Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E01: Episode 1

• Start Topic

The 20th-season opener begins with 12 celebrities, including Patti LaBelle, Redfoo, Michael Sam, Suzanne Somers, Robert Herjavec and Rumer Willis.

Edited by OnceSane
locked thread until airing

and an exclusive behind the scenes series hosted by Gethin Jones that will feature exclusive interviews with celebrity couples.

Is this what Lacey and some guy were doing last year and does this mean that Lacey is gone (again).

This thread is for discussing the first episode of the season. I've moved several posts which were more suited for the Season 20 Speculation thread or one of the contestant threads. Please take your conversations to the appropriate thread(s). This thread will be locked until the show airs. Thank you.

I don't know what I was surprised by more: the implication of a Robert/Kym showmance (I know he's going through a divorce but JEEZ) or Jeff Goldblum in the audience. 

I missed Chris' dance but based on the Twitter chatter, may need to seek out.  Michael didn't do so bad but they were right about his feet.  Ouch. 

Oh Tony.  Always getting stuck with the older ladies and wearing mesh and bright spandex.  I will always salute your commitment to...whatever you're committing to.

Patti Labelle was too damn adorable and she made me tear up.  DAMMIT SHOW!  Every year I say I'm going to quit you and you pull out this shit and I'm your bitch again.

Early standouts: Rumer and Noah.  Most are of the "not bad but need work" variety.  But Natsia's "DEREK?!  I thought you weren't competiting" echoed the sentiment of many of us here.  Come ON show.  I'm not here for the six peat.  

• Love 7

Is it just me or Julianne threw shade at Allison and her previous partner?

Definitely did. And it was kind of glorious, IMO. Julianne definitely questions Allison's place on the show. We'll see. Allison had weeks to put together a jive. I'm not convinced she can up her ballroom game for the rest of the season.

• Love 6

Ok, I'm already over McKinney and her gigantic fake boobs.  That intro was embarrassing.  Please, show, in what universe is she a "star"?

14 is too young for this show.  What next, a 12 year old in season 21?

Edited by limecoke
  • Love 15

I didn't know very many of the "stars".

Whitney and that bachelor are attention whores up on the balcony.

How do you criticize Patty LaBelle? She's Patty freaking LaBelle.

Suzanne Sommers deserved some 5's too.

And who is Redfoo?

Love Derek. Love Sharna.

And the return of Edyta's presenters!

Well, no one was really painfully awful. 

I'll say it.  Noah has great courage, but I wasn't wild about that dance.  But he's smoking hot.

Maybe Artem is now taking over as pusher of the elderly lady.  Patti did a lovely job, but I'm not sure what's going to happen to her when the dances get slightly active.

Oh Tony.  No.  Just...no.

Nastia didn't blow me away with her mad dance skillz.  Once again, her partner is phoning it in from the next county over.  And why does she look like a 50 year old woman?

I love Michael Sam, the shark guy and Redfoo.  Charisma for miles.  And Willow was very cute.  Good job Mark - age appropriate.

• Love 3

Rumer was gorgeous and her sister getting super excited in the audience while she was dancing was adorable. However, I worry about her intensity so early. I fear we may have a Lea Thompson situation where she'll get too into her own head and start taking this show way too seriously. Hopefully Val can work on that, although Val himself is intense. But she was definitely the best of the night.

Nastia was good but a bit underwhelming for me and I was happy when Julianne mentioned the thing about her back because something about her upper body was bothering me at points in the dance and I couldn't put my finger on it. She's good though and I can see her getting a lot better. The thing I think might hurt her is that tall frame and long limbs. Although she seemed graceful enough tonight. 

Noah Galloway is definitely inspiring and I give Sharna mad props for what she was even able to come up with but he was way overscored. I definitely saw what he meant about the difference with his missing leg versus Amy with her having her knees, so she was able to bend a bit better. Another person horribly overscored and this one just annoyed me, was Riker. That dance was a lot of flash and light on substance.

The few flicks and kicks he did was decent but I couldn't see half of the dance between the smoke and mosh pit happening. I saw the idiot girls in the mosh pit more than his dancing. And I'm not sure the judges could really see him either no matter what they said. Also, once again, Alison was over dancing. But at least Riker did a better job of keeping up with her than poor Jonathan last season. And speaking of Alison, Julianne's comment about her previous season was hilarious. Bless you Julianne and your lack of tact. 

