Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

The man shouldn't be around people.

I'll advocate for animals and say they too should be excluded from his toxicity.  Let's volunteer him to Richard Branson or Elon Musk or whoever wants to be the first to put a man on Mars.  I say let's send TRav!

• Love 4
On 1/31/2019 at 10:52 PM, Major Bigtime said:

Maybe.  Maybe not.  This is a horrible decision by the police.  She said she was drugged.  Of course there will be inconsistencies. This is exactly why so many women are hesitant to report sexual assault. 

I am glad she is fighting the charges. 

• Love 9

I should have phrased it better. And I agree, women get drugged and cannot remember. Problem for her is that she didn’t report it for a week, didn’t go to get drug tested or undergo any type of medical examination. She has nothing to prove she was raped or drugged. No photos of injuries or bruises either.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

I should have phrased it better. And I agree, women get drugged and cannot remember. Problem for her is that she didn’t report it for a week, didn’t go to get drug tested or undergo any type of medical examination. She has nothing to prove she was raped or drugged. No photos of injuries or bruises either.

But waiting to report or failing to get a medical examination isn't atypical. It happens a lot and victims might reasonably delay to get their bearings or until they're safe. Sometimes they feel badly about the experience, but lack the words or support to understand that it was a sexual assault. 

Adrienne Gang, from Below Deck, is one of the few high profile examples that I can think of where she was very quick to get tested. Luckily she wasn't sexually assaulted. But after Adrienne was roofied and then arrested by the police for her "drunken" assault of a cab driver (which the police never tested her for any substance), Adrienne went straight to a testing facility after being bailed out. She had to pay for her own tests. She had to track down the cab driver and the credit card used to pay for her ride because it wasn't hers. She's had to question the bartenders where she was roofied. And the only thing that ever came of that was the charges against her being dropped. She did all of the leg work. Police never seemed to continue with her investigation despite her case indicating that there was likely a serial rapist in the area. Adrienne has since channelled her energy into outreach and advocacy.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/below-deck-star-adrienne-gang-is-your-drink-spiked/2139948

Not only is there a backlog of over 800 untested rape kits in South Carolina, who is to even say that the police in Charleston actually know how to speak to rape victims. There's some evidence suggesting that they don't.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2018/11/investigates/police-destroyed-rapekits/index.html

The fact that the accuser is being charged with making a false police report is bullshit. They rarely do that. They didn't even do that for the Duke Lacrosse case. Typically, they just drop the charges. They do this because, as the accuser's attorney said, it really does have a chilling effect on reporting all crimes to the police not just rapes. This whole prosecuting the accuser just smacks of Elizabeth's family putting pressure on the police to punish the accuser because they're afraid if how this might reflect on Elizabeth's kids with J.D.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 18
On 2/3/2019 at 3:35 AM, HunterHunted said:

The fact that the accuser is being charged with making a false police report is bullshit. They rarely do that. They didn't even do that for the Duke Lacrosse case. Typically, they just drop the charges. They do this because, as the accuser's attorney said, it really does have a chilling effect on reporting all crimes to the police not just rapes. This whole prosecuting the accuser just smacks of Elizabeth's family putting pressure on the police to punish the accuser because they're afraid if how this might reflect on Elizabeth's kids with J.D.

Exactly. This is BEYOND disgusting. I'm physically ill. 

• Love 6
On 1/31/2019 at 8:52 PM, Major Bigtime said:

He maybe off the hook for this one but sure it doesn't mean the asshole didn't do it.

Stinks of good ol' boy cronyism. 

I believe it will happen again, he can't keep from screwing up, and I hope the next one makes a leaking gash in Elizabeth's bottom line while JD is ripped a new one in prison.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

New cast photo and the S6 premiere is in mid-May! So the young cast are left and T-Rav is long gone...I’m going to miss his smarmy moments, admittedly...

7FA078C6-11FC-428D-BBB0-D7B2BDCC714A.jpeg

Are we missing some folks here, other than T-Rav??  Patricia??  Whitney???  Are they just part time characters now?

