Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E07: The Line Will Be Drawn Tonight

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

It doesn't surprise me Mike had never heard the 'murica' thing.  I've never heard it anywhere but here.  Most people are more pc these days than to openly ridicule everyone with a southern accent, as if they're all dumbasses.  And it's just not that funny.  

(edited)

Do we really think Mike has never heard of the whole 'Murica' thing? I thought that was specifically why he was drawn to that name I didn't realize that none of them had heard of it. That surprises me.

Really it's such a dumb tribe name, but Mike's enthusiasm about it was pretty cute, and I don't like Mike at all.

Most people are more pc these days than to openly ridicule everyone with a southern accent, as if they're all dumbasses.

I think most people are less PC these days, particularly on this show, what with all the sexist garbage flowing from the mouths of a good portion of every cast.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9

Do we really think Mike has never heard of the whole 'Murica' thing? I thought that was specifically why he was drawn to that name I didn't realize that none of them had heard of it. That surprises me.

Since Mike's a Texan and he himself talks pretty funny, I assume he hasn't heard it because it's insulting, which didn't seem to be what he loved about it.  

I'm not sure if the insult part of it is why Shirin hates it, or because it's a misspelled, patriotic sounding term, either of which would bug me on their own terms.  

(edited)

Since Mike's a Texan and he himself talks pretty funny, I assume he hasn't heard it because it's insulting, which didn't seem to be what he loved about it. 

I just would think Mike as a Texan who talks pretty funny and is religious and most likely conservative, probably would have heard of it. But, yea, his enthusiasm for it probably means he never has.

I'd be surprised if none of them had heard of it though. Very surprised. And I imagine Shirin certainly has and that's part of why she hated it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

I am willing to believe it happened but just wasn't shown. It's abundantly clear from the eps, the extra vids, and Kelly's exit interviews that she was 100% with Mike.

I would have thought she'd tell him as well, but it turns out she didn't.

I did not tell Mike about Rodney’s alliance because I knew that if I told Mike that possibly he would want to get rid of Rodney at that point. I just kept that in my back pocket. Once I had made it closer I would have told him ‘Hey, this is what is going on.

In her back pocket. With her brain, I guess. Stop sitting on your brain, Kelly, you're smothering it.

• Love 4

I'm surprised she didn't tell him immediately, but that quote still says she was with 100% Mike and would eventually tell him. What a dumb, terrible player she turned out to be and yet she really was a good choice for NC+Shirin to get rid of.

• Love 6

I have a feeling that the No Collars are being edited as the "lovable" underdogs that are still doomed, ala the Brains from last year (Will is kinda the Kass of the tribe).  They're not so lovable in my eyes but I don't dislike them much either.  I can see them getting much further than they really should, just like the Brains did, but it's hard to see one of them winning now, especially since they're so hell-bent on getting Joe out.  But you never know!

I'm skeptical that they're gonna re-hide Jenn's idol, since Carolyn still has hers and the Blue tribe's idol hasn't been found yet.  Typically after the merge, they don't rehide idols until there's only one left. Malcolm's second idol was a notable exception, as was last spring's "Tyler Perry Idol", and I think Fiji was also an exception. But I think in all those cases there was only one idol still in the game when they hid the second one.  So I think Jenn's will be gone.

• Love 1

As I understand the idol distribution. Normally there is one per beach for each tribe when the game starts. So this season there were three idols. Two were found and in play because they were found.

When the tribes swapped and went from three to two, the unfound third idol at the BC was removed from play. At this point there are two idols in play and remain valid.

When the tribes merged an immunity idol is hidden for the merged tribe. If it had been found before Jenn played her idol there would have been three valid idols.

The will not rehide Jenn's pre-merge idol. There should already be a merge idol hidden. There is one idol in play at the moment, Carolyn's. There is one idol hidden. So there can be two idols in play at this time.

Once Carolyn plays her idol, it will go away and not be rehidden.

• Love 5

Hera, I agree Rodney isn't playing the game that badly.  He seems to grasp the need for numbers and hung on with Blue Collar as well he should.  And I had forgotten his part in "reeling in" Tyler/Carolyn what to speak of Will.  But his social game leaves a lot to be desired and he can't always control his emotions.  It's like for every step forward he takes a step backward.

