Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

How did Kaylee and Renee come up with $90 to buy that mixer? Is the lopsided earring business on Etsy doing that well?

And other than for making whipped cream to smear all over the Hulk, why does Jill need a kitchen appliance anyway? 

Maybe it's second hand and they got it for a bargain at a thrift store or rummage sale?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

🤮🤢🤮

Why do you hate us so? 

3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

And other than for making whipped cream to smear all over the Hulk, why does Jill need a kitchen appliance anyway? 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Maybe it's second hand and they got it for a bargain at a thrift store or rummage sale?

Rummage sales are for the gifts Jill gives. She expects new stuff for herself. 

6 minutes ago, Heathen said:

🤮🤢🤮

Why do you hate us so? 

Consider it training for employment in a group home for abandoned narcissists. 

• LOL 9
20 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

How did Kaylee and Renee come up with $90 to buy that mixer? Is the lopsided earring business on Etsy doing that well?

And other than for making whipped cream to smear all over the Hulk, why does Jill need a kitchen appliance anyway? 

I’m thinking Jill gave them the $ to buy it for her. I doubt her kids have $1 in their pocket. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What era would y'all place this picture in?

image.png.e1e804740a53f7a51477c3b719b32f8d.png

Could be the 70’s but pretty sure this is Erin and Chad’s kids, so 2021. Looks like they are adding baby animals to the family since no more babies.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Could be the 70’s but pretty sure this is Erin and Chad’s kids, so 2021. Looks like they are adding baby animals to the family since no more babies.

Can't fool anyone on here. You and @Heathen are right, they're the Bates kids.

I honesty thought the pic looked Walton's era - '30s or '40s.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Yes,and I also suspect Erin is jealous of Alyssa's nice, big Fl  home and  nice pool,and the fact she can have more kids,so she tries to make up for it by pushing the farm life.Erin has 4 kids in one bedroom,and 1 bath for the whole family.Erin doesn't seem to interact with Alyssa much,if at all? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I know Alyssa said that because of all the sickness she has throughout  pregnancy,she wasn't having any more kids.But she and John both said they wanted a boy,so I suspect a future pregnancy may happen.Jmo

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Yes,and I also suspect Erin is jealous of Alyssa's nice, big Fl  home and  nice pool,and the fact she can have more kids,so she tries to make up for it by pushing the farm life.Erin has 4 kids in one bedroom,and 1 bath for the whole family.Erin doesn't seem to interact with Alyssa much,if at all? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I know Alyssa said that because of all the sickness she has throughout  pregnancy,she wasn't having any more kids.But she and John both said they wanted a boy,so I suspect a future pregnancy may happen.Jmo

It seems Erin and Alyssa are not close. Josie and Carlin are not close either.

I agree they'll try at least one more time for a boy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

It seems Erin and Alyssa are not close. Josie and Carlin are not close either.

I agree they'll try at least one more time for a boy.

Seems like Erin is closer to Tori and Carlin, Josie and Katie are close, Alyssa said she was closest to Carlin and Katie. Apparently no one is close to Michael. Unless they need a babysitter.

And Alyssa has said 4 is enough but since it’s up to god, she could have another baby.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I just watched the recent show. Michaela and her husband were visiting Zach and Whitney and said that she and Zack had always been very close.

Doesn't hurt that Michael brought the entire meal. 🙄

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

This baby may likely be Christina’s last. But I wouldn’t be surprised if she and Jill R. had one more live birth. 

Bringing this from Joe & Kendra's thread.

I don't think Jillrod really wants another baby. She nursed Janessa for almost 3 years and I do think she's smart enough to know her fertility really plummets after her 40s. She may have wanted one to coincide with Nurie, but since that's not going to happen, I don't think she's actively trying. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Bringing this from Joe & Kendra's thread.

I don't think Jillrod really wants another baby. She nursed Janessa for almost 3 years and I do think she's smart enough to know her fertility really plummets after her 40s. She may have wanted one to coincide with Nurie, but since that's not going to happen, I don't think she's actively trying. 

But doesn’t Jesus love her the most?

I expected another baby to overshadow the Nurthan spawn. After all,  nobody... NOBODY takes the spotlight off of JillRod!

Edited by Westiepeach
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

I'm guessing it may take Jill longer to get pregnant now,but it doesn't mean it isn't possible.

My mil had twins at age 40,my husb. at age 45 and his brother at age 46.It does happen

Janessa is 3. That means Jill had her at 39. Her fertility had slowed over the past decade or so, having kids every OTHER year, rather than the long run of Irish what, octuplets? I think there's still one more to come. Nothing rational to base this on, just a gut feeling.

• Useful 2
42 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Janessa is 3. That means Jill had her at 39. Her fertility had slowed over the past decade or so, having kids every OTHER year, rather than the long run of Irish what, octuplets? I think there's still one more to come. Nothing rational to base this on, just a gut feeling.

And what a miracle that will be! I could see JillR announcing a pregnancy right after Nurie delivers her baby. That would deflect from her being a grandma and prove she was still young. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I think I have the recipe.

3 cups hummingbird food (the red kind), 1/4 cup pink Plexus powder, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons wrinkled blueberries, 2 canned peach slices, any biscuits Shrek didn't eat at dinner, and homemade whipped cream from new mixer. 

Makes two servings. 

🤢😨🤮🤣. Sounds equal parts perfect and nauseating, depending on one's perspective. I wish I didn't find this "recipe" so convincing...

