Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Of fucking course they are going to Haiti. Can't pass up the opportunity to have Chik-fil-hate flown in while posing with their firearms.

And to try to win some souls for Jesus. There are a lot of Catholics there. And don't forget Voodoo. 

• Love 6

I wonder if the Medi Corps Corps guys will actually set foot in Haiti.  Leaving Covid aside, Haiti is not the Bahamas.  The native language is not English and the political situation there is volatile.  I can totally see them assessing the situation and praying really hard about it and the decide not to travel there.  Of course, your generous donations will be kept and passed on to some other organization already on the ground in Haiti that believes in the correct Jesus.   

• Love 17

if they are assessing like they did in the bahamas they are looking for a building to take over for only themselves. one with electricity, a working bathroom and AC.

the pic from left JD, lawson, nathan, I think Andrew Patton, 2 other guys and then trace bates.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

But getting Covid will give them bragging rights.

If that's truly their mindset, I hope those know-nothing, self-aggrandizing a-holes also get ventilators for their trouble. 

They make me sick (pun not intended). 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I wonder if the Medi Corps Corps guys will actually set foot in Haiti.  Leaving Covid aside, Haiti is not the Bahamas.  The native language is not English and the political situation there is volatile.  I can totally see them assessing the situation and praying really hard about it and the decide not to travel there.  Of course, your generous donations will be kept and passed on to some other organization already on the ground in Haiti that believes in the correct Jesus.   

...used to by Medi Corps Corps to pretend to train for the next third-world disaster.

FIFY

• Love 8

Haiti is a whole different world. I remember about 10 or so years ago, there was a segment on some news show about Haitian children working the sugar cane fields in the Dominican Republic. It was not charming existence at all, all the kids had somewhere to sleep and food in their bellies in exchange for back breaking work. People would  go in get the kids out and send them home. The thing is Haiti is SO bad, the kids would go back as soon as they could. There is literally nothing in Haiti unless you have money and those that do are a small percentage. In all my times in DR, Haitians make up a large portion of the domestic work force as well. They are hard working and they are admired for it.

I also have a doctor friend who went there during the last earthquake. He can tell you how it is. They examined and performed surgery on doors taken off from buildings! He said how awful it was. If these bozos think they are going to head out there and eat Chik-fil-a and sit around in the a/c, they will get a rude awakening. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

If that's truly their mindset, I hope those know-nothing, self-aggrandizing a-holes also get ventilators for their trouble. 

They make me sick (pun not intended). 

They don’t deserve ventilators 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

...used to by Medi Corps Corps to pretend to train for the next third-world disaster.

FIFY

Yup, the guys really enjoyed the skydiving and would like to make it a regular part of the curriculum.

• Love 1

It pisses me off that these losers come in and make desperate people think they have something to offer. Other than flying someone out (where?), what can they do? They are basically Covid-spreading phonies in fancy t-shirts. 

They should recruit Timothy Rodrigues, another know-it-all, do-nothing male, with a heart for the "right" Jesus and a head full of shredded Bible tracts. 

• Love 24

And who are these weasles going to charge for air evacuations? Or supplies? I'm sure that's their business plan and that isn't going to work in a country like Haiti unless they are hanging out around luxury resorts waiting for desperate vacationers to pay anything to get home.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

And who are these weasles going to charge for air evacuations? Or supplies? I'm sure that's their business plan and that isn't going to work in a country like Haiti unless they are hanging out around luxury resorts waiting for desperate vacationers to pay anything to get home.

I'm not sure how many luxury resorts there are out there. I have yet to know anyone who went there for pleasure.

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 2

Question:  Were they asked to go to Haiti?  How are they getting money for "unloading boxes"?  Where are they getting the patients to transport?  Who gets chosen to be flown out?  Are they charging the people they fly somewhere?  Just how does their organization work?  I guess I have more than one question.  I would trust an established organization before some small group of unknowns.

• Love 23
1 minute ago, CalicoKitty said:

Question:  Were they asked to go to Haiti?  How are they getting money for "unloading boxes"?  Where are they getting the patients to transport?  Who gets chosen to be flown out?  Are they charging the people they fly somewhere?  Just how does their organization work?  I guess I have more than one question.  I would trust an established organization before some small group of unknowns.

edited to ask--Where is Jana?  Hasn't she been on other "missions"?

2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

It pisses me off that these losers come in and make desperate people think they have something to offer. Other than flying someone out (where?), what can they do? They are basically Covid-spreading phonies in fancy t-shirts. 

They should recruit Timothy Rodrigues, another know-it-all, do-nothing male, with a heart for the "right" Jesus and a head full of shredded Bible tracts. 

Timbot isn’t allowed to fart without mama’s permission. No way she will let him go to Haiti.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Timbot isn’t allowed to fart without mama’s permission. No way she will let him go to Haiti.

Yeah, but he still has a burden to become a missionary pilot. Here's his chance. Sort of. It's probably not what he has in mind. 

Medic Corps is a registered non-profit. How they managed this, I'm not sure. Anyway, whatever they decide to do with your donation, you can take it off your taxes. 

• Useful 2
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Yeah, but he still has a burden to become a missionary pilot. Here's his chance. Sort of. It's probably not what he has in mind. 

Medic Corps is a registered non-profit. How they managed this, I'm not sure. Anyway, whatever they decide to do with your donation, you can take it off your taxes. 

I just don't want to donate to their Chick Fil A fund. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Regarding the prayer picture, who is the heathen who took a picture of them while everyone else was praying instead of joining in the prayer? I guess they missed those verses in the Bible about not drawing attention to yourself when you pray. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

Regarding the prayer picture, who is the heathen who took a picture of them while everyone else was praying instead of joining in the prayer? I guess they missed those verses in the Bible about not drawing attention to yourself when you pray. 

on that topic, i have taken photos in church, but not during prayer. i am very unobtrusive about it. its just for the fb check-in feature. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

Lawson probably packed a tripod. 🙄 

Who took the picture of them offloading the Coast Guard chopper? 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, zoomama said:

on that topic, i have taken photos in church, but not during prayer. i am very unobtrusive about it. its just for the fb check-in feature. 

I'm going to tell on myself--I have sometimes looked around during group prayers because I find the social dynamics fascinating. I just really like to people watch. The one time I locked eyes with someone else who wasn't obviously praying, he got so visibly angry at being caught, though he never said anything to me about it. Probably because we had a little game of Mutually Assured Destruction going on. He couldn't admit that he'd seen me without admitting he wasn't participating. It was . . . an interesting moment I've often thought of. 

I never caught anyone looking so smug as the assholes in that group prayer picture, though, and I never pulled a Medic Corp and took pictures of said prayer. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 14

Let me make sure I have this straight:

It's enough of an emergency to send all of them flying off to Haiti, and yet, stable enough that they can all pause for a photo opportunity and a prayer?

• Love 14

Holy shit, Alyssa Bates is throwing some major shade at Erin.

Erin has been doing a build up on IG for some religious flash cards she's creating. Some for adults and an A - Z set for kids. Two sisters have also posted about them. Alyssa just put up in her IG stories an A - Z set of religious flashcards made by Abeka Homeschool.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

What are the odds that any of these white saviors speak any other languages than English? I'm pretty sure you have to at least know some French to get around on Haiti and English is not a main language but I could be wrong. 

Jana isn't there because she's got herself a man and doesn't have time for frivolous things like pretending to help brown people. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

He might fall prey to those Voodoo people who might turn him into a zombie!

Considering the number Best Momma has done on those kids, how would you ever tell if they'd been zombified?

• LOL 6
  • Love 6