Chris Soules showed more personality in that minute and 30 seconds dance than he did on the whole season of the Bachelor. I honestly was very confused about that person I saw there tonight mugging all over the place and being goofy. I guess once he's not expected to make good conversation, he can have a personality. The Witney crushing was a bit odd. And speaking of crushing, isn't that Robert guy married, or maybe I'm mistaken. I hope I am because he and Kym were a little inappropriate with each other if he is but he was adorable on that dance floor. Michael Sam was also pretty good but I definitely see the footwork issue. 

Charlotte McKinney is in danger. She wasn't great, she went early and I don't know if she'll have the fanbase for this show seeing as guys aren't exactly its main demographic. Willow might also be as well. She went first, always tough and while she did show a lot of promise, she seems out of her depth here. I mean I almost forgot about her by the end of the show. Redfoo was very disappointing to me. I expected so much more and I was disappointed in Emma's choreography. Patti Labelle was sweet and Tony gets points just for that get up.

And what happened to the announcer who introduces the dancers and dance?

Producers got rid of him last season and I really wish they'd bring him back. If I turn my head for a second when the couple starts dancing, I miss the dance style in the tiny script on the screen. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6

Thank God for Rumer and Val!!! I was sooooo disappointed until their dance. I thought DWTS was going back to the golden days, but no! Same-o Same-o boring Mandy Moore opening pro dance, then dances with way too many props and extra dancers!!! Week 1 and Derek breaks the rules already!! Derek's " dress covering it " fell flat BOTH times he said it. 4 judges are too many .

Loved that Val and Rumer had no gimmicks or extra dancers... I want them to win!

Glad to have Kym back, miss Cheryl.

• Love 11

Rumer can dance. And wow, she looks so much like her mother.

I hate to say it but I hope Charlotte McKinney goes first. She was the worst of the bottom tier dancers.

Nice to see the judges giving some room for scores to improve.

I thought Riker did great, but the jive was right in Alison's wheel house. Should be interesting to see if she has improved her ability to teach and choreograph more traditional ball-room dances.

• Love 1

And speaking of crushing, isn't that Robert guy married, or maybe I'm mistaken. I hope I am because he and Kym were a little inappropriate with each other if he is but he was adorable on that dance floor.

He's currently going through a divorce. He's said he decided to do DWTS because he's coming off of one of his worst years and he wants a fresh start - and considering his parents have already passed and his businesses are doing great ... people are speculating that his divorce is what caused him to do the show.

• Love 1

Rumer surprised me -- really graceful and of course, Val is a wonderful choreographer and leader

Enjoyed most of the dancers, but cannot wait for Charlotte to go. Her "persona" whether really her or not is so demeaning. Plus she cannot dance. Sorry for her partner because he got another dud assignment.

Noah was so inspiring and Sharna did a tremendous job of choreography within limitations. We'll see how it goes.

Ryker, whoever he is, is a fun dancer but I couldn't see much of their footwork. Not cool with that in a competition.

Robert, the Shark, is going through a divorce. Just announced a couple of months ago. Kym and he certainly have chemistry. They'll play that up big-time, whether it's real off-camera or not.

I loathe showmances so I hope they don't but that's just me.

Willow is too young -- sorry, I don't think 14 year olds should be on the show. If it were up to me, the dancers would all be at least 21. But 14????

Michael, Chris, Nastia were all good. Suzanne was ok. Patty was ok but so charming.

I agree with the above poster who said 4 judges is too many, but I'm glad Len is there! Tom and Erin are golden, in my book.

Great to have the show back.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 2

Little birdie might have been wrong about Riker. Rumor is Rumer good! Noah is a definite hero, but has no place in a dance "competition," such as it is. Walking on the dance floor, which is about all the poor man can do, is definitely not close to dancing. Nuf said.

• Love 4

Michael Sam was picked eighth or ninth to last in last year's NFL Draft and cut by two teams' practice squads, which means the NFL is probably not for him.

Dancing, though, could be. I quite liked him. He could be an early favorite if he keeps it up.

• Love 1

Noah is interesting to me for 2 reasons: one, he's the only male that they've had with prosthetics, so he's going to be different from Amy Purdy or Heather Mills, and two, like he pointed out both Heather Mills and Amy Purdy had their knee joints, which will be huge in movement and weight distribution. Sharna's definitely got a choreography challenge. I just wish the judges would have been more constructive in their criticisms than marveling at his inspiration.

