Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Temperance said:

I posted Sarah Maxwell's post about her niece Madeline Sue, but here's Chelsy's post on her own blog.  She says her due date was mid-September, but Sarah says the baby is about 10 weeks early. 

Chelsy says the baby is looking at possibly 2 months in the NICU. It wouldn't surprise me if the stay was shorter than that, but probably at least a month. I'm sending good vibes to Chelsy, John, baby Madeline, and the Maxwell family.

With premature infants, I think the rule of thumb is that they will probably stay until their due date.  So, that's probably the estimate the doctor gave them.  It will all depend on how quickly she develops.  (The Maxwells have some serious medical bills coming up.  NICU stays aren't cheap.  My son was in the NICU for 3 days because of hypoglycemia, and it was about $5000 - maybe more.)

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Jill describes Tessie as "obedient." What is she, a dog? To me, when some calls their child that, it takes on a whole new meaning.

Words we won't see in a Rodlet birthday tribute: academic, adventurous, ambitious, artistic, athletic, authentic, clever, confident, creative, curious, easy-going, funny, imaginative, insightful, intelligent, intellectual, inventive, open-minded, outspoken, upbeat, witty.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Her eyes looked jacked up to me.

That's nothing new for Janelle. She's always looked a little stoned to me. (I watched their show's first season.) 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6

Carter family kids are dressed in appropriate summer clothes. And gasp girls are revealing shoulders and knees. Nike! I bet Jill isn’t happy. But a grifter gotta grift. Wonder how much $$$ Carter family spent feeding gut with ears and manic blonde at the good Olive Garden.

• Love 21

I audibly gasped when I scrolled through those pictures. The friend's kids have chubby cheeks, healthy color and strong limbs. The Rods look like you could literally snap them in half. Jill and Shrek are going to burn in hell for the way they've abused and neglected their children.

• Love 11

Looks like Janessa has another dress from the Amish thrift shop. Jill must have been overjoyed to find that resource so she can indulge her fantasies about being Amish. That dress is long enough to trip on, so I hope Janessa doesn't have to wear tights under it for additional modesty. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Even the (beloved baby Janessa?) looks starved. 

5F90B5E9-247F-47A9-A1BF-6D725A73E821.jpeg

A91695E8-9DE7-40AA-935F-AE00E8F903DF.jpeg

I think we all knew that Janessa would soon start looking skinny and hollow-eyed when she was weaned from the breast, and our assumptions were correct.  Words can’t describe how much I despise Shrek and Jill.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Words we won't see in a Rodlet birthday tribute: academic, adventurous, ambitious, artistic, athletic, authentic, clever, confident, creative, curious, easy-going, funny, imaginative, insightful, intelligent, intellectual, inventive, open-minded, outspoken, upbeat, witty.

They probably don't know what half those words mean.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Madtown said:

Jill describes Tessie as "obedient." What is she, a dog? To me, when some calls their child that, it takes on a whole new meaning.

Jeremy called Jinger something similar IIRC 🥲

3 hours ago, irisheyes said:

With premature infants, I think the rule of thumb is that they will probably stay until their due date.  So, that's probably the estimate the doctor gave them.  It will all depend on how quickly she develops.  (The Maxwells have some serious medical bills coming up.  NICU stays aren't cheap.  My son was in the NICU for 3 days because of hypoglycemia, and it was about $5000 - maybe more.)

MommyRabbittron here and 3 out my 4 kids were in the Nicu and even though I had great insurance all 3 kids were put on Medicaid as soon as they got to put in to the nicu.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Jill; don't touch Tessie's eyebrows...they look beautiful the natural way they are.

Let's not encourage Jill of the Giant Personality Disorder. Jill will ruin Tessie's eyebrows just to spite the haters. 

I wonder if Jill even notices the difference of how her children look next to these healthy kids. The Rodlets all look so sickly and malnourished. 

And what the hell is Jill wearing? 

• Love 11
(edited)

jill probably doesn't notice the difference in the looks of the kids. She was probably "burdened" by the need to pray over the scandalous clothing the carter family kids were wearing.

How Gabriel was allowed to touch even the hand of a girl with her arms and knees showing and wearing shoes that Jill would certainly deem masculine, is beyond me. 

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 13

Just like when JillR looks in the mirror and sees perfection, I’m sure she thinks her kids look great. Modest, obedient and very thin. And we are just jealous heathens trying to SEVERLY persecute her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

MommyRabbittron here and 3 out my 4 kids were in the Nicu and even though I had great insurance all 3 kids were put on Medicaid as soon as they got to put in to the nicu.

There is a federal program that covers micropreemies which means that all newborns who meet the criteria automatically get Medicaid to prevent bankrupting their families.  Dialysis patients get similar coverage for the same reason.  Josie Duggar would've been covered by Medicaid, too.  In general, a micropreemie weighs 1000g (2.2 lbs) or less, which means the Maxwell baby, weighing over 3 lbs, wouldn't qualify.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

(and her wonderful husband - Nathan) 

I guess Nathan is incidental.

Notice Jill didn't say Nurie's husband Nathan Keller, brother of Anna Duggar. 

I guess those days are over. Poor Jilly. She almost grabbed the golden ring but missed. Fortunately, I don't think Nurie cares. Now she has someone who loves her and feeds her. 

• Love 17
7 hours ago, Teriacky said:

I wonder if Jill even notices the difference of how her children look next to these healthy kids. The Rodlets all look so sickly and malnourished. 

