Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I wonder how often the HUNK thinks about his sinful days and that demonic party. That was probably the last time he had fun! 

Now we know why Satan was hiding in the green bean can.  He just wanted to invite Jill to a demonic party. 😈

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, Normades said:

Now we know why Satan was hiding in the green bean can.  He just wanted to invite Jill to a demonic party. 😈

I think Satan just wanted to get out of the Rodriguii kitchen hell and get back to some sanity. 

• LOL 12
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

They’re singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame. I did not turn the sound on! 🤣

CE6A1852-F5E7-475D-8025-97A41D5DE282.jpeg

93BD0ACE-F654-47EA-9FC1-A36B7E508327.jpeg

Is that Kaylee or Renee in the pink shirt on the right?  She seemed over it.  Embarrassed. And yes, their clothes are really sad.  

• Love 5

Those pathetic outfits certainly aren't finding any suitors for the older girls.  Do the Rods ever go to group meetups like Big Sandy? Or are they counting on random church visits with free food to also provide husbands for the girls?

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Those pathetic outfits certainly aren't finding any suitors for the older girls.  Do the Rods ever go to group meetups like Big Sandy? Or are they counting on random church visits with free food to also provide husbands for the girls?

Big Sandy you have to pay? Rods like FREE. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Hell, if Nurie hadn't snared ANNA DUGGAR'S BROTHER, I doubt she would have been allowed to leave, either. 

• LOL 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

I was thinking that the older Not Nuries were looking better in those photos than other recent posts,  Around here, a lot of teens and young women wear those cotton knit skirts in the summer with a tee shirt.  Of course, they don't generally wear them to sporting events or color coordinate their looks so that they are wearing different shades of the same colors as their mother and other sisters, but those skirts look better to me than their heavy denim monstrosities or their 80's polyester promwear.

Big Sandy is for folks involved with ATI/Gothardism.  I don't think the Rodriguii are part of that specific sect.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Normades said:

Green bean can??  I somehow missed that story.  Please, do tell!

BTW, in case it hasn’t already been mentioned, JRod and Shrek have organized a church softball team.  You don’t want to miss hearing Jill and the girls bellowing “Take Me Out To The Ballgame”. 😣

• LOL 1

Jill probably tries to loudly and obnoxiously lead the team and spectators in some dramatic prayer before the game, between innings, and after the game.  She also probably further embarrasses her children by screaming “Praise Jesus!” whenever a good play is made.  In general I’m sure she makes a complete ass of herself at each game.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Tigregirl said:

Jill probably tries to loudly and obnoxiously lead the team and spectators in some dramatic prayer before the game, between innings, and after the game.  She also probably further embarrasses her children by screaming “Praise Jesus!” whenever a good play is made.  In general I’m sure she makes a complete ass of herself at each game.

I wonder if Shrek has ever told Jill to just STFU? (Not in those exact words, of course, but you get my drift.) 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

I doubt she knows the rules, so yeah, my bet is on total ass. 😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Big Sandy you have to pay? Rods like FREE. 

Yes,last time I checked,Ati was around $600/yr.No way is Jill going to hand that fee over.I doubt she even tips $1 for anything

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

She makes a complete ass of herself everywhere. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

If they were the cheerleaders at my church,I'd leave.They're just annoying and obnoxious.

Jill has even managed to take over the team now

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

I don't know how many actual spectators were here at the Fundie T-Ball World Series, but I know that watching just a few seconds of the world's worst rendition of Take Me Out to the Ballgame caused me to cringe so hard I think I hurt myself.  I can't imagine listening to it in person and having to smile and clap for the crazy lady and her waifish choir in order to get her to shut up and sit down.  I wonder if the game came to a complete standstill while they were caterwauling because I highly doubt that Jill waited for the appropriate time to burst into song.  She's a lunatic.

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That looks like it's the Chardon Polka Band.  I have heard them play and met them briefly.  Jill definitely did not hear any of the English lyrics of the songs they play.  They play the kind of polka that celebrates drinking, dancing and baby-making.  

Jill to 

Drinking: no

dancing: no

baby making: hubba hubba get back from the fridge at once

My womb is empty I need a baby friend 

• LOL 3

How did the Rod boys get those uniforms? The church must have paid for them. Even David got a shirt.

The long skirts on the cheer squad were probably polyester. The thrift store clothes Jill buys are outdated styles and fabrics.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, louannems said:

Any idea why Jill (in the car with her "girlies" has the music icon and the word meditation spelled wrong?

I'm guessing that is shorthand for the "I'm listening to" thing you can add to posts.  It may be picking it up from the metadata on her phone, and it is spelled wrong there.  I have a typo in one of my tracks that I've left in because it amuses me:  somehow Queen's "Princes of the Universe" ended up as "Princess of the Universe"  and if that ended up tagged in one of my SM posts, I'd probably get a lot of side eye for it.   Jill, on the  other hand probably doesn't notice things like that.  It could even be one of her own creations.  She's narcissistic enough to think everyone wants to listen to her all the time, even her own family. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That looks like it's the Chardon Polka Band.  I have heard them play and met them briefly.  Jill definitely did not hear any of the English lyrics of the songs they play.  They play the kind of polka that celebrates drinking, dancing and baby-making.  

