Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I lost my mind for a moment and watched some Kiki's engagement announcement video. Jonny Boy seems to have the same manner of speaking as the Rodlets do. They all just speak... different. I don't know how to describe it, but you all know what I mean. I also want to know why he kept saying he did it "last-minute." Why? Did BME have a deadline she had to fulfill?

I couldn't bear to watch this video, but when I have heard the Rod kids speak before, they've reminded me of a handful of other incredibly sheltered and awkward homeschooled kids I've met over the years. I also don't know how to describe it, but it is quite distinctive. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Thank you for taking one for the team. I admire your courage and fortitude. Besides the engagement, was anything else disclosed. like the date or the happy couple's future plans?

I looked up Jonathan Hill's church in MS where is dad is pastor. I'm no fan of anything IFB and have no desire to ever meet them in my so-called real life - but IMO the Hills are several cuts above the Rods in education, literacy, and general life skills.

Over on reddit somebody posted info and links about the Hills a few months ago when the courtship was announced/being speculated about. One of the links was to a page on the church website about the Hill family - but that page no longer exists. I clicked all over the church site; it has a lengthy bio page for pastor Hill - he's entitled to be called Dr. Hill as he does hold I think a doctorate in education from some Christian college. There are big paragraphs about his career in the bio, but not a single word about his wife or kids.

Here's what I think: there used to be a whole page about the Hill family on the site so there was no reason for his bio page to mention them. Then, sometime in the last few months, that page was yanked from the church site. But they haven't edited dad's bio page to throw in the usual reference to the wife and kids. 

I wonder if the extra attention that came their way via crazy JillR prompted them to STFU on the website about the family. Or just meeting the Rods and knowing how they operate. But for whatever reason, Pastor Hill is no longer featuring his wife and I think 13 kids on his church website. 

I did visit his wife's FB page for their farm. She raises goats and I think also cattle. There are other animals including hedgehogs. One of the married sons has a lizard breeding/sales business. I saw a photo of Mrs. (Sarah) Hill. She looks intelligent, healthy, and wasn't flashing a face loaded with cheap makeup. Kind of the anti-Jill. I'd call it a natural look. (ETA: the FB page is written in normal English, apparently by an adult, with no overuse of exclamation points and no random capitalization. And the photos aren't selfies.Just saying.)

I browsed through recent back issues of the weekly church bulletin. Jonathan makes regular appearances there, listed as the speaker at the Sunday night service, and a brother as the speaker on Wednesday nights. 

Does the reptile-breeding son also breed snakes for handling in church?

Jill did mention a lot about the Hills at the beginning of the courtship. They have 13 kids-9 boys and 4 girls. The Rods have 13 kids -4 boys and 9 girls. I think the Hills didn't like the adverse attention, so Jill dialed it back. 

I bet the Hills are well-connected and may present grifting opportunities. 

I hope Kaylee and Jonathan get married. Normally I don't like fundies getting married and especially young fundies like Kaylee, but in this case, I'm happy she's leaving. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Whoa. I just saw this on Facebook. Flowers in the Attic, anyone? Creepy…

A excerpt from a letter from TimBits on BME’s FB page:

“All that to say I am still single, and waiting for God to bring the perfect person into my life. My younger sister Renee is as well!! She is an amazing young lady praying for God to bring the perfect one into her life! She’s a very hard worker too! I’ve often said my sisters are so rare In this world that too bad they are my sisters! Lol, but that being said your sisters need to feel loved and protected by their brothers, not worried about them and or feel threatened that’s sickening!!!! Try to treat your sisters, and mom like a queen, and your marriage will be a-little easier! I absolutely love to be right but the truth of the matter is I’m wrong a decent amount, and if you  can’t admit that now. Good Luck once you get married. 

Have a very blessed evening everyone, and if you’re still reading this you’re probably about ready for a nap! Lol, it’s a bit long! 😁

Yikes!

• LOL 1

Fundie maiden and manly MAN for sale! Last chance! Last chance! Grab them now!

I am very happy for Kayleigh to put at least some distance between herself and that Monster she calls Mother but crikes, the video.

Did you notice that Nathan put his arm around Nurie when Frills Jills zoomed in? Interesting reflex.

Tessie continues to cower and freeze/fawn when she is in the spotlight. What does that Monster do to her??

Timmay, honey - this is why you are single. There aren't many Fathers willing to sell your daughter to you. I do hope that Renayyyyyy will soon follow suit and get a manly young man for herself

• Love 10
12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Tim must be seething since he isn’t close to getting sex from his godly picked by momsy wife… ( he might snap soon ) I thought a Dingus would marry Tim by now.

