Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I am shocked that Amy gave away pieces of her heart before marrying her husband! I'm sure pious Jill was shocked too, so she married the first guy who showed interest in her to demonstrate proper helpmeet behavior! 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

From reddit 

C78BBC9D-B954-4334-AA1D-D9143E5D42B7.jpeg

Did not know that Amy had a failed engagement… bet Jill gloats and feels superior 

Poor Amy!  Obviously her first fiance' went to Florida, and was seduced by a hussy at the Bible Institute.  I imagine that's the story in the Noyse family.

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
44 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

From reddit 

C78BBC9D-B954-4334-AA1D-D9143E5D42B7.jpeg

Did not know that Amy had a failed engagement… bet Jill gloats and feels superior 

I guess she wasn’t lucky enough to be groomed as an adolescent like Jill. 😳

• Like 5
  • Sad 8

In the chapel service at Phillip's bible school class the pastor starts out by saying I know many of you are going to Tbone and L***''s wedding" You will be getting home after dark, so a reminder it is cold and the deer are active so drive safely.

Tbone is actually the name used

Anyway pastor starts with a joke about how he told Tbone the other day about the 4 rings involved in marriage the engagement ring, the wedding ring, the nose ring and the suffering....

at that point a heckler from the side asks if his wife said that....

I have to wonder again what Phillip thinks about in chapel when things like this get said and does mommy watch these services so she can correct him to the proper way of thinking. Like marriage is the best, most godly thing ever

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 5
50 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Anyway pastor starts with a joke about how he told Tbone the other day about the 4 rings involved in marriage the engagement ring, the wedding ring, the nose ring and the suffering....

Well isn't the pastor a little ray of sunshine. Why would anyone want to get married? Are they all this jaded? That's just pathetic. But I'm sure he thinks he's very funny.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 10
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

Well isn't the pastor a little ray of sunshine. Why would anyone want to get married? Are they all this jaded? That's just pathetic. But I'm sure he thinks he's very funny.

It makes it much more cringe worthy because his audience are unmarried kids still in or barely out of their teens. It’s a stupid “joke” but if he must share it find an appropriate audience. 

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Hooboy, Jill is going after Jinger. Her latest Make Your Life Count Minute is regarding fundamentalism vs. cults. She posted one part in her stories, defining fundamentalism. There are four more parts on her YouTube that I won't listen to. 

She puts forth that fundamentalist believers should take the Bible literally and to call that a cult is getting it twisted. 

She still doesn't understand that Jinger never left Christianity, and probably interprets much of the Bible similarly to Jill. But Jill's not happy unless she's tearing someone else down to make herself look better.

I saw that posted and I couldn’t bear to watch it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
11 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

How does Amy's failed engagement fit in with Jill's narrative about the twins being so identical that no man wanted to get to know them until Kevin came along and got to know both girls and decided to pick Amy? 

Say what? So it’s okay to date the same guy? Lol

Sharing is caring 

• LOL 5
10 hours ago, Chicklet said:

How DARE you say Jill has to make sense and be consistent. She's ...special. She's godly (so she says, I haven't heard God deliver an opinion yet).

She's also one of the dumbest women on the face of the earth.

God be like:

1870713253_mariahcarey.gif.84fff486fd86b56a258aae09f05018e8.gif

• LOL 13
On 1/25/2023 at 3:43 PM, YupItsMe said:

It was a very common term at that time, just means bride-to-be. 

Yes, I've seen it in formal engagement announcements in the South. Of course, Jill and Ofjill weren't in the South, but fundies seem to idolize what they think were antebellum ways, so it fits. 

David's father dying by suicide when David was a little kid puts a different spin on things. 

• Like 5
21 hours ago, beckie said:

Not to mention the fact, that as far as I can see, Amy and Angela don't look very much alike. I've seen twins more "identical" than they are.

Yeah my non-twin sister and I look more alike than they do.  So much so that we actually had t-shirts made that say "yes we're sisters, no we're not twins" because we seem to always be asked those questions when new people see us together.  I wonder if they are actually fraternal twins that people assumed were identical at birth due to being the same gender.  Not sure when our medical technology advanced enough to tell the difference in utero, and once they are born, most parents don't care as long as there aren't medical issues.       

• Like 2

My neighbor had mirror identical twins.  To this day she still swears they aren't identical twins because one is right handed and the other is left handed.  I think Amy and Angie look close enough.  It varies by photo and hairstyle how much they look alike to me.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

My neighbor had mirror identical twins.  To this day she still swears they aren't identical twins because one is right handed and the other is left handed.  I think Amy and Angie look close enough.  It varies by photo and hairstyle how much they look alike to me.  

My locker in HS was next to two twins. I have friends who couldn't tell them apart but I could. Four years seeing someone day in and day out makes that possible. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I hope BME and DBD didn’t guilt Jonathan into taking time off to join the traveling circus, along with a pregnant Kaylee. The only thing that may stop Jill is the thought that the more Jonathan works the more money they can squeeze out of him. Phillip must be thrilled to be able to stay behind. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Jill was impressed and posted a lot about a gas station. Lol

And Jill got snacks probably just for her and hunky.

Jill was wearing a snazzy pink lady blouse hoodie. 

What is up with jills hair? Bangs and it looked dirty, and different colors. Guess Jill ran out of $$$ to fix her hair.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, peppergal said:

Yeah my non-twin sister and I look more alike than they do.  So much so that we actually had t-shirts made that say "yes we're sisters, no we're not twins" because we seem to always be asked those questions when new people see us together.  I wonder if they are actually fraternal twins that people assumed were identical at birth due to being the same gender.  Not sure when our medical technology advanced enough to tell the difference in utero, and once they are born, most parents don't care as long as there aren't medical issues.       

