Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill deleted this post! Probably due to comments saying that it looked better before she ruined it!!!

🤡😺👏

Wow. No one was mean or rude, they just gave their honest opinion. She really can't handle anything but praise.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Insert Username said:

Nooooo...that gorgeous antique needed nothing more than a good wipedown with dark Old English,  Her "refurbishing" looks like a child fingerpainted it.

That is some of the worst garden dirt I have ever seen. It really needed to be tilled and topsoil/fertilizer added. Literally one afternoon of work would have made a huge difference. Those plants are beyond stressed and will not produce anything.  She really does half-ass everything doesn't she?

She ruins everything, including the lives of her children.  

• Love 9
6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Looks like Jill got her hands dirty for once. I think her kids do 100% of cooking and cleaning. Jill hasn’t changed a diaper in a decade. 

939C3A95-76CE-44BA-9645-479C1162BDA0.jpeg

Don’t most people wear gloves when they’re distressing or, in Batshit Crazy’s case, ruining furniture?

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

What do we think this Rod boy's hat actually says? Because that looks like a terrible editing job?

Jill’s hateful nasty self explained in a post:

BA5BEB05-F8DE-4794-A16B-CF6B9A05DFC1.jpeg

7 hours ago, rue721 said:

Wow, they really didn’t know each other at all before the wedding! She didn’t even think he was interested in her, but he was already praying and talking to her dad about her — and then out of the blue, he asks her to be in a relationship? The whole thing sounds strange to me. I’m really glad that I didn’t get married to the first guy who had a crush on me.

I can’t imagine going into a marriage like this, although I’m sure that the men and women who go this route are too inexperienced in life to really understand why this is foolhardy or even how this is different from a love match or regular mainstream relationship/marriage.

That’s actually why I hate the parents for encouraging this. Their naive children think that as long as it’s a reasonable match they’ll grow into a happy relationship. Because they don’t know enough about relationships or even themselves to know better. The parents know more about life and know what a loveless, lonely lifelong trap they are likely leading their children into.

The parents did more than encourage it.  Allison had already gotten comments about her marriage being totally arranged by the parents, so she probably downplayed the parents involvement. They probably decided this was a good match and did everything they could make it happen. If her father had said no, she probably would never have known Jeremiah was interested. Fundie parents are overly controlling and need to get out of their adult  children's love lives.

• Love 5

Ha, ha. Jill spent HOURS getting the children's "homeschool port folio's" ready for a certified teacher to evaluate. 

I'm laughing sadly about this. Those kids know nothing, but Jill will bully or cheat to get a pass, or cry persecution if they don't.  Her children will still be woefully uneducated either way. 

Jill is scum. These children are nothing but slaves. 

• Love 21
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Wow. No one was mean or rude, they just gave their honest opinion. She really can't handle anything but praise.

And Jill asked did the cabinet look better before or after. People answered her question. Jill is an idiot who can’t handle the truth or any criticism. If she had to work she’d be fired daily. 

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

And Jill asked did the cabinet look better before or after. People answered her question. Jill is an idiot who can’t handle the truth or any criticism. If she had to work she’d be fired daily. 

A day in the life of a full-blown narcissist--a bulldozer of destruction. 

• Love 14
56 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Ha, ha. Jill spent HOURS getting the children's "homeschool port folio's" ready for a certified teacher to evaluate. 

I'm laughing sadly about this. Those kids know nothing, but Jill will bully or cheat to get a pass, or cry persecution if they don't.  Her children will still be woefully uneducated either way. 

Jill is scum. These children are nothing but slaves. 

Which “teacher” is going to review this work?  Cause if I did, Jill wouldn’t pass. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Which “teacher” is going to review this work?  Cause if I did, Jill wouldn’t pass. 

Can the teacher fail the kids because their mother has no business home-schooling them because she's a dumbass?

• Love 14

Didn't she and the kids cheat on one of these reviews or proficiency tests, maybe in WV? Jill will lie like crazy on the lesson plans and records, but there's no way to hide that these kids are way below grade level.  After all, they spend their time traveling in a van, singing in churches for food and money, weeding a rock garden, folding religious tracts and stuffing envelopes, and dusting BEST MOMMA's collectibles. The kids probably spend less than two months a year engaged in "school." 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Didn't she and the kids cheat on one of these reviews or proficiency tests, maybe in WV? Jill will lie like crazy on the lesson plans and records, but there's no way to hide that these kids are way below grade level.  After all, they spend their time traveling in a van, singing in churches for food and money, weeding a rock garden, folding religious tracts and stuffing envelopes, and dusting BEST MOMMA's collectibles. The kids probably spend less than two months a year engaged in "school." 

More like 2 weeks of school a year 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Can the teacher fail the kids because their mother has no business home-schooling them because she's a dumbass?

Unfortunately, no. Parents don’t “own” their kids. We as a society should be ensuring them the right to a quality education as citizens of the US. It’s shameful.

• Love 14
(edited)
4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Its funny but very sad that our society allows kids to be “educated” this way.

It truly is.I grew up in a time when a truancy officer would be knocking on your door within a few days absence,wanting to know why your child wasn't in school.At least the gov't cared about whether kids back then got a decent education,and ensured they did get one.Jmo

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 9
44 minutes ago, sondraK said:

It truly is.I grew up in a time when a truancy officer would be knocking on your door within a few days absence,wanting to know why your child wasn't in school.At least the gov't cared about whether kids back then got a decent education,and they ensured they did get one.Jmo

It should be every child’s RIGHT.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

There were issues with two or three of the kids' "port folios" last year. I think two got caught cheating somehow, and others were incomplete.