And what the hell is Jill wearing? 

Jill is wearing a top that emphasizes her boobs lol

eye trap 

Nike! 

• LOL 6

I think Jill has no problem with the "immodest" clothes the Carter children are wearing because her awesome friends the Carters will INSIST on taking Jill, Hunky and waifs out to a restaurant. Jill has the most loving heart imaginable when free food is involved. Her loving heart becomes so HUGE it almost pops open the buttons on her blouse when she finds out the restaurant is the good Olive Garden or the Amish buffet. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

If they get treated to the "good" Olive Garden, do the kids get a breastick each?  I hope so,  they need the carbs.

A "good" Olive Garden would bring a basket of breadsticks for each Rodlet.  They are technically unlimited like the salad (or soup).  This would be one of the few times when the Rodlets don't have to give up their food for their parents.  Jill probably forces her kids to gorge themselves on the "free" food, and even knows to ask for more salad and breadsticks when their entrée is served for leftovers.  Honestly, Jill would be a nightmare for the staff when her horde descends on the OG.  She would be the one who would have every other child get the never-ending pasta dish and "share" with his/her siblings.  It would not matter to Jill if that is against OG policy.  Jill will find a way to get the most food for the lowest price.  They would all drink water except for Shrek and Herself, and Jill will run the staff ragged bringing back bowl after bowl of salad or soup and baskets of breadsticks.  Then they will leave a tract as a tip.  But, hey, at least her kids will feel full for a day even if they are still malnourished.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I never had Olive Garden 

Is it that good?

No, it is mediocre Italian food that you would only eat if something better wasn't available.

Back when they lived in W Va, there were apparently 2 Olive Gardens near their home and Jill used to differentiate between them by calling one the 'good' Olive Garden.  I think the bad Olive Garden wouldn't let them hand out Jesus pamphlets to other diners or asked them to be quieter during their 20 minutes of loud prayer prior to eating.  Or, too many women customers in sluttish clothing,  I doubt it had anything to do with the actual food.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Back when they lived in W Va, there were apparently 2 Olive Gardens near their home and Jill used to differentiate between them by calling one the 'good' Olive Garden.  I think the bad Olive Garden wouldn't let them hand out Jesus pamphlets to other diners or asked them to be quieter during their 20 minutes of loud prayer prior to eating.  Or, too many women customers in sluttish clothing,  I doubt it had anything to do with the actual food.

There was also something about a transgendered person in the ladies room with Jill, or was that at the IHOP?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, sheshark said:

There was also something about a transgendered person in the ladies room with Jill, or was that at the IHOP?

It was an IHOP. A transgender employee was touching up her makeup when Jill came out of the stall and Jill had a meltdown and was totally shocked when the manager didn't immediately fire the employee or call the cops.  She and Shrek actually approached a police officer outside the restaurant who not only didn't arrest the transgender person, but actually knew who they were and obviously didn't care that they used the ladies' room.

Jill was appalled.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 2
14 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Oh my stars! I knew JillR had encountered a transgender person in the restroom but I had not actually read her full description. She is a true wacko. I’m sure she exaggerated quite a bit, but why did she feel endangered? Sounds like the person was merely applying makeup, not threatening or even paying attention to JillR. I especially like how everyone was so sympathetic to her and her beliefs, but still didn’t do anything. I would guess the manager and police just wanted to get rid of her.

• Love 13
On 7/10/2021 at 6:14 PM, Westiepeach said:

Tessie, you are beautiful. If your mother comes after you with tweezers… run. Just run. I don’t care where you run to… just freakin’ run.

Tessie is a very pretty young lady.

She has bits of David and Jill that have come together beautifully- which happens. Sometimes kids take a bit of both parents and end up looking better than both of them.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

E50CE9A9-3653-4FFA-A5BC-32DAE76119F0.jpeg

She looks lovely!  I wonder if that outfit is brand new or secondhand/consignment store?

12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I never had Olive Garden 

Is it that good?

Not in my opinion.

• Love 4
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Tessie is a very pretty young lady.

She has bits of David and Jill that have come together beautifully- which happens. Sometimes kids take a bit of both parents and end up looking better than both of them.

Tessie reminds me very much(in looks) of the character, Angela, on the old series "Bones."  I agree that she is a pretty young lady. Very striking in looks. 

Edited by Liddy52
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

So this transgender person didn't look at her or talk to her or threaten her in any way, but she was hysterical and shaking. I hope she never has to live in the real world. I was at a beach in Cannes, France, where the bathroom stalls had no doors and you had to "do your business" while people walked by to the other stalls. And I survived, although I did have a little performance anxiety of trying to pee while people were walkin' on by. 

That's the problem with these people, when they isolate themselves so much that they can't handle anything at all. Her whole story basically proves the point that transgender people are no threat at all in the bathroom. 

• Love 18

Jill's dramatic recollection of the event sounds like a bad novel. I'm surprised she didn't faint from her shock and outrage. I guess someone would have called an ambulance and that would have been expensive for the Rods.  

I like how the story leads with her sister Amy's broken neck because Amy's accident has always been all about Jill. I would like to have seen Shrek's eyes bug out with concern. Doesn't he look bad enough with his eyes in his head? 

Jill, your story makes me laugh. I'd rather see a calm trans person in a bathroom than an overwrought graduate of the Joyful Noyes Home School Academy running around a restaurant shouting Bible verses.  

• Love 16