolating him with Felicity for most of the season. I think if we'd been having this type of interaction between Ray and Team Arrow all season, I would have warmed up to him more.

The only misstep for me was having Raylicity still intact at the end. I can buy they just didn't have time in the episode, but the writing was so clearly on the wall. I mean, Felicity could barely keep herself from telling Oliver she loved him, and even did tell him, albeit indirectly. 

Thea looks in bad shape. If she pulls through she and Oliver will have matching scars!

• Love 10

It was a solid episode but it's a shame how everyone predicted pretty much everything happening. 

And Felicity being all clingy with Ray was just too much to stomach. I really hope they break up soon because it's getting ridiculous.

So pleased Roy isn't dead. Hopefully we'll see him a couple of times maybe? They said CH exits as series regular but he could do guest appearances every now and then I suppose.

Is it wrong I laughed when the fern fell off the table?

• Love 2

The simplest answer is that they probably wiped down everything and then had Roy go back and touch stuff.

Yeah, I guess. Just seems like that would take forever and a day (I know why they did it, just...).

Edited by apinknightmare

That was on purpose. But it's ridiculous that they were able to isolate his and wipe down everyone else's.

I figured they wiped everything first and just had Roy touch everything after.   (Or what Chasity said)

I love that Felicity/Diggle and Roy came up with such a bad ass plan.  Fuck you Quentin.  He really is behaving like a child.  I actually wanted the meta human to kill a bunch more people because there was no Arrow to stop him so Lance could choke on his vendetta.  

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 7

Has it been confirmed why Roy exited, ie, Colton Haynes' choice or a writing "choice"?  I hope it's the former, because there's so much more the writers could have done with Arsenal and they mostly squandered it for flashbacks.  Oh my god, the flashbacks.  Even "Lost" got the hint after a while and started doing flashforwards.  In some sense, I don't mind them, because I can needlepoint without missing the action, but they are such a mind suck and insult to my intelligence.  I'm able to grasp Oliver's emotional state without resorting to the flashback wig and Akio.  Is he the worst child actor or what? 

I'm confused about the "Arrow"/"Flash" timeline.  Last night's episode of the latter was set before Ray confessed his love, but also right after Barry confessed his suspicions about Wells.  It also seemed like Ray got the idea for the nano technology from Bree.  I'm just...confused how the two universes are supposed to be meshing.

I still find Matt Nable crazy attractive and I'm not ashamed of it.  Or how much I like Ray.  Who knew Brandon Routh had such excellent comedic timing?  But mostly?  He got us a Cisco cameo and asked the only question that matters: how  they go to the bathroom in the Star Labs' prison?

Is it wrong I laughed when the fern fell off the table?

Is it sad that I got a little teary when it did?  Tearier than Roy's "death".   Between the fern and SCPD mauling her computers, Felicity's face was heartbreaking.

Edited by Lila82
  • Love 5

Has it been confirmed why Roy exited, ie, Colton Haynes' choice or a writing "choice". I hope it's the former, because there's so much more the writers could have done with Arsenal and they mostly squandered it for flashbacks. Oh my god, the flashbacks. Even "Lost" got the hint after a while and started doing flashforwards. In some sense, I don't mind them, because I can needlepoint without missing the action, but they are such a mind suck and insult to my intelligence. I'm able to grasp Oliver's emotional state without resorting to the flashback wig and Akio. Is he the worst child actor or what?

I'm confused about the "Arrow"/"Flash" timeline. Last night's episode of the latter was set before Ray confessed his love, but also right after Barry confessed his suspicions about Wells. It also seemed like Ray got the idea for the nano technology from Bree. I'm just...confused how the two universes are supposed to be meshing.

I still find Matt Nable crazy attractive and I'm not ashamed of it. Or how much I like Ray. Who knew Brandon Routh had such excellent comedic timing? But mostly? He got us a Cisco cameo and asked the only question that matters: how they go to the bathroom in the Star Labs' prison?