OMG!  It IS the Chardon Polka Band!  Those guys are great.  Actual musical talent.  They are not some fly by night operation, but actual professional musicians who take pride in their music.  And aren't above having a little fun with it.  

They started playing together in high school, around 20 years ago, when the guy who plays the accordian decided he wanted to have a band.  They have played all around the country and made a bunch of CD's of polka faves.

How very condescending of Jill to praise the adequacy of their musical skills.  She wishes she had even 10% of their talent.

https://chardonpolkaband.com/

• Useful 1
  • Love 23

In his softball uniform, Philip (?) looks so much like Anthony Perkins in Fear Strikes Out. Many of the kids are very good looking, aside from the Dickensian waif with rickets thing.

image.png.b7c3767537d477fc06512aa8b0708f31.png

I had horrible nightmares about the Rodriguez family last night. It isn't the first time. The nightmares are always about the kids needing to be rescued, and (of course) not being able to help them. It is so strange having nightmares about strangers like this, but I guess this family just really unsettles me.

• Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2202B303-8F6F-4302-B164-24438621B34B.jpeg

Don’t they spend every day, all day, together? It’s not that special when you pretty much hold your children hostage and don’t let them interact with other people. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 17
45 minutes ago, rue721 said:

In his softball uniform, Philip (?) looks so much like Anthony Perkins in Fear Strikes Out. Many of the kids are very good looking, aside from the Dickensian waif with rickets thing.

I think that's Sam.  I've always thought he looked a lot like young Anthony Perkins.  I think he's the most handsome of the boys.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

It's like they spent time practicing their instruments instead of obsessing over God and Jesus...

Lol my brain went to x rated. Practicing instruments=masturbation 

I will see myself to the prayer closet.

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Normades said:

Also, right around that time she shared a story about people who sent a microphone into some deep hole and hearing the sounds of hell.  She also said that when the mic was retrieved, a small demon was holding onto the wire.  According to Jilly this was a serious news story and absolute gospel truth.

Then by that logic, one should be able to tie a microphone to a balloon and send it on up to hear the sounds of heaven, no? 😇🤔

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Then by that logic, one should be able to tie a microphone to a balloon and send it on up to hear the sounds of heaven, no? 😇🤔

You know what?  You're right.  I was so busy laughing at the story that I never stopped to apply logic.  Maybe Jilly could have the kids do this as a school project.  You know, fundie science class. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2202B303-8F6F-4302-B164-24438621B34B.jpeg

3ABCFB89-E633-4760-B9EA-D8AAB0630802.jpeg

Here’s one:

C04E968C-A6AF-4F4F-832A-97B52B5A4B11.jpeg

This makes me sad.  Our family plays in a church league.  I don't think JRod would approve.  It's CO-ED, my teen daughters play, and brewskis are often involved for the over 21 set.  LOL

I think it's so sad that the girls aren't allowed to even try sports.  :( 

1 hour ago, Normades said:

A few years ago, Nurie and David went on a mission to southern Africa (I can't remember which country) to convert them to the correct Jesus.  While he was gone, Satan was up to his tricks, causing Jilly all kinds of SEVERE problems such as cutting her finger while opening a can of green beans.  Also, right around that time she shared a story about people who sent a microphone into some deep hole and hearing the sounds of hell.  She also said that when the mic was retrieved, a small demon was holding onto the wire.  According to Jilly this was a serious news story and absolute gospel truth.  Somehow on the boards the little demon sort of was blamed for cutting Jilly's finger (SEVERELY) with the green bean can.  It was a funny story and I remember one poster did a great drawing of the green bean demon.  I wish I could post it because I loved it.  

Anyway, I now realize I've been reading these boards for a long time and probably remember more info from here than my job.  Maybe I need to get a life or maybe I can blame a green bean demon for my shortcomings.  

A pentecostal friend of mine called a green bean demon out of her son because he wouldn't eat green beans at Thanksgiving.  LOL.  She was mad at me when I told her she was crazy.  :/  Poor kid was the victim of a fake exorcism.  

Edited by Meow25
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 6/12/2021 at 10:45 AM, farmgal4 said:

On FB this morning JRod mentioned, again, the demonic party that Shrek attended before he found the Lord.  I would bet everything I own that there was no devil worshipping at that party.  There may have been some drinking and pot smoking, but she considers that demonic.    

My husband and I drank a few, smoked a joint and fell asleep watching 70s game shows last night. Sadly, we must have succumbed to our sins before Lucifer himself got to the party. No devil worship. Damn! 

• LOL 18
20 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

At least the girls have a chance to marry themselves away from Jill's compound . Her son's are severely f*cked . 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, lianau said:

At least the girls have a chance to marry themselves away from Jill's compound . Her son's are severely f*cked . 

Yeah, but it will be hard for the Not Nurie’s to find husbands now. Nurie snagged herself one of “Anna Duggar’s Brothers.” I know Nathan’s brother is his business partner and of marriageable age, but does he want to join the JillRod Circus after seeing it in action? Does ANY boy want to join the JillRod Circus??

• Love 8