Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Anyone remember that episode of SVU where a little boy was found eating out of garbage cans? The investigation found his insanely controlling mother, who was homeschooling her kids and withholding food and filling their brains with garbage about how dangerous the world is and they would both be killed in foster care and she was the only one they could trust? That's what popped into my head when I read Timothy's post. At one point the cops were trying to get through to the older kid and he was all "why are you saying bad things about my mom?" Jill scares me more than any of these fundies. She's seriously unwell and cannot hear a single dissenting opinion. 

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
Like Columbo, always one more thing.
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m stuck in their standards being “mostly” hand holding and side hugs. Does that mean the kids wanted to and did kiss at engagement? Ummmhmmm. What’s up with this “mostly”??

Nurie’s hair looks awful. We rag on Jill Duggar for her scraggly hair, but hers looks better than Nurie’s. 

He gets to touch her back too ! I know how scandalous 🙀

• LOL 4
21 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I keep looking at the photos of Nathan and trying to be kind about his looks. I love quirky features better than perfect ones to start with, and we all know my obsessive love for cute little crooky overlaps in teeth, but I can't find any winsome details, just awkward ones...I keep trying to figure out whether as he ages, his face will fill out a bit and gain some kind lines and inherent sweetness (I think sister Pris has that despite not seeming to be the brightest bulb in the box)...But I just keep failing. Mea Culpa. All I keep seeing are those photos you sometimes find from"ugliest dog" contests, where the winner invariably seems to be some sort of Chihuahua mix with a splayed out overbite...

This was the sweetest way to say he is unfortunate looking!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

0891DC2E-141D-4681-892A-64E983FCA94E.jpeg

Well Chick Fil A IS in the bible right?  Right next to God smites the gays.  It where you go after said smiting but before you go to your sweet friends house for a drippy sundae.

Edited by Natalie68
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4

Of course Jill is homophobic. 🙄She's a naive, sheltered, ignorant, homeschooled Christian just like most of the fundies we know. At least she's saying what she really thinks. (Unlike others who will shake their heads in silence.) Jill R is the kind of person Chick-Fil-A is distancing themself from. She would fit in perfectly with the anti-gay protesters in You Need to Calm Down (Taylor Swift). 

I support the LGBTQ community 🏳️‍🌈 and wonder if there's a petition I can sign that says "Good First Step Chick-Fil-A! Keep up the good work and keep renouncing hate!"  🌈

As for Tim, I wonder if he's saying something so his mama doesn't start questioning his choice in friends for not being conservative enough.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Anyone remember that episode of SVU where a little boy was found eating out of garbage cans? The investigation found his insanely controlling mother, who was homeschooling her kids and withholding food and filling their brains with garbage about how dangerous the world is and they would both be killed in foster care and she was the only one they could trust? That's what popped into my head when I read Timothy's post. At one point the cops were trying to get through to the older kid and he was all "why are you saying bad things about my mom?" Jill scares me more than any of these fundies. She's seriously unwell and cannot hear a single dissenting opinion. 

Seriously unwell aka Batshit crazy

Edited by farmgal4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

My favorite part:

Also it ishard to take things from a person that has changed a lot in their personal life! 

I guess the writer started wearing sluttish pants or something.

But the Rods aren’t even a little bit judgemental, according to Jill. 😒

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

I remember.

On 11/6/2019 at 2:48 PM, beckie said:

Sorry about the quote box. Can't get it to disappear.

Timothy is truly a mama's boy. I wonder what he does in person if someone criticizes something he does? Tell them they have no say?

Son of a bitch fits him well!

• Love 7

Tim, my dear, I'm going to explain this to you like I explain it to my grade 7 students, if your bar for being offended is this low you are constantly going to be offended and upset. Who wants to go through life that way? Let Mama dearest fight her own battles and, if you feel you must do something to appease the narcissist, keep spending your college money on cheer up stuffies. I mean really, if he's doing double rant posts about a reasoned "I don"t agree with you" post, what's he going to do if someone points out that three tons of make-up is sluttish (It's not, of course, but neither are pants).

Sigh, I think I need to start lowering my expectations for the kiddults of some of these messed up families (The Rods and the Duggars, a little less the Bates). Every kid who grows up and starts taking little steps away I think Yes! Fly free! Be happy! Question your upbringing! Do things for you, not for mama! Make your own calls about the roles (if any) that God and religion will have in your life! And then... 

