Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

The weird, and truly heartbreaking thing is that in Jill's mind she is not neglecting those kids in the least - she is saving them. And, in a really skewed way, she honestly probably puts a lot of time and attention into them; kids don't get that beaten down and brainwashed without some serious work on the parents' part.

I agree, there is something really wrong with that family. They make the Duggars seem normal. Emaciated kids, too much make up.... Jill looks like a barfly looking for a man and some two bit watering hole. And David always looks so blah. I feel so bad for those poor kids. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 10

I wonder if Jill knows how stupid her writing makes her sound. She was home schooled by her parents, and she obviously didn't learn anything except how to make capital letters. I can't imagine how little education her own children have received. 

Also, they planned a trip out west, including contacts along the way (to feed them), in a half hour? Yeah, sure. It takes Jill longer than than to put the hair and makeup on. 

I'd like to see David have an accident emptying the sewage tank on the RV. However, it's probably one of the slaves who does that job. 

The scariest part is that the Rodriguii and their ilk think they are the gold standard and that Jesus is coming back any day now to clean away the riff raff and populate America with people just like them. Could a merciful God really be on board with this plan?

Edited by BradandJanet
minor grammar thingy
  • Love 23
30 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I wonder if Jill knows how stupid her writing makes her sound. She was home schooled by her parents, and she obviously didn't learning anything except how to make capital letters. I can't imagine how little education her own children have received. 

Also, they planned a trip out west, including contacts along the way (to feed them), in a half hour? Yeah, sure. It takes Jill longer than than to put the hair and makeup on. 

I'd like to see David have an accident emptying the sewage tank on the RV. However, it's probably one of the slaves who does that job. 

The scariest part is that the Rodriguii and their ilk think they are the gold standard and that Jesus is coming back any day now to clean away the riff raff and populate America with people just like them. Could a merciful God really be on board with this plan?

I don't claim to be a Biblical scholar, but somehow I don't think so. 

• Love 19
32 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I wonder if Jill knows how stupid her writing makes her sound. She was home schooled by her parents, and she obviously didn't learning anything except how to make capital letters. I can't imagine how little education her own children have received. 

Actually, I don't think that's the way it's supposed to work (unless maybe if you are a Jehovah's Witness - they believe that the Earth will be made perfect and they will populate it). For most Christians who subscribe to the Rapture theory, those who are saved get to go to heaven to be with Jesus, and the Earth will be Satan's dominion where the rest of us will suffer until we go t hell to suffer even more horrifically.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Actually, I don't think that's the way it's supposed to work (unless maybe if you are a Jehovah's Witness - they believe that the Earth will be made perfect and they will populate it). For most Christians who subscribe to the Rapture theory, those who are saved get to go to heaven to be with Jesus, and the Earth will be Satan's dominion where the rest of us will suffer until we go t hell to suffer even more horrifically.

I keep waiting for them to be raptured  away while the rest of us get on with life on earth.

• Love 18

This is one of the bazillion photos Stormy took of their trip out West.  Notice what's on the dashboard?  A DOG CARRIER!  How did David get in the RV, start up the RV and see the carrier and not go, Oh wait, I let the dog out.  We need to grab him before we leave??? Or the fact that Jill didn't realize that the dog was not in his carrier, oh wait, I'm sure she needed to apply some more makeup after being outside in the heat.  These folks really piss me off.

38406491_2104302603141415_3979648092960980992_n.thumb.jpg.08e0e7e06b936a8579ff4d0e9e94681f.jpg

Edited by DragonFaerie
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I wonder how much longer poor Tim will be able to hold out. I dont see him there for long, simply because he cannot do it all.

Can't even begin to express how much I loathe that woman. She is beyond vile.

DD is home from college for the weekend. She’s had a great adjustment to being away, with a few rough spots.  Even with strong parental support, academic readiness, plentiful food and a reasonably comfortable financial situation, it is a huge adjustment. Poor Timmy has a lot stacked against him. I hope he somehow manages. 

• Love 20
6 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I wonder how much longer poor Tim will be able to hold out. I dont see him there for long, simply because he cannot do it all.

Can't even begin to express how much I loathe that woman. She is beyond vile.

