Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Triple P said:

How many times has Jrod posted pictures of the other girls wearing summer footwear in winter or other seasonally inappropriate clothing? (Too many to count.)

I nearly guffawed at the portion of the caption about teaching Sofia about seasonally appropriate footwear.

Also if they are such great homemakers, why isn't Jrod darning the holey stockings?

The Duggars girls used to be pictured outside in the winter wearing flip flots.  What is it with these fundies and their obsession with flip flops?

• Love 2

There are only 2 reasons anyone ever had a phone out in church at the last one I attuned regularly.  Firstly, my mother-in-law (pastor's wife) recorded little clips for the church's FB page, and second.. well not a phone, but I use a bible app and an app for hymns so I can actually read them because I'm legally blind.  That's it.  No pics, no calls, no wi-fi  (ok, I used the Wi-Fi from the pastorium where my in-laws lived, but that was a stretch and nobody else had the password

• Love 6
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

No, even the Duggars want nothing to do with crazy Jill and her offspring.  When we say she’s crazy, we mean CRAZY.  Check her out on YouTube, and you’ll see what I mean.  You can type in Jill Rodrigues or David Rodrigues or Rodrigues Family Ministries in the YouTube search bar and locate her videos that way.  She has several.

Word. There's crazy and then there's CRAZY. 

@Twopper I think the best summation of Jill is that this woman once took a selfie of herself and her daughters at the funeral of 3 children she didn't know. She also livestreamed parts of it. And this wasn't even a local funeral IIRC.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

My Catholic Church always asks people to turn off their cell phones right before the Mass begins.  

They ask people to do that in my Catholic Church, too.  But there was one time when someone forgot to do so.  
It was during the funeral of one of our most well known parishioners, a great guy who along with his wife, were parents of 8 children.  They were very active in many areas of  the church and the local community.

During the sermon, given by a priest who had sort of been adopted by the family as a son, someone’s phone rang.  The priest paused his sermon and said “Paul, we knew you got to heaven safely.  But did you didn’t have to call us to let us know!”

• LOL 17
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Ha. You and I are clearly of an era. The creepily cheery “Drop and cover” song still lives in my brain. Even as an eight-year-old I remember rolling my eyes over the whole idea. (Yes I was a very early eye roller...surprising no one here I’m sure!)

I remember these drills when I was a child in the 50's.  When I was teaching in the 70's and 80's, we were supposed to have random practice in our classrooms.  The teacher next door to me was much older, and much wider.  She realized that she could not fit under her desk, so when she decided to do a random drill, she decided to get on her hands and knees under the piano.  Wouldn't you know, in walks the principal, on just  his usual drop in visit, and finds every child under a desk, and the teacher under the piano.  The teacher was quite embarrassed, but was very funny when retelling the incident.  I still remember being told as a child how to sit with my hands behind my neck and my head down.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, 65mickey said:

The Duggars girls used to be pictured outside in the winter wearing flip flots.  What is it with these fundies and their obsession with flip flops?

its more a southern thing...in the south ...you can have your furnace on at 7am and your air conditioner on at 3pm...:)..you really can get 4 seasons in one day...so wearing of flip flops is a hold over ..more than likely from warm weather

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Dimi1 said:

The Duggars girls used to be pictured outside in the winter wearing flip flops.  What is it with these fundies and their obsession with flip flops?

At least with the Duggars, they wear them because flip flops are cheap, especially when you buy them at the dollar store or pick up used ones at a thrift shop (YUCK!!!). And it falls in with the approved dress code for young girls invented by that creepy old perv Bill Gothard (who's gone now, but whose influence was pervasive for many years and is still felt today). Bill liked his IBLP harem to have long banana curls and to expose their bare toes, so that he could indulge his foot fetish.

• Love 10

Jill is full of crap. How old is Sophia? Four? Five? These kids are so malnourished, she could very well be 23-years-old for all I know. There is no way that child put those little raggedy tights on by herself. My mom used to dress me in thick tights for church sometimes and it was most definitely a process. I sat on the bed while she tugged them up, one foot at a time. No way could I have done it myself. That little girl was likely dressed by one of her sister or brother-moms. Jill is attempting to eschew responsibility for her children’s clothing by blaming it on Sophia “dressing herself.” 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 11/6/2020 at 6:27 AM, ozziemom said:

And JillR thinks poor Sophia is cute in that outfit and that we will too. Very sad.

It's not cute, it's neglect. The fact that JillR knows it's inappropriate, both for church and the season, means no one paid attention to Sophia all morning. Granted, I only had 5 children, but I always checked to make sure all of them were presentable before we walked out the door. 

• Love 15

Why is there so much slop (aka Jilly's food) left over at her "entertaining nights"? Seems nobody wants to eat it. Plus, she has no idea how to entertain - lay the table properly, don't dump a fuckton of plastic everywhere and what is up with the tray of whatever it is, jammed by that man??