Edited by b2H

Good riddance to Thomas being off the show but I have to wonder if the ratings won't suffer.

That mess probably drew viewers, like a crash on the side of the freeway makes people slow down and look.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, scrb said:

Good riddance to Thomas being off the show but I have to wonder if the ratings won't suffer.

That mess probably drew viewers, like a crash on the side of the freeway makes people slow down and look.

I'll have no trouble watching without T-Rav.  It'll be up to the regular cast members to tell us a story that is remotely enjoyable.  His treatment of people on the show was no story as far as I was concerned.  I'll watch, for sure.

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Anyone got details on the new cast member?  At least it isn't the try hard girl from Shep's dating show. 

Naomie seems taller in the picture than I thought she was.

Eliza Limehouse?! She already appeared in previous seasons as a part-time member. She's apparently belongs to one of the older, richer families in Charleston along with the Ravenels. Parents were old family friends of T-Rav. 

https://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm/season-6/videos/your-first-look-at-southern-charm-season-6

Here’s the actual trailer of the season. I don’t think it bodes well that they brought back Trashley obviously for dramatic purposes—-apparently her appearances will be the biggest climax of the season...or possibly the potential renewed sexual tension between Kathryn & Whitney. And apparently Shep is gladly stepping into T-Rav’s shoes and taking over his role as the privileged asshole playboy everyone loves to hate...thank God Patricia and Whitney will make a few perfunctory appearances to save this shitshow now that it looks like it may have officially jumped the shark...

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

now that it looks like it may have officially jumped the shark...

It may well have, but I'll enjoy the scenery until they cancel it.  Shep is not a bad guy, not anywhere near like T-Rav.  He's a lunkhead, but a lovable lunkhead and at some point it'll occur to him that he needs to get on with his life.  Or not.  He really doesn't have to. 

As far as Ashley coming back, that has to be solely to aggravate Katherine.  K can take the high road and simply avoid Ashley, but that may not be easy if they're all required to show up at certain events. 

Craig and Noemi I think are a done deal and I'm not sure she's even in the photo above.  That's ok by me - she has no story line and spent the entire of last season carping about Craig.  She can go find another reality show.  

'Shep, Jr.', whose name I've actually forgotten, may have a story line with his micro-brewery or whatever it is he started up.  Maybe that'll be successful.

For me, there are a few storylines I want to see play out and then look at the Charleston scenery.  Also, I think they were filming when the hurricane came through late last summer, so there could be footage of that as well.

I'm in.  At least to start.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, b2H said:

think are a done deal and I'm not sure she's even in the photo above.  That's ok by me - she has no story line and spent the entire of last season carping about Craig.  

She is next to Cam. She has a new business and a boyfriend. I would much rather watch her than Craig.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

She is next to Cam. She has a new business and a boyfriend. I would much rather watch her than Craig.

I forgot she had a nose job.  Still not used to the change.  Thanks!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

Eliza Limehouse?! She already appeared in previous seasons as a part-time member. She's apparently belongs to one of the older, richer families in Charleston along with the Ravenels. Parents were old family friends of T-Rav. 

Oops! I remember the name but her face does not look familiar to me at all.

Shows sporting a beer gut! I wonder how much Metul will be on.

The Ashley thing is bullshit she isn’t friends with any of them and wasn’t even a bad cast member and seriously callling the cops for being thrown out of a private party?! Fuck off Ashley.

• Love 4
On 3/27/2019 at 7:05 PM, biakbiak said:

Shows sporting a beer gut! I wonder how much Metul will be on.

The Ashley thing is bullshit she isn’t friends with any of them and wasn’t even a bad cast member and seriously callling the cops for being thrown out of a private party?! Fuck off Ashley.

It is BS and it screams producer interference.

Best thing to do is not watch the episodes she's in and let the numbers drop. Don't watch the first time or second time it airs... wait. Hopefully TPTB will get the message. She's the reason for the number drop.