Like I said...

poor kid will flunk out by Xmas 

sad but true

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Poor peculiar JillR. Everywhere she goes things fall to shit. Bedbugs in a hotel room, a transgender woman in a bathroom, a BAD Olive Garden, sluttishly dressed females, and now a bad KOA experience. It's a wonder she ever leaves her home.

Of course, if she never left home, what terrible trespasses against her would she have to write about? This kind of self-serving sacrifice takes at least some effort. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Jill (smile) has posted about the dreadful KOA campground treatment...,

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3662

My apologies as I haven’t figured out how to copy /paste from the iPhone ? Yes, I’m old. 

I’m older and can’t do it either so don’t sweat it. I have the technological skills of a guppy and don’t care. Well I do care but where are my grandchildren when I need them to teach me how to do these things? School where they are even becoming more advanced. Their goal is to beat me at Jeopardy. 

I cant believe what she wrote. It tried to put all the focus on how she was wronged. How she was deserving of so much more than she got (like a super sincere apology and her campground cost being refunded for the alleged toe in mousetrap incident). 

I’m not liking how the dog missing is making me feel. Hmm...more dog food or more makeup. Bye dog. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

I would have loved to been a fly on the wall to hear what she was saying to the other campers.

Yeah. And what the other campers were saying to each other about Jill and the family. Whatever. It worked, and the disruptors left in a righteous huff so the rest of the people could enjoy themselves in peace. 

• Love 8

A literal seething hatred permeates towards us. Our loving, but firm stand on the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ is deemed as “hatred” on our part.  We do NOT hate others that don’t choose to believe truth, but rather deeply CARE for their souls and where they will spend Eternity someday. 

?

• Love 9

KOA campgrounds not only have occupancy limits on sites, but the base price is generally 2 adults and 2 kids. Extra adults and kids cost an additional amount per. For example, the one I am familiar with charged $5/kid over 2 years old and $7/adult. Some charge for additional vehicles. I’m sure the Rs were breaking lots of rules. 

Thought that’s been troubling me...buying flowers, fasting, etc. I think sadly that it’s the way the kids can get attention/noticed. 

• Love 24
23 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

She's also a liar. If a mousetrap had violently come down on Nurie's toe, Nurie would have been screaming in pain, not looking under the cooler to see what caused the "thud." The trap could have broken her toe, if it had actually caught the toe, which it obviously did not.

Well, of course not—because there surely would have been a $20,000 GoFundMe immediately set up to buy Jill Nurie a new wardrobe a box of band aids. 

Related:

5b8ea7ca75f73_ScreenShot2018-09-04at11_41_25AM.png.1c93ff0c1776fe8c44a56d052073811d.png

Does she make this poor child sleep in her make up? At least Stormy could belly up for some waterproof mascara—there's no price difference between that and the regular stuff. 

23 hours ago, doodlebug said:

It is so very typically Jill to decide that they were persecuted for their faith and to compare herself to Christian martyrs imprisoned and tortured.  Because, of course, if a non-Christian family of FOURTEEN went to a campground where spaces were limited to 6-8 per vehicle, swam in their street clothes and turned their ten underage children loose in the gift shop/game room with only a single not very bright 19 year old to supervise; nobody would’ve said a word.

Being kicked out of a campground = being flayed like St. Bartholomew (that ebil Catholic), whose "skin was fully removed from his body, in strips, while he was still alive... and then he was beheaded for good measure"*

Samesies, ya'll! Batholomew and the Rods were both persecuted. Totally the same! (I fully expect she believes this.)

Jill and her ilk court "persecution" because they LOVE harping about being "persecuted."

*https://www.britannica.com/list/murder-most-horrid-the-grisliest-deaths-of-roman-catholic-saints

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Well, of course not—because there surely would have been a $20,000 GoFundMe immediately set up to buy Jill Nurie a new wardrobe a box of band aids. 

Related:

5b8ea7ca75f73_ScreenShot2018-09-04at11_41_25AM.png.1c93ff0c1776fe8c44a56d052073811d.png

Does she make this poor child sleep in her make up? At least Stormy could belly up for some waterproof mascara—there's no price difference between that and the regular stuff. 

This photo that JillRod posts while telling the story of them all getting kicked out of the KAO pool isn't even real.  JillRod posted those exact same swimming photos on her Rodrigues Family Ministries blog, just before 4th of July, when the Rod bunch were invited to a backyard party.  That family had that pool.

