Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

On 5/6/2022 at 11:16 PM, aghst said:

So they must have no plans to air other season of SC any time soon.

Seems like the cast members are doing other Bravo shows instead.

I’ve heard from trusted sources that that S8 is supposed to air by late June of this year, so we shall see!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Sun-Bun said:

I’ve heard from trusted sources that that S8 is supposed to air by late June of this year, so we shall see!

If that's the case, wouldn't we have heard about them filming months ago?

Did the cast post something on their social media about filming?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, aghst said:

If that's the case, wouldn't we have heard about them filming months ago?

Did the cast post something on their social media about filming?

Patricia at least mentioned something on her comments to someone about it, and most of the cast have shown tv cameras filming them out places/interview looks in their social media posts/stories in the past few months.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Just out of curiosity has any read Craig's book "Pillow Talk: What’s Wrong with My Sewing?"

I've had it saved in my cart from Amazon for awhile now but I haven't made the leap to purchase it yet.  Not expensive, about $25, but just wondering if anyone here as read it?  The reviews seem pretty good *shrug*

• LOL 1
(edited)
On 5/25/2022 at 1:51 PM, Dirtybubble said:

Just out of curiosity has any read Craig's book "Pillow Talk: What’s Wrong with My Sewing?"

I've had it saved in my cart from Amazon for awhile now but I haven't made the leap to purchase it yet.  Not expensive, about $25, but just wondering if anyone here as read it?  The reviews seem pretty good *shrug*

Might be worth checking out from your nearest public library; that’s how I’ve read every Bravo-centric/Bravolebrity book out there that mildly intrigued me.(Ramona Singer’s book made me cackle the most of the Bravolebrity authors, admittedly; it’s as ridiculously wacky as she is and you can genuinely hear her voice narrating it!)

So are you going to take a chance on reading Cameron and Shep’s books too? I haven’t, although I gifted my mom with Patricia’s book after I read it and genuinely enjoyed her elegant way with words and entertainment tips. 

Coincidentally, Tinsley Mortimer’s book pre-RHoNY fame and before the show SC of the same title came out, “Southern Charm,” is highly entertaining chick-lit. Although I seriously think she used a ghost writer for it.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Might be worth checking out from your nearest public library; admittedly, that’s how I’ve read every Bravo-centric/Bravolebrity book out there that mildly intrigued me.(Ramona Singer’s book made me cackle the most of the Bravolebrity authors, admittedly; it’s as ridiculously wacky as she is and you can genuinely hear her voice narrating it!)

So are you going to take BBC a chance on reading Cameron and Shep’s books too? I haven’t, although I gifted my mom with Patricia’s book after I read it and genuinely enjoyed her elegant way with words and entertainment tips.

Unfortunately none of the Bravocelebrity books were available at my library 😒

I'd like to read everyone's books but they are still a bit expensive on Amazon and eBay so idk, wait a few years maybe?  I wish someone could be released from the Bravo contract and they could spill all the TEA about what goes on behind these shows.  

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Oh just found out "Not all diamonds and rosé : the inside story of the Real Housewives from the people who lived it" Is available at my library so I'll check that out

I read that (from the library) and it was actually not bad.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 6/1/2022 at 4:29 PM, heatherchandler said:

I read that (from the library) and it was actually not bad.

Me too! I thoroughly enjoyed it and how it described in detail the casting process of all the different RH cities.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

She doesn't want to be a mother. She wants child support.

I'm even willing to go so far as to say she wants to want to be a mother, but just can't get there.  She seems to need psychological counseling at the least.  She does not show the stability needed to parent.  Unfortunately, there are thousands of parents this could be said about.  Her (and Thomas') notoriety is the only reason we know it about them.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Has Kathryn appeared on other Bravo shows or any other shows like Austen, Shep, Craig?

If Bravo and other show producers didn't think she was enough of a draw, why do they keep her on the show?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/9/2022 at 5:20 AM, bosawks said:

I feel so incredibly gross saying this but the kids are probably better off with Thomas.

Yuck.

No. They would be better off with one of the grandparents, maybe. Or Andy Cohen. Andy could groom them to be the next generation of Southern Charm reality stars. Or maybe Shep or Whitney could marry one of them when they turn 18. Sad though, that even rich kids are born to assholes

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 6/11/2022 at 9:58 PM, chenoa333 said:

Or maybe Shep or Whitney could marry one of them when they turn 18.

Haha, good one!

I was checking out the boards to see if there seemed to be any interest (and I'm a encouraged) in this season's Southern Charm.  Once upon a time, I loved SC, but I'm not so sure anymore.  I'm going to give it a whirl and see how it goes.  I've been binge watching season 1 and it's always interesting to see how these people have evolved, or devolved, in real time.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Shannah Banana said:

Once upon a time, I loved SC, but I'm not so sure anymore. 

Yes. It was good back in beginner years. Not sure I can last more than an episode or 2 now. I'll give it a try.

