Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I'm glad Nurie ended up with Nathan and I hope they marry off Kaylie to the other Keller brother. Nurie's other suitor seemed like a weirdo. I feared Jill would have sold her off to an old creep or send her to be a helpmeet for the Pearl's if she didn't get married soon.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

To be fair, I feel like this is a Southern cultural thing (or at least a Southern Conservative thing as far as the pictures go) more than a Fundie thing. (And I know plenty of liberal Southern gun owners, they just tend be more quiet about their gun ownership and not post tons of pics of themselves/their families with their guns/in gun memorabilia.)

(Source: Lived in the South basically all my life. I know it's weird to the rest of the world but it's totally not weird here.)

That said, Nurie's past possible suitor definitely seemed more extreme than the average Southern guy who takes a pic with his gun or wears a Remington t-shirt. 

Agreed! That aspect of the Duggars or any of these families doesn't even make me bat an eye. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Nurie got grape bubblegum  ,flowers, pink candle ,cross bracelet and a coffee cup from the 1st guy.

Plus Hershey's Kisses in a purple bag; at least according to this thread in 2017, lol.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Plus Hershey's Kisses in a purple bag; at least according to this thread in 2017, lol.

A real Romeo, he was! 😂😂😂😂😂

I have been on and off on here since 2015 but with long periods of periodic inactivity. I sincerely regret I must have been on one of those breaks when this ardent display of romanticism was going down. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That haul was the only one Jill showed. I think that "romance" was very short-lived. There was no announcement about the break up; dude and his purple presents just disappeared. 

Sounds like he got one good dose of Jill and got the fuck out of there. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wouldn't you? 😂

I'd be torn. On the one hand, survival instincts would compel me to flee. On the other hand, morbid curiosity would make me want to stick around to gawk. 😂

• LOL 14

Big new blog post from David and Priscilla Waller's blog! DavidlovesPriscilla is the name of the blog. Too many pictures to repost here. Here are some highlights:

"We have big news at our home! We are excited to announce that baby number five is on the way! We are due late May or early June. We will know a more firm due date once we have an ultrasound."

(Don't they usually do an ultrasound before 3 months?)

"We are excited for Priscilla’s younger brother Nathan, who proposed to Nurie Rodrigues. She said, “Yes!” and they are planning for a July wedding."

(I'm glad they announced this and are celebrating for Nurie and Nathan.)

Just before Thanksgiving, Graeme Wolf and Lydia Waller were engaged.We are excited for both of them and excited about having one of David’s siblings potentially move to Texas in the future.

(David's family lives in Wisconsin. He currently lives in TX? He and Brandon are both living farther away from IBLP. Lydia's fiance seems to spell his name two different ways Graeme and Graham. It turns out that my speculation was right and they spent more time with David and Priscilla than Nurie and Nathan.)

• Useful 6
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Big new blog post from David and Priscilla Waller's blog! DavidlovesPriscilla is the name of the blog. Too many pictures to repost here. Here are some highlights:

"We have big news at our home! We are excited to announce that baby number five is on the way! We are due late May or early June. We will know a more firm due date once we have an ultrasound."

"We are excited for Priscilla’s younger brother Nathan, who proposed to Nurie Rodrigues. She said, “Yes!” and they are planning for a July wedding."

Just before Thanksgiving, Graeme Wolf and Lydia Waller were engaged.We are excited for both of them and excited about having one of David’s siblings potentially move to Texas in the future.

(David's family lives in Wisconsin. He currently lives in TX? He and Brandon are both living farther away from IBLP. Lydia's fiance seems to spell his name two different ways Graeme and Graham. It turns out that my speculation was right and they spent more time with David and Priscilla than Nurie and Nathan.)

My understanding is David now lives in Texas because of something IBLP-related (they are in Big Sandy) and moved down there a couple of years ago. I didn't realize that until a couple of months ago. I thought he was still in the Chicago area!

25 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Oh man we got to wait until July to witness Nuri wedding? All her makeup will melt in the heat.

I was seriously distressed at how long we have to wait for this wedding. 😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

For an impoverished student, whose first car up and died after being driven cross-country to his first college; Timothy seems to have a pretty nice ride these days.  Looks pretty new and in good condition.  Good grifting, Jill!

To me, it seems like the car is the focus in those pictures.

• Love 13
59 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I see Jill favors her blonde kids. 

I think Jill favors the kids who bring her the most attention: Nurie for snagging a Duggar connection, college student Tim for spending money on flowers and silly gifts, baby Janessa with the brain defect, etc. I'm sure the kids who look most like her have an advantage, but narcissist Jill loves the spotlight more than anything or maybe anybody. The system keeps the kids on their toes. 

• Love 13

A July wedding for Nurthan?  I am totally surprised that they are waiting so long.  Usually people of their ilk seem to marry after a few months of engagement, lest the couple be tempted to front hug or something.  I guess keeping the happy couple apart in different states is guarding against that until this summer.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Libby96 said:

A July wedding for Nurthan?  I am totally surprised that they are waiting so long.  Usually people of their ilk seem to marry after a few months of engagement, lest the couple be tempted to front hug or something.  I guess keeping the happy couple apart in different states is guarding against that until this summer.

Somebody probably has idealized images of June brides. And given the dearth of actual chemistry between them, it seemed safe enough to wait.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Libby96 said:

Ain't nobody doin' JRod out of six months of wedding planning, yo.

• LOL 19
42 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Ain't nobody doin' JRod out of six months of wedding planning, yo.

And gift grifting.

