Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E19: Broken Arrow

MostlyC
  • Start Topic

pls-moi asked:

LOVED the Roy spoiler. It was perfect! Why did Felicity call him Scarecrow?

She was quoting a line from “Wizard of Oz.”

Yeah but why, whats the significance?

bad writing. Felicity would never reveal anyone's identity without their approval. They set the precedence in episode 4&8 of the Flash and numerous episodes of Arrow. I just think that it's because they wanted Ray in the fold and Felicity telling him was the only way. smh. Very out of character

That would be more than once since she also told Barry that Laurel has become Black Canary, and I doubt Barry knows who Thea is, if he does I doubt he cared to know about her business.

There also seemed to be a pulling back to Original Team Arrow here, just Oliver, Diggle and Felicity sending Roy off, just as there had been "This started with the three of us. It's time see got back to that".at the end of season 2.  In the Behind the Scenes, following a tweet from David Ramsey about O/D/F being the core of the show, we've been debating whether MG knows that too.  Looking at this episode, I think he does; the Team Arrow of Oliver/Diggle/Felicity is the bread-and-butter of this show, and while they mess things up during the season, introducing new characters and alienating others, it seems like the EPs pull back to the core Team Arrow group at May sweeps time to bring viewers back and keep them interested for the next season.

The show needs to stop being so wish wash & decide what it is they want to be. Its becoming a trend now that they only seem to stir back to the so called "Original & core" Team Arrow when they are a very few episodes left. Such a vote of confidence. What is the point, either this is a team of 3 or its not.   Just choose one path gosh, if Colton really chose not to renew his contract I wouldn't be surprised why. The actors/characters that are not a certain two on this show seem to NOT get the respect they deserve. Why would they stay. You cant say Roy is part of the team but oh he is really not, now that he has left are they going to do the same with Thea/Willa, while claiming this is a Team of 3. And Diggle still getting to do very little. Dont get me started on their wish wash with Laurel.

Seems really deceptive to me, a regular theme with this show, they want to put up a different show & get the benefits while paying lip service about a different one.  

Edited by Conell

Yeah but why, whats the significance?

A joke? The writers had Wizard of Oz in the brain after having the bad guy call Palmer "Tin Man" in the same episode?

Or... Wizard of Oz is a self-discovery journey embarked by a girl and three guys, all looking for something only to realize in the end they already had what they were seeking inside of them. So Felicity cast herself and her team mates into the roles at the end of the journey because SHE had Wizard of Oz in the brain after hearing Deathbolt call Palmer "Tin Man"?

• Love 12
A joke? The writers had Wizard of Oz in the brain after having the bad guy call Palmer "Tin Man" in the same episode?

Or... Wizard of Oz is a self-discovery journey embarked by a girl and three guys, all looking for something only to realize in the end they already had what they were seeking inside of them. So Felicity cast herself and her team mates into the roles at the end of the journey because SHE had Wizard of Oz in the brain after hearing Deathbolt call Palmer "Tin Man"?

Thanks. Never been an Oz fan but this makes me want to try again.

Regarding Felicity calling Roy "Scarecrow" -- IIRC, in the Wizard of Oz, the Scarecrow was the one who came up with the plan to rescue Dorothy from the Wicked Witch.  Here, Roy was the one who came up with the plan to save Oliver. 

I fanwank that Felicity and Roy recently watched The Wizard of Oz together (off-screen), so that's why she used that reference -- or what dancingnancy said.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9

My thoughts just went to "If I only had a brain"...

For the Oz Analogy

I would make Oliver Dorothy, he is on the journey of self discovery and still not home.

Felicity is the Lion because she is really brave and will do things even if she is scared

Diggle is the Tin man because he has a big heart

• Love 4

That was one of my favorite episodes of the season. So if Ray's the Tin Man and Roy's the Scarecrow, what does that make Oliver and Digg? Good Team Arrow moments, nice team up with Ray and Oliver fighting, Brandon Routh looked really attractive in that leather jacket, Roy's alive, Cisco stopped by. The most tense moment for me was when Oliver and Diggle started shoving. That just about broke my heart.

Well Oliver is obviously Dorothy I guess Diggle is the Lion?, cause Felicity is obviously The Wizard, While Laurel is the wicked witch of the west & Sara is naturally Glinda, Thea is the witch of the east?

And now I need a Oz based Arrow fanfic off this characters list.. dear lord this is what happens when i have a day off and time to clear my brain and just think a bit.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 3

People were talking comparing WoO in the TA thread. When I watch the WoO, it always seemed like what the characters were searching for from the wizard, they already possessed they just hadn't realized it yet. I always thought that was the message of the movie.

Dorothy - Oliver (has found home again in family & TA)

Lion -- Diggle (courage in spades)

Tin Man -- Felicity (almost all heart to go along with her smarts)

Scarecrow -- Roy (underestimated, but smarter than people think)

Wicked Witch -- Malcolm (Plotting from the beginning to the end)

Glinda -- Thea/Sara (helps hero find their way)

Toto -- Laurel (tags along & plays crucial bit role here & there)

• Love 3

People were talking comparing WoO in the TA thread. When I watch the WoO, it always seemed like what the characters were searching for from the wizard, they already possessed they just hadn't realized it yet. I always thought that was the message of the movie.

