Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 12/30/2020 at 11:42 PM, iwantcookies said:

So after dragging them around in the cold weather forcing them to sing outside ... 

their reward is frozen treats. That way they all get a cold?! Or worse. 

Cheapo Jill should have gotten them hot chocolate or tea. 

I always lurk here because i am too horrified to say anything about these people.  Not about this particular picture (which.. ugh).. but all the younger kids look like that commercial for St. Jude's or back then from the packed trains (not going into detail.. i think you know what i mean).  This has to be child abuse.. those poor little ones look physically sick.  Has NO ONE tried to intervene with them?? I just want to take them and feed them.. only JILL looks healthy - bitch.. SMH

• Love 5

@Boston, Rumor has it that Jill and David have been investigated and have fled a previous state or two. The children are not only thin and sallow, they are woefully uneducated and poorly socialized. The converted auto repair/detailing garage (aka The Barndo) in rural Ohio would be the perfect hideout for this little cult except Jill has to splash everything on social media. 

Jill may look healthy but her neck is growing, possibly signaling a thyroid issue (or maybe just old age, ha, ha). David is grossly overweight. He might have diabetes or heart disease, but regular checkups don't exist in this family so no one will know until there is a crisis or Jill becomes pregnant (ugh). 

Jill is Jill's main interest. She likes shopping, hair and makeup, decorating, dining in "good" restaurants, and keeping her face on camera. Her sloppy, lazy husband serves as sperm donor and enabler. 

The good news is that Nurie and her husband Nathan, who has a job and works regularly, are visiting from Florida, where they sometimes go to the beach and have fun. Nathan seems to want to keep Nurie happy and is willing to indulge his worthless in-laws and help his neglected nieces and nephews. The kids will eat full meals and get outside the compound as long as Nathan and Nurie are there to pay for everything. When they leave, it's sadly business as usual for the Rods.  

• Love 9

All the R-slaves are up at midnight to be photographed drinking a glass of Sparkling Grape Juice and welcoming a new year that will be as miserable as the old year for most of them? Don't most of the kids have to be up at dawn to start cooking and cleaning? And there is not enough alcohol on earth to ease the yuckiness of seeing Jill and Shrek kissing. Thanks, Jill. 

Maybe NYC sets off fireworks to celebrate that the Rods are now another state's problem.

To the rest of you--Have a very happy, safe, and fulfilling 2021!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

When did they live in New York City? Is that their television? That’s a huge tv for a long time unemployed couple with a dozen children. Especially if they’re opposed to most mainstream entertainment. I love how Jill makes up these “traditions” as she goes along. The traditional rotten pumpkin meals and now the traditional NYE ball drop. Sure Jill. 

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

When did they live in New York City? Is that their television? That’s a huge tv for a long time unemployed couple with a dozen children. Especially if they’re opposed to most mainstream entertainment. I love how Jill makes up these “traditions” as she goes along. The traditional rotten pumpkin meals and now the traditional NYE ball drop. Sure Jill. 

With the usual caveats about Jill's honesty, she seems to have consistently said they lived in New York City early in their marriage. (I love her random all caps LIVE in that post though. 🤣)

Here's a blog post from a few years ago saying their first two children were born when they lived in NYC:

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2061

And David's bio claims he was living in Queens before he got married:

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?page_id=169

So, does that mean Nurie and Tim were both born in NYC?

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
18 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

And why would anyone in the entire world give a good goddam whether David drank alcohol or not?  He's a middle aged man, why would it matter if he did have a drink?  Shut up, Jill.

That was my thought! Who gives a damn if a legal aged man has a drink on new year's eve? JRod just has to make every little thing into showing how "pious" they are and no one cares. Jesus turned water into wine, Jill.

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, emma675 said:

That was my thought! Who gives a damn if a legal aged man has a drink on new year's eve? JRod just has to make every little thing into showing how "pious" they are and no one cares. Jesus turned water into wine, Jill.

I thought he turned the water into  grape juice.

• LOL 19
On 12/30/2020 at 5:01 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

FU INTERNETZ!!!!!11 Shrek works, y'all!!!! Jill posted that he made a shit ton of tracts. I wonder who pays for those?

He probably gets paid $0.05 per tract if they come to that church.

9 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

@Boston, Rumor has it that Jill and David have been investigated and have fled a previous state or two. The children are not only thin and sallow, they are woefully uneducated and poorly socialized. The converted auto repair/detailing garage (aka The Barndo) in rural Ohio would be the perfect hideout for this little cult except Jill has to splash everything on social media. 

Jill may look healthy but her neck is growing, possibly signaling a thyroid issue (or maybe just old age, ha, ha). David is grossly overweight. He might have diabetes or heart disease, but regular checkups don't exist in this family so no one will know until there is a crisis or Jill becomes pregnant (ugh). 

Jill is Jill's main interest. She likes shopping, hair and makeup, decorating, dining in "good" restaurants, and keeping her face on camera. Her sloppy, lazy husband serves as sperm donor and enabler. 

The good news is that Nurie and her husband Nathan, who has a job and works regularly, are visiting from Florida, where they sometimes go to the beach and have fun. Nathan seems to want to keep Nurie happy and is willing to indulge his worthless in-laws and help his neglected nieces and nephews. The kids will eat full meals and get outside the compound as long as Nathan and Nurie are there to pay for everything. When they leave, it's sadly business as usual for the Rods.  

Not a rumor. They were visited by CPS in WV. Not sure about NY, but I wouldn't be surprised.

