Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The pictures were taken in and around Waco and Laredo. The picture with their backs turned was them contemplating the Rio Grande. They were nowhere near Brazil. :D

That was my initial thought but the geotag takes you to a Rio Grande do Sul In south Brazil. It surprised me they would be that adventurous.  I see they are all that detail oriented and truthful in their social media :roll eyes:

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

Here's the pictureJennifer Hartono has a picture on her IG with Jana and two of the Duggar boys at what seems like an amusement park. 2 days earlier she had a picture tagged to the south of Brazil. It's a bunch of young people with their back to the camera so can't tell if the Dugs were in (or still are) Brazil.  She's leaning right in to one of he boys, maybe Jana and the other one are chaperoning?

trying to insert the picture but not sure if working. 

Laura Maisie is being seen a lot again in photos with the Duggars.  She was at one time linked with John David.  Maybe something is going on with the two of them again.

0 0 1 Laura Maisie.png

On Michaela Bates' instagram she has a post with pictures from her brother-in-law's wedding.  Holy cow! The bride has an absolutely beautiful, perfectly fitted wedding dress that actually shows cleavage! I don't know if Brandon's brother has broken away from the cult so to speak, but that dress is definitely not Gothard approved.  Meanwhile Michaela was wearing the obligatory white t-shirt under a maxi sundress and looks frumpy...

If one of you tech-savvy people could post a link I would be much obliged!  TIA.

• Love 2
(edited)
56 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

On Michaela Bates' instagram she has a post with pictures from her brother-in-law's wedding.  Holy cow! The bride has an absolutely beautiful, perfectly fitted wedding dress that actually shows cleavage! I don't know if Brandon's brother has broken away from the cult so to speak, but that dress is definitely not Gothard approved.  Meanwhile Michaela was wearing the obligatory white t-shirt under a maxi sundress and looks frumpy...

I saw that as well! A whiff of cleavage and sleeveless bridesmaids' dresses. Those scandalous Keilens! Who knew they were such a raunchy bunch! I agree Michael looked ridiculous. It's time to mature and ditch the "baby tees under spaghetti strap dresses" look. It was way too casual for a wedding where everyone else was dolled up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU8WNzFA50r/

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, Mollie said:
21 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Brace yourselves... Brandon's brother has Smuggar's old job at the FRC. No joke. 

I didn't see him listed on the staff page: http://www.frc.org/experts

None of the three FRCAction staff are listed on the FRC staff page. Only the president and vice president are listed on both pages.

3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

If one of you tech-savvy people could post a link I would be much obliged!  TIA.

By @Sew Sumi's post the brother Brent is at least still Fundyish in regard to politics. I think Brandon's sisters wear pants and live alone. Brandon seems to be the Fundiest of the group.

What a beautiful bride the SIL is.

• Love 3

And in contrast, how dumpy Michael looked with a white tee under the spaghetti strap maxi dress. Brandon was a groomsman; she has plenty of nice dresses just from being a bridesmaid. She doesn't even look like she tried. 

That's something you'd wear to a Duggar wedding. 

• Love 12
On 6/4/2017 at 10:19 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Where were the Paines that they heard Staying Alive in the background? Carson is hysterical as he jumps for Jesus. Boob would have stopped this in a hot second. Remember Jackson at the toy store? 

"I'm going nowhere, somebody help me" . . . Gothard rescue theme song.

18 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I remember the Crouches being on TV. They always creeped me out as much as Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker.  Jan Crouch always wore pink wigs, and I never could figure out what that had to do with religion. 

The bigger the hair, the closer to God. Didn't you know that?

• Love 6

I think Michaela tried and failed to be wedding appropriate.  She is wearing the wedding colors and her hair/makeup is beautiful, but would be better suited for a baby shower or backyard bbq than that particular wedding.  I think she's more put together here than at Meema's wedding.  She would be better off if she bought dresses with sleeves like her SIL in the floral dress.  

(edited)

New blog post from TFDW. Nothing we didn't know already, other than Rebekah (the sister who got divorced) is apparently engaged to a man at least 20 years her senior (note rock in the Insta pic below). She could do so much better! :( (edited: Maybe not. Although there is a 33 year age difference, they are apparently already married, and he's loaded.)

Pity that Davey had to add a picture of Smuggar in there, especially given that he's certainly aware of Smuggar's ill-fated lawsuit. Smuggar is front and center with his Iphone, recoding the entire thing, while Waller is already recording it. Dumbass. 

http://davidlovespriscilla.com/2017/06/07/mothers-day-surprise/

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
(edited)

Anna Hackel, who seemed to sort of fulfill the role of Tabby Paine back on the infamous Stink Bus Tour of 2011 (when they thought Anna might give birth to Michael in the bus), and also a bridesmaid for Jessa, has married. She was named as a possible bride for JD way back when. Her groom is of the (former) Vision Forum variety. Note that she's lost the glasses and went sleeveless for her wedding gown (the wedding was uber casual with two of Dougie Phillips' boys acting as groomsmen. In jeans. 

18740801_332041670549262_314628934235711781_n.jpg

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

New blog post from TFDW. Nothing we didn't know already, other than Rebekah (the sister who got divorced) is apparently engaged to a man at least 20 years her senior (note rock in the Insta pic below). She could do so much better! :( (edited: Maybe not. Although there is a 33 year age difference, they are apparently already married, and he's loaded.)

Pity that Davey had to add a picture of Smuggar in there, especially given that he's certainly aware of Smuggar's ill-fated lawsuit. Smuggar is front and center with his Iphone, recoding the entire thing, while Waller is already recording it. Dumbass. 

http://davidlovespriscilla.com/2017/06/07/mothers-day-surprise/

Jesus, Rebekah's fiance looks old enough to be her dad. Which reminds me, I need to wander over to see if John and Esther ever found their plane...