My juvenile ass read that as he may slap soon 🙊🙊🙊 and all I could think was he’d feel so much better if he did! 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • LOL 8

Timbots is a very scary boy(yes, he's a boy, far from a man). I can't imagine any father that would want their daugther with him, but then I think about the Keller's giving Anna to Josh. Tim needs severe help. I fear for any girl that ends up with him.

• Love 6

Tim's writing is proof Jill failed at homeschooling. 

As for a Dingus marriage prospect for Tim, I think that ship has sailed. No more half of a whole side of beef and no daughter living in a tiny trailer in the Rods' backyard--Jill has sucked the Dinguii dry.  

• Love 14

When we talk about nature verses nurture, I look at Tim and think he'd likely be a pretty fucked up guy without the Rod-rents. I think if raised with the Duggars he'd at least have half a chance finding a Fundy mate. If raised by mainstream parents, he'd likely find someone. But in any of these scenarios, especially his real life one, I sadly think he really could end up on Dateline.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.“ — Martin Luther King, Jr.

• Love 22

Like a Duggar was ever going to marry a Rodrigues…

Not even now. I see Duggar’s are marrying off their kids into families that actually have jobs/$ of their own. Rods don’t have much…

Tim needs to look into marrying a widow or an old maid like Jana Duggar. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

He referred to his "two older sisters." I thought Tim was older than Kaylee? 🤔

Another SOTDRT fail, he probably meant oldest. But then again maybe his math skills are such that he doesn’t realize Kaylee is younger than he is. Timbits is so desperate and pitiful it’s scary.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Interesting Rodrigues Family Academy Homeschool errors:

if you are a able bodily Christian  (I can't explain this.)

After reading this screed, if I didn't know better, I'd think Tim was growing special mushrooms behind his trailer. 

But, I will say if you are a able bodily Christian there is no reason why you should be regular just staying home, and missing church. 

That whole sentence makes my brain hurt.  I will say that I think "a able bodily Christian" like his dad should get a job.

• LOL 8
  • Love 12

On the topic of what to call the happy couple, and of all the names I’ve read so far, I like Jonkay the best.  It reminds me of when (in the movie) Shrek would make reference to Donkey.  “DonKAY”.  I hear Movie Shrek in my head when I read it.   

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

The one on the right looks like a 50 year old anorexic. Poor thing.

Both are probably praying to get married ASAP to get away from momsy and get a few decent meals.

2 down 11 to go…

Tim must be seething since he isn’t close to getting sex from his godly picked by momsy wife… ( he might snap soon ) I thought a Dingus would marry Tim by now.

Jonkey  wedding will be something to look forward too. It will be cheap and gaudy…

2A0874CD-D40A-48FB-91D6-72702C555174.jpeg

Renee looks older than I do, and I’m 62. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Tim's writing is proof Jill failed at homeschooling. 

As for a Dingus marriage prospect for Tim, I think that ship has sailed. No more half of a whole side of beef and no daughter living in a tiny trailer in the Rods' backyard--Jill has sucked the Dinguii dry.  

True about the writing, but I was impressed that he spelled “old fashioned” correctly (instead of “old fashion,” which makes me stabby). So there’s that. 🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Whoa. I just saw this on Facebook. Flowers in the Attic, anyone? Creepy…

A excerpt from a letter from TimBits on BME’s FB page:

“All that to say I am still single, and waiting for God to bring the perfect person into my life. My younger sister Renee is as well!! She is an amazing young lady praying for God to bring the perfect one into her life! She’s a very hard worker too! I’ve often said my sisters are so rare In this world that too bad they are my sisters! Lol, but that being said your sisters need to feel loved and protected by their brothers, not worried about them and or feel threatened that’s sickening!!!! Try to treat your sisters, and mom like a queen, and your marriage will be a-little easier! I absolutely love to be right but the truth of the matter is I’m wrong a decent amount, and if you  can’t admit that now. Good Luck once you get married. 

Have a very blessed evening everyone, and if you’re still reading this you’re probably about ready for a nap! Lol, it’s a bit long! 😁

Yikes!

That entire diatribe by Timothy is off-the-wall crazy.  BME has destroyed him.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Interesting Rodrigues Family Academy Homeschool errors:

why not just ere' on the side of safe  (a KJV word)

handing a track to someone  (This is the family "business," for Pete's sake)  

if you are a able bodily Christian  (I can't explain this.)

After reading this screed, if I didn't know better, I'd think Tim was growing special mushrooms behind his trailer. 

Track is unforgivable.

57 minutes ago, Abmis said:

But, I will say if you are a able bodily Christian there is no reason why you should be regular just staying home, and missing church. 

That whole sentence makes my brain hurt.  I will say that I think "a able bodily Christian" like his dad should get a job.

Some people have been staying safe at home and attending church/mass online, Timothy. You know, because there’s still a deadly global pandemic raging. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14