Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Isn't "Smoosh - Smoosh" what the alien Amazonian women wanted to do with the guys from the Planet Express crew. I think Snooki wanted to "Smush - Smush" on South Park though the "ignorant" comment reminds me of South Park's Michael Jackson.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Erin's Instagram post concluded with:  "Please pray for us as we continue to pursue answers".  I'm not sure that means they are concerned about another pregnancy, but rather they just want to know what caused the problem, and how to fix it.

She is not even 30 yet.  It makes perfect sense that the doctors would want to leave a part of an ovary to prevent premature menopause.  That can cause a whole slew of issues, including osteoporosis, heart disease, an increased risk for dementia, and an earlier death. To me that is a much bigger cause for worry than shutting down the baby train.  

Question for @doodlebug: if the doctors removed her Fallopian tubes would the remaining partial ovary stand a better chance of remaining healthy and continuing to produce hormones?

The other question I have is if Chad has been caring for her all day, does that mean he is not working, and how are they managing?  He is self-employed so if he isn't working there is no money coming in. One would think that Kelly would go over to help so Chad could keep working but we all know that is highly unlikely.  I assume they got the latest stimulus payment which, with 4 kids would come to $3600, but that would not last long.  Maybe they have been saving for a house and have a nest egg, and I guess there is some money coming in from the boutique, but that has to be a big concern, not to mention possible medical bills. Even if they have insurance it doesn't cover everything.

As much as I disagree with these folks on a whole host of issues, this is a very sad situation and I only wish them the best.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Erin's Instagram post concluded with:  "Please pray for us as we continue to pursue answers".  I'm not sure that means they are concerned about another pregnancy, but rather they just want to know what caused the problem, and how to fix it.

She is not even 30 yet.  It makes perfect sense that the doctors would want to leave a part of an ovary to prevent premature menopause.  That can cause a whole slew of issues, including osteoporosis, heart disease, an increased risk for dementia, and an earlier death. To me that is a much bigger cause for worry than shutting down the baby train.  

Question for @doodlebug: if the doctors removed her Fallopian tubes would the remaining partial ovary stand a better chance of remaining healthy and continuing to produce hormones?

The other question I have is if Chad has been caring for her all day, does that mean he is not working, and how are they managing?  He is self-employed so if is isn't working there is no money coming in. One would think that Kelly would go over to help so Chad could keep working but we all know that is highly unlikely.  I assume they got the latest stimulus payment which, with 4 kids would come to $3600, but that would not last long.  Maybe they have been saving for a house and have a nest egg, and I guess there is some money coming in from the boutique, but that has to be a big concern, not to mention possible medical bills. Even if they have insurance it doesn't cover everything.

As much as I disagree with these folks on a whole host of issues, this is a very sad situation and I only wish them the best.

Other than some care and support when she was experiencing the pain and bleeding from the fibroids, I'm guessing her surgeries didn't require much care beyond a day or two, if they were done laparoscopically. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Other than some care and support when she was experiencing the pain and bleeding from the fibroids, I'm guessing her surgeries didn't require much care beyond a day or two, if they were done laparoscopically. 

That makes sense, but in her Instagram post she talked about him waiting on her hand and foot all day and night, cooking, doing laundry, dishes, mopping, and playing with the kids.  Sounds like he has been home, but maybe the poor guy puts in a full day and then comes home to all that.  Who knows?

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

That makes sense, but in her Instagram post she talked about him waiting on her hand and foot all day and night, cooking, doing laundry, dishes, mopping, and playing with the kids.  Sounds like he has been home, but maybe the poor guy puts in a full day and then comes home to all that.  Who knows?

Erin is the queen of the humble brag when it comes to Chad. I don't doubt he's great, but I'm sure she's had help from Tabitha and Michaela, and it wouldn't surprise me if Chad's mother came down as well. 

• Love 13

My coworker had what sounds like a similar health crisis this summer. I know basically nothing about medicine, but from what I understood, a fibroid or cyst ruptured in my coworker's ovary, which ruptured the ovary. Since an organ ruptured in her body, the health effects were very dangerous and she was very ill for weeks. Couldn't return to work for over a month because she literally couldn't sit up in a chair for much time at all. They initially tried to salvage the ovary and put it back into her body, but about six weeks later, just after she returned to work, she suffered complications and had to go to the hospital, and I think at that point they removed it. Anyhow, it sounds like Erin had a similar and perhaps even more dangerous health event (since she was also sick with Covid and it involved both ovaries). I would assume that she's probably downplaying the seriousness on social media, if anything, because it's scary and these aren't people who are great at confronting negative feelings and problems head on.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Erin is the queen of the humble brag when it comes to Chad. I don't doubt he's great, but I'm sure she's had help from Tabitha and Michaela, and it wouldn't surprise me if Chad's mother came down as well. 

Very true, I'm sure.  But we all know whose mother didn't drop everything and come down to help. 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
26 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

And a major drama queen too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Very true, I'm sure.  But we all know whose mother didn't drop everything and come down to help. 🙄

LOL, Kelly has much better things to do, like following Nathan and Lawson around screaming "When are you gonna pop the question?!?"

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

No, the ovary isn't affected by the presence or absence of the tubes, other than the fact that, the more extensive surgery that is performed, the more likely that blood flow to the ovaries will be affected and ovaries with decreased blood flow may cease functioning sooner than ovaries which haven't been compromised.  

I personally offer to remove the tubes every time I do a tubal ligation but am less enthusiastic about doing so in women 30 or under, just in case they change their mind and want a tubal reversed.  Obviously, if the tubes are removed, there's no way to reverse that.