As for poor Sofiiiiiiiiiiiia, that child is beyond neglect. It's horrifying.

Feed your children, you fucking bitch! Look at that fat slob of a husband who takes up so much space while your children are starving! There is a special kind of hell for your kind.

• Love 19
22 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I can't believe the pastor of her church hasn't told her to knock it off. 

If he told her anything Jill would cry persecution

Once meeting her I think people realize it’s useless to try to change her mind about anything 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

its more a southern thing...in the south ...you can have your furnace on at 7am and your air conditioner on at 3pm...:)..you really can get 4 seasons in one day...so wearing of flip flops is a hold over ..more than likely from warm weather

No I don't see this as a southern thing. I have lived in the deep south all of my life and never once did I or anyone that I know wear flip flops in the winter.  Weather doesn't change in a mater of hours here. This is a strange phenomenon exhibited by these fundie women. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

No I don't see this as a southern thing. I have lived in the deep south all of my life and never once did I or anyone that I know wear flip flops in the winter.  Weather doesn't change in a mater of hours here. This is a strange phenomenon exhibited by these fundie women. 

I live in New England where we can have three seasons in a matter of a day. You might catch someone in flip flops in late fall or early spring, but usually its guys.

• Love 2

I live in the South, suffer through crazy seasonal changes in a day, and don't wear flip flops. Barefoot or GTFO. 🤣

I really don't know that flip flops are a "Southern" thing, though they may well be popular with some folks who live in the South. I think they wear flip flops because they're too cheap and lazy to actually spend time shoe shopping for all those kids. 

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Why does David always looks like someone punched him in the face?

It’s Jill’s body odor and screeching personality lol

I think Jill smells like cheap perfume and hairspray and smelly pits due to her love of polyester 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I cannot deal with that bitch Jill at the best of times but her unfounded claims about masks and her other conspiracy theories are driving me over the edge.  I would love to know how many of her followers on Instagram are hate following her, and how many are true "fans".  The fact that she never allows comments leads me to believe she does not have a lot of admirers.

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I cannot deal with that bitch Jill at the best of times but her unfounded claims about masks and her other conspiracy theories are driving me over the edge.  I would love to know how many of her followers on Instagram are hate following her, and how many are true "fans".  The fact that she never allows comments leads me to believe she does not have a lot of admirers.

I’m not a fan but I follow her.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Good news. FB (and maybe IG?) removed the mask nonsense. Jill probably feels persecuted. 🙄

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15
20 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I’d rather chop mine off then ever go into a Walmart.

LOL I understand completely! It's not my preference, but I have very limited options around here. 

• Love 4

Walmart is street theater, kind of like Jill and family. Bad theater, but theater nontheless. I've done some of my best people watching there. 

But I hate shopping and I haven't been in a Walmart in a year due to the virus.

• Love 9

When we had to replace our entire household of belongings I figured out that Home Depot, Lowes and Target sell almost anything Walmart does and often at the same or lower prices. Back in the day we had Bradlee's, Caldor's and K-Mart which offered more choices.

Walmart is just too damn crowded for me, even before the pandemic.

The sandals Sophia is wearing look sparkly new. JillR knew she had them on with the hole in the tights as well. We see all the girls wearing too large tube socks and no socks at all. A church goer probably pointed it out in a sweet way and Jill made an untrue post about it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Walmart is street theater, kind of like Jill and family. Bad theater, but theater nontheless. I've done some of my best people watching there. 

But I hate shopping and I haven't been in a Walmart in a year due to the virus.

My former son in law always referred to going to Walmart as "going to the Circus of Human Misery"  - it made me laugh because that summed it up so well. I think of that every time i find myself thinking to venture in a Walmart

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Jill probably wears her mask under her nose when she cruises Walmart.

I have done grocery pickup from three grocery stores plus Walmart.  Walmart is by far the more organized and the easiest store to work with. And surprisingly, when we have ordered steaks, they were fine.  Before covid I would never have bought meat at Walmart.  Now I do all my grocery pickup from Walmart and when I venture into a store I pick one of the grocery stores at a quiet time.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Sit down, little boy.

Ok I'll be totally contrary to my usual snark and say he at least recognizes punctuation and his handwriting is that of a 3rd grader.

Whoops, didn't quite make it there.

• LOL 9
16 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I’d rather chop mine off then ever go into a Walmart.

To be fair, I go there once a week to get great value cherry pop tarts. $1.50 for a box of 12. I'll also pick up a stray item or two. 

• Love 4

So someone was mean to her or more likely disagreed with her? You are on a tv show with a bunch of famewhores so critique kind of goes with the territory. Not that people should be total assholes, and we know that happens to be the hobby of quite a few people online.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 6