• Love 24
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

B0E946DC-BEF5-4C9D-84C8-A2F60D97A109.jpeg

61C28D49-26D9-4F27-AB07-056297676E2E.jpeg

6FA02F1E-6668-4BED-A19F-54DB2952DDBD.jpeg

Timothy is turning into a male version of Sweet Mama with his persecution.  Even the smile and the way  his selfie is angled downwards is all Jill.

He must be exhausted having to focus all his time saving everyone from all of their sins.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Poor Timmy. I hope getting Wonged doesn't hurt too much.

At least he's not "loosing" ground!

ETA: sorry, BradandJanet - already noted by you!

Edited by BetyBee
  • LOL 6
14 minutes ago, Jetlag said:

Long time lurker here...I have been a flight attendant for 40 years ( I was hired when I was 12 lol) and there is no way in hell I would get on a airplane with this little twerp at the controls.

Yeah, I have been sympathetic to Tim as he emerges into the real world--though that FB meltdown was absolutely pathetic. But I would not volunteer to get on a plane he was flying! I'm not convinced even with significant academic tutoring/remedial work that he will ever be pilot material. I say that as someone who knows next to nothing about piloting but did used to teach. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Why does everyone assume that this is Tim being persecuted for his faith? I see this as Mama Jill is worried Timmy is moving too far away from the field and is trying to rein him back in with this post. Tim is assuring his mama, yes I'm true to God, yes I'm rising above temptation, yes I'm the good Christian boy you raised, etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Apparently the pompous little asshole is too dense to know that all pronouns relating to God should be capitalized.  I guess they didn’t teach that at Noyes Homeschool.

Ah, but the extra random capitalizations make up for it. It all evens out in the end.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 5

Steve Maxwell may never top the swimming pool post last summer. (Evil woman defrauding men by swimming in bikini in her own yard). But he comes close this week. 

Motivated vs unmotivated

Teri and I were being checked out at a local supermarket, and I had begun chatting with the bagger while he worked. “Where are you headed with your life?” I asked.

“I’m going to be a graphic designer,” he responded.

“Great,” I continued. “How will you prepare?”

“I already have a degree in graphic design.”

“Super. Do you want to give me your phone number in the event I find something you might be interested in?”

“Actually, I’m not looking for a job.”

Here was a man who appeared satisfied with bagging groceries as “fill-in” work when he could be working full-time and developing professional skills. I was amazed at the “appearance” of his lack of motivation. I am looking forward to speaking with him next time I see him and what I might learn from him.

Have your children learned how rewarding it is to be diligent workers, accomplish things, and strive for greater skills? Oh, how good that feels. Yet, to the unmotivated person, the idea of work (and learning) might be a good reason for a nap until that idea is gone.

Much of life is about perspective and options. Establish the frame of mind in your home that work and developing skills is good. Please don’t make readily available things that are a waste of precious time.

If you have an unmotivated child, I’d love to hear your thoughts on what factors led to this outcome.

“Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men” (Proverbs 22:29).

Steve

Because what could possibly go wrong at giving your phone number to some  random elderly man since he promises to give you a job? Hey Steve, does that mean your daughters should give their phone numbers out to men who promise to find them husbands?

Edited by Temperance
  • LOL 9
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Steve Maxwell may never top the swimming pool post last summer. (Evil woman defrauding men by swimming in bikini in her own yard). But he comes close this week. 

Motivated vs unmotivated

Teri and I were being checked out at a local supermarket, and I had begun chatting with the bagger while he worked. “Where are you headed with your life?” I asked.

“Super. Do you want to give me your phone number in the event I find something you might be interested in?”

Here was a man who appeared satisfied with bagging groceries as “fill-in” work when he could be working full-time and developing professional skills. I was amazed at the “appearance” of his lack of motivation. I am looking forward to speaking with him next time I see him and what I might learn from him.

Have your children learned how rewarding it is to be diligent workers, accomplish things, and strive for greater skills? Oh, how good that feels. Yet, to the unmotivated person, the idea of work (and learning) might be a good reason for a nap until that idea is gone.