• Useful 6
  • Love 9
(edited)

Hey Jill, God hates liars. 

Homeschoolers in Ohio no longer need to submit test scores or portfolio reviews for the 2020-2021 school year. HB 67, signed into law on March 20, updates previous COVID-19 legislation waiving the academic assessment requirement for families homeschooling pursuant to O.A.C. 3301-34. 

Here's the official announcement.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 11
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

If it took HOURS for Jill to assemble what was needed (or not actually needed as noted above), that’s her problem. Keeping records current isn’t hard if you’re actually DOING the work to begin with, IMO.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Those kids are too young to be working independently as well. Why isn't Jill checking off the needed boxes and putting the required work in folders as its done?

• Love 17
11 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Again, a case of arrested development. Emotionally, she is a pouting teenager who gets mad when things don't go her way. 

• Love 15

I should have been prepared for the grammatical atrocity of Jill's post after port folio's, but the Joy's Boys is a bridge too far.  It's making my brain hurt.  Jill, sweetie, if you are reading this board, the team's name can be either The Joy Boys, or Joy's Boys but it cannot be what you typed.  What you typed is an abomination of the English language.

billy madison idiot GIF

• LOL 15
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

The Joy Boys sound like an exotic dance team, coming to a strip club near you soon! 

7 minutes ago, Heathen said:

A gay strip club, no less. 

I had that thought while typing out my post.  I really was going for grammatically correct, the innuendo is a bonus.  I imagine the Joy Boys looking akin to the Pit Crew from Drag Race.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Homeschoolers in Ohio no longer need to submit test scores or portfolio reviews for the 2020-2021 school year. HB 67, signed into law on March 20, updates previous COVID-19 legislation waiving the academic assessment requirement for families homeschooling pursuant to O.A.C. 3301-34. 

http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Ohio-Education-Options/Home-Schooling

Gee our godly Christian perfect Jilldo lying??? Yes she does . I hate her so much. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

image.png.ee4247d4aa1cfe8b750ec05477441994.png

Even "men's church's softball team" is a mess, implying that the men have their own church.  It should be church's men's softball team.

Does the church have a women's softball team? Seems weird that she wouldn't just say, "the church softball team, Joy's Boys." Maybe it's some stupid Jender Role$ nonsense that I'm better off not thinking about.

This port folio bullshit makes me so mad, because if Jill is acting like it's such a chore to spend a few hours working with the kids to finish their "port folios" then what are the odds that she ever bothers to spend a few hours actually teaching them? It's like a big flashing neon sign that Jill doesn't want to spend ANY time on the kids' education.

That's on top of the "port folios" themselves probably being total lies, considering she didn't even bother looking up the requirements for this year and they've gotten in trouble before for cheating.

These kids deserve so much better. Really troubling.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I should have been prepared for the grammatical atrocity of Jill's post after port folio's, but the Joy's Boys is a bridge too far.  It's making my brain hurt.  Jill, sweetie, if you are reading this board, the team's name can be either The Joy Boys, or Joy's Boys but it cannot be what you typed.  What you typed is an abomination of the English language.

billy madison idiot GIF

It's "Joy's Boys" after Joy Baptist Church. Stupid name.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I hate her.

Even Jesus would probably agree with you .

52 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

image.png.ee4247d4aa1cfe8b750ec05477441994.png

Even "men's church's softball team" is a mess, implying that the men have their own church.  It should be church's men's softball team.

Any church Jill would consider a real church is a men's church . 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Speaking of arrested development @libgirl2, Jill is the head cheerleader and captain of the squad. She secretly wishes she could have pompons, wear a cute outfit with a short skirt, and be tossed in the air and caught by some young men. 

Too bad, Jill. That ship never had a chance of sailing. It's been at the bottom of the harbor for decades.  

I'm delighted that Cheerleader Jill spent time making phony "port folio's" she didn't need. That project turned out as well as the ruined antique cabinet. 

It was a bad week for poor Jilly. Her next photo will be Hulk and Jill dining out to cheer her up. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It's "Joy's Boys" after Joy Baptist Church. Stupid name.

It really is a stupid name.  I am wasting too much time figuring out the mental gymnastics on the name.  It feels wrong mixing The with a possessive.  The Joy Baptist Church Boys feels more correct.  The possessive feels unnecessary.  For professional teams and even college teams there is never a possessive--Cleveland Indians, The Ohio State University Buckeyes, etc.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

It was a bad week for poor Jilly. Her next photo will be Hulk and Jill dining out to cheer her up. 

It's almost Father's day so a good opportunity for Hunk to take Jill out. Because even Father's day will be about Jill.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Here's the official announcement.

I seem to recall that Jill was in trouble with W Va shortly before they decided to move because several of the kids were caught cheating on the testing that they needed to do to move to the next grade level.  Maybe, despite her efforts to run away, school authorities in Ohio were informed of the issues from last year and Jill was required to report even though other homeschoolers weren't?

Or, maybe faced with the fact that her kids apparently got no credit for the preceding school year due to being cheaters; she just didn't want to lose another year of homeschooling since she likes to pretend that she is preparing her sons, at least, for higher education.  Timbits couldn't have failed at one four year and 2 community colleges if she didn't have some sort of certificate pretending he actually had completed high school level classes.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2