Is it sad that I got a little teary when it did? Tearier than Roy's "death". Between the fern and SCPD mauling her computers, Felicity's face was heartbreaking.

There are a few articles posted in the news thread. I didn't want to post here because they were kinda spoilery.

• Love 1

Ah, my first Arrow after my Daredevil binge.  This should be interesting.

I know it was wrong, but I almost died laughing when Oliver said he thinks Felicity and Ray might be related, and the death-glare Felicity gave him.  It feels like ages since Oliver ever made me laugh that hard.  And, it was just such a dark/adult comment, that I really never would have predicted he would go there.  Second biggest laugh was easily Diggle's head-shake when Oliver asked if she acted the same way she did with him, whenever he was talking Ray through the fight.  It felt like original Team Arrow there for a second.

Kind of figured Roy's "death" was going to be a fake-out, because as shitty as this show has been to them, I don't think they would have him get offed by a random cop like that.  They would at the very, very least, had Maseo or another League member sneak in, and that's how he dies.  Still, the actual plan itself was impressive, and props to him, Diggle, and Felicity, for pulling that off.  But, now he has to go away.  I wonder for how long, or he's gone for good on this show, and be shipped off to one of the other ones.  Hey, at least he's alive.

Instead, it looks like it is Thea knocking on death's door, thanks to Ra's.  But, I won't count her out yet.  I'm sure this is part of his plan, to make Oliver accept his offer, in order to use his Lazarus Pit.

Doug Jones was good as Deadbolt.

Ray didn't bug me as much, since at least he interacted with other characters, and Oliver and Diggle both rolled his eyes at him several times, so it wasn't just another episode of "Ray is the Greatest and Everyone Loves Him!"  Plus, he did get his ass kicked a good bit.  Still, managed a win, but Oliver really helped.  Still, the sooner he gets that spin-off, the better.  The final bit with Cisco though was great.

Today in bizarre world: get a Quentin vs. Laurel scene, and I'm siding with Laurel.  Sigh... I hated how everyone lied to him, but this reaction is just too much.  He really is ignoring everything good "The Arrow" did, and just painting him as a bad guy.  If Oliver does leave for good, I think he'll regret it, once the bad guys come back into play, and maybe even a few more Metahumans crash Starling City.  It's not like Barry can zip over there, with all the crap he's dealing with.

Glad this episode didn't suck.  Considering how Ray-heavy it was, that is high praise, as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 15

I love Quentin, but Pike was right: the need to punish Oliver is going to bite Quentin in the ass big time if he can't either give it up or go smarter. 

Where was Walter? I know there was probably real world reasons, but at least a mention of Walter calling to check-in with Thea would have been appreciated. Plus, Walter knows how Lance is like a dog with a bone when it comes to Oliver. Walter would have sent help in some fashion. I do get the drawing in/down of Oliver's world is on purpose, but unless the show is saying that The Demon's head has dismissed a savvy businessman as an aid to Oliver, there could have been an acknowledgement of tying up Walter in some fashion to keep him from helping the Queens. 

Sorry, "Amanda Waller"; I remember the "student" that begged for Oliver's help on Lian Yu. I sort of want to believe you, yet I don't. 

The bit with Ray asking about the illegal prison wasn't cute, imo, because the writers aren't going to get brownie points for pointing out problems and still not answering those fan concerns. Especially on a show that has enough storylines running around. Arrow doesn't need that particular fan thing addressed here.

I loved that Doug Jones got to not be all make-up'd  for this role. ( I enjoyed him as the Silver Surfer's body in that Fantastic Four movie and as Abe Sapien's body in the Hellboy movies.) Also, Deathbolt, dude, this is not just some lady. She is Felicity damn Smoak and you better come correct or she will find a way to hurt you.

I still am sniffly about Roy and Thea, but I love both the characters and the actors so much. Great work by them especially tonight.  The prison " I don't want toile to you" scene? Super!  That Thea didn't give Quentin a ninja ass-kicking for talking about Roy and Oliver like that ( after the first prison fight)? She is a hero in my eyes.

