Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Is it possible she paid for the hotel before the storm and could not get her money back?

That was my assumption. I think they would’ve had to pay in advance, not at the last minute. But I don’t know how these things work.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, SMama said:

Jill is very good at coming up with other people’s money.

I know they don't want to give an angry reaction but this makes me angry.  She really is the worst.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Kbo said:

I legitimately thought this was from the parody account. Is she really this delusional?  I know, I know, this is Jill we’re talking about but seriously. 

She thinks she’s trolling the haters. It just makes her look pathetic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Is it possible she paid for the hotel before the storm and could not get her money back?

Oh yes, she probably booked this convention long before the Ohio Derecho Storm.   But, its not like she was rolling in dough BEFORE her road was hit worse than anyone else's and her driveway was such a mess.   

As for asking for her money back, there is no way in HELL, Jill would skip this convention.   All the attention she could get?   Without having to pretend its about the kids in some way?   Its a dream come true for her.

• Like 17
9 hours ago, Lilac2000 said:

I don't want to defend Jill in any way whatsoever but I love Drury Inns and they offer breakfast and light dinners included in the rate. Baked potatoes, chili, hot dogs every night and then a main course like BBQ night or a penne pasta with chicken plus salad. It's actually really good food and you get 3 alcoholic drinks included per person (wine, beer or cocktails (and depending on the server they can be pretty strong!)). Not that Jill would appreciate that. So she could have saved some $ if she got the Winner Dinner or whatever and then the hotel meals.

If Shrek's meals were included in their rate, the hotel definitely lost money on that deal.

• Fire 1
  • LOL 21
11 hours ago, Lilac2000 said:

I don't want to defend Jill in any way whatsoever but I love Drury Inns and they offer breakfast and light dinners included in the rate. Baked potatoes, chili, hot dogs every night and then a main course like BBQ night or a penne pasta with chicken plus salad. It's actually really good food and you get 3 alcoholic drinks included per person (wine, beer or cocktails (and depending on the server they can be pretty strong!)). Not that Jill would appreciate that. So she could have saved some $ if she got the Winner Dinner or whatever and then the hotel meals.

We stayed at a Drury Inn during the derecho we had in Cedar Rapids, Iowa(mentioned it in another post in this thread). My husband's boss needed him at work(their warehouse wasn't effected). We got the last room in the hotel. It was the BEST hotel ever, for all the reasons you posted. I will plan trips around towns that have a Drury Inn.

So who is going to drive Philip's car when he's in Hungary? Something tells me that won't be his car for long.

• Like 4
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Madtown said:

So who is going to drive Philip's car when he's in Hungary? Something tells me that won't be his car for long.

No worries ~ he won't ever go to Hungary. I doubt he will make it through the first year of "college."

• Like 6
  • Sad 16
  • Love 7
Just now, Westiepeach said:

No worries ~ he won't ever go to Hungary. I doubt he will make it through the first year of "college."

I have to agree with that. He isn't going anywhere. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 6
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Y’all… I have sinned ☹️ I have been lusting after GWE after this post.  Need to start a gotomefund for sustenance during my fast in prayer.  

0E628442-25DF-4584-BEC7-89C3D78FF32F.jpeg

Maybe this is her nice way of saying he was a sweating like a pig.

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, Lilac2000 said:

I need a vacation! Anyone want to contribute to my gotome fund for a three day stay at Jill's Drury Inn for me? I live in Idaho, so I'll have to grift some airfare and food money, too.

• LOL 19
36 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I need a vacation! Anyone want to contribute to my gotome fund for a three day stay at Jill's Drury Inn for me? I live in Idaho, so I'll have to grift some airfare and food money, too.

I would but, I also find I am in need of a vacation.  And, I just spent the last 3 days babysitting my niece and nephew, so I find myself a bit short on funds.  Those little shits get expensive real quick.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Thoughts when I saw the car posts:  

1–Holy shit, she did it. She grifted a car. 
2–I hope he’s a better driver than Tim.

Anyone who can grift a large house, move-in ready, can grift anything!  Jilly Bean is gifted at grifting!

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Y’all… I have sinned ☹️ I have been lusting after GWE after this post.  Need to start a gotomefund for sustenance during my fast in prayer.  

0E628442-25DF-4584-BEC7-89C3D78FF32F.jpeg

That’s actually one of his better photos!  Usually she posts him at the pulpit in his strangely fitting suits with his mouth hanging open!

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I would but, I also find I am in need of a vacation.  And, I just spent the last 3 days babysitting my niece and nephew, so I find myself a bit short on funds.  Those little shits get expensive real quick.  

Me too. Maybe we should try applying for FMLA!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

He will go hungry though. 

If I posted about my husband like she does my husband would take the internet away from me out of embarrassment(he's not one for attention) 🤣

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

He will go hungry though. 

If I posted about my husband like she does my husband would take the internet away from me or if embarrassment(he's not one for attention) 🤣

My husband would be really embarrassed. 

• Love 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, Madtown said:

I'm sure Jill made it clear to Phillip that the car does not belong to him. Jill's fans bought it for her to let Phillip use to get to school, however long that may be. I doubt Phillip will make it to his three-year "doctorate degree," another of Jill's misunderstandings about how schools and education work, but I hope he gets at least a full year in. 

What is this mysterious job Jonathan and Phillip have? Jill loves to brag and she's not talking, so it must not be very glamorous. The other possibility is that the owner knows how big her mouth is and has forbidden any mention of the business. Maybe the owner is as shady with finances as Jill and David appear to be. 