The doctors may have been able to determine that they were identical at birth if there was only one placenta or one amniotic sac.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
31 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

What is up with jills hair? Bangs and it looked dirty, and different colors. Guess Jill ran out of $$$ to fix her hair.

Got her nails done, though. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, SMama said:

Phillip must be thrilled to be able to stay behind. 

I hope Samuel is thinking "I need to get into a trade program or get a job and be out of this damn RV before the 2024 winter grift tour"

Sadly, he is probably not. Mama needs him to carry equipment and set up at the grift churches. Olivia (11), beginner guitar player, has been labeled by mama to be the future replacement for Samuel on guitar on the grift tours.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 3
  • Sad 8

Timothy in jail…….will Jill film it?

Found this:

In most states, the courts consider excessive speeding — which refers to speeding in excess of 15-20 miles per hour over the posted speed limit — as reckless driving, which is a crime. This is because state lawmakers view reckless driving as a willful and wanton disregard for the safety of others. If you receive a reckless driving offense for the first time and without any other violations on your record, the Ohio courts may simply charge you a fine. However, if this is your second offense in one year, you may have to serve jail time.

In Ohio, accumulating 12 points or more on your driving record in a two-year period can result in having your license suspended. 

0DFBF899-9771-4CA2-A5AA-C1AFE39E6DC2.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 11
11 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I have to assume Jill was posting about Buc-Cees here, and that chain of gas stations is rather impressive the first time you go to one.  Jill could spend hours in one looking at the tchotchkes while David checks out the food. 

• LOL 11

I assume one reason the Rod boys are speeding is because they are late getting up to go to work or Bible college. It's not as if they spend their nights partying, drinking or playing video games, so maybe their stellar parents just didn't set a good example of being organized and responsible. 

• Like 15
32 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have to assume Jill was posting about Buc-Cees here, and that chain of gas stations is rather impressive the first time you go to one.  Jill could spend hours in one looking at the tchotchkes while David checks out the food. 

Yes that’s the one! Jill was very impressed lol.

• LOL 6
5 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Yes that’s the one! Jill was very impressed lol.

Buc-Cees are impressive. You would be surprised what they have. Among other things the nicest bathrooms ever. I mean they are Clean!!! ,big and just nice. I may judge Jill for some things but being impressed by Buc-Cees is not one of them

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
43 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Yup

72ABC672-5947-4AC2-AC57-740382E671D4.jpeg

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Buc-Cees are impressive. You would be surprised what they have. Among other things the nicest bathrooms ever. I mean they are Clean!!! ,big and just nice. I may judge Jill for some things but being impressed by Buc-Cees is not one of them

I've been into 2 different Buc-Cees in Texas and Florida.  The one in Texas was big, but it was near Texas Motor Speedway and an outlet mall so not massive.  The one the Rods probably went into is off of 95 between Jacksonville and St. Augustine, and that one is massive.  I stopped there on my way to Disney World last month.  It has at least 50 gas pumps, multiple entrances, multiple checkouts.  There had to be a couple of hundred people in there while I was getting my coffee and Beaver Nuggets (TM) and never felt crowded.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 3
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I assume one reason the Rod boys are speeding is because they are late getting up to go to work or Bible college. It's not as if they spend their nights partying, drinking or playing video games, so maybe their stellar parents just didn't set a good example of being organized and responsible. 

Several months ago I spent a little time examining JillR's social media feeds - Instagram and Facebook. I was looking specifically for the time stamps on the posts, and IIRC FB has very specific date/time stamps on posts. I did that because it seemed the woman was just incessantly posting, posting, posting. I found posts featuring the kids, including IIRC a bunch of the kids sitting around the dining room table working on sending out flyers or something for Jill's ladies retreat - that were posted in the wee hours of the morning. And yes, I allowed for a two hour time difference between my location and Ohio (in case FB put our local time stamp on a post instead of the time at the location of posting). Either way, those posts were time stamped at times when people, especially kids, should be in bed asleep unless they're working night shifts or something. My conclusion was that JillR herself was certainly awake and posting on social media at those times, even if the kids were in bed by then.

I think JillR keeps the household in a state of constant motion if not turmoil, and if she wants the kids to work on some project until late at night, she'll make it so. IMO every time David has a print order of any size, she has to scramble the kids for some all out effort to help finish the job (probably stuff boxes), and memorialize it on SM with the appropriate Christian drah-mah. There is always something special going on for Jill to feed to her adoring followers: she and David dining out with maybe a favored kid or two, people coming over to the house for dinner and probably bringing the food, JillR and the girls going out somewhere, floating down muddy ditches on cardboard, climbing illegally on national monuments, performing at church, hustling Plexus, traveling in the stinkbus, and so much more.

I don't think that regular quiet homeschooling time or regular bedtimes are a thing at the barndo, and certainly not when she's hauling the family around for church appearances. And as @oliviabenson mentioned, I bet she and/or David keep the kids up preaching at them. JillR used to post proudly about how Tim "fasted" for the Lord; I think she avoids that subject now after some pushback and maybe CPS referrals. But even if she's learned to keep it on the downlow, the Rods not only agree with the baby-beaters Michael and Debi Pearl, IIRC they sent Nurie and Kaylee to stay with the Pearls for awhile a few years ago. 

Bottom line: those kids know diddly-squat about a peaceful, organized, home. They've been reared by parents who believe in harsh "discipline" of kids from literally the cradle on up. And as the cherry on top, their mother is a narcissist who appears to have sometimes manic energy and I'm sure keeps the pot stirred at home at all times. Even if the house got quiet, I think those kids are so filled with nasty preaching and fears of hell and worse, that their anxieties could keep them awake. And the LAST thing their dear parents give a damn about, is whether Tim or Philip get to work or school on time. It's just not on their radar.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 16