Dorothy - Oliver (has found home again in family & TA)

Lion -- Diggle (courage in spades)

Tin Man -- Felicity (almost all heart to go along with her smarts)

Scarecrow -- Roy (underestimated, but smarter than people think)

Wicked Witch -- Malcolm (Plotting from the beginning to the end)

Glinda -- Thea/Sara (helps hero find their way)

Toto -- Laurel (tags along & plays crucial bit role here & there)

Too bad that Malcolm does not threaten "Toto" more often...

Who are the Flying Monkeys???? SCPD?

• Love 1

Too bad that Malcolm does not threaten "Toto" more often...

Who are the Flying Monkeys???? SCPD?

That could explain why they never found him when they raided the loft twice... the monkeys were always working for the Wicked Witch. Another mystery solved :)

Going back to a subject that was touched on earlier.  I tend to agree that Laurel was not a part of the plan to fake Roy's death, mostly because why involve her if they didn't need to, but I assume that they fully intended to let her know Roy was alive after the fact.  I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't, it just wasn't as much a priority to Roy as telling Thea. 

• Love 4

I like Felicity being Dorothy and Oliver is DEFINITELY the Tin Man

Yea, I spoke to this in TA thread. Home & heart are so interchangeable at times and O/F partnership is linked & works in such a way that I could see them as interchangeable. I also felt more like Oliver was the TinMan after seeing this tumblr explanation.

Anybody else have Hunger Games flashbacks when Ray was screaming at Felicity to leave him at the power plant? Memories of wee Josh Hutcherson, BR's wide eyes and the weird lighting on his face all made it a weird moment for me.

I'm liking TA as WoO, but I can't have Diggle as Toto. Or the Cowardly Lion. (That's Ray, this ep. Frankly I'm seeing Felicity in the role of Toto - scrappy, surprisingly resourceful, beloved, and targeted viciously for almost no reason.)

• Love 1

Wow...I figured that Roy would somehow make it out alive - even after he appeared to be dead -- but Thea being stabbed was a real shocker.

ETA: The Queen family really does not have a good history with swords.

Edited by LisaM

Okay I take back what I said earlier about it being smart to have Ray handle the meta without Laurel being involved...since the last episode of Flash seemingly had to again have taken place before the Oliver being outed plot on Arrow...then

Laurel has been sitting on a Canary Cry necklace

and really should have been sent to aid Ray in the fight against the laser eyes meta.  Seems like she could have been a big help after all.  But I guess they didn't want to spoil the moment on Flash and so have chosen to ignore it on Arrow to this point...   This whole repeatedly crossing over thing is starting to cause issues. 

Edited by Xenith22
  • Love 4

The timeline between Arrow and Flash makes more sense than I was willing to give it.  Last week's Flash 1.18  had to happen between the end of 3.17 and the start of 3.18.  Assume Ray gets shot as soon as they are back in Starling.  He's in the hospital for no more than a day or two during which time Oliver is arrested, Roy turns himself in and Oliver gets out.  Based on wardrobe changes, only another two days go by during Broken Arrow so no more than 3- 4 days have passed since Felicity and Ray were in Central City.   (Apparently arrow stab wounds are nothing. )  Thea gets stabbed and I assume it's wheels up by the next day so all we need is 4-5 days max between crossovers and there is a reference in Flash 1.19 that at least a few days have passed since Iris moved home (and usually a week is a week on Flash) so by the time Joe shows up in Starling, Oliver and Co could be off dealing with Thea and Lance available to give personal tours of empty highways.     

• Love 2

I'm tired of Ra's running around Starling City acting like a little bitch, outing secrets, stabbing girls -- it's beneath the character.   Bad enough the writers hijack a BATMAN villain, but then they dilute and twist the character until he has less nobility than Vertigo or the other two-bit baddies who have plagued the city these last couple years.

This Ra's storyline BLOWS.   The writers are incompetent.    They ought to fire the whole crew and start over from scratch.

What a fucking mess this season has been.

And I HATE Quentin Lance.   I have always disliked the character and the actor, but these last couple episodes have put it out of the ballpark. 

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2

Finally got to see this. I liked it. I won't go into detail because all y'all's comments were so great. For some reason David Ramsey looked younger in this episode to me. I can't put my finger on why. That's all I've got.

Edited by BunsenBurner

I know Im crazy late to the party but holy shit this episode killed me to death! I enjoy Arrow well enough but Ive never really had a particularly emotional attachment to it but I really like Roy and Thea has really grown on me. When Roy got "killed" and Oliver was told about it, I seriously started crying, it was too much. Then, Roy came back and I was happy but sad he cant stay in town. THEN, that last scene....omfg I have Raza Gool or Raysh a Goul or whatever the Demon Head I HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man Thea! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow what an episode. I dont even care if everyone else hated it, this to me was maybe one of the very best episodes of Arrow. "There ya go, turnin  my whole world around"

• Love 1

I'm really glad I actually decided to rewatch this episode. I had completely forgotten how much I loved this episode! It had so many high moments in it. There were very few parts that I was not completely engrossed in, despite knowing the outcomes. I was still brought to tears with Roy's sacrifice. Never noticed before but RAs wears more of a casual robe blazer to fight Thea in, that was a dapper surprise. It was just such a gosh darn AMAZING episode.

My only two complaints was OQ not being able to be in the field (although he still kicked ass virtually & the I am the weapon speech, priceless). And I still think FS should have broken it off w/ RP in this one, but you know symmetry.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

This is actually an episode I enjoyed  (Hated the last two)  I think part of it may be because Oliver got to interact with Ray for the first time and SA's Grumpy Cat expressions were hysterical.  Oliver/Ray were miles better than the banter they kept pitching for Raylicity.