Edited by BradandJanet
typo
  • Like 4
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The other possibility is that the owner knows how big her mouth is and has forbidden any mention of the business. Maybe the owner is as shady with finances as Jill and David appear to be. 

Oh, so they are working for JB. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
(edited)
39 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

What is this mysterious job Jonathan and Phillip have? Jill loves to brag and she's not talking, so it must not be very glamorous. The other possibility is that the owner knows how big her mouth is and has forbidden any mention of the business. Maybe the owner is as shady with finances as Jill and David appear to be. 

In a pic with Nemo, Phillip was shown wearing a Loudonville Farmers Equity hat.  That seems a possibility of place of employment for Jonathan and Phillip. I sort of doubt Jill would just randomly pay for a hat from the place. It is about 30 min from the barndo and Jonathan's basement apartment in Apple Creek.

farmers equity.jpg

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 9
12 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

In a pic with Nemo, Phillip was shown wearing a Loudonville Farmers Equity hat.  That seems a possibility of place of employment for Jonathan and Phillip. I sort of doubt Jill would just randomly pay for a hat from the place. It is about 30 min from the barndo and Jonathan's basement apartment in Apple Creek.

farmers equity.jpg

Poor little Nemo looks terrified

• Sad 15
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, SMama said:

I hope it pays enough for Jonathan to save enough to get an apartment. They are going to have a baby before their first anniversary anyway. 

I can’t believe this kid didn’t save that $$ before moving to Ohio. I just don’t get it. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I can’t believe this kid didn’t save that $$ before moving to Ohio. I just don’t get it. 

Was he working in Mississippi? I don't remember what Jill told us about any employment history.

So is Carlin Bates fine now?? Suddenly everything appears to be well. But it doesn't look like Evan went back to work. And they haven't given a health update in a while.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

So is Carlin Bates fine now?? Suddenly everything appears to be well. But it doesn't look like Evan went back to work. And they haven't given a health update in a while.

They're on vacation now. A post with all 4 of them in a pool is disconcerting. What if Carlin, holding Zade, had an incident in the pool? Evan doesn't have enough arms to save her while also keeping his kids safe. 

Did these seizures just disappear as mysteriously as they began? I wonder what the EEG revealed?

• Like 2
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, SMama said:

I’m curious as to what Jonathan’s EXCELLENT job is that he can hire his future BIL after a few months on the job.

Correction: Jonathan is his “soon to be brother in law.” Jill needs, well, all kinds of remedial education but especially on the use of quotes.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

He's got a thousand yard stare going there... and I don't blame him!

He's probably trying to calculate how long he has to be stuck with these clowns down to the millisecond. 

1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They're on vacation now. A post with all 4 of them in a pool is disconcerting. What if Carlin, holding Zade, had an incident in the pool? Evan doesn't have enough arms to save her while also keeping his kids safe. 

Did these seizures just disappear as mysteriously as they began? I wonder what the EEG revealed?

2 thoughts: either it didn't reveal anything and they don't want to admit these seizures are due to stress, extreme dieting, or having to actually parent her own kids. OR, like me, the results haven't been released to her doctor, yet. I had an EEG almost 3 weeks ago and nobody seems to know where it is or what it says.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 13
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Nysha said:

2 thoughts: either it didn't reveal anything and they don't want to admit these seizures are due to stress, extreme dieting, or having to actually parent her own kids. OR, like me, the results haven't been released to her doctor, yet. I had an EEG almost 3 weeks ago and nobody seems to know where it is or what it says.

Wow, three weeks? That's ridiculous! Carlin is about two weeks out now, so maybe they haven't heard back yet?

• Love 3

Did we ever hear if 1) Nurie bought a car seat for Nemo or 2) that they had Nemo checked out after the car accident?  I hope they know they will need to buy a second car seat for the new baby and that the two kids can't just share one.  And that the car seat have to be NEW and not from a yard sale or a donation from a church member. I can just picture BME asking for car seat donations.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I think he’s scared of Jill’s voice. The pitch and screeching  is deafening…

When my son was an infant, he was scared of my exMIL's voice sometimes. She had this high pitched sounds when she would say something like "He is so cute". He would start crying. 

• Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

There is no doubt that Jill will grift plane tickets for 3 for Hungary. She gets what she wants.

See Phil and parents go to Hungary on a trip before November. 

Free plane tickets, hotel, food etc. courtesy of donations.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
12 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

If he had any savings it went all to Jill. The basement apartment rent/decorations were bought by Jill using his $.

• Sad 6

Ah, David wore his flag rag shirt to the convention. It doesn't improve anything about him.

Jill is trolling now because people are calling her out for spending lavishly to make this convention a date week with Deadbeat Dave, even as she was begging for meals for her kids and money to keep gas in the generator after the Ohio Derecho in these "strenuous" financial times. 

Jilly, you got caught in your lies and inconsistencies. Also, if you promote Plexus as badly as you do your recliner-loving hubby, you'll never get to that ruby circle. 

• Thanks 10
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

9DCDC642-C1E7-4A7E-8A14-C7A2A173CA1A.jpeg

I really don’t understand why she posts such horrible pictures of him. I don’t think he’s smiled in even 10% of the pictures I’ve seen. He often has a pained look or a deer in the headlights look like he didn’t know there was a camera.