Definitely. I don't think Rodney's a Survivor genius (or any other kind of genius, for that matter), but on paper, his plans are solid. He just can't get them off the ground.

As for idols, I would also be surprised if Jenn's were rehidden. My guess is the same as @Lingo's: the Blue Collar idol is still out there, waiting to be found, since that's what happened last season. Natalie found the idol that had been intended for the pre-merge tribe that she hadn't been on based on clues from Exile Island that she and Baylor had from earlier in the game. They don't tend to rehide idols after the merge if there is at least one other idol still in play. Besides, if I'm correct in my assumption that the Blue Collar idol is still hidden, then what would be the point in hiding another idol?

On the other hand, @ProfCrash might be correct that the Blue Collar idol is gone, but an idol for the merged tribe has been hidden. In the end, it amounts to the same thing. If another idol (or idol clue) is found before Carolyn plays hers (or is voted out with the idol in her pocket), we aren't going to have any real way of knowing if it's the same idol that was intended for the original Escameca tribe or if it's a new idol for the merged tribe. Similarly, if Carolyn's idol goes out of play before any other idols or clues are found, we'll have no way of knowing if any subsequent idols or clues are for "Carolyn's" rehidden idol or for a different idol that was out there all along.

No, I think they went with BC because there are a lot of fractures there. Jenn, Joe, and Hali are a tight three. You're not going to break them up.

That seems like poor thinking to me, though, especially for Carolyn with an HII in her pocket. All it takes to break up a tight three is one immunity comp or skilled HII idol play. As it is, Carolyn/Tyler have to rely on players they don't really know well and dynamics they may not be reading right. Even if Blue hates each other, that doesn't mean that they don't hate the uncertainty of being fractured more. It's easy and safe for Sierra and Rodney to stick with Blue. There are enough fractures that certainly things may go the way Carolyn/Tyler hope, but it seems like they'd be starting off in a better position with Jenn/Joe/Hali.

Will seems the one in the most interesting position to me because he's in the Sandra seat of being able to go Anyone But Me. He's not tightly allied to anyone and hasn't ever been. He's also an unlike immunity challenge winner. So he could end up being chosen as an easy, safe boot for everyone a la Christie, but more likely, he'll be overlooked as a target and can float from group to group as he thinks is best for him.

• Love 3

Why is it bad play? Jenn said it herself, she would use the idol if she had to but it is better to have the idol with five left then use it earlier. Obviously she was right to use the idol but if Carolyn and Tyler can get to five without using the idol, they are in a good place.

It is not just Jenn, Hali, and Jow but Jenn, Hali, Joe, and Shirin. Shirin might have annoyed them but I see the No Collars as being more interested in being honest in their alliance then other groups. No real reason, it is just the vibe that I get. They know that they are in a tough spot now. The four of them stuck together and will have to stick together to go any where in the game. I just don't see room to move there.

Blue Color has all sorts of fractures which can be exploited later. Carolyn and Tyler can use the BC to help take out a tight three/four. They have a shield since they know that the NC are going to be targeting BC. This means that Carolyn doesn't have to use the idol for a while and let the BC and NC go after each other. Once NC has been taken out, Carolyn and Tyler can work with Will and Sierra to take out Rodney and Dan. That leaves Mike. And Carolyn should be able to hold on to the idol the entire time.

Sierra is going to have to do something to make people contemplate voting for her if she makes it to the final vote. Staying strong with Blue Color is not going to earn her votes. Saying that she worked with BC until she had the numbers to take out the people on BC who annoyed her might get her votes.

• Love 5

I have a feeling that the No Collars are being edited as the "lovable" underdogs that are still doomed, ala the Brains from last year (Will is kinda the Kass of the tribe).  They're not so lovable in my eyes but I don't dislike them much either.  I can see them getting much further than they really should, just like the Brains did, but it's hard to see one of them winning now, especially since they're so hell-bent on getting Joe out.  But you never know!