Dude is strong, though. Geez. And his kids are adorable. I loved that they were cheering so hard for their dad.

• Love 7

Val is the best teacher and choreographer IMO . He always makes the dance about his partner ( cough, cough, Derek) and has so much chemistry with every partner. He acts like they are the only 2 people in the room, always so focused on whom he is dancing with. His is the only dance I've rewatched and just might have to watch it again.

Derek's was such a production number, no chemistry with partner , all show....

• Love 9

Who was Alison with last time? I can't remember. Oh wait, was Jonathan last time? I just remember (back then) thinking she didn't choreograph well, so we'll see what she does this time, I guess.

I thought everyone did a "nice" job, routines that I liked but no real standouts until Rumer.

I enjoyed Michael Sam's performance, liked his energy and attitude, he seemed fun, definitely rooting for him. I also liked Patti; I'm a fan of her music and she can be such a marvelously funny diva, so I think she'll be interesting to watch. I hope she can keep going. (Frankly, if Tommy Chong can do it, I don't see why Patti couldn't! Go, Patti!)

I was surprised by the Bachelor dude, thought Footloose was a good choice for him and he seemed to give it his all, even though they're right about his slumping his shoulders forward too much. Should be interesting to see what he can do.

I like the Shark Tank guy's energy, he seemed to be willing to make a fool of himself and just have fun, so he has that going for him, but out of everyone I felt like his dance was the most lacking in actual choreography. He did move and he had energy when he did move, but there was still a whole lot of Kym dancing fancily around him, so I was annoyed by the judges' scores. I thought they were too kind to him, especially because they scored others lower when those others seemed to do more choreography more than he did. We'll see how he does next week. If they keep giving him inflated scores for partial dancing, I'll be annoyed.

Nastia was fine, impressively flexible, but I see her as one of the "ringer" types this season. She's had dance training and she's used to learning routines for her gymnastics floor routines, so though she may not have ever done ballroom dance, she definitely has an edge from all her other dance training. I haven't watched this show since the very beginning so I don't have major issues with Derek, I enjoy watching him dance and work with his partners, but I do think it's unfair that he got Nastia instead of, say, Suzanne Somers or the 14-year-old or the model who messed up her choreography.

Why are they so predictable? I probably could have looked at the line-up of stars and guessed pretty easily who was going to go with whom (i.e., Tony and Artem getting the "older" women, Mark getting the young girl, Emma gets some of the older or most challenging contestants like Bill Engvall or Billy Dee Williams or -- don't even remind me -- Michael Waltrip from last season).

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 2

Seeing Jeff Goldblum in the audience makes me hope he'll sign on this fall.

I think I would love that! He would be so bizarre and fun to watch. *GRIN*

One I didn't love: the busty model. As others have said, for someone who claims she doesn't want to be known for her boobs, she sure was talking about them and shaking them A LOT. She seems to want attention -- that bugs me, so I hope she goes home soon. Definitely did not impress.

I loved Rumer's performance. I thought she did a great job, and looked gorgeous. I'll be interested to see if she can keep her perfectionism in check so that it doesn't psych her out, but so far... great job!

• Love 4

Charlotte can go, thanks. If you don't want to be known for your boobs (which is all your "career" is based on) then don't talk about them all the time. And her intro was completely tasteless. Her jive was a disaster.

I was surprised by how much I ended up liking Rumer. I thought she looked great and her dance was my favorite.

Now, I have all the respect and admiration in the world for Noah, but he was way overscored. There was very little dancing on his part.

Nastia was good, but not great. I loved that Derek was shocked for getting called out for a lift.

Mark kept everything appropriate, but I was still creeped out. I just think 14 is way too young.

Patti was charming.

Suzanne was ok.

I liked Michael's personality, but yea, his footwork was a mess. I also agree with CAI that he needs to relax that smile.

Robert was sweet and not too bad. I loved having Kym back.

I was having Jonathan flashback watching Ryker and Alison.

The bachelor and Witney were ok. What's with that bizarre crushing he was doing on her?

• Love 3

Rumer and Nastia are in it to win it. The other's are basically competing for 2nd and 3rd place, IMO.