Oliver also got to give Ray a talk on who the weapon really is, not the bow or the suit.  It was nice to see Oliver teacing again, it's been over a season since he got to do that

I'm not surprised that SA really liked the neural network/shadow boxing fight scene.  I liked the twist of Oliver not being allowed to go out and do what he wants to do, and having to rely on others. It's long past due he learned how to do that.

The whole Roy thing was great. I liked how he told Oliver and Felicity to tell Thea he's alive, even if it took 3 weeks to get it told.

Thea is soooo much better a fighter than Laurel. (Why does the Black Canary get all the spotlight?)  Incredibly idiotic of MM to leave her alone like that when he knows Ra's is in town.

• Love 2

Also figured out that if they had just taken Thea with them to say goodbye to Roy, she never would have been alone in the loft. But you know details & hindsight.

MM totally let his daughter down by leaving her alone. Although part of me seriously believes that he didn't mind sacrificing her to get his plan in motion to become the new Ras. There was something in his conversation with OQ that just screamed I know my daughter is still a target, but I'm gonna chill out for a bit & let OQ handle it.

• Love 1

Ray was there to provide FS a ride, since apparently the van doesn't fit 4 people anymore. Also he had to be there to witness that special moment between O/F, in which everything becomes clear. They wanted us to feel some sympathy towards RP and the upcoming break-up.

The last few minutes of the episode after Roy drove off was totally to set up the next episode. It was all for plot because it made no sense that they would take Ray along & leave Thea behind. It really should have only been the OTA & Roy, if Thea was not going to be invited.

• Love 1

It seems like everyone completely forgot the only reason Thea is in any sort of danger is because of Malcom's fucked upness! Sheesh, Ras doesnt even care very much about Sara's murder as he told Nessa, Ras wants Merlin dead because Merlin betrayed him many times, the Sara murder was just icing to Ras.

So on rewatch - I think I figured out why they had to make FS so lovey-dovey with RP in the temp lair. They had to make it visible to OQ that FS was in an actual relationship so he would know that he really lost her. He knew she was in one, but I think seeing it really forces him to accept the reality he let happen. At one point when he wants to break RH out of prison and has his altercation with Dig, he says he has already lost everything. The look is poignantly heartbreaking and it comes relatively soon after a F/R moment.

Also - this might be one of my fav ep of s3 (320 is still the best & my top fav ep, but this one is close). I missed seeing the ARROW in action, but the character moments were so amazing. OQ shadowboxing was still amazing the 2nd time around as well. And Roy's sacrifice still breaks my heart.

My only major complaint is why couldn't TQ be at the goodbye scene and then go home to be shish-kabbobed by Ras? If RP had time to make it to CC to lock up the meta with Cisco, I'm sure I could have fanwanked that TQ made it home in time to drink wine & flick through photos on her phone to be right on time for Ras' arrival. They took RH to the edge of town, not the edge of the world.

I didn't have that much of a problem with Thea not being there as much as I had with Ray there. It was the team saying goodbye. Logistically, I get Ray was supposed to see Felicity and Oliver in their 'our little boy is leaving home' moment but he felt superflous. Why would he be there, to give Felicity a ride? She knows how to drive and has her own car. And if he was, couldn't I have got a moment where Roy snarkily told him, BT dubs, thank for the electrocution, it relly lit up my day?

• Love 2

I have no idea or rational justification why RP had to be there other than to witness the moment of epiphany. Which honestly from my perspective was total BS anyway. The writers should have just given FS enough agency to simply end it with RP in 319 & break from their pattern of a 320 break-up for the stall couple. She could have had the epiphany moment saying goodbye to RH and drove straight to RP before he left town to deliver the meta to CC's Star lab prison. And if they had the break-up be amicable, she still could have borrowed his jet in 320. It also could have bookmarked their opening scene regarding capitalization of "l". For once the show wanted to show us RP's epiphany moment and not just tell us, and once again the show chose wrongly imo. They really need to evaluate their show & tell choices.

He was purely there for plot purposes, which is why it didn't bother me as much. Plus at this point, I felt they were in mayday mode trying to repair/salvage RP, that they were doing anything to try to make him look like a better man. Him witnessing that moment and graciously stepping aside for the O/F coupling was all part of their plan to make him seem like the better man. FS dumping him probably would have made him seem lesser in their minds. And after the jello incident, the writers probably didn't want to make his character seem any lesser or down than he already seemed. Its almost like the writers room got together and said "Let's coddle RP and give him the break-up, we've done enough to his character".

On the other hand, I felt like it hurt TQ's & RH's characterizations to not have her present, since there was little plot reasons why she couldn't be on the know, since they tell her in 321. However, It might have drawn attention to LL not being there. So perhaps they were trying to make is a TA thing, so no TQ or LL since they were not TA. Although as RH's current love fling & former gf, it would seem like TQ should be there. But I also wonder if they were trying to separate TQ from RH's character. They were trying to diminish that connection for future arcs. They were keeping this RH goodbye all about OQ & TA, and what he meant to them. It was his masked hero goodbye. He got his character goodbye in 321. 

IDK, I can give many logical & believable reasons why they chose to keep TQ away. However, the only reason I got for why RP was there was plot leading to his character rehab.

