Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

93B46BD4-A1C8-4BD5-BF6C-EAB2F3CFE079.jpeg

D48C09BA-4426-4192-BE1F-E166AA170ABF.jpeg

66C3E0E6-1A1C-4F05-9C9E-595A02182D68.jpeg

42E2081A-FF54-4811-B562-A9A5D0E6E617.jpeg

Is Sam's gift burned into wood?  A poster?  There are some grammar errors.  And why would David type his message out.  That seems strange to me.   Mother's Day is bigger than Christmas or Easter.  So many post and all directed at her.  And other than Nurie, her family and Timothy, aren't all the kids around her home every day?  She certainly showed us all how blessed she is.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

The narcissism is just screaming off those posts:

"Lavished praise on me."   "Bestowed the upon me the honored title..."  

So self-centered.   I mean even for Mother's Day this stands out.  

Can she write a single sentence without "I" or "me?"

Nope, she can't. 

• Like 9
2 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

And why would David type his message out.  That seems strange to me.  

Because if Jill hand-wrote the message and gave it to David to sign, people would see the difference in the handwriting.  This way, he only had to stop looking at the map long enough to sign his name.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Fosca said:

Because if Jill hand-wrote the message and gave it to David to sign, people would see the difference in the handwriting.  This way, he only had to stop looking at the map long enough to sign his name.

It was still enough to know that wasn't his handwriting on the bananagram. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12

I don't think Jill wrote the David one. It's not Jill's style at all (ie very gushy like both her own posts and the ones from the girls (allegedly)). And in a rare moment of sympathy for Jill, if DBD did write it himself, man, that dude is no fun at all. I could write a better tribute to a co-worker. I get that anything the Rods write is going to be religion-focused, but you could still do that without such a "greetings, generic woman" vibe. 

Also, if the hand writing weren't enough, a guy who can't come up with one specific compliment to his wife on Mothers Day is not writing spontaneous banana love notes. 

Did Nathan or Jon's tributes to their wives end up on the social medias?

• Like 10

Good for Timothy! I'm glad he did that for Heidi's mom.

As for Jill's teaching,  it's that lack of teaching that shows us she writes every ode and gushing tribute to her. No matter whose name it's attributed to.

• Like 9

That was a nice picture of the "kids", but why is Jonathan  cuddling a pillow?  And good for Tim to give a nice gift to his future mother-in-law, and good for his future mother-in-law to post such a nice thank you.  I get the feeling that Heidi's family really likes him and sees some potential.  I'm pulling for him.  If his "mother" will just stay out of his way.

I put "mother" in quotes because in my mind a true mother puts the basic needs of her children before her wants and demands.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

You notice Heidi's mom thanked him nicely without making it all about her.

And those "ingredients" were definitely a shot across the bow by Tim.  He's finally seeing how absolute dysfunctional his upbringing was. 

• Like 14
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, merylinkid said:

The narcissism is just screaming off those posts:

"Lavished praise on me."   "Bestowed the upon me the honored title..."  

So self-centered.   I mean even for Mother's Day this stands out.  

Can she write a single sentence without "I" or "me?"

And the older she gets, the worse she gets..

• Like 12
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Oh MY!  Tim called someone else Mom and the best Mom ever.  There can be only one best ever.   Jill must be crushed.  

Jill is seething. Expect another persecution screed in the next few days. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 14
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

How long until the reel of Jill showing us how she hung Sam's poster in her bathroom?

You mean... how (literally anyone other than Jill herself) hung it up.  The only part she'll be involved with is filming and pointing.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

Jill will pop up pretty soon with a response to the gift to Heidi's mom. She'll make it all about how she raised such a sweet, God loving, caring man. She'll say that it doesn't surprise her that Timothy picked out such a loving gift. She's exhausting.

• Like 7
  • LOL 5
(edited)

BE467B3A-0292-4119-924A-992111ED7EC1.jpeg

Stomach pouch and a Guinea pig as a reference to Nurie…

And the way Jill dressed, fed  Nurie how can Nurie be spoiled??? 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 2
  • LOL 10
22 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

To mama love-excuse me lolz that’s as bad as cousin loving. 

PUNCTUATION MATTERS!

If that sign is to be taken as written, Jill calls Sam "Littleboy" and Sam calls Jill "Mama Love."  I have no idea how one procures a personalized burned wooden sign like that, but I'll bet the whole time Sam had it in his possession he was secretly thinking, "suck it, Tim - there's a new favorite son in town."