Nastia's skills and Derek's choreo are gonna be a marvel to watch this season and I can't wait to see what else Rumor can do.

Despite her age, I think Willow is someone who's gonna drastically improve each week.

Noah's situation is tricky. You don't wanna see too harsh saying it wasn't good but you don't wanna overpraise him in a patronizing way. Unfortunately for him, I don't see him getting into the Top 3 like Amy did.

• Love 1

Charlotte can go, thanks. If you don't want to be known for your boobs (which is all your "career" is based on) then don't talk about them all the time. And her intro was completely tasteless.

Oh yeah, I hated her intro. All that "joking" about melons and cereal and pretty much anything to cover her chest, while pretending to be naked when meeting her dance partner for the first time? It was all a "show," nothing real about her whatsoever. Why would that endear her as someone to root for?

Noah's situation is tricky. You don't wanna see too harsh saying it wasn't good but you don't wanna overpraise him in a patronizing way.

I thought he had some nice natural grace and he definitely connected well with Sharna, but yeah, not having a bendable knee is going to hurt him big time in the movement and balance department. What I fear is that the judges will keep him around too long because they're inspired by him, regardless of whether or not he can actually do the moves. Their praise was generous and kind but got to be a bit patronizing; I wonder if he was bothered by it. He seemed like the type of guy who just wants to try his best and doesn't want to be catered to like a child.

He looks like he's in terrific physical shape, so I definitely felt his frustration with not being able to do what he probably could have done pretty well before he was injured.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 8

Oh, poor Keo. There just wasn't much he could do with that model. Charlotte couldn't dance worth a lick, and her personalty wasn't much to write home about. 

Robert really surprised me. He was so cute and flirty in a good way. I just hope he's not one of those guys who has just one good dance and then goes downhill.

I also enjoyed Michael Sam. I could see the moves he felt comfortable with and those he didn't. But he can dance, so I'm hoping that he lets himself embody the dance steps.

I didn't enjoy Redfoo as much as I thought I would. That's too bad.

I loved loved loved Rumer. She's gorgeous, and I thought she looked great dancing with Val. I wish she and Val would do a routine based on that dream sequence from Moonlighting where her dad is dancing to "Big Man on Mulberry Street"...but I am pretty sure that is too much to hope for.

• Love 8

This is going to be a long season. I would be happy to cut 6 or 7 pairs right now. Charlotte will never be good, neither will the Bachelor, Redfoo, Suzanne, Robert, Michael or Patti (though she is class all the way.) Charlotte should go first, but I wouldn't be sad to lose any of those stars. Also, for next week, she needs to get the costume department in line. That outfit was not good. By putting sparkles on just the boobs, they turned into two blue disco balls screaming "look at me!" She needs to have more coverage of her stomach and more volume at her hips to balance them out. Just a design idea from one busty girl to another. 

I know they were praised but I didn't really enjoy Nastia or Ryker. I thought Nastia and Derek's number lacked the smoothness I look for in a foxtrot and it was too much stuff and not enough dancing. She can dance! Derek has gotten lazy because he's got someone who can do it without any extras and he still filled the stage with props, the troupe and fireworks. Pull back and let the woman impress us with her movement.

Ryker and Allison suffered for a similar reason. It was too hyper. That's just how Allison rolls so I'm not surprised. She's constantly dialed to 11 and pushes her partners to the same level. Without any shade or variation, the dances are just dull. She doesn't have the skill to create a more dynamic dance or to pull her partner to a quieter place. And nothing about Riker suggests he has that on his own so they're going to be my least favourite even if the movement is better than some of the other couples.

I think Willow and Mark got a shit deal. She was lovely and interesting and has a nice quality to her movement. The dance was cheeky without being raunchy and she did a great job with a fairly straightforward Cha Cha and the scores were bullshit. 6s when people who were far worse did far better on the scoreboard. I'm not a fan of Mark, but that was some bullshit. The judges see the dress rehearsals; they don't need to "leave room" for a better score. That deserved at least a couple of 7s.

Rumer is wonderful and really one of the few people I actually am excited to see dance again next week. I thought she was intense and graceful. I do really want to see her tackle an upbeat Latin number; I think this style of dance suited her and I'd want to see her push herself with a Jive or Cha Cha in terms of showing personality. 