• Love 1

I can explain Thea's absence by imagining that it would be too hard for Roy to say goodbye and he asked the team to tell her everything after he was gone. So I can sort of see that from the character's point of view. Ray being there was pure plot and that bothers me, especially since so much of his presence was so damn plotty. Also see, hi, I'm a minister, I can officiate your wedding, person who I've only just met, even if my girlfriend, one of your closest friends, saw no reason to introduce us previously.

And yes, they should have definitely had Felicity break up with him.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 1

I can explain Thea's absence by imagining that it would be too hard for Roy to say goodbye and he asked the team to tell her everything after he was gone. So I can sort of see that from the character's point of view. Ray being there was pure plot and that bothers me, especially since so much of his presence was so damn plotty. Also see, hi, I'm a minister, I can officiate your wedding, person who I've only just met, even if my girlfriend, one of your closest friends, saw no reason to introduce us previously.

And yes, they should have definitely had Felicity break up with him.

Thanks! I will use your rationale of it being too hard on Roy to make me ok with the decision to not have her there. Because that feels right and organic to who Roy was, which helps me be ok with their decision.

OMG, so much of RP was plotty, I could not stand him!! I tried in my rewatch to not be against him and he did have some good moments. But most of his entire presence just irked me so much for the entire season from beginning to end. It's probably why I just accepted that he had to be there for plot, because the writers have conditioned me to accept that they will force people into situations for plot purposes. My options are to accept or rage. I was too heartbroken at Roy's leaving both times, to really care the RP was there for plot again. In my more sarcastic moods, I also imagine someone in the writers room thinking it would be funny to put him in that scene so we could have a gif of RP with a thought bubble showing a lightbulb. Not sure if it exists online, but in my head it does.

• Love 2

I think the problem with Ray is that the actor just physically doesn't carry himself like a adorkable nerd. Felicity does-she's a beautiful woman, but the geeky girl shines through. Barry and Cisco are the same. They're good looking guys, but they're still obviously adorkable.

Ray is just too perfect to pull off geeky. He's good looking, has a lot of money, and just carries himself like he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, got straight A's, sailed through college, was president of his fraternity. He's not able to pull off "geek" because he never experienced the social awkwardness that geeky kids/teens face, even those that end up being physically attractive, pulled together adults. All of his "see, I'm geeky like Felicity" lines fall flat because he just isn't and his backstory is such that he was unlikely to be treated as such. Felicity as the daughter of a Casino Waitress who moved to being a dealer when she had enough seniority is perfectly believable. So is Barry, the foster son of a police officer with a dead mom and a dad in prison. But I can't imagine anyone giving young Ray Palmer a wedgie or running his underwear up a flagpole.

Add that he also doesn't do traumatized, and he just isn't relatable. When you feel like messing up in a fight is the first time this guy has ever had anything go wrong in his life (yes, I know he lost Anna the love of his life, but since he was making Cow eyes at Felicity from the first time he walked into the Best Buy clone, I don't buy that, either), that doesn't make me root for him. He doesn't have the backstory of a Tony Stark or a Bruce Wayne to make it seem reasonable, even by comic book standards. Instead it comes off as a spoiled kid playing with toys, and that's not heroic.

• Love 10

I think Brandon Routh can make Ray adorkable when he's just being a giant nerd like in the Marooned episode of LoT.  But try to make him a leader, like the CEO of QC/Palmer who snatches it from beneath Oliver's nose, or even worse a romantic interest, and he fails miserably.  It's curious, Brandon Routh works best when his character is sexless but they keep trying to make him into a romantic hero (Chuck, Arrow, LoT) and it's a fail.

I thought his best scenes with Felicity were after they broke up, and that's not just because of my shipping preferences.

• Love 7

Felicity as the daughter of a Casino Waitress who moved to being a dealer when she had enough seniority is perfectly believable

Wait, was that actually in the show?  I don't remember it. 

• Love 1

Hi there! I've been binge-watching this show with my kids (we watched Season 1 of the Flash and figured we'd better find out more about this Arrow guy who keeps wandering into Central City). We just finished this episode. It's a lot of fun to watch these shows with a teen and a tween; they laugh at all the jokes and we all boo loudly when Slade or Malcolm appears onscreen. The 10-year old puts a blanket over his head whenever anyone starts kissing, though. (13-year-old: "That happens a LOT more on Arrow.") 

Is there a Midwesterner in the writer's room? I snorted when Deathbolt was at the intersection of Gantner and Yount (two well-known - well, here, anyway - former Milwaukee Brewers). 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bookmistress said:

Hi there! I've been binge-watching this show with my kids (we watched Season 1 of the Flash and figured we'd better find out more about this Arrow guy who keeps wandering into Central City). We just finished this episode. It's a lot of fun to watch these shows with a teen and a tween; they laugh at all the jokes and we all boo loudly when Slade or Malcolm appears onscreen. The 10-year old puts a blanket over his head whenever anyone starts kissing, though. (13-year-old: "That happens a LOT more on Arrow.") 

Is there a Midwesterner in the writer's room? I snorted when Deathbolt was at the intersection of Gantner and Yount (two well-known - well, here, anyway - former Milwaukee Brewers). 

Umm you might want to cover their eyes a lot in 320 haha Just fair warning!