A Lyla name-drop and  Diggle having to get a bit handsy back at Oliver? My heart. I actually yelled "Oliver! No!" at my TV at that.

I did like Laurel essentially serving Quentin some 'you can have one or the other but not both' and being able to work her law-fu to block him in a way he couldn't fight. Too bad his cop-fu was stronger, but Laurel was good this episode.

I'll be back next week; it looks interesting.

• Love 3

I don't know what to think about this episode. I guess I liked it--there were a lot of good moments, and the last 15 minutes really were surprising, so that's good!

While Quentin was trying to bully Thea about Oliver, his argument was you know, your boyfriend just got hurt in prison and...it shoulda been your brother instead? How is this going to get Thea to come around to Quentin's perspective? I'm so sorry they're doing this to QL, honestly, it's ridiculous bullshit.

The Ray/Felicity/Oliver stuff was kinda muddled, to me. Felicity seemed WAY over the top concerned and schmoopy about Ray for someone who has also apparently realized she's in love with this other dude. I don't know. The see-sawing back and forth between cooing and hanging all over Ray just kinda undercut the O/F stuff that was also happening. I think it was supposed to be the other way around, but to be honest, that's not how it came off for me. It's fine, I know it's over next episode, but I wish the buildup hadn't been so...off.

I'm really sad about Roy. Glad he didn't die in-universe, but he may as well have, and that sucks because he was one of the only things I've liked about this season.

• Love 17

Of course Roy wasn't going to die, only women can be killed on this show.

See it's not about killing a woman, it's about killing someone Oliver would do ANYTHING for and sacrifice anything for. And the only people he'd do that for are Thea and Felicity. The two closest people in his life. Heck, he probably would've done it for Diggle, but I think Ra's wanted an easy target. And Thea was alone.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4

Today in bizarre world: get a Quentin vs. Laurel scene, and I'm siding with Laurel.  Sigh... I hated how everyone lied to him, but this reaction is just too much.  He really is ignoring everything good "The Arrow" did, and just painting him as a bad guy.  If Oliver does leave for good, I think he'll regret it, once the bad guys come back into play, and maybe even a few more Metahumans crash Starling City.  It's not like Barry can zip over there, with all the crap he's dealing with.

I have to disagree. I am always going to side with Lance on this, he deserved to know the truth about Sara. Quite honestly I put the blame on this all mess upon Buckles, instead of telling Lance the truth like an adult she acted like a child. so the entire mess that is happening? her fault, and god only knows why she isn't the one who is being punished, while everyone else is.

• Love 2

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit.

LOVED Roy and Diggle and Felicity teaming up. They suckered me, I gotta admit. I was so happy that Roy was alive AND that Diggle and Felicity weren't as coolly practical as they'd seemed.

Really enjoyed the Ray/Oliver interaction. I confess I rewound the high-five a couple of times. Loved the look Oliver gave the mechanic hand when he realized it had mimicked Ray.

Nice to see Cisco.

Felicity needs to work on her PDA.

You suck, Lance.

HUG ROY, DAMMIT, OLIVER. Someone in my house may have been yelling that.

• Love 6

Loved all the Team Arrow in this episode and that Roy didn't actually die. I might have missed something but was there a reason Digg and Felicity didn't tell Oliver and Thea about the plan? I can't think of any reason not to other than 'plot twist!' It seems really cruel not to let them in on the secret. I mean, Oliver was devastated (SA was so good in that moment).

I found Ray 10,000 times more irritating tonight. Oliver being over it was great but I am just not here for him giving superhero pep talks to Ray. I mean, Oliver had to control the suit because Ray couldn't fight but as soon Ray 'believes in himself' he can suddenly punch it out just fine?

I still find that Felicity feels really OOC around Ray. She was totally fine in the Team Arrow scenes, but she always feels 'off' to me around Ray. And I'm starting to get a bad feeling Ray will be the one break up with her, which will make me rage so hard I may not be able to enjoy the rest of the next ep as much as I normally would.

Quentin Lance has literally become THE WORST. At least now I know where Laurel got it from.