Regarding the previous post - Jill carrying Nurie in her "stomach pouch..."  Does she mean an actual baby carrier or is stomach pouch her term for "womb?"  Either way it's bizarre and disturbing.

• Like 15
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I think Jill posting that she was “walking the streets of NYC” is hysterical.

I mean she does look like a lot lizard and the way her clothes are skin tight she can barely walk…

• LOL 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Tim might have bought 2 of those cups and Jill has one. Tim is not a favorite of hers so maybe she just did not show it on SM.

If Jill had one of those cups from Tim, I’m sure she would have figured out a way for hers to be better somehow or another. More godly or maybe she could bedazzle the cup…

Edited by ozziemom
Grammar matters
  • Like 8
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

If that sign is to be taken as written, Jill calls Sam "Littleboy" and Sam calls Jill "Mama Love."  I have no idea how one procures a personalized burned wooden sign like that, but I'll bet the whole time Sam had it in his possession he was secretly thinking, "suck it, Tim - there's a new favorite son in town."

Regarding the previous post - Jill carrying Nurie in her "stomach pouch..."  Does she mean an actual baby carrier or is stomach pouch her term for "womb?"  Either way it's bizarre and disturbing.

I think she means her uterus as baby pouch lolz.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I think it is possibly a gift shop item. A poster that looks like a wood burning that is customized with whatever. Someone on reddit said they are common in the tourist shops in Jill's lovely Amish country. That makes some sense.

Maybe Samuel's excellent job is in an Amish tourist trap gift shop making the things.😂

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Maybe Samuel's excellent job is in an Amish tourist trap gift shop making the things.😂

Can you imagine if it was???? Jill would never shut up about it.  Her weird fetish with the Amish life would be social media content for WEEEEEEEKS.  

Or at least until the next Plexus Reset. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Regarding the previous post - Jill carrying Nurie in her "stomach pouch..."  Does she mean an actual baby carrier or is stomach pouch her term for "womb?"

Maybe she's secretly a kangaroo?

• LOL 13
(edited)
12 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Can you imagine if it was???? Jill would never shut up about it.  Her weird fetish with the Amish life would be social media content for WEEEEEEEKS.  

Don’t the Amish send their children to school at least for awhile?  I think until the 8th grade or something.   Including Girls!!!!!      Plus I am pretty sure they feed their children on the regular because they have chores to do.      No social media though.   Including the headship so Jill would hate it.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
12 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Not to mention that Sam could use his employee’s discount to get Mama all the gift shop crap she wants!

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Ellen posted her gift from Tim on social media first. If Jill got the same cup, all she can do now is say, "I got one too." Ouch. The Cup may be the reason for the over-the-top gushing from the other Rodlets this Mother's Day. BME is jealous.

The kids have been working hard to spruce up the Pet Rock Cemetery. It must be spring in Wooster.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

The kids have been working hard to spruce up the Pet Rock Cemetery. It must be spring in Wooster.  

Yes you know it’s spring when Jill comes up with another bizarre garden theme. I have never seen what looks like hay as a flower bed, but maybe she saw this at an Amish place. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Looking for garden ideas? Here you go!

Screenshots from a video:

743C0ED7-716F-4DD5-AC8A-A0293000CB6B.jpeg

782E303E-0869-4D8F-9B24-EA61EADD8238.jpeg

6F5E1F47-3C9A-4FC5-986D-DF46941B2A0B.jpeg

02989DF3-3B24-4EFD-B7DC-0786078FDEB1.jpeg

Why in heaven's name do they need a stone pathway through bare ground?  What is the point of using bricks to separate the various 'areas' when they are all the same vast wasteland?  At least put some mulch around the fake flower beds.  Apparently, Jill has never heard of ground cover.  Had she planted a couple of pachysandras a few years back, there would be plenty of green by now.

Instead, it looks like a nuclear test site.

• Like 9
  • LOL 13

That "garden" looks like a junkyard. What a mess! 

Yes, the Amish go to school through 8th grade, boys and girls. And after they graduate, many will study or apprentice for their chosen field. YOu can't be an idiot and run a diary farm for example. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

The only thing decent in there is the clump of irises.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I noticed there is a chair with a white fence around it. Huh? Then I saw a picture on another site and guess who is seated in that chair? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Oh, that Jill - her creativity knows no bounds.  I like the Pet Rock Cemetery theme, but I think what she was going for was "Discarded Highway Crap With Plastic Flowers, Rusted Lawnmower and Random Fencing."  If so, she succeeded.