And welcome to the board :)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Bookmistress said:

I second @wonderwall's advice, LOL! In fact, I'd go further and say send the kids out of the room for 320 ;)

• Love 1

I second @wonderwall's advice, LOL! In fact, I'd go further and say send the kids out of the room for 320 ;)

Advice noted! I had a feeling something of the sort would be (uh-oh) coming up (sorry) soon. I'm sure the younger child will send himself out of the room, particularly if there's more than "characters start kissing and take off their shirts! fade tastefully to black..." involved.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Bookmistress said:

Advice noted! I had a feeling something of the sort would be (uh-oh) coming up (sorry) soon. I'm sure the younger child will send himself out of the room, particularly if there's more than "characters start kissing and take off their shirts! fade tastefully to black..." involved.

Umm you just became my favorite :p

• Love 1
On 4/18/2015 at 9:42 AM, Genki said:

My thoughts just went to "If I only had a brain"...

For the Oz Analogy

I would make Oliver Dorothy, he is on the journey of self discovery and still not home.

Felicity is the Lion because she is really brave and will do things even if she is scared

Diggle is the Tin man because he has a big heart

Oliver has to be Dorothy because it's his story. Who has the most fears? I'd vote Laurel for Cowardly Lion, because she has the most fears and they surface all the time. Although her Dad is almost as scared as she is, so maybe it's split between them. Felicity is the one with all the brains, plus she's the love interest so she's the Scarecrow. Thea is the one Oliver would die to save and feels most responsible for, so she's Toto. Tossup between Diggle and Mausai who's the Tin Man. Who fights harder against having feelings?

Wicked Witch of the West is probably Malcolm, especially now that he's RSG.

Glinda...I can't even guess. I'll know when someone says, "you had the power to go home all along." Maybe Shado?

• Love 1

319 (Broken Arrow) – No Oliver Queen voiceover intro.

319 (Broken Arrow) – Laurel gets Oliver released from police custody:
Quentin: "You proud of yourself? Letting the kid take the fall?"
Oliver: "I'm not going to let him do that. Give me a pen and paper, I will sign a full confession.”
Laurel (entering): “Oliver, not another word. Uncuff him.”
Quentin: “Sure, in 25 to life.”
Laurel: “More like right now. (Hands him a legal document) Habeas writ. The District Attorney's Office won't be pursuing charges against Oliver Queen while it's charging Roy Harper with the same crime.”
Quentin: “Nice try. Five hours ago, Queen turned himself in. He confessed!”
Laurel: “To you, alone and uncorroborated. And then the Arrow turned himself in. Your so-called confession is looking rather fabricated right about now.”
Quentin: “That's just crap.”
Laurel: “The D.A. is ordering Oliver to be released. Are you the only one who's allowed to put themselves above the law?”
Quentin: “This isn't over.” (Uncuffs Oliver and walks away)
Oliver: “What the hell are you doing?”
Laurel: “I'm just making sure you both don't end up in prison.”

319 (Broken Arrow) – Ray Palmer downplays his earlier declaration of love to Felicity: 
Ray: "Hey, what are you doing here?"
Felicity: "Proofing the quarterly earnings report. And finalizing the subsonic ionizer patent application, and I'm trying to debug the sequential –“
Ray: “I mean, what are you doing here? Oliver and Roy Harper are both in handcuffs.”
Felicity: “I have a lot of work to do. And Oliver was released. How do you know about Roy Harper?”
Ray: “Apart from it being plastered all over the television, I'm able to put one and one together, and I get that Oliver's sister's boyfriend is obviously part of your team.”
Felicity: “Obviously.”
Ray: “You okay?”
Felicity: “Yes. How are you?”
Ray: “Yeah. (Points at head) Let's - let's not get into that. Uh… I said ‘I love you,’ but it was like, heh, it was like with a lowercase ‘l,’ you know, not, um, so let's not make it a thing. Um… you know, you had just saved my life, I had 6.2 billion nano robots coursing through my epithalamus, and my emotions were a little all over the place. Well, I'll let you get back to work-slash-worry, and, um - keep a good thought for Roy.”
Felicity: “Okay.”

319 (Broken Arrow) – Armed with a warrant, Quentin and the police raid Verdant’s basement where the Arrowcave is located:
Female News Anchor (on TV): "Ironically, before turning to vigilantism, Harper was a career criminal, with an arrest record for breaking and entering, petty theft, and grand larceny. Until recently, Harper had worked in collaboration with the S.C.P.D. –“
Oliver: "Thea."
Thea: "Tell me it wasn't you that put him up to this."
Oliver: “Of course not, but I'm going to do everything in my power to make it right.”
Diggle (entering with Felicity): “Are you okay?” 
Oliver: “I'm fine, but we need to get Roy out of prison.” 
Felicity: “Well, it looks like we might have another problem to add to our ever-growing list.” 
Female News Anchor (on TV): “Multiple homicide at Starling National Bank. Channel 52 has acquired surveillance footage of the incident –“
Diggle: “Makes sense. As a bank-robbing metahuman, why stay in Central City when you have plenty of banks and no Arrow?”
Oliver: “Okay. Okay, we need a plan to extract Roy. In the meantime, Felicity, call S.T.A.R. Labs, see if they're tracking any metahumans that have left Central City.”
(Quentin and police officers enter Verdant.)
Quentin: “S.C.P.D. According to city records, you got a basement down here.”
Diggle: “You already have Roy Harper in custody.”
Quentin: “Yeah, and I got a warrant that says I can search that basement. Sorry for the rush, but I didn't want to give you a chance to turn that place into a storage room again. Gentlemen. Here you go. Break it down. (Descends into the basement) I got you now, you son of a bitch.”