Much of life is about perspective and options. Establish the frame of mind in your home that work and developing skills is good. Please don’t make readily available things that are a waste of precious time.

If you have an unmotivated child, I’d love to hear your thoughts on what factors led to this outcome.

“Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men” (Proverbs 22:29).

Steve

Because what could possibly go wrong at giving your phone number to some  random elderly man since he promises to give you a job? Hey Steve, does that your daughters should give their phone numbers out to men who promise to find them husbands?

I'm surprised Steve-o didn't ask the bagger where he was going to go when he died. That's a favorite Maxwell icebreaker. 🙄

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Ole' Timmy looks like he got wonged big time.  Possibly multiple times.  He must have accidentally listen to the devil and his confusion by mistake and perhaps took some of his fashion advice because he looks beyond creepy.

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm surprised Steve-o didn't ask the bagger where he was going to go when he died. That's a favorite Maxwell icebreaker. 🙄

My answer is--to Paris to drink good red wine and eat macarons all day. It's an icebreaker ender. 

The guy in the grocery sounds smart. I wouldn't give Creepy Stevie my phone number either. 

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Sounds like the bagger just didn't want to give his no. to a stranger.Good for him.

Or he may just not be in the right place in his life to move up.Who knows.It's not for Steve to judge

I think the kid sensed Steve was a creeper and wisely shut him down. 

• Love 20
4 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

What I'm seeing here (in my professional opinion as an arm-chair psychologist who specializes in reality TV train wrecks and hangers-on...so my totally unqualified opinion):

The kids have been raised to compete for Queen Sweet Mama Jill's love and adoration.  They compete to be her favorite and this is by design - Jill gets her attention from her kids & she gets to sickly enjoy the friction between them as they compete for her love. The two oldest (and two favorites), Nurie and Tim are probably most in competition with each other.  And let's face it, Nurie has been winning lately.  Her courting & engagement has gotten Jill more attention on social media as well a link to the Duggars via marriage (well, a Duggar-in-law).  Nurie is currently not just the golden child - she's the platinum child.   Jill's posts about Timmy being in college to be a pilot for Jesus can't compete with Jill's Nurie & Nathan posts. 

Timmy knows this.  He also knows that not being Queen Sweet Mama's golden child is not a pleasant place to be.  He instinctively had to do something to show mama he loves her so much and to try to displace Nurie even for a little while.  So....we have this awful, cringey post. 

This is so true! And not only all this, but I imagine Tim was even further down Mama Jill's shitlist this week since he apparently forgot her birthday. So, yeah, this is definitely how you get back into Mama's good graces--defend her "honor" publicly. 

• Love 12

I think li'l Timmy will be looking for the bestest fundie girl he can find,when/if he completes school.Maybe the Shraders will be back from Zambia by then

Just now, sondraK said:
Edited by sondraK
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Temperance said:

Motivated vs unmotivated

Steve

Because what could possibly go wrong at giving your phone number to some  random elderly man since he promises to give you a job? Hey Steve, does that mean your daughters should give their phone numbers out to men who promise to find them husbands?

Steve's "I am Holier than you" attitude really irks me.  Didn't Steve leave his well paying engineering job to become self-employed?  He left the field he was trained in so why is he picking on this guy for doing something similar? I think the guy is learning & using plenty of professional skills by having to deal with the public. The bagger could have been a manager who was helping out. I've seen that happen many times.  Steve has three stay-at-home daughters that will never leave the Maxwell house & be self-sufficient. I consider them more non-motivated than the bagger guy. ( I do give them a partial pass because this is how they were raised.) 

ETA:  I'm sure the grocery store workers were blessed with Bible tracts.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 23
On 11/19/2019 at 5:48 PM, louannems said:

Timothy!!!  OMFG!!!  That's the funniest thing I've read in a while! All those exclamation points!!!  Even more than Precious Mama!!!

Timothy sounds terribly young.  Even he should know that if you put yourself out there on social media, you open yourself up to other people's differing comments.  How dare he tell commentors not to comment.

I noticed that the comments are still turned off on CrazyJill's Intagram page. I soooo wanted to add a comment to her post along the lines of, "Come off it, Jill. We know that the only one allowed near a Chick-Fil-A is your overfed husband, not your malnourished children."

• Love 11