This makes total sense, and yet I never felt the Brains had any chance of winning.  This season will be a real test of my gut instincts.  If Mike turns out to be the Tony to Jenn's Spencer, I'll be very disappointed, not only in the outcome but also in my own intuition.

• Love 8

So tribe names in other countries would be like

Rance
Outh frican
Razzilian

Is there a Survivor Spain?  Tribe name "Pain"! 

I will say this, it's the first tribe name I've ever remembered for more than like...2 seconds

Kelly's interviews say she didn't KNOW, but felt sure that Carolyn was going to go with BC.  Oddly no one mentions Tyler, at
Least not more than in passing.  This guy is getting a ghost edit.  The mentions all do seem to revolve around "he is smart". 
His jumping off the pole first leads me to think that he felt he wasn't going to win so why expend himself needlessly,
he felt pretty safe, and I think he had already picked sides. 

Unless there is a good reason; potential future allies, goats etc. I think you always vote the biggest threat first.  I don't see Kelly as a goat or a big threat.  I think BC would do fine without her despite her being a social smoother.  Don't understand that vote despite all the discussion here and think it was a misfire on Jenn's part.  Kelly said she didn't like the NC's but even when Rob C asked her why I'm not sure I really understood the answer. 

So the alliance of Kelly, Carolyn, Will and Rodney will now substitute Tyler for Kelly maybe?

• Love 1

MURCA!!!! FUCK YEAH!!!!!  No dirty FURNERS here!  Now where my Ram Pickup Truck?  To quote Rodney, that's fugazzi  patriotism.

Rodney, no self-respecting Masshole would ever use the Bulls or the Lakers as a favorable frame of reference.  Poseur!

I have to side with Tyler and Carolyn going with BC as being a bad move, even if there are more cracks to exploit there.  Either way they'd be latching on as the bottom two in a larger alliance.  Going with BC theoretically gets them safely to F6-7.  Going with NC get them theoretically safely to F4-5 or F5-6.  That lets Carolyn hold onto her HII at least one week longer.  And if there really are so many cracks on BC, they're still going to be there later when Tyler and Carolyn will need to pull someone in to get numbers over Joe/Hali/Jenn.

• Love 5
And if there really are so many cracks on BC, they're still going to be there later when Tyler and Carolyn will need to pull someone in to get numbers over Joe/Hali/Jenn.

Also, in general with Survivor, it's better to be needed for numbers than to gamble on a future fracture making you needed for numbers. At 5 members, BC didn't need Carolyn/Tyler; Jenn/Joe/Hali/Shirin did. Going forward, Carolyn/Tyler have to pull in Will and Sierra to take out Rodney/Dan/Mike, but they don't actually have an alliance with them. Will/Sierra may stick with the people they've been playing with, especially as it gets nearer to the point where you want someone unlikable sitting next to you (remember Sandra's indecisiveness about whether she really wanted Russell gone because she recognized he would never beat her at the end). Or Dan/Mike/Sierra/Rodney could decide to take out two NCs and then blindside one of Carolyn/Tyler (possibly even behind Rodney's back to limit his options for defecting). What will happen if BC is able to take out Jenn/Hali/Shirin but then Joe gets immunity when it would have been his time to go? Will Carolyn/Tyler be able to pull in people and control who goes or will BC break up Carolyn/Tyler as a more dangerous pairing?

In BC, their votes are wanted, but not needed, and that's just a less stable position to be in.

• Love 6

When they came up with that Merica thing, I added that to the list of reasons I could never go on this show (a very long list, but living with morons for a month is way up there).

What I miss from the early seasons is the actual "Survivor" aspect of the show. Living in a dangerous environment, being terrified of animals and bugs in the night...the genuinely scary aspect of being in a harsh environment while still attempting to do challenges and run a social game. Jellyfish stings? Hell, they could save a lot of money and just film it on the Jersey Shore. 

• Love 6

I LOVE Jenn. One of my favorite reality-TV contestants, as I feel like we could be friends in real life. Her natural sense of humor comes through well on TV. My favorite part of the episode (besides BC getting blindsided) was when Jenn (or Hali?) asked Joe, "Is Rodney smart?" Just the expression on Joe's face as he said, "What do you think?" BWAH!