Edited by vibeology
  • Love 9

Val is the best teacher and choreographer IMO . He always makes the dance about his partner ( cough, cough, Derek) and has so much chemistry with every partner. He acts like they are the only 2 people in the room, always so focused on whom he is dancing with. His is the only dance I've rewatched and just might have to watch it again.

Derek's was such a production number, no chemistry with partner , all show....

I was not feeling the re-mix to "New York, New York." For God's sake it's a classic...leave it alone!!! I thought it interrupted the flow of their foxtrot...the change in music.  There was a definite ode to the rockettes because there was alot of kicking in that foxtrot.  I'm still scratching my head as to why Derek threw in a lift in a foxtrot. He knew he'd get docked...why do that???  Why not save it for later?  Not a biggie because Nastia ballet really shines through and she's not going anywhere anytime soon.  Dance-wise she and Rumer were technically the best of the night.

I really enjoyed Rumer's dance and connection with Val. It was a beautiful dance...can't wait to see more from her.  I also loved the connection Noah had with Sharna. When he started to get emotional in the package...I started tearing up.  I just came away feeling emotionally moved by Noah & Rumer tonight.

Everyone else was good...but not great...except Charlotte.  Her mistakes and missed choreography was glaring.

• Love 5
I was not feeling the re-mix to "New York, New York." For God's sake it's a classic...leave it alone!!! I thought it interrupted the flow of their foxtrot...the change in music.

Yeah that was jarring and it took me out of the dance.  I loved the beginning, the old school Hollywood/glamour and then that weird beat came in and then it felt like Derek and Nastia were both rushing to keep up with the beat and then I just didn't love it after that. Still good but not a wow for me at all. I did think the Rockette kicks were lovely.

• Love 1

I'm not a fan of Derek's but you can't say he's a bad choreographer. Except with that dance tonight. He didn't play to a single strength of Nastia's. There were no lines to speak of and I can't tell if she can dance because all she did was bounce manically around the floor. She's better than that. Or maybe she really has horrible lines and posture and that was his way Of disguising it. Gymnastics involves very little in the way of artistry anymore so maybe her ability to dance is over blown? And yes, I've seen her gymnastics, I'm a former coach.

I'm really hoping there was a reason for that hot mess other than Derek's ego saying "classic song, gotta have horns!"

Mr. Sam can wiggle his butt on my coffee table any night. He can bring the hot boyfriend too.

Rumor was shockingly good. Val really created a great dance and moment for her.

I believe the boob girl was acting out Austin powers. Total fail. Most big chested girls don't flaunt it unless they don't have anything else to flaunt.

• Love 3

It's obvious ABC is going for the pre-teen Hunger Games demographic, but this girl is too damn young to be shaking her hips and tatas. Shame on ABC for this.

Why the air headed, vocal fry bimbos? Model babe needs to go, like yesterday. Oh,mand she can't dance, either.

I thought Nastia had a bit of an attitude and didn't seem to like being critiqued.

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 7

While Nastia has a clear advantage with her background in gymnastics, no one can fabricate chemistry. IMO, her and Derek's first dance was fragmented and far from cohesive, partly because of the "production" feel that seems to inundate every ounce of choreography the Holy Hough gives us, but also because there was no discernible chemistry between the two. I was completely underwhelmed.

I can already tell that Willow's Latin dances are going to be uncomfortable for mostly everyone. I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum -- she was so tame with her Cha Cha that it wasn't fun to watch.

PS: For a fun drinking game guaranteed to obliterate your liver, take a shot every time Tom or Erin mention the fact that Riker is related to Derek and Julianne. If you would like to go the distance and send yourself to the nearest emergency room, take a shot every time his hair looks like an animal died on top of his head.

Also, re: the judges' comments for Michael, it was completely unnecessary for them to be such douchebags this early in the season. At least wait until he does the rumba.

• Love 5

Charlotte was bad.  Poor Keo, again.  The dances seemed way shorter tonight, except Val and Rumer's dance.  I thought Michael, Robert, and Chris were better than I thought they would be, but they are paired with smart choreographers/dancers.  Riker was better at the jive than Allison, well from what I could see from the mosh pit.

Rooting for Rumer and Val.  Always had a crush on Bruce Willis, though I heard he is a cheap db.

• Love 2

Boob girl....you may exit stage left immediately.

Bachelor surprised me but I don't understand the comments about him crushing on his partner. Help?

Rumor was my fav. She looked just fantastic.