I hate Madison. Hope she's gone.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I hate Madison. Hope she's gone.

We have that in common then.  She's back though, and so is Naomi...and four girls I think are new, and the usual guys plus Katherine's new guy, Chleb Ravenell.  I'll see how long I can take it, but maybe it will wind up being a good season.  Here's hoping!

• Love 2

I wonder if we'll meet Madison's fiancee? When the show last aired, A-Rod was sliding into her DMs. Now she's engaged. Yeah, it's been a minute since we last saw the show, but it didn't take her long to latch onto a new dude. 

All that said, I can't stand her. Will the new guy hopefully mellow her out, or will she still be an attention-seeking famewhore?

• Love 4
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder if we'll meet Madison's fiancee? When the show last aired, A-Rod was sliding into her DMs. Now she's engaged. Yeah, it's been a minute since we last saw the show, but it didn't take her long to latch onto a new dude. 

All that said, I can't stand her. Will the new guy hopefully mellow her out, or will she still be an attention-seeking famewhore?

My guess?  A mellowed, attention-seeking famewhore.  With a ring.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/13/2022 at 11:37 PM, Shannah Banana said:

We have that in common then.  She's back though, and so is Naomi...and four girls I think are new, and the usual guys plus Katherine's new guy, Chleb Ravenell.  I'll see how long I can take it, but maybe it will wind up being a good season.  Here's hoping!

Oh dear, how do we pronounce “Chleb?”

Sh-leb?  Ch-leb?  K-leb?  I’m assuming it is “lebb “ and not “leeb.” 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Thumper
  • LOL 5
21 hours ago, Thumper said:

Oh dear, how do we pronounce “Chleb?”

Sh-leb?  Ch-leb?  K-leb?  I’m assuming it is “lebb “ and not “leeb.” 🤷‍♀️

It's K-leb. 🤣

• Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

For anyone who is interested in Michael the butler: 

"He is currently living in Florida at an assisted care facility and he revealed how he's feeling now that he's closer to his family, as Patricia Altschul shared some news about her longtime butler and friend. “Michael is out today lunching at his favorite seafood restaurant in Sarasota, Florida.May 31, 2022"

(Sorry the "copy link" option didn't work.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, chenoa333 said:

For anyone who is interested in Michael the butler: 

"He is currently living in Florida at an assisted care facility and he revealed how he's feeling now that he's closer to his family, as Patricia Altschul shared some news about her longtime butler and friend. “Michael is out today lunching at his favorite seafood restaurant in Sarasota, Florida.May 31, 2022"

(Sorry the "copy link" option didn't work.)

Michael was the classiest act on Southern Charm. I wish him well. 
I hope someone is serving him on a silver tray. 

• Like 1
  • Love 14
Just now, Mindthinkr said:

Michael was the classiest act on Southern Charm. I wish him well. 
I hope someone is serving him on a silver tray. 

He was well-behaved on camera.

But he might have been like Thomas Ravenel's father for all we know.

• Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
Just now, aghst said:

He was well-behaved on camera.

But he might have been like Thomas Ravenel's father for all we know.

Anything is possible. However, I doubt Patricia would have hired him and employed him for years, if he behaved like a Ravenel. 

• Wink 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, chlban said:
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Shocked. Not. 🙄

If they were even a real couple.

What's the story, they spent most of the pandemic together?

That's over 2 years.

They could just show up to be filmed on the show together.

If they were a real couple, would she have put up with Shep's nonsense for two years?

So maybe she's on the show for most of the season now but won't appear again, if they renew the show.

• Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, chlban said:

Ahh so Taylor saw the part where he said he can "tolerate" her. Such a declaration of love and devotion! I feel for her, that must have felt awful, then add in knowing millions saw it too.

Good for her for finally realizing that she wasn't going to get the happily ever after with Shep that she was expecting and dreaming about. (Though I'm still irritated with them both over the no BC thing. Irresponsible!) Shep is a waste of time for any gal who wants more than just a fling, or a relationship with more than zero commitment. 

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
finished sentence!
  • Love 13

This relationship followed the complete plan that Shep has for all his relationships:  have a lot of good times, travel, part ways when the woman wants too much, and then reflect on all the fun you had while you were together. 

Taylor is still soooo young.  I'm not worried about her.  I also don't know why someone who seems to have traditional aspirations regarding a husband, family and home life, would even risk hanging her hat on this old coot who says he wants anything but a conventional relationship and family.   

Shep needs to date women who are in their 40's+ and either don't want kids, can't have them or already had them.  But who are we kidding?!  He's not looking at anyone over 28!  That's why it will always be cycle, rinse, repeat with him.  Which is exactly what he wants.  

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

This relationship followed the complete plan that Shep has for all his relationships:  have a lot of good times, travel, part ways when the woman wants too much, and then reflect on all the fun you had while you were together. 