• Love 12

This makes total sense, and yet I never felt the Brains had any chance of winning.  This season will be a real test of my gut instincts.  If Mike turns out to be the Tony to Jenn's Spencer, I'll be very disappointed, not only in the outcome but also in my own intuition.

I never felt the Brains could win either. I liken the edit the NC+Shirin are getting to the one the Aitu 4 got more so than the ones the Brains got. But I also think there's a strong chance Mike could be the Tony to Jenn's Spencer. I think it could go either way. Also I weirdly sometimes think Shirin might be the winner, even though it seems impossible really.

Maybe her edit is more "will be coming back next season."

But after last season I don't know what to think about the edits anymore.

(edited)

Like many others here, I cringe at the team name.  However, I did think that they did a nice job decorating the flag/banner thingy. 

Edited by BetyBee
  • Love 4

With all the focus on Rodney's plans, Rodney's feelings, Rodney Rodney Rodney the last couple of episodes, I'm more than a little worried that somehow he'll pull out the win!  It seems really unlikely -- he seems like a good goat to take actually -- but maybe if he got to the end with two people perceived as floaters (Will and ??) and argued forcefully that it was all his doing, then I dunno, maybe he'd get enough Blue votes to pull it out somehow.

I hope that the uneven WC/BC alliance and Rodney sub alliance means there is lots more alliance flipping and changing.  I find that adds excitement and interest rather than, everyone is firm, we all know who is n the bottom and its all just down to any immunity idols and who wins individual immunity  to determine which of the two alliance bottoms go home. 

• Love 5

With all the focus on Rodney's plans, Rodney's feelings, Rodney Rodney Rodney the last couple of episodes, I'm more than a little worried that somehow he'll pull out the win!  It seems really unlikely -- he seems like a good goat to take actually -- but maybe if he got to the end with two people perceived as floaters (Will and ??) and argued forcefully that it was all his doing, then I dunno, maybe he'd get enough Blue votes to pull it out somehow.

So far, I'm not seeing the right earmarks for a Rodney win. Too stupid or too lazy to look for a HII. Not a tremendous standout in challenges. And he's been a top-dog this entire time so far. I haven't seen the type of brilliant, eleventh hour strategy that is born out of sheer desperation. He has never had to scramble. I agree he does bear the earmarks of a decent goat, though.

• Love 4

(Commenting while watching the episode)

Rodney saying that all this bromance thing was an act from his part? No it wasn't you fool. It was a "playing both sides" thing from your part that backfired in your face and now you are pissed. YOu tried to be the smartest, well guess what, someone was smarter than you dude. Chill, go with the flow and stop acting like a 5 years old kid that didn't win in a game, making yourself the target.

After the merge a possible and obvious solution is former white and no collar tribes get together and vote the former blue collars out one by one. This would be so easy to be honest and I doubt Carolyn and Shirin will unite for this. Another possible outcome would be if Tyler and Carolyn united with the 5 blue collars and pick the no collars and Shirin one by one. That plan would be distracted by Jenn's HII of course. But either way, things seem boring cause 5 people will be the obvious and expected targets to be voted out one by one. Not interesting. Lets see how it goes.

Carolyn immitating Rodney was hillarious. :P

Wait, Shirin was walking with her butt uncovered but she is now embarassed by the tribe's new name? What???

Did Rodney say to Mike "this is the make up sex brother"? What is WRONG with this dude?

When Jeff asked Jenn where she was bitten and she said "where I got my hand Jeff" I cried out of laughter, it was maybe the best line I've heard in Survivor history.

Rodney saying "let go, let go" about Joe being on the pole in front of Will and Hali? I know he is dumb but dude, you are not safe in this game and exposing your alliance's plans like this is not only stupid but weird as well.

The good thing about Carolyn and Tyler being the minority is that they get to decide what alliance they follow and determine how the game will end. The bad thing is they are only number 6 and 7 in a seven people alliance at the end of the day. That's why I was saying that Carolyn should have kicked Kelly out and kept the white collar numbers when she had the chance. Instead she voted Max out due to emotiona reasons and she will regret it in time.