I have zero tolerance for Redfoo so he can leave anytime.

• Love 2

Hey, Show, Want to impress viewers? Give Derek the hamburger bimbo with the inflatable boobs (who can't dance for shit) instead of the Olympian ringer AGAIN. At least ATTEMPT to look like you're not guaranteeing him a spot at the end for once. Poor Keo. He gets stuck with the dud two years in a row. I think producers owe him BIG TIME after this. That opening with the melons was cringe worthy.

Noah and the Stud Muffin t-shirt?  Oh yes. That's quite accurate. Yummy. And you can definitely see the difference between Amy Purdy, who had bendable joints in both knees, and Noah, who does not.  How can you not root for him?  Also hoping that Michael Sam lasts. Peta has good luck with her football boys, doesn't she?

Threw my votes to Rumer and Michael Sam tonight, Patti LaBelle was too cute, dancing to THE REAL Lady Marmalade (I refuse to acknowledge that the cover version exists). 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 5

Noah and the Stud Muffin t-shirt?  Oh yes. That's quite accurate. Yummy. And you can definitely see the difference between Amy Purdy, who had bendable joints in both knees, and Noah, who does not.  How can you not root for him?  Also hoping that Michael Sam lasts. Peta has good luck with her football boys, doesn't she?

Well, if the dancing doesn't match his inspiration or personality, I wouldn't exactly be rooting him to win. I, for one, am not gonna throw him votes just because of his situation, which i'm sure is exactly the opposite of what he'd want.

• Love 2

Nastia was good but a bit underwhelming for me and I was happy when Julianne mentioned the thing about her back because something about her upper body was bothering me at points in the dance and I couldn't put my finger on it. She's good though and I can see her getting a lot better. The thing I think might hurt her is that tall frame and long limbs. Although she seemed graceful enough tonight. 

Nastia is quite tall for a gymnast, but she is only 5'3".

Have they given up on the "With the Stars" premise and just changed it to "ABC Cross Promotion"?

I purposefully avoid any and everything relating to The Bachelor(ette). I literally flee from the room when I see my roommates are watching. I've managed to avoid learning a single participants name for 15 years now. I deeply resent being forced to watch Chris on this show now. So glad Erin called him out on that BS about how he doesn't feel comfortable touching Witney, since he got engaged 5 minutes ago to a woman who watched him hook up with 25 other women before she "won".

I don't watch Shark Tank, but Robert seems sleezy.

Patti is gorgeous. She better be around for weeks to come and show all these reality "stars" what a true legend is.

I like Willow. The Hunger Games thing was cute. It was short enough that it didn't feel like a time-waster.

I have no idea who Riker is and why he's a star. I asked a 13-year-old girl acquiantance who is totally down with all the 1D, 5SOS, Viner, YouTuber people and she's never heard of him. Julianne throwing shade on Allison and Jonathan last season was unncessary and rude.

Poor Keo. Gone again after one week. The boob bit was funnier in Austin Powers.

Nastia and Derek. As soon as the cast was announced, it was obvious. They pretend to nitpick early on, but without that illegal lift, they would have been tied with Rumer and Val for first.

Michael Sams could go far. He's not afraid to go for it, which is usually the downfall for male contestants. If Peta can work on the technique, he could be in the finals.

I like Noah. It will be interesting to see if he can adapt his disability with the different dance styles. Will they have him do a reverse hold for ballroom dances?

I think the overwhelming reaction for Rumer was because it was the end of the night, they'd been bitchy to nearly everyone else, and her performance was good enough to praise and end the show on a high note. This week set a pretty low bar for that kind of excitement. She was good, but pretending they have a shot at beating Nastia and Derek is just setting up this season's Derek/Val rivalry.

• Love 1

I like Noah. It will be interesting to see if he can adapt his disability with the different dance styles. Will they have him do a reverse hold for ballroom dances?

Noah was fitted for a new prosthetic arm a couple weeks ago, and apparently Sharna and Noah's prosthetist have been collaborating on programming it for hold. Think it was said it's computerized like his knee.

Next on DwtHoughS, their nephew, niece, next-door neighbour....

Do not care for Riker and his stupid hair and no-name band. Love Witney's "Give me a fucking break" expression when Erin was asking him the requisite cover-our-asses questions.