• Useful 3
59 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Didn’t goos ol’ Dave drink alcohol before he found God? 

It’s a way to shove into our face how religious and good boy he is.

Where in NYC? I thought Dave was from Rochester?

The thing I found and linked to earlier did say they were both originally from Rochester. Jill didn't mention any specifics, but David's about page mentions Queens. 

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

My question is, why single out David in terms of clarifying that he drank grape juice? Nathan is of age as well. 

Or simply say "We're all ringing in the new year with some sparkling cider" or whatever the fuck they were drinking. 

• Love 14

To real New Yorkers, referring to living 'in the city' is living in Manhattan. The other 4 boroughs aren't considered living in the city. I lived in Brooklyn for years...even the train station I took to work every morning had signs either "to Coney Island...or 'To City'" meaning, Manhattan. JillR should have said that they lived in Queens, NY. She's such an idiot.

• Love 17

NYC, sparkling juice. For someone who constantly tells others to shun evil worldly ways, she sure wants to humble brag a picture of a cosmopolitan life. A life that is bad, bad, bad. Make up your mind JillR.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

NYC, sparkling juice. For someone who constantly tells others to shun evil worldly ways, she sure wants to humble brag a picture of a cosmopolitan life. A life that is bad, bad, bad. Make up your mind JillR.

And large-screen TV in the love nest. Jill secretly wishes for a glamorous, luxury-filled lifestyle, so she protests too much. However, I assume she had choices when she married Shrek and started pumping out kids she and hubby couldn't afford to feed or house properly. 

Jill is more Love After Lockup than Sex and the City. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Or simply say "We're all ringing in the new year with some sparkling cider" or whatever the fuck they were drinking. 

But cider is a drink. See also Bulmers.....

How do these fundies explain away that people in the olden days that they hanker after so badly drank wine and beer, not water, because water would have killed you?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Queens is one of the 5 boroughs. I’m also from one of the five boroughs, and I have never said I lived in NYC. 

2 hours ago, floridamom said:

To real New Yorkers, referring to living 'in the city' is living in Manhattan. The other 4 boroughs aren't considered living in the city. I lived in Brooklyn for years...even the train station I took to work every morning had signs either "to Coney Island...or 'To City'" meaning, Manhattan. JillR should have said that they lived in Queens, NY. She's such an idiot.

That makes sense. I've never been to New York, but I have seen people make that geographic distinction. 

Haha I feel strangely reassured that Jill was caught lying once again. 🙃

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

How do these fundies explain away that people in the olden days that they hanker after so badly drank wine and beer, not water, because water would have killed you?

That was a hoax. Also, it only killed sinners.

• LOL 20
  • Love 1

I will never understand people like Jill who insist that Jesus turned water into grape juice but insist that everything in the bible is true. I mean the man said he turned water into wine, did Jesus lie Jill?

Those poor children look like refugees lately.

• Love 18

No offense to anyone ...

If you read just a few of the stories in the Bible its very apparent to me, some were drinking copious amounts of alcohol. How else could you make some of that stuff up?

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

right?

Lot and his daughters are a great one to start with on that

In Genesis 19, Lot and his family flee Sodom after being warned by angels of the impending destruction of the city and the neighboring city Gomorrah. While the angels warned them not to look back, Lot’s wife turns back to gaze upon the destruction and is subsequently turned into a pillar of salt (19:26).[1] Now left with only his two daughters and frightened by the experience, Lot removes himself and his daughters from the city of Zoar, to which they escaped, to live in a cave in the hills away from any civilization.

Lot’s daughters are concerned about their solitude and the possibility of preserving humanity, so they decide to get their father drunk and have intercourse with him with the goal of getting pregnant (Gen 19:31–33):

As a NYer yeah NYC means Manhattan. I say I live in NY. Where? Then I name the borough. 

Staten Island is like Long Island or as I call it the forgotten borough. Not accessible by train and mostly home owners live there. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

right?

Lot and his daughters are a great one to start with on that

In Genesis 19, Lot and his family flee Sodom after being warned by angels of the impending destruction of the city and the neighboring city Gomorrah. While the angels warned them not to look back, Lot’s wife turns back to gaze upon the destruction and is subsequently turned into a pillar of salt (19:26).[1] Now left with only his two daughters and frightened by the experience, Lot removes himself and his daughters from the city of Zoar, to which they escaped, to live in a cave in the hills away from any civilization.

Lot’s daughters are concerned about their solitude and the possibility of preserving humanity, so they decide to get their father drunk and have intercourse with him with the goal of getting pregnant (Gen 19:31–33):

That whole story is mind-bogglingly awful...The part just before that says:

19 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.”

“No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.”

3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

No offense to anyone ...

If you read just a few of the stories in the Bible its very apparent to me, some were drinking copious amounts of alcohol. How else could you make some of that stuff up?

It is extremely clear in the bible that drinking is not forbidden. It is drunkenness that is the sin. These people are wackos

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Maybe they watched Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper getting sloshed on NYE.. maybe he switched to real wine (doubt it) but who cares?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Those New Year's hands up photos look like creepy Victorian photographs in which a "child spirit" appears in a bottom corner. That little girl doesn't look quite right. 

None of them look “quite right.”

• Love 9

In the videos Jill posted, there’s giggling, uncomfortable giggling, and as she turns to show the kids in her room, everyone is not moving. They must have been given a signal, and then they’re all waving and smiling. It’s strange. Same thing in the not drinking alcohol video taken in the kitchen.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2