So Will actually voted with the blue collars? I mean, what is he thinking? He will be the last in any alliance that will be made, while he could be 4th in a seven people alliance. Have these people ever watched this game? Have they ever done mathematics at school?

Tyler and Carolyn decided to go with the blue tribe. I don't know if it's a smart move or not yet, logic sas that Joe, Jenn and Hali are the youngest so they will be better competitors in challenges than old Dan, stupid Rodney and Mike who can't keep his mouth shut. While Jenn playing her idol was a good move, it doesn't really mean anything when even one person of their alliance (Will) has already turned on them. I think it was the last move of the fish before it's dead.

Poor Kelly, she had no chance on winning whatsoever plus she gets a permanent mark from that stupid challenge as well. Well at least she'll be in the jury and have some nice vacation there until the final tribal council.

• Love 1

Well at least she'll be in the jury and have some nice vacation there until the final tribal council.

I don't think she made the jury. Jeff typically says "and first member of the jury" when revealing the votes when it gets down to that point and he didn't. I think the jury starts this week.

• Love 2

I recall Survivor having the jury start at 12 from the Samoa through the One World era, even in seasons with only 18 players. Does anybody know why the jury now starts at 11, beginning with the Philippines?

The part where Mike's plan failed is that they didn't have a contingency plan for 1) if Will told No Collar that Hali was getting voted out, and 2) what if someone had an Idol, and 3) who would it be played for.  In the end, the only thing on Mike's mind was "let's see if Will is loyal".  He didn't work out the steps far enough in advance.  He wouldn't be a good chess player.

Someone upthread (can't find the post now) remarked that Jenn's HII wiping out 7 votes might be some kind of record.  

I'm not sure if it is or not, but it certainly is unusual.  And the reason it's unusual, IMO, is that players have become so risk averse to HIIs that whenever there's even the remotest possibility of one being held by a majority alliance's target they do everything they can to engineer a split vote.

That's why I agree with blackwing about Mike.  I think Mike has demonstrated that he has a pretty good head for the game.  But I think he just dropped the ball here.  If he really was getting the WCs and Will, he had sufficient numbers to split the vote.  In fact, he could've had the WCs and Will both vote for Hali.  That way none of them would have a sense for their relative place in the pecking order.  Now, Will knows that Mike felt he had to test his loyalty, but not the WCs.  

And, as blackwing notes, if the WCs and Will weren't going to be loyal, the BCs were screwed at this TC anyway. 

• Love 3

Someone upthread (can't find the post now) remarked that Jenn's HII wiping out 7 votes might be some kind of record.

It TIES the record.

In S19, Russell's HII wiped out 7 votes and booted off another Kelly.

• Love 5

It TIES the record.

In S19, Russell's HII wiped out 7 votes and booted off another Kelly.

With the exception of the original Kelly, it seems to be a curse to come on the show with that name anymore.

• Love 2

Which is stronger, the Car Curse, or the Wigelsworth Curse?

Clearly the latter, as Survivor hasn't had a Car reward since Fiji, way back in season 14 (oh my god, that was 8 years ago in early 2007!), yet as recently as this season we're still seeing Kellys show up and cover themselves in whatever the opposite of glory is. :)

• Love 4
(edited)

On a purely shallow note...I haven't really found Joe that attractive before. He's ok looking, but a bit bland. But, D-A-M-N, did he look smoking hot at TC!

I hope he, Jenn, Hali, and Shirin can make it to the end.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 4
(edited)

What I miss from the early seasons is the actual "Survivor" aspect of the show. Living in a dangerous environment, being terrified of animals and bugs in the night...the genuinely scary aspect of being in a harsh environment while still attempting to do challenges and run a social game. Jellyfish stings? Hell, they could save a lot of money and just film it on the Jersey Shore. 

That's what drew me in so many years ago.  The backstabbing is still fun, but I miss the old hardships.  

The empty post-merge camp was a nice throwback, but nobody seems to be starving.  

Except maybe Dan.  lol

ETA: They seemed to throw a new shelter together pretty quickly.  Even without Home Depot.