319 (Broken Arrow) – The police raid the Verdant basement (Arrowcave) but only find Roy’s prints;  and Oliver asks Ray for help in fighting a metahuman:
(Police are searching the Arrowcave and even knock over the fern.)
Quentin: "My Chinese is a little rusty, but this looks like a crate from the North China Sea. You've spent some time there, right? And this is my favorite. You actually put those things on display?”
Female Cop: “Captain, we have fingerprint matches for the latents we lifted off all this equipment.”
Quentin: “Hold that thought. What do you got?”
Female Cop: “We only got one match.”
Quentin: “What is it?”
Female Cop: “Roy Harper.”
Quentin: “Roy – just – (Oliver looks at Diggle and Felicity) Uh, did you check the other computers?”
Oliver: “Captain Lance, it's clear –“
Quentin: “Shut up! Whatever line of crap you're thinking about giving me, you just save it. Smart as you all are, you are bound to make a mistake eventually. And I'm going to be there when it happens.”
(Cut to Oliver, Diggle and Felicity walking outside Verdant.)
Oliver: “You wiped the entire place?”
Felicity: “And moved some of your more sensitive trunk items. You're welcome.”
Oliver: “But you didn't wipe Roy's prints.”
Diggle: “Oliver, Roy already confessed. We didn't see any point in losing both of you.”
Oliver: “I'm not losing Roy.”
Felicity: “What about that metahuman that is out there killing people?”
Oliver (sighing): “We need to grab my backup weapons cache in the secondary layer.”
Diggle: “You see those plainclothes? Lance will have them follow you everywhere you go. You try to nab even so much as a purse snatcher, and they'll pounce.”
Oliver: “Somebody needs to protect this city. We are dealing with a metahuman. Call Barry.”
Felicity: “Oh, he can't help right now, mm-mmm. He's got on a lot on his plate with Dr. Wells, I think. It's really hard to keep up with him. But… what if there's someone else that could help?”
(Cut to Ray working in his lab, when Felicity & Oliver enter.)
Ray: “Oh hey, Felicity. Check this out. I finally got the neural network online, so my brain tells my gauntlet to wave and –“(Gauntlet waves, he turns and sees them)
Oliver: “Hi.”
Ray: “Sorry to hear about what’s happening to you. If there’s anything I can do to help -”
Felicity: “Well, actually, that's why we're here.”
Ray: “Oh.”
Felicity: “You know how I try to keep my work life and my other work life separate. I meant to tell you that. Did I tell you that? Well, there’s a -” 
Oliver: “There’s a meta in Starling City that's killing people.”
Ray: “A meta, as in human?”
Oliver: “Yeah.”
Felicity: “So, obviously we need to catch this plasma death thing guy. Ugh, now I see why Cisco gives them all names. The police is all over Oliver, so… we need you.” 
Ray: “And you're okay with this?” 
Oliver: “We need your help.”
Ray: “So it's a team up. High-five!”

319 (Broken Arrow) – Team Arrow, with Ray’s help, identifies the meta-human as Jake Simmons (a/k/a Deathbolt); and Ray goes out in the field but is beaten by Simmons:
Oliver (on phone): "Thea, don't worry. Roy won't be in there much longer… I'm working on it. Bye.” (Hangs up)
Diggle: “Roy holding up?”
Oliver: “For now.”
Ray (entering): “Hot off the presses.”
Oliver: “What are those?”
Ray: “I visited the bank today. Uh, manager's a friend of mine. I beat him at squash every Tuesday. And I took a few photos of the crime scene. Actually, ‘photos’ is a bit reductive these are enhanced resonance scans. It occurred to me that if we can't see his face because of the radiation, we need to remove the radiation.”
Felicity: “Oh, I could kiss you right now. Awkward, sorry. Boundaries. We're working on it.”
Ray: “So, if we interlace the resonant scan's frequency with our news footage, we get this.”
Diggle: “There he is.”
Oliver: “Run a facial recognition.”
Felicity: “Way ahead of you. Jake Simmons. He's already in the system. Serial bank robber, which explains Starling National. Last known address, Central City.”
Oliver: “Where is he now?”
Felicity: “He was last seen on a traffic camera at the corner of Gantner and Yount. There's a processing plant there - he went in, never came out.”
Oliver: “On it.”
Ray: “Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on a second. I thought the whole point of this team-up was you not being spotted out as a vigilante.”
Oliver: “Stop calling it a team-up, Ray. This Jake Simmons is not just a metahuman, he is a killer. And you're not ready for that.”
Ray: “Look, I'm - I'm not going to try to equate our experiences, but superpowers are based in science, and I am a man of science. So if there's any way to defeat this guy, I'm the one who's best able to figure it out.”
Oliver: “Fine. The second that you get in over your head –“
Ray: “I'll run. Fly, probably."
(Cut to Ray landing near the processing plant.)
Ray (over comms): “How many abandoned warehouses do you think are in this city? No, no, I'm - I'm genuinely curious.”
Oliver (over comms): “Stay focused, Ray.” 
Felicity: “Maybe Simmons isn't in there.” 
Oliver: "Do you get this anxious when I'm out in the field?"
Felicity: "I honestly can't think of an answer to that question that doesn't get me in trouble."
(Oliver looks at Diggle, who shakes his head)
Ray (over comms): "Still nothing. Not a visual sighting or any other reading at all from the Atom. And when I say ‘Atom,’ I mean the suit, not myself in the third person."
Oliver: "There's a decent chance you and Palmer are related."
(Felicity gives Oliver a look.)
Ray (over comms): “Well, that's equally fascinating and terrifying.”
Oliver (over comms): “Be my eyes, Ray, what's going on?”
Simmons: “Oh, Tin Man? You shouldn't be here.”
Ray: “Actually, I should. See, you're the bad guy, and I am –“ (Simmons blasts him with his eyes, and Ray flies back.)
Felicity (over comms): “Ray?!”
Simmons (absorbing what Ray blasts back at him): “Thanks for the top off.” (Easily beats Ray)
Felicity (over comms): “Ray! Ray, where are you? Ray, Ray!”
(Ray blasts up into the air and lands hard nearby. Cut to Arrowcave.)
Felicity: “Oh, my God, Ray, are you hurt?”
Ray: “Heh, ‘hurt’ would be a step or two up from how I feel right now. But… just a second.” (Leaves to remove Atom suit)
Oliver: “You're lucky to have gotten out of there alive.”
Ray (returning): “It wasn't that bad, was it?”
Diggle: “It was way worse, Ray.”
Ray: “Right. I need shields!”
Oliver: “That's not the answer. You need to anticipate your opponent. You need to trust your instincts and not just your tech.”
Ray: “My instinct is to trust my tech.”
Oliver: “Ray, when I'm out in the field, my bow, my arrows, those are just tools. I'm the weapon.”
Ray: “That's poetic.”
Oliver: “My point is, that if you rely on that suit more than you rely on yourself… it's going to get you killed.”

