Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I actually think just the one is not enough. If they are going to claim to be working to "spread the word", they should at least pretend to work. Have different tracts for different places, for different groups of people, at least put a bit of effort into it. Basically he loads reams of paper into the printer, hits start, and is done. He's taken the laziest way humanly possible. I'm an Atheist and just throw any tracts I'm given away and I don't want to hear the spiel, but they could at the bare minimum put more effort into the "job" than my cats do in trying to climb into the fridge while I'm tying to get out my breakfast. 

I noticed you used two dirty words in your second sentence. 

• LOL 18
23 hours ago, awaken said:

So is it just that one smiley face tract that david makes billions of copies of?  Or does he have a whole repertoire of things he prints?  Cuz they only seem to show that one tract. 

I think it’s just the one.

19 minutes ago, sixlets said:

This is not what "social distancing" means Jill.  Are you seriously THAT stupid?  Nevermind, I answered my own question.

This is social distancing Fundie style.  Because their God will protect their own fucking stupidity. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

JillR (and many others) just don't get it.

Sally went to visit Dick and Jane. Dick then went home. Dick's parents stopped to buy wine before a dinner party. The host of the party went to work the next day.

Guess what, Dick was sick. Now Sally's, Jane's and Dick's families, friends, school and workplaces have been exposed, as well as the folks in the package store.

All because Sally, Dick and Jane were social distancing "with close friends".

But I guess that's okay, because Jesus.

• Love 24
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Sally went to visit Dick and Jane. Dick then went home. Dick's parents stopped to buy wine before a dinner party. The host of the party went to work the next day.

Guess what, Dick was sick. Now Sally's, Jane's and Dick's families, friends, school and workplaces have been exposed, as well as the folks in the package store.

I've seen this with people, too, who otherwise are smarter than Jill. It's like they think people know they won't have it, and they're only in danger from some random stranger. It's absurd! 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, charmed1 said:

They look like the Donner Party in that last photo.

Bahahahahaha So true! I think I'd rather take my chances with the Donner party. 😆

• Love 5

Are they in Ohio? Are there rules about that there? Around here that's $300-$1,000 worth of fines (Group of more than 5, less than 2m apart, using closed park to socialize instead of solo exercise). That's of course not touching how those malnourished kids will make it when (I don't think it's an if with their behaviour) they catch it. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe it's a reading comprehension problem. 

Because in some of those pictures, there's nothing you could remotely call "distancing."

But Churchie, they were in the woods. 🤦‍♀️

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

"nice people don't get icky diseases like coronavirus."

13 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Social distancing... I don’t think it means what you think it means, Jillybean.   That’s now how it works, that’s not how any of this works.  🤦🏼‍♀️

Inconceivable!! You never mess with a fundamentalist when death is on the line!

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I saw this on a cousin's FB page and it applies to the Rods and everyone else who still doesn't get it:

92458517_10103041994246459_6790816866659991552_n.thumb.jpg.8d6cfdbba793d76437184730a05c2e79.jpg

This also means getting together with them in the woods. If you don't live with them, you can't see them closer than six feet apart. PERIOD.

According to Conan O’Brian, the current recommended distance is one James Comey or four Kevin Harts.

• LOL 19
  • Love 1

True confession: when I see those little pamphlets, I throw them away. They’re always stuck in the elevators at the hospital. I am Christian, but the little pamphlets bother me so much! I don’t think they are left with the intent of being helpful or comforting. They are left so someone can tick a box and feel good about themselves without actually helping anyone.

In case you think I am a monster, sometimes I bring them home and compost them 😉

• LOL 12
  • Love 12
35 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

True confession: when I see those little pamphlets, I throw them away. They’re always stuck in the elevators at the hospital. I am Christian, but the little pamphlets bother me so much! I don’t think they are left with the intent of being helpful or comforting. They are left so someone can tick a box and feel good about themselves without actually helping anyone.

In case you think I am a monster, sometimes I bring them home and compost them 😉

I do the same thing. People leave them in the public bathroom at my workplace all the time.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Over/under on the Nurthan nuptials still happening in July?

Well, currently DeWine has said weddings in Ohio can happen, he's just saying the reception shouldn't have more than 10 people. I'm doubting he took into account a fundie wedding of idiots though. Honestly, if we are still under shelter in place and they do actually decide to have one at the time, I'll post the info for the state and county here for us all to call and turn them in. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Jill, if you think that’s going to impress anyone you are, again, sadly mistaken. 

Also, I think the distance standard is two ShrekRods or six of their children.

Wait...I missed something. Surely we are not talking six feet as standard, else one "Shrek's Rod" would be three feet! 😳

• LOL 4
2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Wait...I missed something. Surely we are not talking six feet as standard, else one "Shrek's Rod" would be three feet! 😳

Oh God I will never quash *that* from my brain. But I think it was more ShrekRod like JillRod rather than Shrek's Rod. God I hope so.

• LOL 7

Ha, ha. Ronald and Kreston said, "Whatever, Lady. Just get away from me." Josh and Maggie ran before Covid-Jill could contaminate them. What a victory. 

Girlfriend is getting a little chunky. Is Shrek sharing his snacks? 

Jill has a garden? I chuckle. Jill doesn't lift a finger to do anything but shop and fix her hair and makeup. The slaves tend that garden for Jill's lounging pleasure. Woman is the laziest person on earth, and Shrek is close behind. 

• Love 12
(edited)
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

Jesus H. Christ! Feed your damn kids instead of buying shit!

*Breathe. Ok. Rant over. But FEED YOUR DAMN KIDS!!!!

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 22
59 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Since I like to either play dumb or annoy the scammers on the phone until they hang up or swear at me, I think I would have a blast if Jill tried to save me.  I would either be the most evil person in the world miraculously brought to my knees in gratitude, or try to convert her to some bizarre made up religion and continue to follow her and bring her to my twisted light.  I could have a lot of fun with this!

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Wasn't there a picture of Michelle's lower legs about two years ago? I don't remember any varicose veins. 

I don't remember seeing her (in this decade anyway) without dark stockings and orthopedic shoes. You may well be right, however. I try not to let photos of Michelle occupy too much space in my brain. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

Or, just a friendly suggestion since you have kids that look malnourished, create a vegetable garden. It's not like you're lacking help in that house.

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Love 17

How did she get the random opportunity to witness to teens to the point of two getting saved, while walking at a safe distance?!  I’m just imagining her gesturing wildly to flag them down!

• LOL 9
  • Love 5