And for real, has this woman ever visited an actual garden center where they sell mulch, as well as real flowers?  Just because you bought something from the discount clearance bin at Michaels doesn't mean you have to display it in your home or yard.

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
On 5/13/2024 at 5:12 AM, ginger90 said:

93B46BD4-A1C8-4BD5-BF6C-EAB2F3CFE079.jpeg

D48C09BA-4426-4192-BE1F-E166AA170ABF.jpeg

66C3E0E6-1A1C-4F05-9C9E-595A02182D68.jpeg

42E2081A-FF54-4811-B562-A9A5D0E6E617.jpeg

I have one question looking at this photo.  Does Jonathan always have a boner when he is taking pics at the Barnado?  I can think of no other reason for the lap pillow.

• LOL 10
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I’m confused. I assume it’s some sort of garden, but my brain is misfiring just trying to tell what the heck is going on in those pictures.

Amazing how these people can take something as simple and beautiful as an outdoor space and make it into… that.

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

lotta stuff

1 hour ago, Notabug said:

Why in heaven's name do they need a stone pathway through bare ground?  What is the point of using bricks to separate the various 'areas' when they are all the same vast wasteland?  At least put some mulch around the fake flower beds.  Apparently, Jill has never heard of ground cover.  Had she planted a couple of pachysandras a few years back, there would be plenty of green by now.

Instead, it looks like a nuclear test site.

I don't know why, but it vaguely reminded me of Tombstone and all the schlocky shit there.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, AgathaC said:

Amazing how these people can take something as simple and beautiful as an outdoor space and make it into… that.

it takes a special hand to ruin greenspace.   Like if you ignore it, it would look better than whatever the hell Jill (made the kids) did (do) to it.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I have one question looking at this photo.  Does Jonathan always have a boner when he is taking pics at the Barnado?  I can think of no other reason for the lap pillow.

I do think the fundie boys do this to hide their boners but also just any kind of bulge that might form from sitting down.  They wouldnt want to be immahdest by having like, normal body parts. 

• LOL 10
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Yes you know it’s spring when Jill comes up with another bizarre garden theme. I have never seen what looks like hay as a flower bed, but maybe she saw this at an Amish place. 

The Amish have better taste. For that matter so does my parakeet.

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
9 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

The Amish have better taste. For that matter so does my parakeet.

Some Amish sects have lovely flowers and gardens. They can't take pride in them, but I think deep down they do. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Don’t the Amish send their children to school at least for awhile?  I think until the 8th grade or something.   Including Girls!!!!!      Plus I am pretty sure they feed their children on the regular because they have chores to do.      No social media though.   Including the headship so Jill would hate it.  

The Old World Amish (don't drive cars, women keep their hair covered, keep pretty much to themselves) do send their children to school until 8th grade, but they have their own one-room schools.  They do not attend public school with "Europeans".  The Old World community that I am familiar with is in rural Iowa, and years ago the state decided that the Amish children would attend public schools in town.  The first day the bus came to take them to school, all the kids hid in the corn fields and threw corn ears at the bus.  The incident made national headlines.  The state then decided that they could still go to their own schools, but they must have credentialed teachers.  So now "European" teachers are in all the small Amish schools. It is odd to me to see the teacher's cars parked next to the buildings, and the teachers wearing pants, but they have been doing this for many, many years now.  I do not know what type of Amish live in the Rod's area, but if they are hanging out with Jill they must be a more worldly community. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 7
10 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

The Old World Amish (don't drive cars, women keep their hair covered, keep pretty much to themselves) do send their children to school until 8th grade, but they have their own one-room schools.  They do not attend public school with "Europeans".  The Old World community that I am familiar with is in rural Iowa, and years ago the state decided that the Amish children would attend public schools in town.  The first day the bus came to take them to school, all the kids hid in the corn fields and threw corn ears at the bus.  The incident made national headlines.  The state then decided that they could still go to their own schools, but they must have credentialed teachers.  So now "European" teachers are in all the small Amish schools. It is odd to me to see the teacher's cars parked next to the buildings, and the teachers wearing pants, but they have been doing this for many, many years now.  I do not know what type of Amish live in the Rod's area, but if they are hanging out with Jill they must be a more worldly community. 

I know the schools have to meet certain standards and that they have a school board. Most that I heard of have an in community teacher and assistant. They have to be approved by the board. 

• Useful 3