• Useful 8
  • Love 3
On 2/7/2021 at 10:36 PM, YupItsMe said:

It hasn’t been “her” choice. They’ve been leaving it up to God. Maybe this is his way of saying that’s enough.

She's certainly not leaving her hair color up to god. Hypocrite. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

Could Erin's ovarian problems be caused by Covid? Just asking,as my dd is 30 and hasn't had kids yet,but does still want them.She hasn't had the virus,and hopefully she won't catch it.Thx for any thoughts

Edited by sondraK
23 hours ago, sondraK said:

I agree

It sounds like maybe the virus attacked Erin's ovaries? Idk a lot about it,so just guessing.

I wonder if they would consider ivf,if they have the money? I'm not sure they could grift for it;fundies don't like ivf.

But maybe if they want it enough,Chad and Erin would consider ivf? I wish Michaela and Brandon would.Seems it's the only way they could get a baby

I don't think COVID caused the cysts, but who knows? I'm also confused as to why you quoted me. 

As for IVF, I wouldn't give them money. 

32 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I don't think COVID caused the cysts, but who knows? I'm also confused as to why you quoted me. 

As for IVF, I wouldn't give them money. 

I put your last sentence in italics,and said "I agree"

I wouldn't give them anything either,but the Bates have a lot of fans,and if they did a fundraiser,they might do very well with it

Edited by sondraK
6 minutes ago, sondraK said:

I put your last sentence in italics,and said "I agree"

I wouldn't give them anything either,but the Bates have a lot of fans,and if they did a fundraiser,they might do very well with it

okay, I didn't see the highlighted part. 

1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Nurie's eyebrows are back to pencil thin and the amount of makeup on her face has tripled. She has the rictus grin too. Nurie looks so much better when Best Momma isn't around. 

I noticed that grin right away.  It's sad to see it after seeing her look so genuinely happy.  It makes me feel even worse for her siblings who are stuck at home with little to no chance of escape. 

• Love 4

Thanks @ginger90. I love St. Augustine and hate to think of Jill  sullying that beautiful place. But if she has to be there, a reptile house is the perfect place for her. She should feel right at home with those cold blooded creatures. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Nurie's eyebrows are back to pencil thin and the amount of makeup on her face has tripled. She has the rictus grin too. Nurie looks so much better when Best Momma isn't around. 

I noticed this right away, too. I wonder if Nurie loses weight every time best mama ever comes to visit? I wonder how Nathan really feels about these visits? Not that he would ever complain or say anything. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, sondraK said:

Could Erin's ovarian problems be caused by Covid? Just asking,as my dd is 30 and hasn't had kids yet,but does still want them.She hasn't had the virus,and hopefully she won't catch it.Thx for any thoughts

I haven't seen any reports of COVID interfering with fertility.  There are quite a few reports that, like the flu, pregnant woman are more likely to have complications and that premature birth is more common in women battling severe COVID.

2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

such a great time that 3 of the 4 are holding phones....

And we cannot see the arms of the 4th one, so it could be unanimous.

• Love 12

Didn't someone say that world's best mama would insert herself into Nurie's marriage every time she possibly could? Well, whomever it was, was right. Nurie and Nathan have barely been home from visiting at Christmas again, and they get her.....the rest of them, too, but mostly her.

Edited by beckie
  • Love 10
45 minutes ago, Temperance said:

The Bates now have 15 grandchildren with 3 more due in June. 

The Duggar kids better get to procreating. The Bateseseses are catching up quickly. 

By my count, which admittedly might be off because I don't pay close attention: 

Six -- Smuggar

One -- John 

Two -- Jill

Three -- Jessa

Two -- Jinger

Three -- Joseph

One -- Josiah

Two -- Joy (three if counting Annabelle -- not discussing that inclusion or any miscarriages) 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

The Duggar kids better get to procreating. The Bateseseses are catching up quickly. 

By my count, which admittedly might be off because I don't pay close attention: 

Six -- Smuggar

One -- John 

Two -- Jill

Three -- Jessa

Two -- Jinger

Two, soon to be Three 

One -- Josiah

Two -- Joy (three if counting Annabelle -- not discussing that inclusion or any miscarriages) 

Using Heathen's numbers, the Duggars have 19 grand kids and Joseph's third will make 20. 

The Bates have 15 grandchildren with 3 more babies due in June on the way.

However the Duggars seem overdue for pregnancy announcements, and the Bates have fewer couples to announce a new blessing. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Oh, thank God the Duggars are winning against the Bates’sssssss in the grandchildren game. 🙄

Personally, I hope all Duggar and Bateseseses swimmers stop swimming. It would be ok with me if the constant reproducing of more little bigots stopped right now. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, drafan said:

Did they climb the fence to get in?

Admission is $26.99 for 12 and up. $15.99 under 12.

Probably left the kids in the van.

I'm sure they're all so happy to have Nathan as a son-in-law. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I’m sure The Most Godly Son-In-Law Nathan picked up the tab... 

Poor Nathan already spent a lot on those grifters during Christmas. It’s a pipe dream but I wish Nathan would save their money for their future brood. How much money can the guy make? 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Poor Nathan already spent a lot on those grifters during Christmas. It’s a pipe dream but I wish Nathan would save their money for their future brood. How much money can the guy make? 

I'm guessing the Rods are draining whatever savings Nathan has.He had awhile to be single and save.

I hope they don't end up with a large brood.I really thought Nurie would be pregnant by now

Edited by sondraK
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, crazy8s said:

It appears the Bates sisters boutique LLC has been made inactive or dissolved per Tennessee SOS. It sort of looks like they didn't file the yearly paperwork. Imagine that....

Maybe Whitney and other helpers finally got tired of doing all the work? 

• Love 2