I'm guessing all the kids were in full street/cotton clothing at the KAO pool.

• Love 18
8 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Related:

Nurie's makeup alone is enough to cloud that pool for a good week. She desperately needs a lesson at the Mac counter. 

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Jill posted 2 pics of the kids at the pool along with her tale of woe.  The first photo is from the 4th of July and Nurie is clearly in an above-ground pool and it looks like a backyard because there is a garage in the background.

However, the second photo is of a bunch of the kids in an in-ground pool surrounded by a chain link fence.  Beyond the fence, you can see multiple vehicles including RV's parked.  I think that could be the evil KOA pool.  The little girl standing in front holding swim goggles is very clearly wearing TWO tee shirts and a denim skirt, which is NOT modest swimwear.  Also, that particular pool looks very small; you can see about 5 Rodrigues kids in it, all standing up.  If that was the only pool, there is no way Jill and 11 kids could comfortably swim in it; let alone any of the other guests of KOA.  As we've noted before, KOA places limits on the number of people per RV at a campsite and I don't believe for one minute that Jill and the hubs were honest about the number of people in their group.  I have a feeling that that had a whole lot more bearing on why they were told to leave the pool and the kids were asked to get out of the game room.  Jesus doesn't like liars, Jill.

Imagine swimming in that??!! 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Imagine swimming in that??!! 

Also, most swimwear is designed not to get transparent when wet. Cheap, wet cotton is going to stick and show every evil curve. Of course, the poor JRod kids have several layers on, including underwear and denim skirts, so modesty may prevail. Drowning from the weight is equally possible. 

As much as the JRods are attacked and harmed every. single. day. of their existence, I'm surprised Jill doesn't go running off to small claims court to seek justice and money. I guess evil, heathen judges wouldn't understand how much these pure, honest, hardworking Christians are persecuted. Pleading to the court of (limited) public opinion is easier and could be enough to satisfy her real goal of bringing sympathy and attention to herself. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Also, most swimwear is designed not to get transparent when wet. Cheap, wet cotton is going to stick and show every evil curve. Of course, the poor JRod kids have several layers on, including underwear and denim skirts, so modesty may prevail. Drowning from the weight is equally possible. 

As much as the JRods are attacked and harmed every. single. day. of their existence, I'm surprised Jill doesn't go running off to small claims court to seek justice and money. I guess evil, heathen judges wouldn't understand how much these pure, honest, hardworking Christians are persecuted. Pleading to the court of (limited) public opinion is easier and could be enough to satisfy her real goal of bringing sympathy and attention to herself. 

Especially when most of the kids look like a small gust of wind would knock them over.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

Oh I hope not.  I hope she has to delay her travel to do something crazy, like take care of her kids, like grift for money for a mama party to overcome her grief of Timothy being so far away.

There is no way she will allow one of her “blessings” to live across the country. I am sure the Lord has laid it upon Timmie’s heart to “move back home with Mama.” 

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Good God, it hasn't even been a month!  Leave the poor kid alone!  And, yes, it appears there is plenty of money for extended stays at campgrounds, cross-country flights, etc, as long as it is Jill who is benefiting from those things. Tim is SOL when it comes to 'luxuries' like textbooks and food.

1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

So if they have the money for Jill to fly back out to see Timmy, why in the hell didn't they just have David drive out with Timmy in Timmy's car with his stuff, and then David flies back home.  No gas for the huge RV and the new towed car, plus all the other expenses for the entire family trip.  Geesh.

The JRods come across as numbskulls. However, what's central to all of their actions is that Jill gets a trip, a vacation, a car, a party, attention, sympathy--something she wants. Jill's narcissism is the key to the weirdness this family exudes. Everyone else, including Jesus, is a bit player in Jill's self-focused world.

Timothy is probably done. Mama can't stand he has freedom and she doesn't.  

• Love 24

That...makes no sense.  Either men/women persecute those who are righteous/make Bible choices - which would also mean men/women provide consequences/judgement to those who are sinful/make worldly choices.  Or God persecutes those who are righteous/make Bible choice and also provides consequences/judgement to those who are sinful/make worldly choices.

Which I'm guessing is not what she wants to say...but that's how it reads. 

What she probably meant was something along the lines of "Man persecutes those who are righteous, while God judges those who are sinful". But that would be grammatically correct. And make sense.

• Love 15