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I didn’t know whether to put this in Small Talk or Sweet Fellowship, but because it does have something in common with our dear JillRod, I put it here.  (Mods, please let me know if it’s not ok).

Last night, I was reading one of my favorite supermarket checkout magazines—not the celebrity gossip ones—you know, this is the one with a different diet on the cover each week.  I came to a story about a woman who claimed that she made $40,000 a year selling “nutritional supplements “ that contained incredible ingredients that “solved” her gut health problems.  She also gets “generous commissions and bonuses “, and is now an “ambassador” for this company, so she can share this product line with others.

I leave it to your imagination to come up with the product name (don’t think I can name it here—can I?}

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Seems like Erin is closer to Tori and Carlin, Josie and Katie are close, Alyssa said she was closest to Carlin and Katie. Apparently no one is close to Michael. Unless they need a babysitter.

And Alyssa has said 4 is enough but since it’s up to god, she could have another baby.

I remember someone saying years ago that Alyssa and Michael were close, which seemed likely because Michael refused to be a bridesmaid for Erin but did it for Alyssa. 

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I remember someone saying years ago that Alyssa and Michael were close, which seemed likely because Michael refused to be a bridesmaid for Erin but did it for Alyssa. 

I never got the impression that Erin and Michael were close back then, or ever for that matter. Aside from strict fundamentalism, they have nothing in common.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

BA42EA45-58FF-47E1-80F4-2CC58CB77847.jpeg

Oh my goodness, they're in their own backyard. Even long shorts and a T would be better than what they're wearing, never mind maybe a modest swimsuit.

• Love 11
(edited)

One tiny swimming pool for all those kids? My singleton has a bigger one all for herself and it wasn't that expensive. It can't be fun to be wearing wet, clingy layers of clothing but if you don't know any better it could be fun I guess. 

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, galaxygirl76 said:

One tiny swing pool for all those kids? My singleton has a bigger one all for herself and it wasn't that expensive. It can't be fun to be wearing wet, clingy layers of clothing but if you don't know any better it could be fun I guess. 

Those girls probably didn't give ThE BEst MOMMA EvER any presents so they got the pool they deserved. Probably. 

• Love 1

They're swimming in their clothes! What the heck???? I think the Rod parents, with all of their stimulus checks, could have done a better job with a 'pool' for their underprivileged children...like a real, filtered 4 foot above ground one. More than sad to say the least. Those wet clothes shows just how skinny and undernourished those children are under those ugly rags.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, floridamom said:

They're swimming in their clothes! What the heck???? I think the Rod parents, with all of their stimulus checks, could have done a better job with a 'pool' for their underprivileged children...like a real, filtered 4 foot above ground one. More than sad to say the least. Those wet clothes shows just how skinny and undernourished those children are under those ugly rags.

You mean like this one? Target seems to have frequent sales on it:

https://thekrazycouponlady.com/2021/03/09/intex-above-ground-pool-only-46-at-target?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=703075&utm_subscriberid=258563318

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, queenanne said:

There are so many inexpensive options out there, and, since Jill won't let her kids in a public pool without being covered head to toe, wouldn't it be a nice option for her kids to wear regular swimsuits, or even modest ones, in the backyard where no one can see them?  It was just the little girls, are they not allowed to see one another's shoulders and knees?  Have they never taken a bath together?  Undressed in their junk filled bedroom in front of each other?  Why do they need to be fully dressed to hop in a baby pool in the back yard?  The only one besides Jill who can see them is Jesus, and He does not approve.

9 hours ago, ozziemom said:

And what a miracle that will be! I could see JillR announcing a pregnancy right after Nurie delivers her baby. That would deflect from her being a grandma and prove she was still young. 

I have no doubt Jill is praying for this as we speak.  Being a Grandma isn't attention grabbing enough for our Jill.  Having her own baby who is YOUNGER than her grandchild?  Having people mistake Jill and Nurie as sisters since they will have kids about the same age?  That's Jill's sweet spot.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

wouldn't it be a nice option for her kids to wear regular swimsuits, or even modest ones, in the backyard where no one can see them

But everyone can see them, cuz Mama is posting their photos for the world to see.

She could at least throw in some soap so the children could get a bath, since they clearly don't do that often. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

My son had a kiddie pool like that when he was around 2. If it were just Janessa it woulde be passable.... gives them a chance to cool off and play in water. That pool looks so pathetic for those kids. Get a bigger pool Jill! Or turn on the sprinkler and let them run through it. 

• Love 15

I think Josie and Carlin are closer than it appears.  I have seen photos of Willow and Layla together, shopping at Target.  Josie appears to put more time into her business than Carlin does, but they don’t live too far apart, IIRC. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

If Jilly can't grift a pool for the family then she doesn't want it. 

Maybe she is hoping someone will see the post of the kids crowded into that tiny pool and be led by God to donate a much bigger one.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I think Josie and Carlin are closer than it appears.  I have seen photos of Willow and Layla together, shopping at Target.  Josie appears to put more time into her business than Carlin does, but they don’t live too far apart, IIRC. 

Are Josie and Tori close since their husbands are besties? I think Bobby works for Kelton but not sure. Carlin is part of the BSB so not sure how much work she actually does. Josie seems to really put a lot of time and effort into her business.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, floridamom said:

Oh pul-ease. That would take money away from Bestest Mama Eveh. Mama NEEDS more crap to fill the barndo, as well as the creepy (LOL! Autocorrect corrected “creepy” to “crappy” ~ dying here!) garden! It is ALL ABOUT MAMA!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2