She could kiss everybody's ass till her lips bleed. I don't like her, dont believe a word she spews, wouldn't care if she drew her last breath. 

• Love 10
(edited)
On 3/27/2019 at 3:33 PM, Sun-Bun said:

https://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm/season-6/videos/your-first-look-at-southern-charm-season-6

Here’s the actual trailer of the season. I don’t think it bodes well that they brought back Trashley obviously for dramatic purposes—-apparently her appearances will be the biggest climax of the season...or possibly the potential renewed sexual tension between Kathryn & Whitney. And apparently Shep is gladly stepping into T-Rav’s shoes and taking over his role as the privileged asshole playboy everyone loves to hate...thank God Patricia and Whitney will make a few perfunctory appearances to save this shitshow now that it looks like it may have officially jumped the shark...

Stocking up on popcorn! Looks good (except Ashwipe) - the new girl seems to fit, and happy to see Pat and Whitney are still around (to make fun of) - yikes, did Kathryn and Whitney really hook up again?!

Edited by nexxie
17 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Why isn’t that scumbag Ravenel in jail yet?

I wish I could remember where I read it (Tamara Tattles?), but it said the likelihood of him actually serving time is small. Wonder how much this one cost him or his family? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Why isn’t that scumbag Ravenel in jail yet?

The way the criminal justice system works, he can continue any type of hearing for a long time. You get four continuances in most cases. Someone stole my sister’s car and he was high on pot. Cops caught him... gave him a ride home. It was 3 years before it ever came to trial. He was supposed to make restitution for the damage to her car, I think she got two payments of around $50 before he hightailed it to FL. They are still looking for him.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Babyfoot said:

From this article it sounds like Naomi is coming back as an official cast member.

I hope this means that we will see some appearances from the true badass star of this show: GIZMO!

Edited by mbaywife123
Spelling and grammer errors due to excitement about possible GIZMO scenes.
  • Love 4
(edited)

I'm not sure if this is where this belongs but if anyone is interested Cooper is spilling some sweet tea on his Instagram page about last night's episode. 

Screenshot_20190516-113130_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Bravo trying to extricate itself from lawsuit in SC.  So, if she signed waiver that she would mediate, why won't the court let them out? Hmmm.....

https://pagesix.com/2019/05/16/southern-charm-producers-want-to-be-done-with-thomas-ravenels-nannys-sexual-assault-lawsuit/

The judge hasn’t ruled either way. She included them in the lawsuit so they had to file to be excluded which is what they did and now the judge will weigh that argument this is completely standard procedure.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I'm not sure if this is where this belongs but if anyone is interested Cooper is spilling some sweet tea on his Instagram page about last night's episode. 

Omg, what a sanctimonious shit ass. My hillbilly family knows how to behave better than Eliza, and we even know how to brush our hair. Her credibility? WTF is he even talking about? Ah, fuck you, dude who got fired and is getting sued by Patricia. (Sorry, I can’t with that brand of snobbery, ugh.)

• Love 18

I had completely forgot I followed Ashley a gazillion years ago to catch her and Trav’s craycray and was startled when that pic showed up in my feed! Luckily it reminded me to unfollow.

• Love 2
On 5/16/2019 at 10:30 AM, Dirtybubble said:

Like anything this lying liar who lies has any credibility.

• Love 6
On May 16, 2019 at 11:45 AM, Babyfoot said:

Yes, Eliza’s father is such a good guy he knocked up his mistress while still married to Eliza’s mom. Truly salt of the earth, Cooper.

Old Chip Limehouse also appeared on Sacha Baron Cohen's 'Who is America"  and boasted that he held three doctorates.  Honorary doctorates.  When SBC's hippie professor character pointed out that those weren't real doctorates, Chip countered, "They're on my wall!"  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 5/17/2019 at 8:58 AM, Babyfoot said:

“Eliza seems like the type of person whose main life dilemma stems from deciding whether she wants to be famous on YouTube for pranks or makeup. Like, she can’t decide if her vanity or her pettiness should dominate her personal brand.”

Yep!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12