So someone gave her son that car?  What's the matter with me?  My car is 13 years old.  Mr. X's truck is 19 years old.  Of course, we had to pay for them.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

And gift grifting.

So someone gave her son that car?  What's the matter with me?  My car is 13 years old.  Mr. X's truck is 19 years old.  Of course, we had to pay for them.

Yes, I am obviously doing something wrong also. I am 62 and have no car so I walk or use Lyft. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Temperance said:

Who the fuck spells their name two different ways?

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Temperance said:

=

(David's family lives in Wisconsin. He currently lives in TX? He and Brandon are both living farther away from IBLP. L=

IBLP is in Texas now, isn't it? I thought they closed everything except Big Sandy, basically. 

• Love 4
On 12/1/2019 at 9:21 PM, Fuzzysox said:

Stop it now I have to think about all the allowable "intimate touching." 

I hope somebody at least tells Nathan that intimate fellowship within marriage needs  lubrication .

14 hours ago, Zella said:

My understanding is David now lives in Texas because of something IBLP-related (they are in Big Sandy) and moved down there a couple of years ago. I didn't realize that until a couple of months ago. I thought he was still in the Chicago area!

I was seriously distressed at how long we have to wait for this wedding. 😂

They bought a house with a hole in the floor (like a really big one ) and a stargate doorway into the livingroom . It's all fixed up now . 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Who the fuck spells their name two different ways?

David may be spelling the name the way he assumes Graeme/Graham is spelled.  It's also possible Graham/Graeme is trying to hide social media usage from employers. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I read on FJ that on FB, he's Graham. David probably spells it correctly.

Considering that he also doesn't seem to use his last name, this is probable.

Off topic: The Maxwells are advertising; Give the Gift of a Book from the Titus2 Collection to a loved one for Christmas. Each book is a Quality Book, Written by a Maxwell! There are Stories to Cherish by Sarah and Quality, Thoughful Advice from Teri and Steve! You'll read them over and over again!  Order through the blog now! (It's not written like this, but that's how I read it!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Libby96 said:

I am SEVERELY worried that within 7+ months, something will happen to break up this engagement and we won't get a wedding.  Maybe Nathan will realize how crazy Jill is. Maybe Anna will impress on the Kellers that a Rod in-law is bad for her "brand"/the Duggar "brand" (I know, I know).  Maybe Nathan will meet someone else (again, I know, I know).

PRECIOUS Nurie has already lost a suitor before - who knows how giving away another piece of her heart might effect her?  Jill, you might want to get this wedding moved up and locked down ASAP so as to make sure it happens.  I will be SEVERELY disappointed if it falls through (and you will be, too, since you'll miss locking down the Duggar connection for sure, Jill!).  MOVE IT UP. MOVE THE WEDDING UP. Seven month engagements seem awfully "worldly" and something those "slutish" women who wear shorts and tank tops would do! 

3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Why all the surprised responses, it's going to take Jill that long to grift this wedding together haha 

Fair enough.

But J-Rod is an A+ grifter. Surely she can grift enough by Valentine's Day or springtime at the latest.  Get on it, Jill! Put your Plexus to the side and start grifting a wedding!

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • LOL 15
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Huh I didn’t even think that the reason for the wedding in July is that Jill probably grifted the venue for free. 

It’s hilarious that David W spilled the beans and not Jill Rod. 

Who wants to tell her that the cat's out of the bag? 😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Who will be the new fav. kids once Nurie and Tim are gone from the nest for good? Kaylee or Renee for the girls,and whoever the next oldest boy is? The Rods only have 4 boys,so sister dating can't go on forever

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, sondraK said:

Who will be the new fav. kids once Nurie and Tim are gone from the nest for good? Kaylee or Renee for the girls,and whoever the next oldest boy is? The Rods only have 4 boys,so sister dating can't go on forever

Definitely not (and Kaylee). Renee appears to be a lot like Nurie and looks for moms attention by being VERY obedient. Not sure about the boys. Poor Gabriel still doesn't have braces. I know Tim had them so it would be terrible if he didn't get them  Phillip has not had his spaces too teeth fixed and he's pretty old.  

Is anyone watching or is there a spot for discussing the latest TLC family “Welcome to Plathville”?  I’m finding it far more interesting to watch them try to deal with the loss of control over their older kids who (except for apparently the two oldest daughters) seem far less interested in continuing to follow the parents restrictive upbringing where they have no access to outside friends, education, interests (even church) or things like sugar! There are so many oddities in their parents thought processes I can’t wrap my head around it.  The younger girls seem to be required to wear modest dresses but mom doesn’t.  When oldest son marries (what seems to be a perfectly nice, Christian girl) who introduces him to a regular church, TV and sugar, the two of them are forbidden from being around his siblings under 16 unless the parents are present.  Nurie R. was a bridesmaid at their oldest daughters wedding, so there must be some connection between these families for them to have formed that friendship, but with both parents working (dad has a regular job outside the home), they aren’t grifters like the Rs. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Pris and Pecan may surpass Anna for second largest brood amongst the Keller siblings at this rate. 

Maybe. But isn't Pris older than Anna? That may play into it.

13 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

That he did. TFDW strikes again!

I  hope he is the wedding coordinator or at least does the decorations.  IIRC, he did a great job on his own wedding. Would JillR allow this or is this one of her jobs as mother of bride & possibly matron of honor?

• Love 5
On 12/4/2019 at 3:07 AM, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

4 more pictures:

This sure looks like their West Virginia family room, and like they haven't packed up their nick-nacks!   ETA: I just looked back deeper into the Rod's Instagram and this is definitely their WVa home.

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8