Taylor is still soooo young.  I'm not worried about her.  I also don't know why someone who seems to have traditional aspirations regarding a husband, family and home life, would even risk hanging her hat on this old coot who says he wants anything but a conventional relationship and family.   

Shep needs to date women who are in their 40's+ and either don't want kids, can't have them or already had them.  But who are we kidding?!  He's not looking at anyone over 28!  That's why it will always be cycle, rinse, repeat with him.  Which is exactly what he wants.  

The sad thing is it just gets more pathetic as he ages. He was cute and still young when this series started.  Now he is just a paunchy, middle aged guy that can't commit. Nothing cute about it. This is what happens when parents have no expectations. Although Austen is also a loser and his parents actually seem to expect more. I am glad Taylor woke up. She will be fine.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8

The minute it was brought up that Taylor snagged “her own condo” in downtown Charleston, I knew that relationship was toast. Couples who foresee a real future together just don’t do that.
She probably got the condo subconsciously realizing that she’d need a quick landing place if/when she finally got tired of being treated like ol’ Peter Pan’s long-suffering Tinkerbell.

We forget how young Taylor is too—Shep was probably her first serious relationship and she hung in there longer than any ex’es of his. I’m sure she also made the typical youthful mistake of thinking she was that magical unicorn who could somehow “change” a commitment-phobe like Shep and make him want to settle down for good.

She was even willing to even have an oopsie baby if it meant locking him down with marital commitment!
Never fails to surprise me how many young gals out there are *still* willing to have accidental babies with older men just to lock down what they see as prosperous marital/lifetime providers((ahem, Kathryn)).

I’m still convinced that Taylor already had one foot out the door as soon as this season began though. She probably hung in there to keep her place on the show/for the storyline and any extra perks with Shep along the way, but likely planned her exit strategy to coincide with these more embarrassing episodes showing how fragile their status really was by then.

I wish her well—I was in Taylor’s spot with a similarly older/rich commitment-phobe ex when I was her age too. It took me wasting about three years with him before I wised up and was fortunate enough to meet my future husband shortly after I ditched that loser.
15 years later I’m just as happy as ever with my husband, and my older commitment-phobe ex is still out there desperately partying/prowling around for younger women like always.

It’s a pathetic fate that I definitely see Shep facing as he ages on into Charleston nightlife.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

I'm not completely convinced that they lived together, or if they did, for any length of time.

Again, let's see if she appears on any future seasons, since they've broken up.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, aghst said:

I'm not completely convinced that they lived together, or if they did, for any length of time.

Again, let's see if she appears on any future seasons, since they've broken up.

They said they weren’t living together. In either the first or second episode of the season, Taylor made it very clear that she still had her own place…something about old-fashioned values, religion, blah, blah, blah. Shep said the same thing in one of his talking heads, but also mentioned that she still slept over almost every night. Which kinda ruined Taylor’s point about being too religious and old-fashioned for that.

• Love 4

I think it sunk in when Taylor had the baby scare, that Shep may not marry her even if she was pregnant.  At least, that was my take on how noncommittal he was during their discussion about it.  He was pretty cold blooded about it all.  She dodged a bullet, but why would she want Shep anyway?  I can't prove this, but I bet he's lousy in bed. 

Hopefully, in the future, people will leave Shep alone about getting married or being monogamous, or anything that even smacks of it.  He's not the marrying kind and it's his life.  Plus, he's not reproducing and that can only be a good thing. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

I think it sunk in when Taylor had the baby scare, that Shep may not marry her even if she was pregnant.  At least, that was my take on how noncommittal he was during their discussion about it.  He was pretty cold blooded about it all.  She dodged a bullet, but why would she want Shep anyway?  I can't prove this, but I bet he's lousy in bed. 

Hopefully, in the future, people will leave Shep alone about getting married or being monogamous, or anything that even smacks of it.  He's not the marrying kind and it's his life.  Plus, he's not reproducing and that can only be a good thing. 

I’m kind of surprised Shep isn’t into Olivia.  She seems to come from the background that appeals.  Though as I type that I realize Taylor could be a Vanderbilt- doesn’t seem it maybe she is.  Naomie also seems to come from deep pockets.

I always go back to that scene where he and his mom are dining outdoors  and they both just say one disgusting thing after another.  (Paraphrased) I need someone as comfortable at St Barts as at a crab boil says Shep.  Yes, my perfect child, you do says mom.

If I had to guess I’d say he broke up with her.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Ashley (remember her?) blasts Naomie.

I had no idea there was bad blood there, but she said she'd rather have lunch with Kathryn. Yikes. 

I don't know how long it took me to read that, but it was time I will never get back.  Ashley is such a downer, but she's right about Cameron being a much better narrator than Naomie.  By the time she's through "narrating" I've long since zoned out. 

It is hard to believe she hates Naomie more than Katherine.  Ashley is just sour grapes all the way around.

• Love 7