Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder why Phillip didn't do it. It would have been a nice 18th birthday present. But noooooo.... Timbits went up with BEST MAMA instead.

Phillip appears to me to be the most miserable kid of them all.  He may’ve not wanted to go.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Phillip appears to me to be the most miserable kid of them all.  He may’ve not wanted to go.

Timbits probably paid for the excursion, plus he drove a million hours to be with best Mama. It always amazes me that the Rodlets must include JillR in any fun activity, doesn’t matter what, she’s right in the middle. While Tessie or Sammer is left in charge of the little ones, you know Shrek isn’t going to be bothered.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Preacher Jill has a new Minute With Jill posted, and her topic is the LEWD behavior she saw on the FL beach. 🙄

Shrek and male rodbots got an eyeful of female form lol.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Timbits probably paid for the excursion, plus he drove a million hours to be with best Mama. It always amazes me that the Rodlets must include JillR in any fun activity, doesn’t matter what, she’s right in the middle. While Tessie or Sammer is left in charge of the little ones, you know Shrek isn’t going to be bothered.

Why Jill has to have fun! She is just one of the kids! They love having her along! 🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

but they want her to go on these activities, almost beg her. she repeatedly tells the girls she is their best friend. Also she must be along to police their looking at lewd people, because their faith is so weak they might look a second too long at other normally dressed people

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I don't normally frequent this thread but I came here when I heard NPR (All Things Considered) air some comments from Nathan (?) Bates (they said he was from Medic Corps and from Arkansas--not sure if Nathan is the right name as I try to avoid the Duggars' sweet friends). He said they were evacuating people and "doing intel." Sure.

If by "intel" he means where can they find the nearest air-conditioned restaurant and a place to charge his phone, then yes - they were definitely doing "intel."

13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Somebody had mentioned JillR should try cozying up to the Plaths for some fame. Well in addition to 3 out of the 4 oldest going mainstream, the 4 remaining girls at home, now wear pants. 

Is Welcome to Plathville worth a watch?  I did see the very first episode but the married boy creeped me right out, he reminded me of a ventriloquist's dummy.  But now I'm curious.

So based on the Rod's vacation home, their overflowing grocery carts, parasailing, and their other various activities, either Jill is blowing through her government childcare checks like Plexus through her intestines, or Nathan is busy selling a kidney and taking out a third mortgage on his trailer.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

That post reads like a world-class humblebrag, complete with photographs of complete devastation.  "Update from our team on the ground" makes them sound so very important.

I struggle with the fact that they seem to have plenty of time to craft social media posts in the midst of all of this.  Maybe this is what the world is now, but I feel like their primary reason for being there is so they can fly home and pat themselves on the back.

If you are really busy and are really there helping, then you don't have the time to brag about it. Go do the work that needs to be done. This is boasting and self importance. 

• Love 23
26 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If by "intel" he means where can they find the nearest air-conditioned restaurant and a place to charge his phone, then yes - they were definitely doing "intel."

Is Welcome to Plathville worth a watch?  I did see the very first episode but the married boy creeped me right out, he reminded me of a ventriloquist's dummy.  But now I'm curious.

So based on the Rod's vacation home, their overflowing grocery carts, parasailing, and their other various activities, either Jill is blowing through her government childcare checks like Plexus through her intestines, or Nathan is busy selling a kidney and taking out a third mortgage on his trailer.

I find it interesting only because I’ve been curious what life for a Duggar or Duggar-adjacent would be like if they ever escaped from the cult. I will say that Ethan is less like Kenneth Ellen Parcell now and has become very angry, conflicted, and sad because of his family’s estrangement. There’s a Welcome to Plathville forum, so I won’t keep derailing this one unless Jill parks her RV in the Plath’s yard. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

If you are really busy and are really there helping, then you don't have the time to brag about it. Go do the work that needs to be done. This is boasting and self importance. 

That's probably why there was no time to proof read this update.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

That post reads like a world-class humblebrag, complete with photographs of complete devastation.  "Update from our team on the ground" makes them sound so very important.

I struggle with the fact that they seem to have plenty of time to craft social media posts in the midst of all of this.  Maybe this is what the world is now, but I feel like their primary reason for being there is so they can fly home and pat themselves on the back.

12 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I assume someone back in the USA is crafting those posts based on pictures sent from Haiti.  It's a common practice done by charities like World Central Kitchen, but those organizations have more talented social media managers.  Charities do this so donors can see how their money is spent and to solicit more donations.  It sounds bad to us because the Medic Corps dudes just really suck at composing sentences.  They sound patronizing no matter what information they are trying to get across.  I keep on thinking about the language they used for their Philippines post and that colors how I read these.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

@laurakaye, Welcome to Plathville is an odd show. One I would often find myself turning away from due to secondhand embarrassment.

But lately, I find myself thinking this family was knowingly broken before the show, but sold themselves as a wholesome family working through struggles. Meaning the family themselves already knew what events were unfolding and waited to get this show before they let them fully unfold.

I suspect they left more fundiness behind them than they are showing, and are actually using the show to support getting two of their kids careers off the ground.