Charlotte is not the first woman in showbiz to have a porn star rack so she can get over herself now. I hope Keo gets a decent chance but I don't see many women voting for her.

I love Robert. Anyone who's seen him on Shark Tank wouldn't be surprised by his childlike effervescence. He always has fun there, too. I hope he does well and goes further than Mark.

OMG can we not with the amputee contestants. Maybe they can do a para spin off since they're stuck on this. It IS inspiring, but it's also saddening and emotionally explotative. 

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 5

Exploitative is right! First the ABC/DWTS PTB try to grab a few guffaws with Miss Hamburger's sleazy fake boobs, and in the next frame, they attempt to bring millions to tears with an amputee's attempts at musicality. Just lovely.

• Love 3

Charlotte is not the first woman in showbiz to have a porn star rack so she can get over herself now. I hope Keo gets a decent chance but I don't see many women voting for her.

Definitely not me. I think one of the things that really ticked me off was how -- after declaring she wanted to be known for more than her boobs -- that's pretty much all she talked about and all she highlighted about herself.

And she cannot tell me that she is clueless when it comes to knowing about the existence of proper support for her breasts. I mean, come on... even Oprah highlighted a sports bra company for bigger-busted women on her show more than once, so the information is out there. (And as a big-busted woman myself, I can attest to how awesomely that particular sports bra works! I don't worry about a thing when wearing it. It holds everything perfectly, no pain, no excessive bouncing... hell, no bouncing at all.) So for her to act like, "Oh no, whatever will I do about my big, bouncing breasts? See, Keo, see how they move? Oh that's so funny, duct tape, do you think it will work? Wow, I'm so shocked that taping them down actual works! Look at that!" I wanted to slap her. Offensive and obnoxious and really not cute (if that's what she was aiming for, being 'cute' or 'funny').

• Love 10

As bad as the boob focus was, Charlotte is a huge improvement over Lolo. At that rate, Keo might make it to week two a couple of seasons from now.

I can't stand Third Riker. Something about him inspires irrational hatred in me. I know it won't happen, but I want him to be eliminated first in a "shocking elimination that nobody saw coming".

Rumer and Val danced so beautifully but I absolutely hated the song choice. Foxtrot is not supposed to be an emo dance. Also hated the change in New York, New York in Nastia and Derek's dance. Also hated Derek.

I'm torn about Kym being back. She was one of my favorite pros back in the day, but she seems past her prime now. Maybe it's time for her to hang up the dancing shoes.

I loved Patti LaBelle. Carrie-Anne was right, she doesn't have to do much. Artem did a great job of making her look good without dumbing down the dance too much.

Suzanne Somers looks amazing for her age, but the leotard did her no favors. Not only was it unflattering, it also made her lack of hip action glaringly obvious.

Willow is adorable, but I agree that 14 is too young. If TPTB insists on having a teenage girl compete every season, they should have one of Mark's teenage students dance with her.

Robert/Michael/Chris were fun and I won't be mad if they stick around for a bit. Redfoo's dancing was underwhelming and I hope he takes the "personality" down a few notches.

I have mad respect for Noah, and I feel really bad saying this, but I didn't enjoy his dance. There just wasn't enough content for me. I hope he's able to do more when he gets the prosthetic arm. I could watch his kids cheer for him all day long though.

Loved Julianne's shade on Allison. It wasn't nice, but it was what a lot of people have been thinking.

• Love 2

As bad as the boob focus was, Charlotte is a huge improvement over Lolo. At that rate, Keo might make it to week two a couple of seasons from now.

That is a good point. As much as I don't enjoy Charlotte's particular sense of humor or personality, Lolo was really hard to watch because she seemed to have absolutely no sense of humor whatsoever. She seemed so crabby all the time. Even when she came back at the end of the season, she seemed so humorless and annoyed. I don't understand what she wanted to accomplish by even joining the show.

• Love 1

I hated the boob intro but Charlotte didn't write it or improvise it, the show foisted it on her.  Robert is humble, not a "hey, babe, see my JET!  See my FERRARI!" kind of guy.  The show is just pouring on the hyperbole, I guess thinking it's funny or we'll remember who people are or something.  

Was Cuban also with Kym?  Maybe he's playing cupid.  I like Kym and am happy to see her back.  But please no showmance.  

I too don't like the amputees.  If I have to listen to CA simper over one ever again, well, I DVR the show so I won't.