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 4
(edited)

(Commenting while watching the episode)

Rodney saying that all this bromance thing was an act from his part? No it wasn't you fool. It was a "playing both sides" thing from your part that backfired in your face and now you are pissed. YOu tried to be the smartest, well guess what, someone was smarter than you dude. Chill, go with the flow and stop acting like a 5 years old kid that didn't win in a game, making yourself the target.

I'm sure that Rodney is used to someone being smarter than him. I doubt he'll stop acting like a 5 year old.

Edited by Jersey Guy 87
  • Love 4

I'm sure that Rodney is used to someone being smart than him. I doubt he'll stop acting like a 5 year old.

The worst kind of dumb people are the ones who in their minds are brilliant and have it all solved. That's how Rodney is. In his mind his nice plans don't work cause someone else is considered stupid by him, not cause he considers himself stupid.

• Love 5

Rodney is a Neanderthal and does not necessarily portray himself as the most sophisticated individual but he is doing an OK job playing the game. He is trying to find people to work with that he is comfortable with. He is in a power alliance.

His social game is crap but he does not realize that because, well, he is a Neanderthal and not the worlds most sophisticated person. He spends most of his time looking to hang out with people like Joaquin who like to party and are "bros" so he is used to people who think that it is strange to not drink and have sex and who talk about women in stupid ways. As such he thinks he is simply being real and people are put off by that. So that is a major problem for his game but one he didn't get then and some of his twitter replies give the appearance that he doesn't get it now.

Outside of that, he is looking for a good alliance with people he trusts. He seems to have an idea about who to trust, Kelly did not tell Mike about the final four pact. It does not appear that Will, Tyler or Caroline said anything to Mike. Such an alliance is a good idea and might put him in a better place then he would be in the Blue Collar alliance. I am not certain in Rodney would have been in the fifth or fourth position in the BC alliance.

I won't call him stupid because I don't know that he is. To me, he demonstrates that he is poorly educated and has misplaced priorities. I wouldn't want to be in the same room as him for any period of time. But he seems to understand the strategic element of the game and is trying to make moves. He is not doing a great job of it but Sandra failed to convince her friends on the Heros that Russell was a troll and they should not believe a word of what he said and I don't think anyone would say she is stupid. Her plans failed but that was due to Rupert and others being idiots. Rodney's plans are failing because Mike saw through the Joaquin alliance and Jenn played an idol that no one thought she had.

• Love 5

Exactly, @ProfCrash. I think Rodney's instincts are solid, it's his execution that's lacking. As for the Joaquin vote, I can't really blame him for getting blindsided by that. I don't think anyone benefited from that vote except Joe, who was in neither Rodney's nor Mike's alliance(s) and who became the target for the very next vote (and then thwarted them by winning immunity, which was always one of the risks of keeping him in). Don't get me wrong, what Mike, Sierra, and Dan did has provided vastly more entertainment to me than voting out Joe would have, but I still think they acted against their own best interests there, and it's hard to anticipate what people will do once you relax the assumption that they'll do what's best for themselves.

• Love 4

I think the Joaquin vote was solid. Joaquin was clearly in tight with Rodney. Rodney was not going to stay true to his Blue Collar alliance because he was sucked into Joaquin. On top of that, there were the same number of White Collar folks then No Collars at that time. Joaquin, Tyler, Carloyn and Shirin vs Jenn, Halli, Will, and Joe. I don't think that they had the slightest clue that Shirin was on the outs with the White Collars. There was no real way to read the Max vote because the White Collars and No Collars had the same number of players.

I would guess that the Blue Collars probably assumed that the White Collars would be more strategic players and that Joaquin was more of a physical threat. So cut the strategic White Collar numbers, remove a physical threat, and neutralize a Rodney defection.

Because, let's face it, outside of Joaquin who is going to ally with Rodney? Rodney's bond was with Joaquin, not Tyler. Rodney is going to piss off all the remaining women in about 30 minutes, which negates alliance possibilities with the No Collars and Shirin and Carolyn on the White Collars. This means that Rodney is going to be forced to work with the Blue Collars even if he is pissed.

So I get the Joaquin vote.

I suppose it doesn't hurt that I strongly disliked Joaquin and Rodney so I was fine with the vote as a viewer. I don't like to see massive douchebags advance in the game. Joe seems like a decent guy.