Or maybe its just me. Anyway the show is a bit of a train wreck.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Read the update with my computer on the ground. 

I guess as opposed to their team flying the plane?

• Love 2
On 8/18/2021 at 3:54 AM, whydoiwatch said:

Jill, perhaps the dog's breath is bad because its teeth need cleaned. Every time I see their dog it makes me mad. As a long time dachshund owner/lover, I know that dog is not getting the care it deserves. Many of my doxies have needed annual dental cleanings despite my brushing their teeth at home and being cautious about the food they ate.

The R children aren't properly cared for, so I hold no hope the dog is either. Jill is despicable and arrogant enough to flaunt her ignorance on social media constantly.

Fellow lifelong doxie owner!! Yessssss!!! Sorry, that made me excited. Most people realize that a breed that is somehow bred to have the worst health issues AND live 2 decades isn’t for them. Lol.

Edited by Enya Face
I can’t spell, I’m so sick ughhhhhh
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

"NATHAN BATES: We have two focuses. One is get critical patients out or potential critical patients like, you know, anyone who's high risk, if they have no access. Our next goal is we're collecting intel to know exactly how many people are on location, what their ages are, the demographics, so we can do supply drops."

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ozziemom said:

That’s just another characteristic of narcissism.  They have to be in the middle of EVERYTHING.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I assume someone back in the USA is crafting those posts based on pictures sent from Haiti.  It's a common practice done by charities like World Central Kitchen, but those organizations have more talented social media managers.  Charities do this so donors can see how their money is spent and to solicit more donations.  It sounds bad to us because the Medic Corps dudes just really suck at composing sentences.  They sound patronizing no matter what information they are trying to get across.  I keep on thinking about the language they used for their Philippines post and that colors how I read these.

My money is on Abbie crafting the posts.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

That helicopter is too small to transport a sick, paralyzed passenger.  At least not safely. It also cannot hold any supplies of significance. 

Do you mean - someone with paralyzation?

• LOL 17
10 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, it was a local group, but I wouldn't venture a guess at the exact name. 

I lived in Spokane at the time, and belonged to the group - I think that’s the name: Spokane Area Lost and Found Pets

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Do you remember Jill getting roasted? I remember seeing screenshots, and it was pretty brutal. I remember a mod complaining about all the traffic.

I didn’t learn about their missing dog until after it had been found, but at that time I scrolled back and located the post by the people who had found the dog. And I read some of the comments - there were many! IIRC the people who found the doggie had to keep him for several days because the Rods had gone on to Oregon for a vacation. Multiple commenters were telling them that the Rods are awful, and the people with the dog were a little defensive at first - I think they were overwhelmed at what they had stumbled into!

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1

I can't even imagine the shock of "I'm a normal person going throughout my day helping a lost dog" to finding out that the dog belongs to someone as unstable and unhinged as Jill. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3BA90B55-B8FB-41EF-AD4A-E18078A74E92.jpeg

77E315F9-F195-463D-A9B3-C4654050E26B.jpeg

Oh look. The couch pillow is on the floor. What considerate guests! The homeowners will SO enjoy resting their heads on it, with the infusion of a dozen stinky barefoot smells. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

No dog in the photo. I bet they leave her outside a lot. As well as neglecting her vet care. As discussed above, if Snuggles has stinky breath it's very likely because her mouth is a mess - tartar buildup on teeth, potential abscesses, etc. 

I fecking hate those people and I feel so sorry for their dog and their small children.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 13
20 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

No dog in the photo. I bet they leave her outside a lot. As well as neglecting her vet care. As discussed above, if Snuggles has stinky breath it's very likely because her mouth is a mess - tartar buildup on teeth, potential abscesses, etc. 

I fecking hate those people and I feel so sorry for their dog and their small children.

Well, if taking care of Snuggles becomes too much, they can always sell her in a yard sale to a stranger like they did their beloved cat. 

They'd probably sell a child or two except Jill and David need the kids for their singing tours. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, skatelady said:

Oh look. The couch pillow is on the floor. What considerate guests! The homeowners will SO enjoy resting their heads on it, with the infusion of a dozen stinky barefoot smells. 

That's the first thing I thought of, lol!  I hope they at least brushed it off before they put it back on the couch, if they even did that.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

The last girl on the right is sucking on a thumb or a blanket as usual 😞

That’s Janessa.  She’s 3, I think.  Her sister, Sofia, who is 6, is sitting beside her and she still sucks her thumb and carries around a security blanket too.  Imagine being 6-years-old and still needing to suck your thumb in order to soothe yourself.  These poor children are in a family that’s so unbelievably dysfunctional, and the reason for the dysfunction falls squarely on their batshit crazy mother and checked-out blob of a father.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I believe it's 10/22.

Ahem. That is *my* anniversary. Not having some fundie chump hijack it after 27 years…. I suppose we all share a date of some sort with one of these nitwits. 😒

• Love 5
20 hours ago, laurakaye said:

It's fundraising. How else will people be moved to support them with checks?