319 (Broken Arrow) – Roy is attacked in prison, and Diggle tries to stop Oliver from taking action to break him out of prison:
Ray: "The suit recorded over 10 terrabytes of data, which were uploaded in real time to a geosynchronous satellite.”
Felicity: “That is a huge energy suck.”
Oliver: “This is all fascinating. How do we find Simmons?”
Ray: “Light bulb, literally. I - no, actually, figuratively. (Chuckles) Uh, just before Simmons beat me, I blasted him with my compressed light beams, and he thanked me for topping him off.”
Felicity: “He absorbs energy and turns it into weaponized plasma.”
Ray: “And if we can manually get into the city's power grid, we might be able to track where he's getting his extra juice.”
Thea (entering): “Ollie!”
Oliver: “What's going on?”
Thea: “It's Roy! He was attacked by a bunch of inmates. He's fine, but there's hundreds of them in there!”
Oliver: “I'm going to break him out.”
Diggle: “Oliver. You can end up in a cell right next to him.”
Oliver: “John, if you know what's good for you, you'll get out of my way.”
Diggle: “Oliver, if you know what's good for you - and for Roy - you're going to need to stay put.”
Oliver: “I can't do that.”
Diggle: “Oliver, listen –“ 
Oliver: “Get your hands off of me!”
Diggle: “Listen, I know what you're going through, man! You have to rely on Palmer to take care of this meta while Roy sits in a prison. But listen to me, man – you have to throttle this back, Oliver. You have to. Before you lose everything.”
Oliver: “I've already lost everything. I'm not going to lose Roy.”

319 (Broken Arrow) - Felicity tells Oliver that she knows who he is and that's a man who she believes in:
Felicity: "Oliver!"
Oliver: "I can't believe that you and Diggle were okay with sitting on your hands while Roy fights off all of Iron Heights!”
Felicity: “It is not that simple!”
Oliver: “No, Felicity. If anything was ever simple, it's this.”
Felicity: “Then what? You're going to jail, too?”
Oliver: “I can't just do nothing.” 
Felicity: "I think John's right. I think you're struggling with doing nothing, With Roy, with Ray. But right now, you need people to help you. You need to let them. Maybe… there is something more going on with you than just what's happening with Roy and this metahuman. You have sacrificed everything to be the Arrow. Even you and me. But… whether or not you break Roy out of Iron Heights, there is no more Arrow. Ra's took that from you.”
Oliver: "I was told once that a man cannot live by two names. Well, right now, I can't live by either. So I don't know who I am.” 
Felicity: "I know who you are. Whether you're in a - in a suit or under a hood, you're the man that I - you're the man that I believe in… (Phone beeps) Uh, Ray finished the transponder. I have to upload it to a power source and, uh, hopefully it'll bring us right to Simmons.”
Oliver: “I'll go with you.”
Felicity: “It is adorable how you keep forgetting that Lance is after you, but, uh, it's a quick errand, and you need practice in letting people help you.”

319 (Broken Arrow) – Felicity goes to a power station to hack into the city’s power grid and encounters Jake Simmons:
Simmons: "I'm sorry, miss, but I don't think you're supposed to be here."
Felicity: “I'm supposed to access your grid for the city. Think you can help?” Simmons: “Sure. It's this way.”
Felicity: “Thank you. So, uh, what's with the sunglasses, man? We're indoors and it's, well, night. Do you have a sensitivity to the –“
Simmons: “To light? No. I love the light.”