• Love 1
(edited)

It will be funny though if Joe goes on an insane Immunity run where they can't get rid of him, after blowing their previous chance to. Rodney will probably gloat about how they should have done things his way.

I would love nothing more, when Rodney and all the blues are on the jury (which is what I'm hoping happens), and Joe's sitting there in the final 3, for him to just stand, point, and say to his former tribe 'told you so.'  Since Rodney is more comic relief at this point, it's funny to me that he fancies himself some key strategist and manipulator, yet he's essentially the opposite and doesn't even realize it.

In one of Jenn's videos online this week, she said she knew that she was never going to beat Joe in that challenge.  She felt she could outlast Carolyn (is everyone suddenly calling her Mama C?) but she said she saw something in Joe that made her realize she would be there all night if she didn't drop.  Joe was getting voted off and she mentioned that that brings something out in you when you know you have to fight that much more.  Despite the bromance, it might have been worth it bringing Joaquin into the merge and then breaking it up.  I think they would have likely had no problem doing that post-merge as they might getting rid of Joe.  As a Joe fan, I'm glad it didn't work out that way, but it again goes back to me thinking they take their blue collar loyalty a little too seriously.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

I'm surprised that Sierra slipped in the challenge so early.

Only thing I could think of was that Sierra, who appears pretty long and lean, simply couldn't get her balance at the start and just tumbled off.

So we'd have Jen as the new Spencer, Joe as the new Tasha? Not bad. Although that doesn't bode well for Hali...

Does anybody else hear the song from Team America:  World Police when they hear the new tribe name?

That tribe would have gotten a ton of props if the tribe name was along those lines. Definitely going to hum the theme song every time I hear someone mention the tribe name going forward.

Merica, Lol, God bless them. 

Lord.  So stupid (as is idiots going on about how The Constitution is the religion of 'Merica, or whatever that shit of Dumb Legal Bunny Hali actually was).

Also was hilarious to see the two big fat useless guys fall off the challenge posts in like... seconds.

• Love 1

Lord.  So stupid (as is idiots going on about how The Constitution is the religion of 'Merica, or whatever that shit of Dumb Legal Bunny Hali actually was).

Also was hilarious to see the two big fat useless guys fall off the challenge posts in like... seconds.

Yeah.  Where I am, 'Merica, or 'Murca  is used to mock red-necks, bigots, and tea partiers.    My son and his friends  (in their 20's) use the term all the time to refer to people defending stupidity.  

And Hali is not going to be a criminal defense lawyer.   if she ever makes it out of law school, she's going to be one of those lawyers who spends all day going over contracts and wills.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 1

Yeah.  Where I am, 'Merica, or 'Murca  is used to mock red-necks, bigots, and tea partiers.    My son and his friends  (in their 20's) use the term all the time to refer to people defending stupidity.  

And Hali is not going to be a criminal defense lawyer.   if she ever makes it out of law school, she's going to be one of those lawyers who spends all day going over contracts and wills.  

Lol. When she was talking about how the constitution is the greatest blueprint for government that was ever devised did she not realize that there is no equal rights amendment? 

Edited by wudpixie
  • Love 1

That's what drew me in so many years ago.  The backstabbing is still fun, but I miss the old hardships.  

The empty post-merge camp was a nice throwback, but nobody seems to be starving.  

Except maybe Dan.  lol

ETA: They seemed to throw a new shelter together pretty quickly.  Even without Home Depot.

Yeah, I have been saying this for years.  I miss the starving and falling face first into the reward challenge then suffering from gastric distress.    The food auctions suffer, too.  They wait for the advantage and pass up ribs, for cryin' out loud. I think a medical professional put a halt to the extreme rations.  Australia was the epitome of starvation and I loved it.  It began to change after that, a little. Now it is really bad.  Hali only lost 5 pounds!   I can lose 5 pounds eating more than I think they eat.  Now I am not sure.  I have wondered if they give them protein bars everyday.  

• Love 1

Lol. When she was talking about how the constitution is the greatest blueprint for government that was ever devised did she not realize that it was no equal rights amendment? 

Well it was only a blueprint! :)

• Love 2