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Jesus, Rebekah's fiance looks old enough to be her dad. Which reminds me, I need to wander over to see if John and Esther ever found their plane...

Or her grandfather!

Let us know what you find out about John's plane.  Maybe Esther sold it for milk and bread money for her brood!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Is that little girl in the pink dress Davia?  She looks sunburnt.  Will she ever grow out of her unfortunate looks? Poor kid looks like a little old lady in the face, but I hope she grows into a raving beauty later.

and their youngest little boy looks a lot like her. poor things

How old is Rebecca?

So the Kellers have at least two pants wearing daughters? 

Is that one of the brothers who hates Josh and encouraged Anna to move out in the picture? That must've been an incredibly awkward visit. 

Im sick of seeing these people flying around in private planes. 

• Love 5

I wondered what happened to that hackel girl. Shes had a lucky escape.

davia is ugly. I hope she will grow out of that or it will be hard for her later on.

mackynzie always seems to look sad these days.

dont dive into shrader territory-that one is losing his marbles fast

• Love 2
2 hours ago, awaken said:

How old is Rebecca?

So the Kellers have at least two pants wearing daughters? 

Is that one of the brothers who hates Josh and encouraged Anna to move out in the picture? That must've been an incredibly awkward visit. 

Im sick of seeing these people flying around in private planes. 

Rebekah is about 33. She, Pris, and Anna are all spaced about 2 years apart. Anna seems to be holding to her mom's pattern which included two four year gaps after Anna and some miscarriages. Anna/Suze is a four year gap and there is a four year gap between Suze and Nathan or David (not sure which one is older). 

Speaking of the Shraders (haha), Esther is knocked up with #11. Her youngest just turned 1. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

and their youngest little boy looks a lot like her. poor things

Paul seems to be the David of the family . All of TFDW's siblings are awkward looking and he was spared the ugly stick .

20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

And in contrast, how dumpy Michael looked with a white tee under the spaghetti strap maxi dress. Brandon was a groomsman; she has plenty of nice dresses just from being a bridesmaid. She doesn't even look like she tried. 

That's something you'd wear to a Duggar wedding. 

I agree.  Being such a great seamstress,  you would think Michael would have whipped up something new or worn one of her bridesmaid's dresses.  Plus I always think the family should look more put together & dressy no matter what the dress code.  It wasn't even a new sundress - how many times have we seen it on the Bates show?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, lianau said:

Paul seems to be the David of the family . All of TFDW's siblings are awkward looking and he was spared the ugly stick .

I agree. Paul's a cutie while the other two? Yikes. Pris and David are attractive people so hopefully Davia and Phillip grow into their looks.

Rebekah is flying around in private jets?! File under #getmoneybitches

• Love 3
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. Paul's a cutie while the other two? Yikes. Pris and David are attractive people so hopefully Davia and Phillip grow into their looks.

Rebekah is flying around in private jets?! File under #getmoneybitches

So you had to send me over to DavidlovesPriscilla to get a better look at the kids!  IMO Davia is looking better and the baby has definitely taken over the slot of homely baby.  Maybe he will improve too.  I wonder if Priscilla is pregnant again?

• Love 1

I was browsing through Pris and David's blog and looked at several videos detailing their home reno. The updated kitchen has custom  cabinets and stainless steel appliances. Exactly how much is Ole Davey pulling in working for ATI? He must not be doing too badly to be able to afford that kind of stuff.

• Love 1
On 6/7/2017 at 8:03 AM, 3 is enough said:

http://brandonandmichaela.com/#

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I was browsing through Pris and David's blog and looked at several videos detailing their home reno. The updated kitchen has custom  cabinets and stainless steel appliances. Exactly how much is Ole Davey pulling in working for ATI? He must not be doing too badly to be able to afford that kind of stuff.

Maybe they were "love offerings" from fans. ;)

• Love 2

Nurie is just 18 or so, right? She's an attractive girl, but why does she look like she's 30?

I mean, I know why - she needs to update her 80s hair and heavy makeup - but does anyone really think that look is helping her? Maybe Jessa's aim can be to help people like Nurie look more their age. I'll take Duggar frump over dated crazy any day.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, McManda said:

Nurie is just 18 or so, right? She's an attractive girl, but why does she look like she's 30?

I mean, I know why - she needs to update her 80s hair and heavy makeup - but does anyone really think that look is helping her? Maybe Jessa's aim can be to help people like Nurie look more their age. I'll take Duggar frump over dated crazy any day.

Well, she needs more baby fat in the face, which she doesn't get because she's lucky to get meals, and those eyebrows are hideous.  Has JillR really not noticed that nowadays eyebrows are lush?

• Love 5
On 6/6/2017 at 6:17 PM, Mollie said:

Laura Maisie is being seen a lot again in photos with the Duggars.  She was at one time linked with John David.  Maybe something is going on with the two of them again.

Is that her in the picture of Jana going out for a walk? I think that' s who I thought it was. 

I think I remember a picture of them together. They are apparently BFFs. I wonder if she's still working at HQ or if she's traded that in to be the Duggars' new "tutor?" 

• Love 1

I bet if JillR hadn't found Jesus she would have been a pageant mom, slapping 50 pounds of makeup on the girls to parade them around on a stage, instead in front of a church.

• Love 23

I don't find Nurie attractive at all, she looks like her batshit crazy Mother. The hair, the tarty make up, the thin sallow haunted looking face, it does not add up to attractive.

The eldest boy, Timothy? just looks weird with the blond hair and sallow colouring........and they all need to fatten up so so badly.

Put that fat slob husband on a diet and let your children eat!

• Love 16