The Thea ending was really difficult to watch and I'm more than a little annoyed that yet another female character met a brutal end - just because it probably isn't going to stick doesn't discount the fact that it happened (again) in the first place.

• Love 13

See it's not about killing a woman, it's about killing someone Oliver would do ANYTHING for and sacrifice anything for. And the only people he'd do that for are Thea and Felicity. The two closest people in his life. Heck, he probably would've done it for Diggle, but I think Ra's wanted an easy target. And Thea was alone.

Nice of Malcolm to finally get lost, you know, when for once it would've been good to have him around.

Ah, plot.

• Love 13

I was kind of touched when I thought it might actually be Roy that Oliver would join the League to save. I'm glad it wasn't, but I did think for a minute that might be where we were headed.

• Love 3

i enjoyed that.  This was a surprise.

Yay Roy. I was so happy with the fake-out.

Poor Roy I'm really going to miss  you.

Laurel always is most useful when she's being a good lawyer.

Oliver rolling his eyes at Ray -- priceless.  Such a waste not incorporating Ray sooner.  Also, I notice that Oliver has now taught Roy, Barry and Ray how to be a superhero.  He needs to open an academy now that he can't be The Arrow any more.

Don't do it, Tatsu!  I just know it's going to end badly!

Does this mean that DC yanked Amanda Waller too because of the Suicide Squad movie?  (Currently filming in Toronto, I hear.)

I still hate Ra's. Hate hate, not 'love to hate'.

Hi Cisco, bye Cisco!

Good thing they film on adjoining lots.

I love that they managed to get every print out of the foundry BUT ROY'S

I assumed they wiped everything and then re-applied Roy's prints.  Or maybe Roy went around touching everything before he was arrested. But it had to have been done again to anything Oliver touched if he was down in the lair after the arrest, which he may have been since he was at Verdant when Quentin showed up with the search order.

I hope Felicity they scrubbed the computers too because you know the police IT people are going to be looking into them.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

(wonderwall said:) And Thea was alone.

(apinknightmare said:) Nice of Malcolm to finally get lost, you know, when for once it would've been good to have him around.

Maybe he left to get soup for his own evil  father ass?

• Love 2

Ok can I just say. MG says Laurel goes pretty far for Oliver which, really? Come on. Then you actually have Roy, Diggle and Felicity going to extremes to protect Oliver/Arrow, care for him and his cause and understand him.

It's such a joke.

Speaking of jokes, this was actually a funny episode. Ray/Felicity scenes cracked me up. Ray/Oliver scenes were funny as well but, as cliche as it was, I really liked Oliver coaching Ray.

Also the OG TA scenes were great. Loved the Oliver crack about Ray/Felicity being related and the look from Diggle.

• Love 12

Wow Like mother, like daughter. Damn, poor Thea.

Lots of manpain tonight, with no respite. At least The Flash has a sense of humor in between touching and traumatic moments. Roy's gone, Thea's dead (or has a really big boo-boo), and Ray is still inept in so many ways. Still, Brandon Routh is better as Ray than as Superman. Then again, I think Todd Ingram has both characters beat.

Damn, Lance is gonna outlive Team Arrow. So much for him keeling over from a weak heart. Still not as bad as his (still living) daughter, though. Yeah, Laurel, you still suck.

Cisco and Ray need to team up more often. They were good last night, and it was good tonight . . . though I think Carlos Velez should not have been featured in the credits. I kept expecting Cisco to pop up to offer advice, not just to be there when Ray dumped Deathbolt in the Pipeline. Speaking of Deathbolt . . . is it really that far-fetched for metahumans to not be related to the particle accelerator incident? I mean, isn't Brick bulletproof to some extent?

• Love 2

Since this episode show Felicity and Ray have already visited Central City, is there any reasonable point in the recent storyline where that could have taken place?

I think we all came to the conclusion that it happened at the end of 317 between Felicity thanking Oliver and Felicity/Ray having that meeting with the Mayor before Ray got arrowed