Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I had a dream I went to a Fundie gathering. Jill was there. Everyone was waiting for Nurie and Nathan to show up. JB Duggar was there too.

More like a nightmare. lol

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
(edited)
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

10 pictures:

Looks like they went to Edgewater Park in Cleveland after the airport, although there are a lot of public beaches around these parts and there isn't enough identifying scenery. Heck, the beach two minutes' walk from my house has concrete pilings like those.  Once again, no more than 10 minutes from my house and yet I didn't smell the sulphur.  We did get a gorgeous double rainbow after that storm.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

How blind she is.  That everyone gets to have their human rights is a problem for this fool.  While swooning over someone in office who she has fawned over in the past.   Who if she didn't agree with she'd think was the anti-christ.  Rainbows are for everyone not just hating fundies.

Edited by wilsie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19

"God is so faithful?"  What the hell does that even mean? 

With all of the horrible things going on in the world, the fact that she thinks God is listening to her prayers about home decorating dilemmas is just mind boggling. Selfish much?

Note the tv- I guess they don't follow the Duggar model.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Insert Username said:

In the picture of the master bedroom from the hallway, I counted 30...THIRTY pictures of Jill and OfJill 

Wow, thanks for taking one for the team and counting.

In comparison,  there are two 8x10 wedding photos of me & Mr. Barb that have lived on his dresser in our bedroom for 35 years (along with 2 smaller childhood photos of Son of Barb.)  

Thank goodness I don't feel the need to have my wedding album displayed like Jill does.  All I see are dust collectors. 

• Love 4

J and D get a brand new TV and nice furniture.

The kids get computers from year 2000 and busted dressers stacked in front of beds. 

You might be birthing an army for Jesus but you both certainly don’t care for the kids at all.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Insert Username said:

In the picture of the master bedroom from the hallway, I counted 30...THIRTY pictures of Jill and OfJill 

Hahaha! He sure is a productive handmaid. Blessed be the rotten fruit.

That bedroom looks like the the cheapest room at Great Wolf Lodge, also known as Hell’s backwoods, slack-jawed Disney World fer barefoot youngins’. 

• LOL 8

That's it,  Jill needs an intervention about her decorating and treatment of her children. Maybe the combo is enough for the "immoral" authorities to get involved. Her bedroom is a crime against humanity.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Poor Sadie looks particularly unhealthy. A six year old's eyes shouldn't look so.... hollow. 

I think Sophia looks especially sallow and tiny.  She's four and not much bigger than Janessa.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, louannems said:

I think Sophia looks especially sallow and tiny.  She's four and not much bigger than Janessa.

Sophia is tiny, but she seems to have a bit of spunk in her eyes. Sadie looks tall for her age, she's barely shorter than Olivia. 

I will say, Janessa is adorable, but seeing as she's probably the only kid getting close to the proper nourishment she needs, and all signs are pointing to Jill being pregnant again, that probably won't last long. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I thought the exact same thing!  I guess he does have a good angle. 

With apologies to Gloria Swanson: "I'm ready for my close-up, Mrs. Rodrigues." 😉 

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

It looked fine and then she had to throw that on it! 

Agree.And I can't imagine the bugs that are going to get caught in the fluff outside.Not to mention when it rains!

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Thank you! It was every bit as awful as I figured it would be. 😂

Yes.I'm not sure why Amy is laying so far back in her wheelchair,but I hope she's ok.I'm guessing she might have pressure sores.

I think Kaylee and Renee are both pretty

(edited)
21 hours ago, coconspirator said:

Their master bedroom isn't bad at all compared to the other rooms and that's the problem: once again Jill and David are all about Jill and David, not their kids. 

That's a fact.  Jill and David have a bedroom large enough for a king sized bed, at least 2 dressers, an upholstered chair and multiple walls covered with photos of Jill's favorite subject.   Meanwhile, the girls are piled into bunkbeds in a room where much of the wall space is taken up by the bunks and the floor space is such that most of their dressers are pushed against the beds rather than the walls, creating an obstacle course to try to get out of bed, let alone to navigate across the room.  God help them all should there ever be a fire or other emergency.

If Jill could've perhaps edited the marital shrine in her bedroom a bit, a dresser or two from the girls' room could've been placed against those walls and freed up a little bit of floor space for those poor girls jammed in that room like sardines.  But, no, at least 30 photos of her wedding 20+ years ago is the bare minimum required in Jill's tribute to herself.

Looking at photos of the kids; I don't know how anyone can look at Janessa and compare her to every single one of her siblings and think that Jills' insistence that her other kids are naturally thin could possibly be true.  Janessa looks like a regular weight, healthy toddler.  The other kids look like refugees from a famine.  Presuming Jill is pregnant, it's going to be interesting to see how Janessa develops over the next year or two as she is replaced by another blessing.  I also wonder if Janessa doesn't have regular visits with a pediatric neurologist and Jill is careful to make sure she looks healthy and well fed to avoid any questions about what she feeds her kids-or doesn't..

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill's been busy.

Renee looks like she is wearing a couch slipcover. A truly hideous dress.

The 3 little starving orphan Annie’s. 1 that still eats that’s something. 1/13 looks well fed.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I never thought Annelle from Steel Magnolias was a style icon.  Learn something new every day. 

Damn, they straight up called Renee a servant. 

53 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

The 3 little starving orphan Annie’s. 1 that still eats that’s something. 1/13 looks well fed.

As of a couple of months ago, Janessa was still nursing.  That, along with eating food, is why she looks like a child SHOULD look.  I’m sure that she’s being weaned now that Jill is knocked up again so in about a year, she’ll look like a concentration camp victim.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

The print itself isn’t awful, but there’s SO MUCH of the dress and it has no shape. If just the skirt were that print and the top a solid white with short sleeves (or a shade of pink) it could be cute.

I recall Lauren Duggar wore a floral print similar two Easters ago but it was more fitted, but Lauren Duggar knows she has a nice shape to her junk in her trunk, and dresses to show that- although she’s modest. 

These people love to take photos of themselves but have no style at all. 

• Love 4

The Bontragers put up a new family blog post. It's filled with pictures and it's clear they're not social distancing in the slightest. Selfish covidiots!

Still no word on Chelsy and the baby. I reread her blog post about the birth of Axton and it was a whole lot crazier than I remembered. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

Is Renee thinner than Nurie? The first picture of her in the red (graduation?) dress - wow, she is thin. I know we comment on their tiny size - that picture is one that really emphasized it for me. There is nothing to her as my grandmother used to say.

Edited by whydoiwatch
  • Love 3