319 (Broken Arrow) - Oliver controls Ray in his Atom suit to rescue Felicity from Jake Simmons:
Oliver: "Do you think the plan to find Simmons will work?"
Ray: "Well, it's Felicity’s, so, yes. Heh. Except the tracking firmware seems to be malfunctioning.”
Oliver: “What?”
Ray: “It's not a malfunction. It's Simmons. He's drawing energy directly from a power station.”
Diggle: “Which one?”
Ray: “The one Felicity just went to. (Calls Felicity’s cell phone) Come on, Felicity, pick up."
Simmons (on phone): "I'm sorry, but the blonde can't come to the phone at the moment."
Ray: "I swear to God, if you hurt her -"
Simmons (on phone): "You'll what - fly away again? I am talking to the man in the suit, right? The one who thinks a piece of scrap metal makes him some kind of hero? It doesn't. (Turns to Felicity) I am sorry for the interruption. Where were we?"
Felicity (choking): "Waiting for you to come closer." (Turns on gas mains to spray gas over Simmons, while she runs away)
Diggle: "Oliver, you can't go out there."
Oliver: "It's Felicity!"
Ray: "Oliver, you won't make it in time. Power station is still eight minutes away going 60 on the Ducati. But the Atom? Well, the Atom can fly.” 
Oliver: "You need more than your tech this time!"
Ray: "You're right. My tech needs your instinct. Maybe there's a way we can get him."
(Cut to Ray as Atom flying to power station.)
Ray (over comms): “Okay, I'm entering the power station now. Activate the link. (Beeps) It's working! Oh, I'm just a passenger now. Ooh. Let's get this guy.”
(Cut to Simmons catching up to Felicity and choking her.)
Simmon: “Sorry. But I have to kill you now.”
Ray: “No, and you're going to leave her the hell alone. (To Oliver over comms) Kick his ass.”
(Ray blasts Simmons and goes over to Felicity.)
Ray: “You okay? You got to get out of here!”
Felicity: “No! I'm not going to leave you here alone.”
Oliver (over comms): “Ray, get her out of there!”
Ray: “I'm not alone. But I can't fight him and worry about you. Now, go, Felicity!”
Felicity: “No!”
Ray: “Felicity, go! Get out of here! (She leaves) (To Oliver over comms) I'm really hoping you played video games as a kid.”
Oliver (over comms): “I'm trying to concentrate.”
Ray (over comms): “Sorry, sorry, it's just, I'm trusting you with my –“ 
(Oliver controls the Atom suit to have Ray turn and punch Simmons, and they punch back and forth.)
Oliver (over comms): “Ray, can you take this beating? I can pull you back.”
Ray (over comms): “I'm fine. Get this bastard!”
Oliver (over comms): “Ray, I've lost control.”
Ray (over comms): “The transmitter's been severed.”
Oliver (over comms): “Get up. Get up, Ray! Fight back, Ray, fight back! Ray!”
Ray (over comms): “He's too strong!”
Oliver (over comms): “This is not about strength. This is about heart. When the mayor was killed, you put yourself in harm's way to save Felicity. Normal people, they don't do that. Heroes do that. Fight back! Come on, Ray! Take him out, Ray.”
(Ray defeats Simmons, and Felicity returns and hugs him. He groans.)
Felicity: “Oh, I'm sorry, sorry!”
Ray: “No, it was totally worth it.”
Felicity: “Are you okay? I was so worried.”
Ray: “I'm fine. Everything's okay now.”

319 (Broken Arrow) – Diggle, Felicity and Roy reveal to Oliver that they faked Roy's death without his knowledge in order to save him:
(Oliver is looking at the broken clutter in the Arrowcave when Diggle and Felicity enter.)
Oliver: "I shouldn’t have listened to either of you. I might not have been able to save Roy, but I'd feel better right now if I tried."
Diggle: "We know that, Oliver. We also know you may never forgive us."
Oliver: "I make my own choices, John. I made this one."
Felicity: "He doesn't mean forgive us for that. He means forgive us for this." 
(An alive Roy enters the Arrowcave.)
Oliver: How?"
Roy: "Don't be mad at them. This was my idea." 
(Cut to flashback scene)
Roy: "If any one of us were in there and Oliver was here, he would think of something."
Felicity: "You're right."
Roy: "If one of us deserves to go to prison, it's me."
Felicity: "Roy, we can't allow you to do that."
Diggle: "There's no way in hell Oliver's going along with it."
Roy: "That's why you're not going to tell him."
(End flashback scene)
Oliver: "You could have gotten yourself killed for real."
Roy: "I figured that I could hold off until Dig's guys got into position."
Diggle: "One of Lyla's contacts, an A.R.G.U.S. freelancer. Has a special talent for knifing people in just the right way. Leaves a convincing amount of blood without the kill. He laces the blade with a beta blocker, crawl the heartbeat. Gives the illusion of death."
Felicity: "Everyone thinks the Arrow is dead. Which means Oliver Queen is innocent."
Oliver: "You did all this without asking."
Roy: "How many times have you saved one of us without asking? This time we had to save you."
Oliver: "If everyone thinks you're dead, then what happens to Roy Harper?"
(Cut to nighttime goodbye scene)
Roy: "Tell Thea, well, tell her I'm alive, first. Then tell her that I'm sorry I had to leave without saying good-bye."
Oliver: "I feel like you're throwing your life away."
Roy: "I'm not. I'm starting a new one." 
Diggle: "Anywhere, any time. You need something, you call me. Take care of yourself, Roy."
Felicity: "I'll miss you most of all, Scarecrow. Just be ready to get a million calls on that untraceable satellite phone I stuffed in your bag."
Roy: "Thank you."
Oliver: "Thank you."
(Roy drives away.)
Felicity: "So, on a scale of one to ten, how… mad at us are you?" 
Oliver: "I need to learn to let people help me.”
Felicity: “Yeah. You could use some practice in that. I just think sometimes you're so focused on people you love, you forget to see that there are people who love you."
(Cut to Ray Palmer waiting by his car, looking over at them.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1